Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I left school today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I left school today :)

As in You're done with school now until the Leaving Cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yup :)

Yup :)

Well good luck with it, I'm going to be in school as much as possible from now until the leaving, it's the only place I work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still can't believe it's Friday tomorrow already , I know I say this all the time lol . Time needs to slow down :).
    Whens everyones last day of school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I must remember to scan part 1 of my area enclosed by curve integration guide tomorrow :L It's fun making it, I hope people will find it helpful.

And I graduate on the 23rd, only 12 more days of school in my entire life. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

finality wrote: »
    I must remember to scan part 1 of my area enclosed by curve integration guide tomorrow :L It's fun making it, I hope people will find it helpful.
    137505813_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Lol. My Business Teacher made a holy show of me today. Everytime we do a test (be it Summer/Chistmas/Class/Pre-Mocks/Pres etc.) she writes the score down and has a constant record of everything you've done. She handed a Test back to us today on Unit 4 and told the entire class that it was 26th A1 in a row! :pac: I actually nearly died of embarassment, not even funny. Apparently my lowest in Business the last 2 years was 94% I got in my Pre. :confused:

SHAMED I TELL YOU.

My Friends wouldn't let me live it down all day, asking me for study tips etc. :P

To make matters worse I went into English and my Teacher handed me back my GV+V essay and I got 66/70 :confused: Not joking I thought it was the sorriest excuse for an essay I had ever done in my life.. Goes to show you never know.

/ HAPPY RANT OVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

^ Wow. What an absolute nightmare! :P

leaveiton wrote: »
    ^ Wow. What an absolute nightmare! :P
    I probably sound like a pretentious twat or whatever, but it was just so embarassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I hate it when teachers read out your results to the rest of the class. :o Hasn't happened me since first year though, back when I was smart. :cool: My Geography teacher told the whole class I got 97% in the Christmas test. He didn't read out anyone else's result. :cool: Wouldn't mind but I did better than that in three or four other subjects. :P

I know it's actually annoying when teachers read out your results. I went in for the last two classes then skipped one of them thinking the class wasn't on , so I ended up only going to english and only 4 people were in.
    Then in english the teacher said she hadn't got my essay corrected yet she joked saying I must love writing essays and have it as a hobby asked the others why no one else hands up essays? and one said "I have a life" I just said I just want to try the essays or something like that. It's kind of odd when your the only one handing work to be corrected . I usually hand some up every week. I wish I weren't the only one it'd be less awkward.

I know it's actually annoying when teachers read out your results. I went in for the last two classes then skipped one of them thinking the class wasn't on , so I ended up only going to english and only 4 people were in.
    Then in english the teacher said she hadn't got my essay corrected yet she joked saying I must love writing essays and have it as a hobby asked the others why no one else hands up essays? and one said "I have a life" I just said I just want to try the essays or something like that. It's kind of odd when your the only one handing work to be corrected . I usually hand some up every week. I wish I weren't the only one it'd be less awkward.
    Let them feck off! You'll do better than them if you keep doing your work, let them think what they like and keep working your ass off! I've handed up 2 essays this weeks (GV+V, Rich) and am going to try and do 2/3 essays over the bank holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Kind of in the same situation myself. As far as you're concerned you're preparing for a very important exam so keep writing as many essays as you like. If they don't wanna do well then it's their choice. Concentrate on your own study and you'll have the last laugh when the results come out! ;)

Let them feck off! You'll do better than them if you keep doing your work, let them think what they like and keep working your ass off! I've handed up 2 essays this weeks (GV+V, Rich) and am going to try and do 2/3 essays over the bank holiday!

I already have 3 handed up already this week a poetry, hamlet and heaney . I won't be going to English until Wednesday. I always wonder do teachers like when you hand them up work or if they hate it.

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Kind of in the same situation myself. As far as you're concerned you're preparing for a very important exam so keep writing as many essays as you like. If they don't wanna do well then it's their choice. Concentrate on your own study and you'll have the last laugh when the results come out! ;)

I know it's just kind of awkward when your handing work up and no one else does, they must think I'm weird or something lol. I only do the essay once and if it gets a high grade I'll leave it as that and try and learn it but not word for word. It's usually fine on the first time. I'm just thinking of it this way I won't see any of them next year and I don't know them as it's a repeating place. I just hope the work works out in the end. At least I'm not the only on on boards.ie that hands up word I know I'm not the only one :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ok so we did a unseen poetry timing test in English the other day.
    My teacher handed it back and said it was "outstanding". But when I flipped over to see my grade..Boom 16/20. Sorry..but how only 16 if it was excellent :P

David1994 wrote: »
    Ok so we did a unseen poetry timing test in English the other day.
    My teacher handed it back and said it was "outstanding". But when I flipped over to see my grade..Boom 16/20. Sorry..but how only 16 if it was excellent :P

I hate that about English. You can write something utterly fantastic but you'll never get full marks. I got 80% in my mock but I honestly couldn't see much room for improvement. They love to take marks away for whatever reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Eathrin wrote: »
    I hate that about English. You can write something utterly fantastic but you'll never get full marks. I got 80% in my mock but I honestly couldn't see much room for improvement. They love to take marks away for whatever reason!

That's the thing with English.... you can write something great and get an OK mark on it, and then you write something you think is crap and get an A1. For the mocks I got the highest score in my class, yet I'm still puzzled how I managed that feat.

Am I the only one who just cannot study on a Friday? -_-

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »

Ehh no! Can never do work on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Nope, im the very same :(

I have never, and WILL never study on a Friday. It goes against every rule in my mind.. I study 6 days a week for at least 3/4 hours, always listen and class and hand up additonal essays etc. If that's not enough to get me the points I need, i'm not too bothered I can honestly say I tried my hardest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The only reason I do work on a Friday is because I've grinds on Saturday morning that generally have alot of work to be done for. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Are any of ye here worried about failing anything ? ye all seem so smart.
    I have a friend in 6th year who got 25 points in the pre.Don't understand how someone in 6th year can have that kind of attitude towards school.

I think I may be going crazy..but I am going to study on a Friday! :P

paddyzk wrote: »
    I have a friend in 6th year who got 25 points in the pre.Don't understand how someone in 6th year can have that kind of attitude towards school.

In my opinion, failing is relative to the person. No, I'm not going to fail anything but I may well under perform hugely and it's looking more likely with each passing day. That's something that I fear.

Absolute idiot in my year switched to the IoE (his parents must be insane to piss away money like that!) - he got 20 points in the mocks. Why would you even bother.

On the topic of failing, the only thing that worries me is maths because its my worst subject but I still get extra points for it...I guess its possible (though not likely) that I could fail history if the exam was awful, but I wouldnt care. :D

I am not afraid of failing anything but I need at LEAST a C1 in Chemistry but am so scared I wont get that :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

Absolute idiot in my year switched to the IoE (his parents must be insane to piss away money like that!) - he got 20 points in the mocks. Why would you even bother.

Dope. I love when lazy ***** throw money at grinds and the Institute and you do better than them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement