Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Rube I am feeling chilly just reading your post:eek:
    Hope you are wearing your long johns!!!

The waves were crashing over the entrance to the ugly half finished marina in greystones, would dearly have loved to have taken some photos but the rain was very heavy so didnt want to run my camera. Lots of people were parked up just watching the waves and there were one or two brave souls all dressed up in serious waterproofs walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Welcome DarkGinger:)

Tis nice to have another woman around. The oulfellas in here are a wily lot and a handful! Sit yourself down and I'll put on the kettle. Now lets see if i can find Old Goat's stash of liquer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My collection of fine and rare drinkies are under lock and key after Alices last raid. I do however have a rather nice cask of Medera here to welcome all de-lurkers. :)
    Hello DarkGinger.
    /Pats couch
    Come, sit, have a little tipple before bedtime. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Thanks for the welcome - I brought a bottle - actually, I rarely travel without one :) It's not quite empty, either!

Currently sampling a Cointreau and Diet Coke for research purposes. Don't think I'll try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Good to meet you Darkginger, nice name too. Hope you like it in here in the comfy chair room. Nurse will be with you shortly. Wax crayons are on the table if you want to write messages to OG or anyone else :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Hey Darkginger!

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hiya Darkginger, and welcome to senior infants! I'll join ye in a cuppa too ('cos I'm an alcohol-free zone)! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Did I raid OG's drinks cupboard? I don't remember.... I don't remember lots of things. Makes for a stress free life.

Hi Darky and welcome - may I call you Darky?

Is there a full moon soon? Tis a bit chilly for doing my moondance though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Greetings DKG..the names Ro...Cicero..:p

Alice1 wrote: »
    Did I raid OG's drinks cupboard? I don't remember.... I don't remember lots of things. Makes for a stress free life.

I knew I had saved a few shots in my single use camera for something special. It has a flash too.

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »

1) It's called alcohol-free amnesia

2) You just did

3) Goodnight and Good Mooning :)

Call me whatever you like :) Full moon coming up at the weekend - and the reason I know that is 'cos I'm seriously (as opposed to frivolously!) planning to attempt moonlight photography, 'cos I got a new camera.

Have just entered into a pact with a friend to be teetotal for the whole of May, so have to find something to do for entertainment. Taking pics in the dark is right up there with worm-charming, for me - full of thrills and excitement.

You don't need a full moon. Come over to the Photography forum and lurk there for a bit. When the nights start drawing in again (:rolleyes:) there will be PhotoWalks in the dark, usually in city centres. Going out with a bunch of people is a great way to learn to use the camera.
    Also check out Photowalk.ie

Cameras, not drinking for a while, worm-charming...Are you me? Or just stalking me?!?! :cool:

Something I've been wondering about worm-charming - and you may know the answer to this - I saw it described on QI a while back, and apparently the skill of it all is to imitate the vibration of an approaching mole, hence scaring your worms to the surface. Given that there are no moles in Ireland - what scares an Irish worm?

I do poke my nose into to the photography forum from time to time, and even posted a pic, once :) They scare me a bit in there 'cos they're a bit good, some of them!

Worms are scared of burrowing leprechauns.

See, I knew you'd know the answer - so all an Irish worm-charmer has to do is imitate a leprechaun and they're guaranteed success?

(Has this forum always been this surreal, or am I just perceiving it that way due to my new sobriety? If so, I've been missing out!)

Darkginger wrote: »
    See, I knew you'd know the answer - so all an Irish worm-charmer has to do is imitate a leprechaun and they're guaranteed success?

(Has this forum always been this surreal, or am I just perceiving it that way due to my new sobriety? If so, I've been missing out!)
    Whaddya mean "surreal"? Who is surreal?

Oi,OI! you lot, the new wan is callin' us names.

Pretty accurate bit of name calling there though. Just missed out on the tea drinking and embrocation rubbing bit though.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Pretty accurate bit of name calling there though. Just missed out on the tea drinking and embrocation rubbing bit though.
    embrocation rubbing? Who's been rubbing your embrocate then Rube?

I think that our sinility gets a bit of an airing here in the offtopic thread but the rest of the forum is (kinda) sane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Like Darkginger I have been lurking for a while and enjoying the banter on this forum.. and like darkginger I too will be 53 years young this year but my mental age is so much younger. BTW I love Spread post and everyone elses and of course I love all the drinks that are offered be they alcoholic or non alcoholic.l. Mine is as nice rioja... failing that a baileys with ice will suffice. See I am very poetic lol. I can usually be found over on the state benefits forum as that is my forte.

How do eastbono, and welcome! I think you will fit in very nicely here. I, on the other hand, am a square peg in the proverbial round hole as I never took to the drop myself! I merely listen to the booze-sodden ramblings of my companions here, and therefore I am always the designated driver!!! What would they do without me I ask?

Welcome eastbono!
    As you've been peeping over the parapet for some time, you realise that we really are a conservative bunch .......... 'til the tablets/Merlot kicks in or the Nurse appears with a huge hypodermic. Several of us suffer from mild psychiatric disorders (undetected) and a few have yet-to-be-named psycoses. Still, none have been banned yet ............ so I guess that the Mods would also fall into the above catagories.

Today is my milestone. Mr. Google baked me a cake, would you like a slice?

Happy Birthday Jellybaby! It's all downhill uphill fun from here on. This is a major Hallmark moment for you. Enjoy!

/Gets in line for birthday smoochies.

Welcome to our little playpen Eastbono.

Happy Birthday dear Jellybaby, I hope you get everything you asked for.

OG I think that is the queue for the toilet you just joined. The Smoochy queue goes out the door and halfway around the block.

Happy Birthday JellyBaby! Hope you're planning a celebration later - beautiful day here for it :)

Due to technical thingies large threads like this get stopped/closed/locked and a new thread is started in it's place. Something to do with keeping the moderators supplied in Coke & Hookers. Anyway it's close to that point with this thread. So, at some point in the next week or so I'll be locking this thread and opening a new thread. That gives us the opportunity to come up with a new name or to go with Ciceros existing name MkII

Two of my blue tablets for the best suggestion.*

I like: A Bit of the oul blather - Off Topic backbiting, begrudgery and cardigan swopping.

*Obviously a lie, I need ALL the blue ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Huh, you are not having my cardigan.

god's still waiting room?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement