Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floyd Mayweather Vs Miguel Cotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi does anyone know how to get around my problem? I want to watch the Mayweather/Cotto fight this Saturday but I just want to pay for it like a one off ppv event but with boxnation it only lets you subscribe to their channel for €12.50 a month which I do no want to do. I already have a subscription with Sky and dont need another monthly bill. Does anyone know any other channels showing this fight?:) Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

luke111 wrote: »
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE,CAN YOU PAY PAYWIZARD WITH A PREPAID MASTERCARD TO GET BOXNATION

prepaid mastercard? What is this?

I have a mastercard. I logged to boxnation, subscribed via being a sky customer, was linked to paywizard, created an account with paywizard, and paid via mastercard. Success. Channel switched on in 30 seconds.

beya2009 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know how to get around my problem? I want to watch the Mayweather/Cotto fight this Saturday but I just want to pay for it like a one off ppv event but with boxnation it only lets you subscribe to their channel for €12.50 a month which I do no want to do. I already have a subscription with Sky and dont need another monthly bill. Does anyone know any other channels showing this fight?:) Cheers in advance

It's only for a month. So, you can cancel as soon as that month ends. One off 12.50 euro payment. That's a lot cheaper than if sky had it on PPV.

For 12.50 you get a whole month, and you do not have to keep it after this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 luke111

:mad::mad:PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP,i dont have a credit card,but i want to watch boxnation,ihave a sky tv account,is there any other way to pay paywizrd,i really want to watch mayweather cotto fight:mad

:mad::mad:PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP,i dont have a credit card,but i want to watch boxnation,ihave a sky tv account,is there any other way to pay paywizrd,i really want to watch mayweather cotto fight:mad

Log to paywizard and contact them?

They do have a contact: http://www.paywizard.com/index.php/contact-us

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

walshb wrote: »
    No. That result would have to see Floyd put on a ssrious beating for 7 rds. Floyd isn't terribly offensive, is cautious, and picks his shots. Now, he could score a ONE punch KO, but that would really surprise me.

Cotto is no dummy, and won't be battered without retaliation or without defending. Cotto has lovely feet and movement, boxes very well on the back foot too. Not that he will be boxing this way in this fight.

I see a beat down over 12 rds, with Floyd staying two steps ahead. Not a bating, just a steady beat down and winning the rds by landing that bit more all the time.

It goes 12 I feel, unless Floyd really goes for it, plants the feet and unloads, and is successful in doing so. Like I said, Cotto can move and run and defend pretty well.
    i think your bang on the money with that prediction walshb

#moneyteam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

I think Cotto's willingness to trade will be his undoing. Ignoring that instinct against a Margarito who never stops coming forward is one thing, but having the discipline not to do it against someone as elusive as Floyd will be another.He eventually planted his feet and opened up against Pacquiao and Manny destroyed him for it. Floyd won't do what Manny did but if Cotto stands in front of him Floyd will pick him apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

keane=cock wrote: »
    i totally agree

i actually like him , taught he was funny but ,but im only new in the boxing scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

MD1990 wrote: »
    what if everybody acted real friendly & respectfull?
    it would be really boring
    u need guys like Floyd to help sell fights

Not really true. Oscar was the sport's cash cow and he was the complete opposite. Pacquiao is nothing like him and he sells as big as Floyd does despite being from the other side of the world.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Not really true. Oscar was the sport's cash cow and he was the complete opposite. Pacquiao is nothing like him and he sells as big as Floyd does despite being from the other side of the world.

Well, when I look at this I think it's clear that the 2.15 million buys in the Oscar fight was due to both. No way Oscar gets that number vs, anyone else, and Floyd would not have got that number against anyone else in 2007.

Up to that point, Oscar's biggest PPV total was 1.4 million buys vs. Trinidad. Floyd has also done a figure this high without Oscar.

Oscar is the cash cow because he has been in 18 PPV events. His average over the 18 events in 700,000 buys per fight

Floyd's average over his 5 PPV fights is 1.4 million. So, this shows Floyd has real selling power

BTW, the real cash cow is Mike Tyson, whose 12 PPV fights see him average over 1 million buys per fight. Lower average than Floyd, but he had 12 PPV events. If Floyd maintains his current selling rate and gets another 7 PPV fights under his belt (highly unlikely) we can check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

cowzerp wrote:
    ..He paid for Joe Frazier's funeral and had no reason too, he also paid for "Chicanito" Hernandez funeral, He also paid the $50k medical bills to give a baby with heart defects surgery and never highlighted the fact, right now he is sponsoring the Golden Gloves Amateur Boxing tournament-he also get's his team to do regular soup kitchen runs and is meant to give lots of toys to charities at xmas etc...

in some ways he comes across bad but to say he is classless is wrong, plenty of class in all them acts up above and apparently there is many more such things he does like these that go unnoticed as in most cases the press find out from the receivers and not from him or his team
    cowzerp wrote: »
    ...I'm a fan of these guys Boxing not how sound they are etc

??

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Any one know what time roughly will the fight start over here?

Floyd to dominate for 12 rounds if he doesn't get the stoppage in 10/11. Cotto might be competitive for the first 3 or 4 but nothing that will trouble Floyd!

#moneyteam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

whats all this "#moneyteam" business??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

babymanval wrote: »
    ??

I was making a point that he is not classless but a man who has negatives like most-plenty of class in examples above, seperatly his private life has no relevance to how good a boxer he is, when i watch Boxing I'm not watching the nicest guy going or the worst-simply watching who entertain me.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    whats all this "#moneyteam" business??? :rolleyes:

I think he think's he is on twitter!

#boardsnottwitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickyg85

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE,CAN YOU PAY PAYWIZARD WITH A PREPAID MASTERCARD TO GET BOXNATION

prepaid mastercard? What is this?

I have a mastercard. I logged to boxnation, subscribed via being a sky customer, was linked to paywizard, created an account with paywizard, and paid via mastercard. Success. Channel switched on in 30 seconds.
    any1 no if ya can use laser card to book

mickyg85 wrote: »

yeah I'm sure ya can-that's how my missus booked it for me

You have it well sorted, mate. That day I'd say the better half will do all the cooking, cleaning and child minding, and the next morning when you stagger out of bed sometime in the pm, a late fryup or tasty dinner awaits?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

After the hames that Boxnation made out of the last fight and I saw it for free, I might just wait to see will it happen again...........

You have it well sorted, mate. That day I'd say the better half will do all the cooking, cleaning and child minding, and the next morning when you stagger out of bed sometime in the pm, a late fryup or tasty dinner awaits?:)

I'm at 2 MMA shows that day! then home a few beers and then stay up to watch the show-actually excited to see Canelo and Mosley now too..

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    After the hames that Boxnation made out of the last fight and I saw it for free, I might just wait to see will it happen again...........

Won't happen for this 1, this 1 is gold for them-book it asap or miss out.

I'm at 2 MMA shows that day! then home a few beers and then stay up to watch the show-actually excited to see Canelo and Mosley now too..

Me too. Looking forward to that Canelo scrap. I think Mosley will be really dominated. Might be sad viewing, as I like Shane as a fighter, and he seems a good guy too. At peak he was superb.

Me too. Looking forward to that Canelo scrap. I think Mosley will be really dominated. Might be sad viewing, as I like Shane as a fighter, and he seems a good guy too. At peak he was superb.

Passing of the torch and yes it can be quite sad-I just hope Shane makes Canelo have to show his stuff as at times he just seems to 1 dimensional.

Anyone out there rooting for a Cotto win? I am. I just think it would make crazy news, and would completely screw up the stale and hyped Floyd-Pac fight, which now no longer at all interests me.

Pac-Bradley? Not too bothered who wins here, but would probably like Manny to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Anyone out there rooting for a Cotto win? I am. I just think it would make crazy news, and would completely screw up the stale and hyped Floyd-Pac fight, which now no longer at all interests me.

Pac-Bradley? Not too bothered who wins here, but would probably like Manny to win.

Cotto seems like a genuinely nice guy and Mayweathers a twat but still want Floyd to win. He's the best around, pure class in the ring and I think we should enjoy him while he's around.

I like Manny but have gone on record saying I think Bradley might spring a shock so gonna be cheering on Tim in this one.

Main reason I'd like Manny to win is so he can sort of say to floyd, "ah, sure you're not all that, you're a beaten fighter," just like Floyd used to say when asked about fighting Manny.

Conversely, if Floyd wins and Manny loses, then Floyd may come into a lot of heat for refusing to face Manny and demanding tests. It's like, "Floyd, if Bradley can beat him without tests, why did you feel the need to demand tests?"

So fed up with the hype fight that I want to see a banana skin, one which Floyd slips on, as I believe he was the main stumbling block to the fight when it should have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

I think Floyd will win this by 3 or 4 rounds. Cotto is very likeable as a boxer, it would make great stuff to see him put PBF under serious pressure. I reckon Cotto will be pretty cut up around the eyes by the end.

One thing is for certain, I sure as hell hope that it doesn't turn out anything like the circus that was Mayweather - Ortiz. Would be rightly ****ed off if I sat up for that kinda rubbish again.

Anyone know who the referee is for this one?? Surely not Cortez?

boxer.fan wrote: »
    I think Floyd will win this by 3 or 4 rounds. Cotto is very likeable as a boxer, it would make great stuff to see him put PBF under serious pressure. I reckon Cotto will be pretty cut up around the eyes by the end.

One thing is for certain, I sure as hell hope that it doesn't turn out anything like the circus that was Mayweather - Ortiz. Would be rightly ****ed off if I sat up for that kinda rubbish again.

Anyone know who the referee is for this one?? Surely not Cortez?

I believe it's Kenny Bayless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickyg85

mickyg85 wrote: »

nice 1,dya no wat card u click on usually theres a maestro option but not on paywizard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

cotto 11/2 on pp worth a little bet !

Advertisement