Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

theg81der wrote: »
    Anyone else finding their weight varies hugely? One day I`m 1 and half stone up next less than a stone :confused: Started watching myself this week. I was a stone over weight anyway when I got pregers (after lossing 3 1/2 stone before that) so should only gain 15-25lbs in the whole pregnancy. and 3rd trimester is 1lb a week so thats 12lbs so should only have gained maybe 7lbs so far. Want to be back in shape and at the gym asap, don`t want to go back to being overweight and unhappy when I was so close.
    I haven't weighed myself once since getting pregnant!! I have no idea what weight I've put on! Midwife did weigh me at about 14 weeks, so she will prob weigh me again at my next visit at 32 weeks.
    People say I'm all bump, but I dunno are they just being nice.
    My weight was very yo-yo anyway before getting pregnant, lost weight before getting married, put some in during honeymoon. But I never know my weight, I don't own a weighing scale! I just know by my clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Silly we were looking at the Argos furniture: our friends have the prague set: the cot was fine but the chest of drawers is quite flimsy. We were going to go for the Salisbury set but then we decided we wanted to put a single bed in there too for nights when babs won't sleep so it worked out cheaper to go to a furniture shop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

i was thinkin about an argos set too but some stuff i got from them in the past and it wasnt overly great

the stuff i got, while kinda expensive is amazing quality and i love how it looks, check out toys r us they deliver for free

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Stay away from Argos for furniture if you can,I got a wardrobe for the boys room and they are the worst quantity ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I wouldn't go to Argos for furniture anymore...it's just not robust enough :) on the other hand ikea is also flat pack but so much better built so that might be worth looking at!

Mink re car seat you prob won't have isofix but you can buy a belted base which gives the security of not having to fit the belt everytime you put the car seat in the car...we will get that if our isofix doesn't work :)

We should be easier to spot than others ;) thinking of heading in on the Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

My god ladies talking of weight....Im too scared to stand on the scales! Just based on how my clothes are fitting / not fitting I think I have exploded int he last 2/3 weeks! Especially arse and thighs even my maternity jeans I bought a few months are feel too tight!!!!

As for bras, I invested in 3 new ones back in dec as i was exploding from my usual ones and I think I maybe getting to the end of the new ones... and I spent 44euro on each one of my new ones..............!!!!! I was so uncomfortable in my old ones i didnt care about the price of the new ones thinking they should last me through... going from a handy C to what I can only describe now as double D'S!!!!:)

Let's just say that three sets of female hormones - my partner & me plus baby combined can be pretty tough going at times!
    Thankfully Easter is here so at least we have chocolate :)

We have decided on the colours for our nursery :D

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    ooh what ya go for?

javagal wrote: »
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    ooh what ya go for?

Three walls in a green & one in a soft hessian or similar. I'm setting up (slowly) a decal business so plan to do up a jungle theme of decals with a tree, vines, monkeys, parrot etc :)

Best get designing :D

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure baby is trying to escape out through my bellybutton :D

Twomums2be that sounds fabulous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

cyning wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure baby is trying to escape out through my bellybutton :D

:)

this same here
    ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Twomums2be nursery sounds fab. Will be needing your decal business this time next year when we have our own house ;) Good luck with it!

Think my little breech baby has turned as no more really low kicks - all up at my ribs now. Here's hoping!

i love my unborn baby more than anything but i swear if she doesn't let off my bladder ill cry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

i love my unborn baby more than anything but i swear if she doesn't let off my bladder ill cry!

Lol I said this yesterday too!I reckon he thinks its a football.

theg81der wrote: »

Lol I said this yesterday too!I reckon he thinks its a football.
    Same here! I'm always bursting to pee.
    I feel like I need to pee when I'm leaving the bathroom after just peeing!

Has anyone looked at the quinny Moodd??

I will post a pic when I get it done :)

My little one was using my bladder as a cushion for the first 20ish weeks & I was just like you Silly. Stand up off the toilet & need to pee :rolleyes: I was sure she was stomping on it due to kicks but head was down so I guess I was being punched :)
    She must have moved since or has more space as I don't have bladder issue at the moment...I will find out on Thursday what she's at these days as when I lie on either side she has a fight with the mattress...shame my belly gets caught in the middle :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

TwoMums we painted baby room green as well
    3walls mint and one grass green
    i will add some decorations when i will have more time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Ours is bright yellow - Big Bird yellow, with white curtains and a big red sofa bed :)

TwoMums, I wish i'd known sooner you were setiing up a decals business, I just bought loads of woodland themed ones.

My little one seems to have moved off my bladder too, and instead punches/kicks the bed when i lie down. I have a feeling she is lying completely sideways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Anyone else get the urge to pee within a minute of leaving the house?
    I'll be fine when I'm leaving but the minute I sit into the car I'll need a wee. It's ridic!

We can't decide what colour to paint the baby's room. We've got alphabet stickers which I'm thinking of using as a border around the room and were either going to get OH's cousin to do some art work on the walls or using a projector put some cartoon characters or something on to it. We really only have one wall that we can do anything with. As it's the box room, the door is on one wall, built in wardrobe takes up most of the other long wall and window is opposite the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

All this talk about painting baby's room lovely colours makes me want to do it! I'm reluctant to though as it's a rented house and don't plan on staying there forever. Though might be at least another 2yrs before anyone is handing out mortgages! I think I'll give in when it gets closer to the time and I turn into a nester.

Had such weird strong sensations last night, felt like he was burrowing his head into my cervix to try and make a break for it. Happened when lying down on left, trying to go to sleep. OH says he must think he's a teenager and he's trying to sneak out for the night and come back before I wake.

Apparently at 24 weeks, baby is size of an eggplant, uterus is size of a football and he weighs 1.7lbs.

got a video of baby moving on my phone yesterday.
    junior seems to do this like series of really quick movements, and my belly just starts quivering....its very strange!

Havent even put any thought into doing up spare room yet.
    i really need to start doing something.

58 days left at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

58 days eeek...that seems like no length.

Having the GTT done this morn, the lucozade is having a crazy effect on the baby...it's not kicking but jumping around! Feels like my belly is going to pop off my body. Last test in 15 mins can't wait :)
    I'm only 26 weeks and I read this morn that GD typically presents after 28 weeks, hope they didn't schedule it too soon and I have to do it again.

Aww doing up the nursery was such fun! e did ours ages ago because my exams start in 5 weeks so i dont have the time now,

finally got some sleep last night and my lovely oh brought me tea in bed !

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Hope u all had a lovely long weekend?

Tinkerbell - congratulations!!! the girl ratio is starting to creep back up :)

Am very jealous of everyone decorating nursery - we have yet to find a house....

Silly - my sis had a quinny, it's a lovely buggy but found it very heavy esp to lift in and out of boot - think it was the buzz model she had..

Following up on the query you had about the icandy, I was getting a bit worried about the length of the seat as twomums had said she had heard of them not being long enough... I ran into a couple in work that had the peach double buggy with a baby and a toddler, so asked them.. they were really nice and gave loads of advice, on the length of the seat they said the newest model is larger and their toddler still had plenty of space in it (said the older model was way smaller and had heard of lots of people having problems with it) so once you make sure u are getting new stock it should be fine..

I keep getting the urge to pee but when I get there nothing: but if I'm lying down that doesn't happen so its all down to what way babs is lying I think :D

Kildareash I'm having GTT done Friday so I'll be nearly 28 weeks: I'm dreading it. Absolutely dreading it :rolleyes: Drinking lucozade on an empty stomach is going to be horrendous: I hate it!!

I had every intention of painting our nursery: but I can't make a decision on it. I have teddy bear stickers and I reckon that will be it: I can barely make a decison on what to wear these days let alone what colour to paint my nursery :eek: and baby won't care seen as s/he will be in our room for first 6 months!

Stupid doc this afternoon

trions wrote: »
    Silly - my sis had a quinny, it's a lovely buggy but found it very heavy esp to lift in and out of boot - think it was the buzz model she had..

Following up on the query you had about the icandy, I was getting a bit worried about the length of the seat as twomums had said she had heard of them not being long enough... I ran into a couple in work that had the peach double buggy with a baby and a toddler, so asked them.. they were really nice and gave loads of advice, on the length of the seat they said the newest model is larger and their toddler still had plenty of space in it (said the older model was way smaller and had heard of lots of people having problems with it) so once you make sure u are getting new stock it should be fine..

Thanks for that, going to look at the icandy on saturday, there is only one shop near us that stocks the range, so i cant wait to have a look at it.
    I had looked at the quinny buzz, but i noticed online that the quiny mood looks like it had a bigger seat..
    then i get to thinking, why dont i just get the mothercare My4 which is similar to the quinny, or the Mura 3..

Silly,

If your going quinny, I just got an email from bumptobaby.ie about 25percent off them, maybe check it out

• Advertisement

Silly,

If your going quinny, I just got an email from bumptobaby.ie about 25percent off them, maybe check it out
    cheers for that!

Advertisement