Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting armpit hair on woman

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Armpit hair has a very real function in that it 'transmits' signals to the other gender .Scent is sent out from there and elsewhere to say " she's ready" .
    Long before chanel ...... nature was doing it her own way .

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Maybe I am sexist, and even though it is natural it makes me want to puke.

You are. You've been conditioned.

Underarm hair isn't one of life's beautiful things - on men or women. Come to think of it, neither are underarms. Beats me why people have them on show at all.

I find male underarm hair just as unattractive as female underarm hair - but I can accept it exists without resorting to calling the person attached to the hair disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Find it hard to understand the mentality that underarm hair on a woman is "disgusting" but "normal" for a man. Hair is hair surely??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

smash wrote: »
    Sorry but natural does not mean right.

So it's right for you guys, but not for us ladies?

All she's doing is challenging the social and cultural norm, at the risk of offending and disgusting the masses. Which I find is quite admirable.

No-one's going to force you to ride her or anything (though she's prettier than average as far as I can judge). Why the judgement, why not live and let live?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Was this woman on the Craig Doyle show for any reason other than her armpits, or was she there solely to discuss hair?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

smithcity wrote: »
    Was this woman on the Craig Doyle show for any reason other than her armpits, or was she there solely to discuss hair?

No Craig Doyle was trying to sell her some dodgy phne/broadband package

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

paddyandy wrote: »
    Armpit hair has a very real function in that it 'transmits' signals to the other gender .Scent is sent out from there and elsewhere to say " she's ready" .
    Long before chanel ...... nature was doing it her own way .

My transmitters must be blocked :(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Simply dress modestly is the answer and add mystery which is essential if it's there at all these days .There's little left in the boundaries with the fashion houses having pushed them as far as possible .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Surely I'm not alone in finding unshaven women a massive turn on? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

beks101 wrote: »
    So it's right for you guys, but not for us ladies?

Well that's a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I for one do not like hairy women.

• Advertisement

Well that's a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I for one do not like hairy women.

That's fair enough. We're all allowed to have our own likes and dislikes - I, for one, don't find men who are squeamish about a bit of body hair attractive.

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    That's fair enough. We're all allowed to have our own likes and dislikes - I, for one, don't find men who are squeamish about a bit of body hair attractive.

squeamish has nothing to do with it. I think how a women takes care of herself says a lot. I would consider grooming to be big deal to be honest.

squeamish has nothing to do with it. I think how a women takes care of herself says a lot. I would consider grooming to be big deal to be honest.

So does the decision not to shave = not grooming or not taking care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Grooming. Right. So you shave your pits and your pubes? It's a big deal to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    Surely I'm not alone in finding unshaven women a massive turn on? :confused::confused:

Call me......:cool:

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    So does the decision not to shave = not grooming or not taking care?

well not shaving is not grooming. As for not taking care, well that's a matter of opinion too. In my eyes if you've decided to be hairy then it means you're either lazy or don't really care much about your appearance.

What grooming do you do? Just trying to get an idea of what constitutes 'taking care of oneself' in your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Maybe I am sexist, and even though it is natural it makes me want to puke.

You are. You've been conditioned.

Underarm hair isn't one of life's beautiful things - on men or women. Come to think of it, neither are underarms. Beats me why people have them on show at all.

I find male underarm hair just as unattractive as female underarm hair - but I can accept it exists without resorting to calling the person attached to the hair disgusting.
    I meant the under arm hair as disgusting. Phrased is badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oakleafsfree

teddy denson. such strong expression of revulsion. labelling her a feminist, disgusting and errrrm arm pit hair. I think you v never truly turned a woman on. sexually, i mean where she just doesnt give a toss. also...not chauvenist...just a bit of a bully, who demands that people should adhere to your conforms. and maybe she was maybe socially special. i.e. learning abilities etc. But, i bet you stared!!! and showed ur disgust with your facial expressions. If it had been me..i d have shoved my unruly hair, right in your nostrils!!! wow. your a man of great life experience! only those men of a certain age, put FEMALE body hair and feminism together. i call it...cant be flaming arsed!!! i m flaming spotless allover anyway!! wanna smell teddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

teddy denson. such strong expression of revulsion. labelling her a feminist, disgusting and errrrm arm pit hair. I think you v never truly turned a woman on. sexually, i mean where she just doesnt give a toss. also...not chauvenist...just a bit of a bully, who demands that people should adhere to your conforms. and maybe she was maybe socially special. i.e. learning abilities etc. But, i bet you stared!!! and showed ur disgust with your facial expressions. If it had been me..i d have shoved my unruly hair, right in your nostrils!!! wow. your a man of great life experience! only those men of a certain age, put FEMALE body hair and feminism together. i call it...cant be flaming arsed!!! i m flaming spotless allover anyway!! wanna smell teddy?
    No, stay the fook away from me ;)

• Advertisement

I meant the under arm hair as disgusting. Phrased is badly.

Fair enough. Any moment now, we'll be on the same page, all you need to do is declare male underarm hair disgusting too, and we're laughing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

and to think....

her brother is a boardsie.... thats all i'm saying on the matter!

What grooming do you do? Just trying to get an idea of what constitutes 'taking care of oneself' in your eyes.

What difference does it make what I do? We're talking about women here. Women that don't shave their legs, armpits, whatever... In my opinion it is disgusting and in my opinion it is not taking care of oneself because it's not trying to look your best. It takes little effort and makes a big difference.

Call me......:cool:

Love to.

1890 F-U-Z-Z-Y wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oakleafsfree

by the way , i m a lass in my twenties. society now...tells my boy mates to get buff, tatoos ,earrings and no body hair!!!! david beckhams fault. give me a honest grafffting bloke. whatever the graft of the day...who s showered in the morning pre work and the one who comes back to me in the evening. A scent of a man with body hair....hhmmmm . but i dont do nose hair or ear hair. But yes.. a natural man... i bet u have unruly spots you r definately maintaining.....but have your days too...wishing could live more wild and free.. like the cavemen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

People are entiltled to their own opinions but mine are:

Underarm hair on ladies is absolutely revolting beyond belief. Any woman who allows this to happen is going to have a rough ride looking for a husband (not saying impossible btw). Why in god's name would anyone do such a thing!! Makes her look like a man! Is shows poor sense of hygiene also. Guarantee she never does the dishes either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

What difference does it make what I do? We're talking about women here. Women that don't shave their legs, armpits, whatever... In my opinion it is disgusting and in my opinion it is not taking care of oneself because it's not trying to look your best. It takes little effort and makes a big difference.

It actually takes a lot of effort.
    I do it but I resent it.

It has to be done every 2-3 days and it's a large area to cover. Then there's the more precise areas like eyebrows, facial hair and bikini line which don't need to be done as often but need more time and care. The decisions to wax or bleach - the expense, the ingrown hairs, the razor burn.
    It really is the biggest pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I saw this woman on the Craig Doyle show. She unashamedly was sprouting furry bits from her under arm. I think this is absolutely grotesque. What sort of feminist goes to such lengths to make these points.

Anyway, would any men be will to go out with a women with a vast amount of under arm hair? Maybe I am sexist, and even though it is natural it makes me want to puke.

ahh, another sucked in victim of the PR machine.

I was only askin'...I thought we were having a discussion here. My mistake.

No worries though, I think I've gleaned enough information from your reaction to my question.

Thanks for the chats. Take care.

• Advertisement

TomKat wrote: »

Underarm hair on ladies is absolutely revolting beyond belief.

Jesus...

What's wrong with you people?!

What's with the extreme reaction?

Advertisement