Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I hate that sinking feeling when you realise that you left your breakfast and lunch on the counter. And your on the bus. I loved that lunch and breakfast.

I feel your pain mrs. I done the same recently and even left the phone on top of my lunch box..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I feel your pain mrs. I done the same recently and even left the phone on top of my lunch box..:rolleyes:

Do you have superman or batman on your lunch box? Because superman sucks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Speaking of birds, anyone ever hit a bird. I hit a big crow a while back. Such a thud and crack! Left a big oily splat on the windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

-Corkie- wrote: »

Stuff the food. Couldn't go the day without the phone. Nightmare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Speaking of birds, anyone ever hit a bird. I hit a big crow a while back. Such a thud and crack! Left a big oily splat on the windscreen.

The corner of my car hit a bird on the N2 one morning, urgh horrible sound! Dumb yoke just wasn't flying fast enough :D

Jimdagym wrote: »

+1 it's horrible you feel like a part of you is missing!

Anyways I bought a box of Start cereal in the shop nyom nyom nyom!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd be one of those saddos that'd have no missed calls or texts on my phone if I left it at home... utter disappointment :rolleyes:

The corner of my car hit a bird on the N2 one morning, urgh horrible sound! Dumb yoke just wasn't flying fast enough :D
    I was doing a good speed up the M2 (Belfast-Coleraine). Scared the ****e outta me. Poor thing bounced all the way down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

robbie_998 wrote: »

also bought 2 cars today :D

Ford Focus RS

and

Jag XKR :D

Matchbox cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'd be one of those saddos that'd have no missed calls or texts on my phone if I left it at home... utter disappointment :rolleyes:

Ah me too, phoning and texting is all secondary stuff to the phone though. Its mainly for internetting and playing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

The shock look when you reach your destination to find you've a bird stuck in the grill of the car, you didnt even know you hit!!

I hate that feeling mrs crilly like getting out of bed late you feel like your chasing the day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I hit a bird years ago, little fecker went in to the grille.

I totally forgot about it until I was sitting in it in a car park 3-4 days later and saw a dog walking past stopping to have a sniff at the poor flattened little fella.

Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Aye. Had a bird fly out of the bushes on the side of the road, hit the indicator lense of the Volvo, smashed that, got it's head chopped off by the broken lense and my girlfriend at the time then had feathers fly all around her, as we had the roof down.

About 2 years ago, I had a freakin' pheasant run out into the middle of the M6 outside Loughrea. Hit right under the front light of the the Caravelle and left a massive dent in that panel. He was running around on the center stripe of the motorway FFS !!

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have hit a few birds alright, one got caught in the oil cooler on the RX8!

Worst though was one day on the way to work again in the 8, a crow was kind of in mid air, flew down a bit, hit the front passenger wheel arch and left a huge scratch along it. The fooker was fine but my god it took a while to get that scratch out!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ah me too, phoning and texting is all secondary stuff to the phone though. Its mainly for internetting and playing games.

You feel completely lost when you go for a pony and have nothing to play with! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I hit a bird there a few months ago doing about 80kmh all you could see was feathers floating behind the car thought oh crap got home had a look there he was sat inside the bumper blinking away thought ah poor lil fecker must be fooked slapped on a glove to try take him out and he scared the crap out of me when flew away as soon my hand got near him :), still dont know how he managed to survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Some of you might remember 2 weeks ago that I stated I was buying a new daily hack... Well that deal fell through, I'm disappointed at the guy selling it rather than the car.

About 3 weeks ago, I went to Tipperary to view said vehicle. 2 of them actually. Got driving both, both had problems but were worth the bangernomics price each were commanding. I said "I'll take one, I won't have the money for 2 weeks, I'll ring you in 2 weeks, in the mean time if someone offers to buy one sell it by all means." A price of 300 for one car was then agreed, shook on it and that was that.

Rang on friday. Cars were still there? Yes. Around 1pm on saturday? No problem. "I have the 300...." said I. "Oh no we agreed 500" "BUt we agreed 300?" "No that was a mistake in the ad, they're 500"

So that was around 30 quids of petrol and half a day of driving for fun! :mad:

Very disappointed with that whole act. Talking as someone who works on their word, this saddens me :(

Some of you might even know the ad in question! I don't want to put it up, this isn't a name and shame post :)

Still, keeping my head up, I always have a plan B.... ;)

OSI wrote: »
    Not quite as bad as trying to figure out what the horrible burning smell in the car was only to find what was left of a cat wrapped around the axle.

That's why I'm glad my car has an engine undertray. We have 2 cats and I would go nuts if that happened! The smell :mad:

On cold nights, 1 of the cats likes to hop up on my bonnet if the engine is warm. He gets a clip across the ear each time and I think he's getting the idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

That's why I'm glad my car has an engine undertray. We have 2 cats and I would go nuts if that happened! The smell :mad:

On cold nights, 1 of the cats likes to hop up on my bonnet if the engine is warm. He gets a clip across the ear each time and I think he's getting the idea :D

In the Daily vans engine bay is lots of room for cats to get in and out of. Its a nightmare, the stench from the engine bay is unbearable at times! :mad:

One weekend, did our usual saturday business and parked up for the weekend. Following tuesday, opened the bonnet to do checks we found a cat as stiff as a poker, around the injector pump.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Hit a pigeon back before christmas, turned the car to avoid him he flew away from me then did a 180 & flew straight back at me! Destroyed my drivers mirror, cost me 100 squids the fecker & he flew away not a bother on him :mad:

On another note, back in work 2hrs after a week off sick & I'd almost wish I was sick again! Anyone wana swap?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Johntegr wrote: »
    €1200. Jaybus. Still I pay €620 for the DC5 anyway. :D

Totally worth it. ;)

• Advertisement

I caught the carzone bug a few minutes ago and found this:

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

Lovely little motor and I'm trying to get my oul lad to buy it because I want one of these the folks are looking for a 2nd car :D

I'm still amazed with MG though. This is a 1.8 160bhp, in the ZS there's a 2.5 with only 180bhp :rolleyes:

dgt wrote: »
    Some of you might remember 2 weeks ago that I stated I was buying a new daily hack... Well that deal fell through, I'm disappointed at the guy selling it rather than the car.

About 3 weeks ago, I went to Tipperary to view said vehicle. 2 of them actually. Got driving both, both had problems but were worth the bangernomics price each were commanding. I said "I'll take one, I won't have the money for 2 weeks, I'll ring you in 2 weeks, in the mean time if someone offers to buy one sell it by all means." A price of 300 for one car was then agreed, shook on it and that was that.

Rang on friday. Cars were still there? Yes. Around 1pm on saturday? No problem. "I have the 300...." said I. "Oh no we agreed 500" "BUt we agreed 300?" "No that was a mistake in the ad, they're 500"

So that was around 30 quids of petrol and half a day of driving for fun! :mad:

Very disappointed with that whole act. Talking as someone who works on their word, this saddens me :(

Some of you might even know the ad in question! I don't want to put it up, this isn't a name and shame post :)

Still, keeping my head up, I always have a plan B.... ;)
    I was selling a car a while back. Asking for 1100 stg. and listed all problems in the ad. I wanted it gone that day and it was getting a lot of interest. One fella rang up, he knew his cars well and offered me 1000 over the phone, he was happy as long as I could drive it to him (20 miles). Only condition was that he was about to go to work so he wanted me to hold it until 10pm. The car was driving 100% and he sounded genuine so I agreed and declined all other offers. Filled up the petrol tank and took it round to him. ****er then starts talking me down!! Ended up taking 750 for it because I needed the money for a new car the next morning.
    A few weeks later I saw it up on gumtree for "1400 after MOT next week"
    I was cracking up... until...
    A few days later: For sale 500 ono needs fuel pump and clutch slipping MOT expired!

It had failed the MOT, the fuel pump and clutch had went! Karma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Years ago, I was driving to work on a motorbike. A bird nose dived at the car infront of me, it hit the window and bounced back towards me. It happened so fast that I barely had time to move, I tried to duck my head a bit as it was coming at my face! It ended up hitting me on the helmet, when I looked in the mirrors after it, I couldn't see where the bird ended up, but the bloke in the car behind was breaking his heart laughing :mad::pac:
    When I got to work, I had to spend a few minutes pulling feathers out of all the air vents!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

BDJW wrote: »
    the bloke in the car behind was breaking his heart laughing :mad::pac:
    When I got to work, I had to spend a few minutes pulling feathers out of all the air vents!

In fairness if that happened in front of me once the motorcyclist wasn't flat out on the road or under a car I would be laughing too :D:p

Aw the poor little pussies getting minced you are all monsters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Used to work an early shift or come home early in the morning after night shift.

One hit the windscreen wiper arm and knocked it loose.
    Another hit the front of the car, went through gap in grill and was found at the bottom of the radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

OSI wrote: »
    :pac:

Sigh...

Has anybody ever knocked down a person? I think I would actually never drive again if I did, the guilt would kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Jemmy wrote: »
    In fairness if that happened in front of me once the motorcyclist wasn't flat out on the road or under a car I would be laughing too :D:p

That doesn't surprise me coming from you though :pac:

There has been a mess up in work, my access to all the systems is gone, and it could take 5 days to come back......so i'm spending the morning on Daft looking at houses that I can't afford :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Has anybody ever knocked down a person? I think I would actually never drive again if I did, the guilt would kill me.

Nearly knocked down the same woman twice yesterday in a car park! :eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement