Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Dear Cloud, I just read your story in AH. I'm so so sorry you had to go through that. I can't make sense of it as I can't make sense of alot of things in this world, just know that there are nice people out there and you are cared about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

luckyfrank wrote: »
    jesus man hope my lexapro hasnt poop'd out feeling ****ty last couple of days, was 'cured' at least i thought but since fever havnt being myself, feel very angry and irritable 24/7 i can sense somethings not right

sorry just to add aswell has anyone had a ssri poop out before im begining to think i hadnt had a fever that it was a poop out

When you're sick, you're bound to feel down. Doesn't necessarily mean the SSRI has stopped working, just means your mind is reacting to your body feeling shítty.

Hope the fever goes away soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

my heart is heavy so muck this wine cant lift it! all the happy confident poeple around me i envy them...what did i or any of us ever do to deserve this.. i must have been a really bad person in a past life

Kaching wrote: »
    having me "put down" would be best for everyone in my opinion

thats not an option kaching though...promised wouldnt do anything like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

ashblag wrote: »
    my heart is heavy so muck this wine cant lift it! all the happy confident poeple around me i envy them...what did i or any of us ever do to deserve this.. i must have been a really bad person in a past life

Have you seen your doctor about how you're feeling?

• Advertisement

jammstarr wrote: »
    Have you seen your doctor about how you're feeling?

not yet. I will monday.I knew weeks ago i needed to go but thought was just a few bad days i was having. its scary. jammstarrr thanks for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

ashblag wrote: »
    not yet. I will monday.I knew weeks ago i needed to go but thought was just a few bad days i was having. its scary. jammstarrr thanks for reply

No problem. Hope it goes well for you on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

2 good sleeps in a row :) course she's leaving on monday, so it won't last, but seize what you can, and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I find I very often type out posts for this thread and then think about them before hitting the post button and delete them. And I don't know why I feel the need to post this! Maybe just cause I know its hard to talk about things sometimes, so its good when people do post on this thread :)

This post replaced a longer one I had typed out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

To all here struggling at the moment, don't give up nor give in.
    I'm on meditation 17yrs now and as Captain Granite said I too have had bad times and have been on numerous different meds.

I have a fantastic psychiatric doctor and gp which seems to make the difference. So make sure you keep seeking until firstly you are satisfied with the doctor.

I have been down a lot lately and had a horrible day today, wanting to get back to bed since i got up. No interest in anything today despite the divne weather.

BUT I have accepted now that there will be bad days, we need to allow ourselves to be down knowing that it WILL GET BETTER.

I am Christian and have great faith which also helps me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Saw my pysch and he was really great. He's upped my zispin by 15mg to lift my mood and some diazepam for anxiety.

I came out feeling positive so here's hoping things go well.

Hope everyone here is surviving!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Haven't been on in a while, however I've been up and down. I honestly have no idea how but the start of the month I was absolutely flying, the really strange though though we have a sales meeting in work once a week and I got a mention for being by far the top seller, it should have been great but I hated the attention.

The moods dropped a bit the last few days really hope it's a temporary set back. I did great a great compliment over the weekend which wasn't even meant as one, it was nice to get though.

Have to see the psychiatrist on Thursday so eh, wish me look.

Oh, I finished reading a book called "Shoot the damn dog" it's by a journalist who have been through awful depression. I loved it, it's basically her story, well worth a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I read that book too, it's really good. I hope the low mood is only temporary for you too, make sure to keep an eye on it!

The weather was amazing here today so I just sat outside and had a chat with some friends. My mood tends to lift when it's brighter, so hopefully it stays like this for a little while :)

Sorry for the dark posts over the weekend. Got help this morning. Meds increased and a good chat/cry. My crohns been really acting up and I generally just feel rubbish so everything just getting too much.

Hopefully next few weeks will make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Gillo, am I right in thinking you were talking before about mindfullness? if so, is there a book you could recommend to me? my psych told me of one, but I can't remember the exact title.

Gillo, am I right in thinking you were talking before about mindfullness? if so, is there a book you could recommend to me? my psych told me of one, but I can't remember the exact title.
    I may have, yeah I read "wherever you go, there you are" by Jon Kabet Zing, the chapters are straight forward to follow and short to read, great for when concentration is knackered.
    I haven't read it but noticed a book in Hughes & Hughes on mindfulness and depression, it may be a better read.

The key with mindfulness is time and patience, stick with it for a while and it pays off but does take time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I just can't seem to find much online as for what to do. so thought a book might be better. my concentration isn't as bad as it used to be, so i might manage something like that. i might take a trip to a book shop tomorrow and have a look. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I just can't seem to find much online as for what to do. so thought a book might be better. my concentration isn't as bad as it used to be, so i might manage something like that. i might take a trip to a book shop tomorrow and have a look. thanks.

Same as Stupid (sorry for shortening your name :P ) but would like to know a bit more about it. Was told about mindfullness by my cbt but at the time it was in one ear and out the other :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I found this one good: The Mindful Way Through Depression.

There's a few places you can do a course in it, The Santuary in Stoneybatter is one, although from what I remember it's big enough money.

• Advertisement

I swear I'm having.. slowed reactions. Not even that. Like, I know what I want to do it, in my head. Like, open a can of soup. Open the shampoo. But I can't quite... execute it. Or type properly. **** me I'm typing slowly.

Having a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Crap day,too many happy folk about,at least I can go home and sit in the dark now though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Temaz wrote: »
    Having a good day!

Its the weather . Its contagious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Went out yesterday climbing for the second time since I stopped last year; enjoyed it, and felt good after it, but later towards the day got one of the worst bouts of depression I've had in a while.

Seemingly happened for no reason, though had me absolutely savaging myself emotionally, over a lot of the issues I'm having.

Half suspect it was something I ate that triggered it, because I've woken up with a bit of a headache today; some foods trigger migraines for me, so I keep a close eye on what I eat, and this seems to match the pattern somewhat.

That sun is burning my eyes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Sleep is all kinds of messed up a the moment.

nesf wrote: »

Im back in a regular pattern the last few days thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Psych in the community clinic upped my dose of Venlafaxine to 375mg and put me on a list to see the occupational therapist.I have no idea what an occupational therapist even does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

nesf wrote: »

Mine too. In the past 48 hours I've had maybe 4 or 5 hours of (interrupted) sleep altogether. Body is tired, eyes are tired but brain won't shut down. Oppostie problem last week where I was sleeping too much.

I should probably be used to it by now though. A regular sleep pattern is only for healthy people.... >.<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement