Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

F*ck sake, whose going to say mass after training now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

hardybuck wrote: »
    Just read Br Ryan's piece on Hoganstand explaining his situation. Looks like he's handled the whole situation with a fair amount of class, best of luck to him in the future.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=165195[/QUOTE]

Heard his interview on WLR , he spoke well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

F*ck sake, whose going to say mass after training now.

Didnt think Christian Brothers said mass.

Does anyone know where Br Ryan is from? I thought he was a Tipp man the media seem to indicate hes a Mount Sion clubman tho

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Didnt think Christian Brothers said mass.

Does anyone know where Br Ryan is from? I thought he was a Tipp man the media seem to indicate hes a Mount Sion clubman tho

I think your right he's from Tipp and teaches in Mount Sion.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

thesultan wrote: »
    Just read Br Ryan's piece on Hoganstand explaining his situation. Looks like he's handled the whole situation with a fair amount of class, best of luck to him in the future.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=165195[/QUOTE]

Heard his interview on WLR , he spoke well.

Heard it myself fair play to him to go on WLR and admit the standard of training required by the players was a little more then he was qualified in and stepped aside to let a more qualified person take over for the good of the team. No shame in that and credit where due for putting his hand up and taking it like the Gentleman he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=165195
    totally agree heard him on radio ,

Funfair wrote: »
    thesultan wrote: »

Heard it myself fair play to him to go on WLR and admit the standard of training required by the players was a little more then he was qualified in and stepped aside to let a more qualified person take over for the good of the team. No shame in that and credit where due for putting his hand up and taking it like the Gentleman he is.

Yea great to see especially in the modern age where the blame game seems to be the norm. No one wants to take responsibility. It seems to me that hes just a defensive coach really and thats it. I hope he gets a role somewhere else hes a real genuine hurling man

egpower wrote: »
    That's exactly the point I am highlighting here. You think the whole thing is a pile of dung (which it probably is) but you are not willing to change it from within. For my money you don't have a right to be critical of the people who are doing the job (whether they are competent or not) if you're not willing to do it yourself. Why not get like-minded people to go with you and change it ? If you are better than the people that are there, then people will support you. I know at least 2 co board administrators personally (one is no longer there). They are not old. They are not thick. They are people I would have the height of regard for. If the result of their work is not as good as it should be, maybe we should ask why. But I don't think we can be critical unless we are willing to put our name forward.
    good man hardy buck,he would have to be listened to in his own club first ,which is the same if not worse than county, east, west ,boards they want you in as a yes man and if your not your ****ed ,so in that regard hardy buck is right ,their dinosaurs ould men in shiny brown suits with tonnes of vaseline hair oil ,thats about as slick as they get ,

noiniho wrote: »
    WLR commentary is a disaster, Kieran O Connor is a crap radio commentator, his usual classic is 'OOOO A GREAT POINT...if it hadnt tailed left just at the end' or OOOH a great point... if it went over...

I was streaming it on the Iphone and the reception stopped for a second, did i bit o buffering and when it came back on he said the score was 1-13 to 1-11, i was thinking ah b0lllix, galway have got a goal, the next time he says a score then no goal, the funny thing is he was giving out about the scoreboard operators at the game getting it wrong...

listening to his commentary for the closing minutes of a close tense game = a new version of hell, he is about as reliable as reading tea leaves to divine the result
    agree and then he questions the supporters because there not there ,and the ****e he comes out with like only the staunch waterford supporters here today,easy for him and he sent up wherever the match is on ,he dont have to pay for diesel,gets in for free,and has lunch whatever on wlr expenses,suppose their is a trade off for listening to shiner

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

Was at the Galway match. Philip Mahony was excellent in the corner, held Damien Hayes scoreless and was tight and tenacious throughout. He might not start ahead of Noel if Noel's fit, but the competition he will give is priceless in pushing Noely and Ringo on.

Brick was solid as always at CB and no doubt his repositioning increased the rest of the lads confidence. Kevin Moran went back to wingback when Sully was sent off and he cleaned up. Daragh was solid on the other wing too, definitely his best position IMO. All in all the half back line was solid and I think the win was built on it's performance.

• Advertisement

agree and then he questions the supporters because there not there ,and the ****e he comes out with like only the staunch waterford supporters here today,easy for him and he sent up wherever the match is on ,he dont have to pay for diesel,gets in for free,and has lunch whatever on wlr expenses,suppose their is a trade off for listening to shiner

Im not having this!! sorry but I really enjoy KOC actually I think he does a fine job for a small local radio station

Its the wingmen that give me ire... dat brian flannery is so dull and boring he sounds like hes commentating a funeral and that shiner calling all the players on a first name basis as if their his own kids he wouldnt criticise them if they were done for mass murder. Its bloody painful stuff why dont they bring in someone with a bit of cut and entertainment value

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Im not having this!! sorry but I really enjoy KOC actually I think he does a fine job for a small local radio station

Its the wingmen that give me ire... dat brian flannery is so dull and boring he sounds like hes commentating a funeral and that shiner calling all the players on a first name basis as if their his own kids he wouldnt criticise them if they were done for mass murder. Its bloody painful stuff why dont they bring in someone with a bit of cut and entertainment value[/Quote]

Hey if people dont like it dont listen to it, you can get score updates on radio 1 that are about ten minutes behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I don't post here anymore so I'm probably in no position to say anything, but the air of negativity around these parts nowadays is astounding. Players, managers, county board, commentators...anyone else you're forgetting lads?

Here's a mad thought. Support the team over the summer and see where we are when it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Hope we don't take Dublin for granted next Sunday, all the talk coming from the Dublin camp looks like they are confident of a win. They will be a different prospect than Galway in that they will have no fear of us. We will have to be at our best for this one. I know they hate Walsh Park, going to Dungarvan I feel we have given them a lifeline as they have beaten us there in the past. Looking forward to what should be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

Its the wingmen that give me ire... dat brian flannery is so dull and boring he sounds like hes commentating a funeral and that shiner calling all the players on a first name basis as if their his own kids he wouldnt criticise them if they were done for mass murder. Its bloody painful stuff why dont they bring in someone with a bit of cut and entertainment value

KOC is woeful! The ONLY time I choose to listen to him is in the absence of live TV/Radio coverage with anyone else.

"He takes his shot, IT'S A SCORE, GREAT SCORE BY ______, HIS DAD IS WATCHING AND HE'LL BE VERY PROUD, HIS SISTERS A PROSTITUTE, SHE'S OUT IN OZ AND I'M SURE SHE'LL BE IN THE HORRORS DANCING ON THE BAR LISTENING TO US RIGHT NOW." - Thanks for all that Kieran, when will you be letting us know if it was a goal or a point he scored. Christ!

I'd rather be listening to Effin Eddie doing commentary to be honest. I'd have more of an idea about what's actually happening on the field.

glick6 wrote: »
    Was at the Galway match. Philip Mahony was excellent in the corner, held Damien Hayes scoreless and was tight and tenacious throughout. He might not start ahead of Noel if Noel's fit, but the competition he will give is priceless in pushing Noely and Ringo on.

Brick was solid as always at CB and no doubt his repositioning increased the rest of the lads confidence. Kevin Moran went back to wingback when Sully was sent off and he cleaned up. Daragh was solid on the other wing too, definitely his best position IMO. All in all the half back line was solid and I think the win was built on it's performance.
    this is what i have been saying all along if o mahony was excellent he should be left there but unfortunately the reality is that when connors is fit he will get his jersey back ,there is no pushing anyone for their place he will [connors]get his place back and o mahony knows it more the pity ,its like the mullane thing take a 5/6 week break back into the team its just wrong ,and when that happens you have NO competition for places ,the lads know deep down whoever is coming back from injury or a rest will get their jersey back ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Hey if people dont like it dont listen to it, you can get score updates on radio 1 that are about ten minutes behind.[/QUOTE]

Ah if you dont like it dont read it why dont ya switch to AnFearRua

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toggingout

Great win by the footballers at the weekend. It doesn't look like we'll get promotion but another win or two and it can be classfied as a good league. I know there is little interest in our footballers here but lest not forget that it wasn't so long ago that we'd be lucky to beat London. The footballers now regularly beat the likes of Wicklow, carlow, Leitrim etc but it's a pity once championship comes that the media tend to give these lots of coverage as if they are great teams and never bat an eye lid at Waterford. Look we'll never challenge for trophies but that is no reason not to support the lads. Tipperary get a lot of coverage but like ourselves seldom ever win a championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Anyone know if Noel Connors will be fit for Sunday?

Have we any other injury worries?

Looks like it will be a cracking day weather wise on Sunday so hopefully a large crowd will show up in Fraher Field

Hon the Deise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

duinegorm wrote: »
    KOC is woeful! The ONLY time I choose to listen to him is in the absence of live TV/Radio coverage with anyone else.

"He takes his shot, IT'S A SCORE, GREAT SCORE BY ______, HIS DAD IS WATCHING AND HE'LL BE VERY PROUD, HIS SISTERS A PROSTITUTE, SHE'S OUT IN OZ AND I'M SURE SHE'LL BE IN THE HORRORS DANCING ON THE BAR LISTENING TO US RIGHT NOW." - Thanks for all that Kieran, when will you be letting us know if it was a goal or a point he scored. Christ!

I'd rather be listening to Effin Eddie doing commentary to be honest. I'd have more of an idea about what's actually happening on the field.

Effin Eddie is very entertaining, which makes that a terrible example. You'd actually listen to him commentating on Killenaule v Ballingarry just to hear him like.

Also if you think O'Connor is bad, try listening to Tipp fm's commentary. Sounds like they pulled a few lads from the mart who've a passing interest in the sport and know some of the players
    HillFarmer wrote: »
    Anyone know if Noel Connors will be fit for Sunday?

Have we any other injury worries?

Looks like it will be a cracking day weather wise on Sunday so hopefully a large crowd will show up in Fraher Field

Hon the Deise!

Doubt Connors will be back. Obviously we'll have to wait and see if Prender and Molumph will be back (dunno what's up with Seamus). Tony will be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

really looking forward to it now, the lads will have no fear of Dublin. i hope the good weather lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

this is what i have been saying all along if o mahony was excellent he should be left there but unfortunately the reality is that when connors is fit he will get his jersey back ,there is no pushing anyone for their place he will [connors]get his place back and o mahony knows it more the pity ,its like the mullane thing take a 5/6 week break back into the team its just wrong ,and when that happens you have NO competition for places ,the lads know deep down whoever is coming back from injury or a rest will get their jersey back ,
    Competition for places is great but you're talking utter crap if you think Mullane should have to fight for his place on the starting team. Maybe if he has a few bad games then you might have a case, but has he ever had consecutive bad games? You could probably count on one hand the number of bad games he's had in his intercounty career.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Very sad story regarding the crash in Bansha the other night which I'm only hearing the details of now. Both the Enrights and Walsh families are good GAA families, and obviously Jack Leacy who they were bringing home from a minor game.

Very sad moment for the Abbeyside club and the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Competition for places is great but you're talking utter crap if you think Mullane should have to fight for his place on the starting team. Maybe if he has a few bad games then you might have a case, but has he ever had consecutive bad games? You could probably count on one hand the number of bad games he's had in his intercounty career.

I think the best example is the current league, without him before the Galway games we where awful, in the Galway game he was the difference

Very sad story regarding the crash in Bansha the other night which I'm only hearing the details of now. Both the Enrights and Walsh families are good GAA families, and obviously Jack Leacy who they were bringing home from a minor game.

Very sad moment for the Abbeyside club and the town.

very sad is right so tragic when things like this happen

Gonna break the perspective here a bit but rumour round the capital is that Dublin are set to field a weakened team on Sunday with one eye on a relegation final the following weekend and going to use the game on Sundayas an opportunity to try younger players. If thats the case Waterford worth a punt at 11/10. Dont suppose Galway will be best pleased tho...

Its probably the first big test for Michael Ryans charges. looking around other boards a lot of people expect us to win either way. its a do or die game aswell so we'll be in a better position to judge come Sunday evening

[/QUOTE] its a do or die game aswell so we'll be in a better position to judge come Sunday evening[/QUOTE]

a loss is just not acceptable. we must win as i stated the other day so it is do or die

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Gonna break the perspective here a bit but rumour round the capital is that Dublin are set to field a weakened team on Sunday with one eye on a relegation final the following weekend and going to use the game on Sundayas an opportunity to try younger players. If thats the case Waterford worth a punt at 11/10. Dont suppose Galway will be best pleased tho...

Its probably the first big test for Michael Ryans charges. looking around other boards a lot of people expect us to win either way. its a do or die game aswell so we'll be in a better position to judge come Sunday evening
    We have got to be very careful here, the Dubs would like nothing better than to suck us in to believing that they are coming down here with a supposedly weakened team.I hope we put out our best side for this game and go all out to win it, I think this is going to be a very tough match, Dublin overtook us last year and that's no accident they have made steady progress under Anthony Daly since he took over, remember the beating their minor side gave us so I don't think they will have any fear of us. Has the makings of a great game looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Daysha wrote: »
    I don't post here anymore so I'm probably in no position to say anything, but the air of negativity around these parts nowadays is astounding. Players, managers, county board, commentators...anyone else you're forgetting lads?

Here's a mad thought. Support the team over the summer and see where we are when it's over.

I hope you will be posting for the championship Daysha. You were one of the best posters on the GAA forum when you were here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

U21 footballers got a batin tonight. Only serves to highlight the problems we have that the best footballers are also the best hurlers in the County, at all levels. In addition to that, it was a very young team that lined out and Paul Whyte not being available was a major blow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement