Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alastair wrote: »
    Stamp duty is indeed applicable in some european states, and we do have a health service - with outgoings (and hence overhead) on a par with other european states. Getting our public services in good working order isn't going to happen without the same sort of revenue overhead as our neighbours.

I've already told you I'm not a FG supporter. That didn't sink in, so I doubt there's much talking sense to you in that regard.

Not so much a supporter, rather than a blinkered admirer. We don't have the same population as our neighbours, and it's about time Government realised it. And cut our Civil Service/Public service numbers and "entitlements".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

billybudd wrote: »
    Sorry in english: you probaly work in a public sector job and will argue your case in order to protect your own future earnings.

A local authority you mean? 'fraid not.

'stool of the Government'?

The mind boggles.

No surprise there - given your lack of comprehension of the issue at hand.

The mind boggles.

And no comment on the immorality of the tax which has been pointed out to you. Again no surprise, seeing as it's completely indefensible.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Not so much a supporter, rather than a blinkered admirer. We don't have the same population as our neighbours, and it's about time Government realised it. And cut our Civil Service/Public service numbers and "entitlements".

We've a similar population to Denmark - a state with a public sector twice the size of ours. They've got stamp duty and property tax.

• Advertisement

No surprise there - given your lack of comprehension of the issue at hand.

And the babble you spout. What exactly is a 'stool of government' when it's home?

And the babble you spout. What exactly is a 'stool of government' when it's home?

OK Mr. Pedantic. Stooge. Understand now? Or will it take another hour for stuff to sink in as usual?:D

We've a similar population to Denmark - a state with a public sector twice the size of ours. They've got stamp duty and property tax.

With all sectors functioning correctly. What are the public sector pay rates in Denmark vs Ireland BTW? And oh - Denmark's MRSA levels are 2% - vs something in the late 20% over here. Another example of just how inefficient our PS is over here. Then again even some contractors leave a lot to be desired..........;)

OK Mr. Pedantic. Stooge. Understand now? Or will it take another hour for stuff to sink in as usual?:D

Pedantic? A prerequisite for comments sinking in, is that they make some sense in the first place - otherwise it's just gobbledygook.

With all sectors functioning correctly. What are the public sector pay rates in Denmark vs Ireland BTW? And oh - Denmark's MRSA levels are 2% - vs something in the late 20% over here. Another example of just how inefficient our PS is over here. Then again even some contractors leave a lot to be desired..........;)

Why don't you toddle off and find out. Just pointing out that it's one of those instances of a state with similar population, a far bigger public sector, that levies stamp duty and property taxes. The kind of place you suggested doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Denmark sounds perfect for you.

Interesting read here:

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/35/23/38656029.pdf

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Denmark sounds perfect for you.

It's not a bad spot - they could teach us a thing or two about competent governance.

Pedantic? A prerequisite for comments sinking in, is that they make some sense in the first place - otherwise it's just gobbledygook.

Kettle. Pot. Black.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

It's not a bad spot - they could teach us a thing or two about competent governance.

So are there policitans as corrupt as ours and their public sector management as incompetent as ours? If not maybe I'll join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

And no comment on the immorality of the tax which has been pointed out to you. Again no surprise, seeing as it's completely indefensible.

Why waste your time entertaining morons?? He still asks for reasons why this tax is wrong, all he has to do is read some of the 6000+ posts.

Whats even more sad is the fact even some FG td's admits its a shambles, check out latest news there are many comments from unions, td's and journalists at how ridiculous the whole thing is and he is still here defending it all the way, if he is not Hogan himself he must be some other looser from society.

Hogan the arrogant prk will be forced to make a U-turn and I along with many others will be laughing at him! Complete joke

Kettle. Pot. Black.:D

No! You're the stool of Government! :rolleyes:

I got an email the other day about the household charge... straight into junk mail ;)

Mr CJ wrote: »
    Why waste your time entertaining morons?? He still asks for reasons why this tax is wrong, all he has to do is read some of the 6000+ posts.

Whats even more sad is the fact even some FG td's admits its a shambles, check out latest news there are many comments from unions, td's and journalists at how ridiculous the whole thing is and he is still here defending it all the way, if he is not Hogan himself he must be some other looser from society.

Hogan the arrogant prk will be forced to make a U-turn and I along with many others will be laughing at him! Complete joke

Not a single compelling argument against property tax over the course of this thread - depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I was sure it was going to be 'tool'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Careful now - some here can't get their head around the concept of wealth in property.

Unbelievalbe how you see a 300k mortgage on a house worth 200k, as wealth.

And when the owner pays off 110k, the equity could be 10k.

So a return of 10k for an input of 100k = wealth.

Baffling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I read something about backseat mods alright.

But the knowledge went in one ear and out the other rather fast. (Knowledge obviously travels fast in a vacuum).

You have a tendency to want to lay down rules here (as well as in the real world).

robbie7730 wrote: »

Baffling.

Ah now - we already knew you just don't get it. Don't you have some voluntary CGT to pay?

Unbelievable how you see a 300k mortgage on a house worth 200k, as wealth.

Who sees a 300k mortgage on a 200k house as wealth?!

Lemme guess.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah now - we already knew you just don't get it. Don't you have some voluntary CGT to pay?

Do you hold your head to one side like Enda does when he gets thick ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Not a single compelling argument against property tax over the course of this thread - depressing.

How is RTE these days?

Baffling.

They have some nerve asking us to pay tax on something some people dont even own!!

The mind boggles.

I think he means "stooge". Which notion leaves my mind completely unboggled. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Tell me how 300k mortgage on a 200k house is wealth. go on, try break your arrogant nature, just for a few minutes. I put loads of commas in for you and all.

Demonstrate how a mortgae itself has the negative equity. but the property has the positive equity like you claimed the other day?

The simple answer is, you cant. You couldnt all the other times i asked. And you still cant. And thats your final analysis, is it not?

• Advertisement

Mr CJ wrote: »
    They have some nerve asking us to pay tax on something some people dont even own!!

I think you'll find that it's only homeowners that are being taxed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement