Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

manual_man wrote: »
    that's insane odds. but too late now anyway. bet placed
    Done it at evens on PP, and dropped into Bar One on way home from work saw 7/4, had a bit of that too. Bookies seriously underestimating Milan tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Shift in odds for Bayern 1/4 > 4/11 :confused: any team news come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    that's insane odds. but too late now anyway. bet placed
    Done it at evens on PP, and dropped into Bar One on way home from work saw 7/4, had a bit of that too. Bookies seriously underestimating Milan tonight.

yeah it'd make ya sick wouldn't it. might have a sneaky look if they have any new member offers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mcw92

Which would be better?
    Mario Gomez anytime
    or
    Bayern -1
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

user2011 wrote: »
    Maybe its because it had a big part to play in both matches with teams who like to get it down and pass.

Nonsense. If you have ever watched Milan play then you'd know they get it down and pass it around a lot averaging 61% possession this year, 4th highest of any team in the top leagues in Europe behind Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern. And the fact that Milan can adapt their game to play without possession is commendable.

Barcelona have played on a lot worse pitches this year and them blaming the pitch after the 0-0 draw is similar to Wenger blaming the pitch after the 4-0 hammering, looking for excuses because they didn't get the result they wanted. Ever notice how Barca never once complained after they won 3-2 in the group stages?

Uefa laughed at Barca's pathetic official complaint and when Milan got a few handy frees against Arsenal in the 2nd leg Wenger blamed the ref for Arsenal not going through and got a 3 game ban.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Anyway.. Rant over!

Milan to qualify @ 4/1 is what I'm on big. Ibra 1st scorer @ 12/1 also took my fancy as did Milan +2 handicap recommended by someone on here.

Hoping for a great night! H'on Milan!!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ok, one not Barca - Milan related....

PEA Buriram (What?) - Jeonbuk
    Asian CL

Never would have considered backing a Thai team vs one from Korea but the group is led by PEA:
    peay.jpg

Jeobuk lost both matches played so far 5-1 while PEA beat those teeams handing out the 5-1's.

PEA to win @3
    PEA win and over 2,5 @4.33

Match is tomorrow 12.30

Will see how tonight goes if i put anything on it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Nonsense. If you have ever watched Milan play then you'd know they get it down and pass it around a lot averaging 61% possession this year, 4th highest of any team in the top leagues in Europe behind Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern. And the fact that Milan can adapt their game to play without possession is commendable.

Barcelona have played on a lot worse pitches this year and them blaming the pitch after the 0-0 draw is similar to Wenger blaming the pitch after the 4-0 hammering, looking for excuses because they didn't get the result they wanted. Ever notice how Barca never once complained after they won 3-2 in the group stages?

Uefa laughed at Barca's pathetic official complaint and when Milan got a few handy frees against Arsenal in the 2nd leg Wenger blamed the ref for Arsenal not going through and got a 3 game ban.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Anyway.. Rant over!

Milan to qualify @ 4/1 is what I'm on big. Ibra 1st scorer @ 12/1 also took my fancy as did Milan +2 handicap recommended by someone on here.

Hoping for a great night! H'on Milan!!! :cool:
    To be fair the pitch was in bad nick, I mean for a game in the Champions' League QF you'd expect better. I don't see Milan getting near Barca. Yes they might score but this Barca team will go and score more. I'm going with an Iniesta wincast at 5/2 among others. That's my main tonight I reckon.

Was the pitch the same for Arseanl and Barca (3-2 win)?

If so my point is null and void but i dont think it was. Pitch got in a state because of the snow around xmas/new year.

Edit: Six Nations was when the snow happened. Ireland v France called off at last min :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Enhanced Odds Special
    Barcelona, B. Munich & Swindon 21/10

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, i guess the pitch was better for the group match as it was earlier in the season.
    Dont forget that pitch has been a problem for years already plus it is being played on every week.

Anyhow, Robben wincast @2.1 (Boyles)
    Small stake on Gomez hat trick @9,5 (bet365)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

ENOUGH ABOUT THAT PITCH

let the football do the talking tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Can anyone see this going to penos, paddy are doing 90-1 to either team to win on penos/////???????

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Reckon this is decent value and my only bet on the match

AC Milan Over 0.5 Goals 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double of:
    Barcelona -1
    Marseille to score a goal
    @ 2.76

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I went for barca to win 3-1 at 10/1 and Bayern Munich to win 4-0 at 11/1. 5er on each

The pitch has been bad for years. It was no worse in the quarter final than it was in the group stages or the game against arsenal, despite being relayed.

Betting with my heart tonight really which is silly I know. Really hope Milan smash Barca tonight though. Sick of their excuses and bad sportsmanship when things don't go their way.

They'll probably be gifted a penalty again tonight if they need one... Must check the odds on that! :P

Going for these two tonight. Over 55 booking points @ Evs Barca match. And Bayern -1 -1.5 < wont be placing that til closer too ko cuz if the odds keep drifting i want the bigger odds :)

The pitch has been bad for years. It was no worse in the quarter final than it was in the group stages or the game against arsenal, despite being relayed.

Betting with my heart tonight really which is silly I know. Really hope Milan smash Barca tonight though. Sick of their excuses and bad sportsmanship when things don't go their way.

They'll probably be gifted a penalty again tonight if they need one... Must check the odds on that! :P

Now i know your BSing. The pitch for Arsenal was bloody f**king awful/shameful on AC's part. It looked alright for Barca last week but as the players showed never judge a book by its cover. Looked liked they needed snow boots with the big spikes too stay standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Fancy Bayern, Barca, Chelsea and Athletic Bilbao @ 4.21/1

I'm not sure what game people were watching if they think Milan had the better chances because that just is not true, Barca were unlucky not to win the game, 15 chances for Barca, 4 for Milan, can only see it going one way tonight. Milan +2 is a good bet as mentioned already but Barca on there night are capable of doing anything, they wasted a lot of chances in the 1st leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

bayern over 2.5 goals in the first half 5.5-1 wit bet 365

• Advertisement

Now i know your BSing. The pitch for Arsenal was bloody f**king awful/shameful on AC's part. It looked alright for Barca last week but as the players showed never judge a book by its cover. Looked liked they needed snow boots with the big spikes too stay standing.

Note how I said It was no worse than those games. Which it wasn't. How does that mean I'm BSing? The truth is that the pitch WAS worse in the group stage game against Barca but they didn't complain because they won. See my point? They only find an excuse for when they don't win.

And the reason the pitch was so bad against Arsenal was because it had to be relayed in the days coming up to the game. If the Emirates and Nou Camp pitches weren't getting enough sunlight due to the stadium's architecture and were being played on at least 2 times a week then they'd look like the San Siro pitch as well.

Besides, 1. The pitch is still better than that of lower sides in the premiership and La liga, 2. Milan still have to play on the same pitch, 3. Milan also play a possession game like Barca and Arsenal (Average less than Barca but more than Arsenal) and 4. Uefa said the pitch is in a more than acceptable condition so the pitch excuse is ridiculous.

But I guess people always look for excuses when things don't go their way. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Over 30 points in the Munich V Marseille game is 8/11. Good price seen as there was 7 yellows in the last fixture.

Spartak Trnava win to nil 10/11 PP. The home teams cleansheets 5/12 away teams failure to score 9/12 away games. Interestingly Trnava have played 3 of the bottom four, opponents today will make it 4/4 in their last 4 games and have kept clean sheets in all three. Can it be 4/4??? I hope so :)

4 in a row :D.

@Smithwicks man 9:35 tonight the answer will be told :p

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

inforfun wrote: »
    Ok, one not Barca - Milan related....

PEA Buriram (What?) - Jeonbuk
    Asian CL

Never would have considered backing a Thai team vs one from Korea but the group is led by PEA:
    peay.jpg

Jeobuk lost both matches played so far 5-1 while PEA beat those teeams handing out the 5-1's.

PEA to win @3
    PEA win and over 2,5 @4.33

Match is tomorrow 12.30

Will see how tonight goes if i put anything on it or not.
    Thanks for that, nice work

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Went with Milan+2 @ EVENS €45 stake ... fingers crossed, great odds and reckon Milan will score is my reasoning for going with it plus this group game finished 2-2 earlier in the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Just did these 2 specials in PP shop.

Messi to outscore Milan. 11/8.
    Messi to score in each half. 3/1.
    €10 on each.

(along with my main €20 on iniesta wincast. 5/2).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I like Jay Rodriguez anytime for Burnley tonight @ 21/10

Birmingham have been conceding goals lately and Jay has been scoring plenty. Seems like a decent bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Bayern match 3+
    Barcelona HT/FT

e10 6/4

I like Jay Rodriguez anytime for Burnley tonight @ 21/10

Birmingham have been conceding goals lately and Jay has been scoring plenty. Seems like a decent bet!

Moscow did you have a look at the over 2.5 market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Yeah, 11/10 on Bet365. I have it in my Acc with Barca HT/FT - Brentford

Gomez isn't starting for Bayern.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement