Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got Verdu as my top player.
    Rafinha (Coritiba)
    Santon (Newcastle)
    Djalma (Porto)
    and the usual other sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I know yeah I should have after thinking about it but I was just so keen to open more packs :D

And out of those packs I got another IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chilean striker that plays in the Mexican league :P

Current market value - around 10,000 :rolleyes:

What rating his he, gold informs discard for around 9800 i think,
    so after ea tax you may be better off discarding instead of selling

What rating his he, gold informs discard for around 9800 i think,
    so after ea tax you may be better off discarding instead of selling

I have him up again at a start price of 10,000. If he doesn't sell Ill discard him.

theres a way to work out the discard value il post here when i find it

He discarded for 10,004 coins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just started Ultimate team and man is it kinda confusing. Just bought two gold premium packs and a promo pack, so i take it right now i have to find a good system and try to match nationalitys/formation to get good team chemistry? Any tips appecited

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yakult wrote: »
    Just started Ultimate team and man is it kinda confusing. Just bought two gold premium packs and a promo pack, so i take it right now i have to find a good system and try to match nationalitys/formation to get good team chemistry? Any tips appecited

Try and get players from the same leagues/nationality, and try and get them in the same formation. The chem comes from those linking up. I'm not sure how it breaks down but same league/diff nationality is slightly worse than if you could link 2 players same league/nationality. And teams also effect it(same team). Then a manager with the same formation as your players. I'm sure one of the lads could explain it better than me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yakult wrote: »

Team/Overall chemistry isn't that important, what you should be looking at is the individual chemistry.

chemml.jpg

See at the bottom of each card it says "CHM 9" ? That's ideally what you should aim for to get the best out of your players. You can easily achieve that if your players link with each other, either by being in the same league or same nationality (same club or same league and nationality would be even better). And also they need to be in the correct position and formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

As I've said to Axwell before.....

The awkward moment when my opponent realises that 78 rated Lukaku is a tank:

lukaku_thumb.png

115 goals scored with him now in 65 games. Not bad for a 900 coin purchase.

jamescd wrote: »

See at the bottom of each card it says "CHM 9" ? That's ideally what you should aim for to get the best out of your players.

I've heard people say that a lot, that individual chemistry matters and team chemistry doesn't.

I'm not convinced though. I play 4222 with Bale/Johnson/Nani/Valencia as my "CAMs", so they only have 5 chemistry each. They are way more effective than any designated CAM I've tried there. Maybe it's because of my playing style.

• Advertisement

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I've heard people say that a lot, that individual chemistry matters and team chemistry doesn't.

I'm not convinced though. I play 4222 with Bale/Johnson/Nani/Valencia as my "CAMs", so they only have 5 chemistry each. They are way more effective than any designated CAM I've tried there. Maybe it's because of my playing style.

Maybe the CAM's you tried weren't to your liking because they're slower ? Those players you mentioned are all wingers with 87+ pace so you probably play better with them because of that.

I've certainly noticed a difference in players like Ronaldo, who played considerably worse when I played him out of position at ST with only 5 chem. To get around this, I just subbed him on early in the game and he played much better :)

Rooney10 wrote: »
    As I've said to Axwell before.....

The awkward moment when my opponent realises that 78 rated Lukaku is a tank:

lukaku_thumb.png

115 goals scored with him now in 65 games. Not bad for a 900 coin purchase.

Ben Arfa is a must!!

Might think about making a non shiny prem team!

Lukaku and BArfa are on my list, Baines too, anyone else suggest anyone?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Ben Arfa is a must!!

Boswinga.
    Non-UP Anderson.
    Adebayor
    Sessegnon

They are all decent

Maybe the CAM's you tried weren't to your liking because they're slower ? Those players you mentioned are all wingers with 87+ pace so you probably play better with them because of that.

Not really. I've tried a bunch of slower wingers (NIF Jarvis) before I got the faster ones. I've tried Menez (and friends) who still have pace in the 80s and are CAM, and didn't "feel" any difference. The team chemistry was always high.

Must try subbing on Bale sometime and see. Depends who you are playing against though. Some games players feel unstoppable, next game they can't get a kick. The biggest factor is the opponent.

I'll never in a million years be able to afford Ronaldo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ben Arfa is a must!!

Adebayor is a machine, himself and Lukaku up front would be filth. Smalling is a beast in the air. Cabaye is another good one.

Nice idea. I might steal it :P

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cabaye has been sensational for me too. Highly recommend him.

Have Smalling (was making an a young EPL team at the time before scrapping it) also, haven't used him yet.

Ben Arfa is a must!!

Diaby and Sessegnon midfield

Djourou and Bassong in defense

-Ade- wrote: »
    Have Smalling (was making an a young EPL team at the time before scrapping it) also, haven't used him yet.

I used him at the start. Definitely worth a look. Still keep him around my squad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hmmm...Considering replicating this non-shiny too :D Some tanks being listed!

🤪

DONE! :D haha Took about 45mins and around 7000 coins. Here is my team:

GK: Vorm 500 (absolutely delighted with that)

RB: O'Shea 350 (sentimental value)
    CB: Kaboul 400 (beast of a CB)
    CB: Koscielny 750 (happy with that)
    LB: Baines 400 (bargain)

CM: Cabaye 600 (already had him for my main PL team)
    CM: Holden 400 (I really like Stu Holden)
    CM: Ramsey 650 (great stats on him)

RW: Ben Arfa 1200 (most expensive player, had to get him though)
    LW: Bellamy 700 (pace)
    ST: Adebayor 600 (Beast)

Subs: Smalling, Brown, Lukaku, Dorrans, O'Hara, McCarthy, Zabaleta

• Advertisement

He discarded for 10,004 coins.

Gold informs discard for 122 times the overall so in cactus mac 88's case it is 82 multiplied by 122

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#kCeabnMqbdsXa

That's the final squad of 23. Delighted with it to be honest. Such a crazy cheap team, low rating so should avoid the crazy expensive sides, full of players I actually like (except for Craig Bellamy, there are literally no other LW's in the league that are non-shiny), all the players are good and it was fun to make. Gonna play with them tonight and report back on how the squad plays.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#kCeabnMqbdsXa

That's the final squad of 23. Delighted with it to be honest. Such a crazy cheap team, low rating so should avoid the crazy expensive sides, full of players I actually like (except for Craig Bellamy, there are literally no other LW's in the league that are non-shiny), all the players are good and it was fun to make. Gonna play with them tonight and report back on how the squad plays.

You forgot Diaby, a must have in any non-rare prem team. He's like the cheaper version of Yaya Toure, bosses the midfield.

You forgot Diaby, a must have in any non-rare prem team. He's like the cheaper version of Yaya Toure, bosses the midfield.

Nah didnt forget him, could have got him for 500 coins but don't really like him as a player. Went with Ramsey instead, if he doesnt work out ill give him a shot based on your recommendation, heard really good things about James McCarthy aswell do got him on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Does anyone know who I talk to about missing players?

I bought a Guiza but he didn't show up in the menu screen when you buy them,so i have no idea where he went?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

Does anyone know who I talk to about missing players?

I bought a Guiza but he didn't show up in the menu screen when you buy them,so i have no idea where he went?

Have you checked your trade pile? He's probably in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yup checked everywhere,had a look in the club etc and couldnt find him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Not sure where to ask, but anyways.

Whats the deal with the brackets in formations? Like 4-1-2-1-2(1), and 4-1-2-1-2(2). Whats the different/what do they mean? :confused:

Yup checked everywhere,had a look in the club etc and couldnt find him

Log out and back in and search for him, happened to me the other day.

• Advertisement

Got to the final of all the cup comps and played them one after the other, 18 club tournament, I lost on penalties after he equalized in the the 120th minute.

Bronze one I lost in extra time to a team with 3 IF's and a new Blue one!!

Advanced Cup I was playing with my non shiny team and was doing well until a shot from 30 yards curled off the post hit the diving Vorm on the arm or head and bobbled into the net to give him the win.

The 6K one I lost 4-3

GAH!!!!

Advertisement