Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alanstrainor bought a 325CI!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

After doing a vehicle transaction enquiry on the motor tax website for the black 03, it shows the cars last change of ownership was in Feb. Rang the seller last night and he said he had it six months. Don't like the sound of that.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

From wiki:
    The ES trim did not include cruise control, a multi-function steering wheel (MFSW), leather steering wheel or gearknob, although these were offered as "at-cost" options.

But at the same time it has the parking sensors and leather wheel.. It also has a non standard head unit which always puts me off for some reason.

I think its worth a look even to get a test drive and try and gain more info from the seller as to what messing was done to the car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

conzymaher wrote: »
    But at the same time it has the parking sensors and leather wheel.. It also has a non standard head unit which always puts me off for some reason.

Those options could have been individually specced. Just cause you order an ES from the factory doesn't mean you can't have any additional options, all BMWs are built to order whether it's the customer that specs them, or the garage for the showroom.

Wht the cafuffle about headunits? I just retrofitted a headunit to my e46 because the stock one's useless. I'd nearly think someone who cares enough to put a nice headunit in is a better class of owner than someone who couldn't give a damn about the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

While i agree with you both, theres a bit difference between putting in what looks like a 70e single din halfords jobby and a top class pioneer avh owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

hey Op, the below has just come up, fantastic spec, it is an auto though...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3270560

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Idbatterim wrote: »
    hey Op, the below has just come up, fantastic spec, it is an auto though...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3270560

Cheers, but it absolutely has to be manual. I can not be convinced otherwise!

Id agree on the manual front myself, typical one with great spec etc comes up with reasonable mileage and there has to be a catch :(

what about the below?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-CI-M/201209207120951/advert?channel=CARS

Id agree on the manual front myself, typical one with great spec etc comes up with reasonable mileage and there has to be a catch :(

what about the below?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-CI-M/201209207120951/advert?channel=CARS

A good bit overpriced considering its not the facelifted model

Owen wrote: »
    Wht the cafuffle about headunits? I just retrofitted a headunit to my e46 because the stock one's useless. I'd nearly think someone who cares enough to put a nice headunit in is a better class of owner than someone who couldn't give a damn about the car.

yeah I dont mind a nice dynavin or other high end double din headunit. But I hate seeing €50 crap headunits, they look particularly bad and out of place in the E46 dash and in my experience a lot of cars on donedeal that have one of these cheapo headunits are in poor condition throughout.

A good bit overpriced considering its not the facelifted model
    it is somewhat overpriced, but it has been up for quite sometime now and Id say the owner would be open to reasonable offers. The mileage is very low and spec great... I would take that over a non msport, boggo spec facelift anyday!

• Advertisement

it is somewhat overpriced, but it has been up for quite sometime now and Id say the owner would be open to reasonable offers. The mileage is very low and spec great... I would take that over a non msport, boggo spec facelift anyday!

Aye, but my budget was always 4 thousand tops. And given that i've jumped into a higher tax band, i'd ideally like to pay more in the region of 3500 for a car. Might be worth chatting with the seller, but I very much doubt they'll drop to 4 .

what about the below?

Just called, and it's sold. Boo...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just called, and it's sold. Boo...

i hate that! Take the bloody car down then!

That's a mistake by the looks of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Alan, just a thought have you checked out bmwdriver.ie and all those sites? They often have mint cars for sale?

That's the most confusing set of mileage entries i've ever seen!

That's the most confusing set of mileage entries i've ever seen!

It's ridiculous!
    But 100,024 in April 08 and 101,000 July 09, something not right there.

Will you copy and paste all of the mileage readings?

Could of been sitting in a Dealer but they're awfully confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

If you can get the vin number of the car you are looking at, have a look here and you can get the build sheet for it.

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31032

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

166man wrote: »
    Alan, just a thought have you checked out bmwdriver.ie and all those sites? They often have mint cars for sale?

Good call that - often some minty yokes up there but sometimes with a hefty price tag. No offence intended to anyone now! ;)

Will you copy and paste all of the mileage readings?

Could of been sitting in a Dealer but they're awfully confusing.

That's the lot of them! There's no more that the motorcheck report had!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Alan, I would give a +1 to looking on bmwdriver.net. Yes, the prices may be hefty but when you buy a car from an enthusiast, it's often a totally different experience.

Alan, I would give a +1 to looking on bmwdriver.net. Yes, the prices may be hefty but when you buy a car from an enthusiast, it's often a totally different experience.

Just signed up, and posted in the wanted section:)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Good call that - often some minty yokes up there but sometimes with a hefty price tag. No offence intended to anyone now! ;)

You're right though some of the car's command a hefty price. However I think the type of car Alan is looking at should be bought off an enthusiast.

My 2c anyway..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Have you seen this one?

media?xwm=y&id=13440796&width=400&height=300

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

166man wrote: »
    You're right though some of the car's command a hefty price. However I think the type of car Alan is looking at should be bought off an enthusiast.

My 2c anyway..:)

I agree and as Mertz says above there can be a whole lot of difference in the quality of the car. Just sometimes I find enthusiasts have an exceptional opinion of their own car. You see the same in the classic scene all the time.

I agree and as Mertz says above there can be a whole lot of difference in the quality of the car. Just sometimes I find enthusiasts have an exceptional opinion of their own car. You see the same in the classic scene all the time.

Yeah I understand that, people thinking their car is better than it actually is. That being said there are some seriously nice car's for sale on that website.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That much is true, but in fairness, enthusisast do look after their cars much better than the average Joe. Especially when it comes to something like a BMW I would much rather buy a car from an enthusiast even if it meant paying well over the odds, because you'd know that it has been properly looked after, they'll almost always have a good spec and all the known weak spots of the car will probably have been taken care of, so while you'll be paying more, you'll be spending a lot less and just basically have a far better car to boot:)!

• Advertisement

Of course, but every seller i've talked to on my car hunt thinks their car is the best thing on the planet. Even when it was quite obviously wrecked.

Anyway, this guy jumped right on my wanted thread on BMW-Driver:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056755

The spoiler looks cack on them though!

Advertisement