Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The middle aged Irish woman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jammy roger

Snowie wrote: »
    no no no there not your just really **** and have no charisma :pac:

Then how come when I lived in Germany for 2 years, I was continuously in relationships or having one night stand encounters? Yet whenever I'm here, women think they are too good for me and snub me whenever I've tried to talk to them.

They seem to think that they excrete golden chocolate bars which smell of perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Then how come when I lived in Germany for 2 years, I was continuously in relationships or having one night stand encounters? Yet whenever I'm here, women think they are too good for me and snub me whenever I've tried to talk to them.

They seem to think that they excrete golden chocolate bars which smell of perfume.

Whenever you post here, you come across as very angry and bitter, no offence intended.
    If you also come across like this when you speak to women, I'm not surprised if they're not interested in pursuing the conversation.

This might not be such a problem in German because from what I know of the language, tone isn't as important as it is in English.

Also, would you consider yourself charming, personable, funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Then how come when I lived in Germany for 2 years, I was continuously in relationships or having one night stand encounters?

Lower standards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

you left your lucky charms behind so head back :pac:

Whenever you post here, you come across as very angry and bitter, no offence intended.
    If you also come across like this when you speak to women, I'm not surprised if they're not interested in pursuing the conversation.

This might not be such a problem in German because from what I know of the language, tone isn't as important as it is in English.

Also, would you consider yourself charming, personable, funny?

Hang on, I talked to 4 Irish guys in Germany who all agreed with me. None of them have ever been on a date before in their lives and they were all in their early 20s, and all of them talked about how much more genuine, authentic, down-to-earth and easier to meet German women were than Irish women, and that's even if you can only speak basic German and are speaking with them in English. Only a minority of German women speak English, yet at that time when I spoke little German, I was meeting loads of women who I could communicate with in English. How do you explain this?

• Advertisement

Hang on, I talked to 4 Irish guys in Germany who all agreed with me. None of them have ever been on a date before in their lives and they were all in their early 20s, and all of them talked about how much more genuine, authentic, down-to-earth and easier to meet German women were than Irish women, and that's even if you can only speak basic German and are speaking with them in English. Only a minority of German women speak English, yet at that time when I spoke little German, I was meeting loads of women who I could communicate with in English. How do you explain this?

Your accent. Works for almost any Irishman, in a great number of countries around the world.

Maybe general cultural differences between here and there too, but I wouldn't be an expert.

Thrill wrote: »
    Lower standards?

In Germany, I had 4 relationships and slept with a further 6 or 7 women, all of which were in the 6-9 range looks-wise.

I am around a 7 out of 10 on the looks scale, yet horrible looking overweight 2s think they are too good for me here.

Your accent. Works for almost any Irishman, in a great number of countries around the world.

I've always found when Irish people say this it's really a reflection of their own narcissism. No one really cares about this little slave of Britain country. I'm Italian originally, but I was raised here, I have a neutral accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Were they working in the Reeperbahn district ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Domo230 wrote: »

Dunno, asian wimmenz tend to age hard, most asians in their late 40-50s tend to look like leather handbags with eyes :confused:

• Advertisement

I've always found when Irish people say this it's really a reflection of their own narcissism. No one really cares about this little slave of Britain country. I'm Italian originally, but I was raised here, I have a neutral accent.

Hold on a sec' , I'm just getting a beer and arranging my comfy chair......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Sappa wrote: »
    Now there are plenty of stunning women in their late 30's early 40's who look after themselves in Ireland
    but a lot seem to let themselves go and eat an awful amount if junk,lack of exercise etc unlike other nations.
    If you compare this to Italian,French,Latino or Asian women who seem to keep their figures in check.
    Is this solely down to culture,diet or climate.
    I'm not having a go here just an observation having spent time in the above countries.
    Any views

Yes I agree with you wholeheartedly!

;)

I've a fairly neutral Galway accent, not very strong, and lived in both America and the U.K for short periods, where my accent was often an ice-breaker when people would tell me how much they loved it (not always in a romantic sense, it was often just friendliness, from both genders).

If you do consider yourself fairly attractive, then your attitude must be the problem (it may have changed since Germany without you realising due to life events).
    When you talk to women, do you think you come across as friendly, open, relatively confident and interested in talking and listening to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Really? Its already time again for the Irish women are all fat and up themselves thread? All foreign women are models as are Irish men?

mattjack wrote: »
    Were they working in the Reeperbahn district ?

Ha ha, very funny.

I've never been that desperate. But I don't blame Irish men who go to Holland or Germany to pay for sex, although they probably do so out of the belief that they have to, when really it's only in Ireland where guys have so much trouble with women, elsewhere relationships and sex come easy, at least in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Ha ha, very funny.

I've never been that desperate. But I don't blame Irish men who go to Holland or Germany to pay for sex, although they probably do so out of the belief that they have to, when really it's only in Ireland where guys have so much trouble with women, elsewhere relationships and sex come easy, at least in Europe.

Yes Ireland is the only country where there are sex problems, German men never become sex tourists. All Irish women are the same, all German women are the same. Yawn

When you talk to women, do you think you come across as friendly, open, relatively confident and interested in talking and listening to them?

Yes, of course. But I'm not a professional clown or comedian, which is what Irish women seem to exclusively demand. Irish guys act like clowns because it's what the cows.. I mean Irish women want. I don't want to act like that, nowhere else in the world do you need to. It's just silly. Once my contract runs out in two years I'll return to Germany. I've been taking German night-classes during the week days since the start of this year.

Yes Ireland is the only country where there are sex problems, German men never become sex tourists. All Irish women are the same, all German women are the same. Yawn

There are desperate German men too, but not at anywhere near the same percentile as desperate Irish men. In Germany I saw average guys with average girlfriends all the time. Here it's always hot guy with hot girl, hot guy with average girl or hot guy with ugly girl, and only rarely I see an average guy with an average girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Perhaps for women who's first language isn't English, it takes them a bit longer to notice your bullshit.

Yes, of course. But I'm not a professional clown or comedian, which is what Irish women seem to exclusively demand. Irish guys act like clowns because it's what the cows.. I mean Irish women want. I don't want to act like that, nowhere else in the world do you need to. It's just silly. Once my contract runs out in two years I'll return to Germany. I've been taking German night-classes during the week days since the start of this year.

How did you manage to learn so little German in the two years you spent there ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Really? Its already time again for the Irish women are all fat and up themselves thread? All foreign women are models as are Irish men?
    All of us, because of some of us, need to be put in our place don'tcha know.

Heh, this reminds me of the most recent thread here putting down Irish men... oh wait, that never happens.

oh dear..

I was just thinking how charming you seemed and then you go calling all Irish men clowns and all Irish women cows...

Good luck with German classes!

How did you manage to learn so little German in the two years you spent there ?

I've returned since 2004, and I've forgotten almost all the German I learned. I have moved straight onto advanced level, finding it really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

In Germany, I had 4 relationships and slept with a further 6 or 7 women, all of which were in the 6-9 range looks-wise.

I am around a 7 out of 10 on the looks scale, yet horrible looking overweight 2s think they are too good for me here.

Wow, with that charm, I can't believe women aren't throwing themselves at you here. It's definately Irish women with the problem, not you.

foxinsox wrote: »
    oh dear..

I was just thinking how charming you seemed and then you go calling all Irish men clowns and all Irish women cows...

Good luck with German classes!

All in the one post too .... quite the catch for some lucky Fraulein .

Ah now, come on, that's a bit silly, and makes me think that it's clear to women you talk to that you've no respect for them, and actively despise them.

You don't have to be a professional comedian at all. It definitely helps to be able to make a woman laugh, sure. My exes have generally told me I was somewhat funny (which says more about them, I think, than me) but a girl will quickly tire of a man who never takes things seriously and jokes all the time.

If you're reasonably self-confident and telling the truth about being fairly good-looking, then you won't have any problems talking to women if you approach them in a manner which doesn't make it seem like you hate them.

Dudess wrote: »
    All of us, because of some of us, need to be put in our place don'tcha know.

Heh, this reminds me of the most recent thread here putting down Irish men... oh wait, that never happens.

Irish men vary greatly in personality I find. Whereas Irish women are all the exact same way: stuck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Wow, with that charm, I can't believe women aren't throwing themselves at you here. It's definately Irish women with the problem, not you.

Maybe the ones with self-esteem issues!!:D

Ah now, come on, that's a bit silly, and makes me think that it's clear to women you talk to that you've no respect for them, and actively despise them.

I will give as much respect as I am given. Irish men dont live by this rule and worship their women even when they are treated like dog ****

• Advertisement

All in the one post too .... quite the catch for some lucky Fraulein .

I know, and me being a middle age aul bag an all...

Thought I'd found the one for me..

But alas it seems I've let myself go and seem to have some problems with the perfumed chocolate poop..

Ah well...onwards and upwards..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement