Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Smackdown is live on Sky Sports 3 at 1am next Tuesday nite, think its the wretched Old School special.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kind of bummed that on the anniversary of his death the allocation of profits from a tribute shirt is the main focus point.

http://barbershopwindow.com/larrysweeney.htm

Some of his friends are supporting the sale while others arent believing Barbershop shouldnt profit. Barbershop window stated the following:
    we worked directly with Sweeney's family on this project, even going so far as to allowing them approve the design. The $10 per shirt we are donating was something we worked together with them on. We are urging people who do not want a shirt to donate directly to Thresholds, and we provide a link to the donation page on the website.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Smackdown is live on Sky Sports 3 at 1am next Tuesday nite, think its the wretched Old School special.

Hey! Old School's Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey! Old School's Cool.

So will it be old school as in 1999 when Smackdown started and just have the old SD set or will they ignore that and do it like a 94 episode of Raw with the old railings and announce desks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I hope they bring the massive fist thing back for it. Otherwise the show is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I hope they bring the massive fist thing back for it. Otherwise the show is pointless.

They could do that, with Raw and SD over here they could be transporting the set up on tuesday to england and use one of the old sets. I would love to see the fist entrance with an appearance from Brock. It would be like 2003/HCTP all over again!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i haven't seen last week's smackdown so i haven't seen the ad. But i'd imagine to keep it fresh it'd be the early smackdown set with the Oval tron! Hopefully! Or the fist, i love both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Did anyone post this from last month:
    Lionsgate is pacting with WWE Studios on a two-film deal.

Studio will team with the Connecticut-based entertainment company on a reboot of "Leprechaun," the 1993 horror pic that was one of the first starring roles for Jennifer Aniston and an indie hit. Pic was produced by now defunct studio Trimark, which was eventually absorbed by Lionsgate in 2000.

Both Lionsgate and WWE Studios will share producing costs as well as team on marketing strategies. Lionsgate will handle distribution.

Pic is set for a 2013 release, though there is currently no writer, director or cast attached. The other film in the deal has yet to be determined.

WWE, the home of a handful of wrestling programs, is readying to launch a new TV network and restructuring its film division. WWE Chairman-CEO Vince McMahon wants to give WWE Studios some time to grow under new head Michael Luisi, who was tapped to oversee the division in September.

Rather than fully develop and produce its own slate of films, Luisi has been busy picking up films from festivals such as Sundance and Toronto, co-producing projects with other shingles, and locking down deals with Fox to grow its direct-to-homevideo franchises like "The Marine" "to improve the profitability of our movie business," McMahon said.

Upcoming films for WWE Studios include "No One Lives," starring Luke Evans and WWE personality Brodus Clay, "Barricade," starring Eric McCormack; and cult hit "The Day" starring "Lost" vet Dominic Monaghan, Shawn Ashmore, and Ashley Bell, which was purchased at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival.

As for its deal with Lionsgate, Luisi said: "We have been looking for ways to continue our relationship with Lionsgate and we saw 'Leprechaun' as the perfect opportunity to take a well-known franchise and put a modern-day spin on it. This is a property that we believe our audience will respond to and we continue to look for ways to surprise and engage them."

Lionsgate and WWE have teamed before on pics "See No Evil" and "The Condemned."

WWE has a huge male fan base it can tap into, with wrestling programs strewn across the dial, as well as a profitable pay-per-view business with "Wrestlemania."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118051516

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

GTR63 wrote: »

hoping Dolph Ziggler does a Billy Gunn impersonation for his match ("I'm an Ass Man" entrance music, fame-asser, etc)

• Advertisement

hoping Dolph Ziggler does a Billy Gunn impersonation for his match ("I'm an Ass Man" entrance music, fame-asser, etc)

My fondest memory of the watching thd early smackdowns on a saturday morning was nearly every week the Radicalz taking on the Hardyz & Michael Cole saying "And the Radicalz steal one".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

And Jack Swagger grows a dreadlocked mullet :pac:

CM Punk non-specificly went after Wade Keller of PWTorch for a report he made:

Wade:
    C.M. Punk’s name has been mentioned. One thing working against him is his size. Lesnar is a beast, and Punk is considered relatively skinny for atop level wrestler. While fans may see Punk as credible and invite the match, management would be leery. Plus management wants a sure-thing with Lesnar in terms of box office, and Punk is definitely at best fifth on the list, in their minds, behind Rock, Cena, Hunter, and Taker. It also doesn’t help that Punk walks around looking like he walked out of a car accident when he’s backstage. Management notices that he’s often walked around with a heat pack or an ice pack or is doing stretching and just in general looks beaten and battered. I noticed in the WrestleMania video package that since 2008 when Punk debuted in WWE, he’s aged 15-20 years. He’s got crow’s feet wrinkles next to his eyes and big bags under his eyes. His hair looks thinner and frail. He just looks like someone who really needs time off, something he almost took last summer, but his send-off promo was too good and he was drawn back for the big payday. Management is less likely to invest one of a handful of Lesnar matches over the next 12 months in someone they quietly may not think has the physical endurance to be a centerpiece “super trooper” (as Vince McMahon once called the iron man of WWE, Bret Hart) for years to come. If he’s seen as fragile or broken down, management will be hesitant to push him as a long-term answer and instead use him for short-term gain only.

Pipebomb Magee:
    Dirt sheets can call me small, skinny, beat up, road-tired, fat, ugly, no friends etc...everyone else calls me champ. Everyone.

I had nothing to do with Wade's report getting into Punk's hands. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Another way for WWE to stick it to Danielson!

Another way for WWE to stick it to Danielson!

^ Wont refer to Bryan by his WWE slave name :P

Meltzer:

According to someone with familiarity with the story, The Bella Twins' contract expires in a few weeks and they are choosing not to sign a new deal. They have not been released, but as of right now have not signed a new deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Their stiff style was more suited to mid-90's All Japan anyways. Hope to see them face Tanahashi in some ***** classics they're prolific for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I noticed in the WrestleMania video package that since 2008 when Punk debuted in WWE, he’s aged 15-20 years.

I noticed that too. Hard to believe it was only a few years ago, he looked so young compared to how he looks now. Obviously people change as they age but his appearance has changed a lot in a very short period.

Despite that, I dont think has had that many injuries, has he? Dont recall him missing for long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Maybe something to do with growing a beard and getting a mature hair cut, but yeah now that you bring it up, the two photos below could pass as a father and son :eek:

punk2.jpg

cm_punk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

More on the Bella's.
    As previously reported, WWE Divas Brie and Nikki Bella, seem to be on their way out of the company. Mike Johnson of PWInsider reports that WWE sources are now confirming both Brie and Nikki Bella will be done with the company once their deals expire at the end of the month on Monday, April 30. No news on why the Bellas are leaving the company or on their future plans have been revealed yet. We will keep you updated on the story.

Who'll walk the celebs out now?? :eek:

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Who'll walk the celebs out now?? :eek:

Brodus' two broads?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Someone should tell that guy how bad Lesner looks compared to years ago and that he actually was sick!

Punk looks like a guy who is in his 30's, cut his hair and lost some body fat.

he always had puffy eyes. I often wondered what he did to get that look.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    he always had puffy eyes. I often wondered what he did to get that look.

He is a genuine insomniac and also have food allergies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Kind of ironic I know but Punk looks like a junkie.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Regal on twitter

J
    ust checked in in Hampton VA with Shamus and the lady behind the desk asked us where we were from.Shamus said England and Ireland .She said to me"your the Irish one,I can tell because your accent is so strong".I said in my most cut glass English accent"I can see nothing gets past you madam".She said"I'm brilliant at spotting accents".She then says that she has put our rooms next to each other and I said"I'd rather not be close to him madam as he and the rest of those English swines and his country have made my people suffer for 800 years".She said"oh yes,I know my history and looked at shamus like he'd dropped out of a dogs backside and changed my room.Bless her.The great white just stood looking at me like he wanted to do me some mischief.

JoMo has found his true calling:

Being manhandled by a woman?

• Advertisement

Being made to look like an eejit by a woman!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement