Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I was a law abiding citizen yesterday you said. Now im a future criminal.
    Your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya :rolleyes:

Yeh, the govt were installed by a dictator :rolleyes:
    I was a law abiding citizen yesterday you said. Now im a future criminal.

Your choice for the path you lead. The deadline is March 31st, not paying is breaking the law.

I notice the head of the Local Government Managment Agency has been saying that some on the No side have been ringing up and abusing the public servants who are working in the processing centre.

Disgracful behaviour, but not unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

dvpower wrote: »
    Your choice.

Is it? You can tell all from your armchair or office desk can you? DeVine power is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mconigol wrote: »
    Well 3% isn't a surge.
    Can't find a bigger facepalm for that tbh.

3% is a surge when it represents a 25% increase in a short period of time.

There is propaganda here, and it's not coming from the government.

If registrations continue to increase at 25% per week, then a quarter of all householders will have paid by the deadline date, and more than half by the end of April.

However, I suspect there'll be an even bigger increase in the last week of March. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of payments doubled between 30th March and 2nd April.

• Advertisement

I notice the head of the Local Government Managment Agency has been saying that some on the No side have been ringing up and abusing the public servants who are working in the processing centre.

Disgracful behaviour, but not unexpected.

Is that all you see, as people that may be strugging, simply as people on the no side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Id be surprised myself if there was not a fairly big surge in the last few days though.

Probably will
    seamus wrote: »
    Can't find a bigger facepalm for that tbh.

3% is a surge when it represents a 25% increase in a short period of time.

There is propaganda here, and it's not coming from the government.

If registrations continue to increase at 25% per week, then a quarter of all householders will have paid by the deadline date, and more than half by the end of April.

However, I suspect there'll be an even bigger increase in the last week of March. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of payments doubled between 30th March and 2nd April.

LOL...that's still not a surge I'm sorry to tell you. What you've just described is a steady increase, which (by your own numbers) only results in a quarter of people being signed up by the deadline.

Not a surge no matter how much you want it to be!

Is it? You can tell all from your armchair or office desk can you? DeVine power is it?
    Yes I can. And so can you.

You know what the law is and you are choosing to disobey it. Its all pretty simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Yawn, it'll be about 25% take up like I predicted about a month ago.
    The cheerleaders hearts are racing today though it seems.

Is that all you see, as people that may be strugging, simply as people on the no side?

There is no excuse to be ringing up public servants like this and dishing out abuse to them. If people want to compain, they should take their complaints to the politicians who introduced the tax, not the public servants who are just trying to do a job.

Its a disgrace that people would be targeting them. But I'm not surprised by the kind of lowlife that do it or support it .

• Advertisement

Yes I can. And so can you.

You know what the law is and you are choosing to disobey it. Its all pretty simple really.

How am i choosing to disobey it, through your assumptions of my status?

Its a disgrace that people would be targeting them. But I'm not surprised by the kind of lowlife that do it or support it .

Ok then, people who are against this are low life now? Its just as well this is not a phone in thing. You sound angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

LoL
    Great thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I wonder how many senior citizins know how to use the internet,register,set up an account and use their credit card (if they have one) to pay a dodgey tax online???

Does Enda Kenny really think that hes going to get 46,000 payments every day till the deadline,to meet his tax take???

Ok then, people who are against this are low life now? Its just as well this is not a phone in thing. You sound angry.

Ah yeah,sure unless you agree with everything Enda Kenny and "Happy Gilmore" say and do,then you have to be a low life.:D

So therefore Im a low life then.Suits me fine so.

PS-I wonder what he would class all these "lovely innocent" TDs who break all the rules and waste tax payers money on massive ink cartridge bills and 37k salary increases,4k laundry bills then,on and excessive and blatant needless use of the goverment jet too.

What will he call these Ministers/TDs then????

paddy147 wrote: »
    I wonder how many senior citizins know how to use the internet,register,set up an account and use their credit card (if they have one) to pay a dodgey tax online???

No excuse.
    How can I pay the Household Charge?
    Online - www.householdcharge.ie - by credit card/debit card or by Direct Debit. Instalment option is only available by Direct Debit until the 1st March 2012.

By Post: Registration forms are available online; from City/County Councils; Libraries; Citizen Information Centres or Lo Call 1890 357357.

Payment can be made by cheque/postal order/bank draft made payable to “Household Charge". Send form with payment to: Household Charge, P.O Box12168, Dublin 1.

NOTE: Direct Debit mandates submitted by post must be received by 1st March 2012

Local Authority: In your City/County Council offices before 31st March (no administration fee applies).

gurramok wrote: »
    No excuse.

So every senior citizin in Ireland (and not just senior citizins,everyone in Ireland) has a PC,has internet access in their house and knows how to use the internet and use their credit card (if they have one) online??

I wonder how many people in Ireland wil not get these leaflets in their letter boxes???

Dont know how you can just come wading in and say "no excuse" to that.

But the goverment have lots of excuses though,dont they???

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

They will after March 31st. Why oppose the law as decided by your democratically elected Dail?

Do you wish to see a dictator in power to dictate your needs? You shouldn't as we have a democracy which reflects the will of the people.

There is nothing democratic about our Dail.

- You can vote for one candidate and the system allows your vote to be transferred to a candidate without your permission
    - Citizens who may be temporarily residing abroad are forbidden from voting

?Will of the people? Will of the politicians is more accurate. "the people" = politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would you have evaded Stamp Duty if you could have gotten away with it?
    Do you evade other taxes and charges?

Not yet :rolleyes:

Seems to be your main issue Tayto - the amount of Stamp Duty you paid?

You freely gave this money over to the Goverenment at the time and now you feel a bit stupid at having done so?

You sound like a child - 'Give me my Stamp Duty back!'

Guess what - the money is gone so you won't get it back, it's been blown by the previous Govt on a bloated public service. You really only have yourself to blame - you need to 'man up' and accept responsibilty for your actions which have contributed to our current problems.

And what about our Masters ? Have you written to them ?
    Mea culpa:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bills,legislations,unfair taxes,and goverments can all be easily defeated and made to step back or step down.

All it takes is people power and their collective public anger,and its easily done.

It was done in here in the 1990s and will be done here again,this year.

The goverment have fcuked it up (in so many ways) and they are now trying the pittyfull and stupid scare tactic approach.

They have allready showed that are prone to backing down and calling peoples bluff (Minister Hogan...people will be jailed for non payment....but now they wont,)

Look at all the people who now see through it all and WILL NOT PAY.

n900guy wrote: »

- You can vote for one candidate and the system allows your vote to be transferred to a candidate without your permission
    - Citizens who may be temporarily residing abroad are forbidden from voting

?Will of the people? Will of the politicians is more accurate. "the people" = politicians.

So, the Dail is an authoritarian unelected institution?? Crazy stuff.
    paddy147 wrote:
    So every senior citizin in Ireland (and not just senior citizins,everyone in Ireland) has a PC,has internet access in their house and knows how to use the internet and use their credit card (if they have one) online??

No, I showed you the non-internet ways of paying. Do they live in Siberia or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Guys stop feeding the trolls. I think most should recognise those 3 or 4 posters by now.

So, the Dail is an authoritarian unelected institution?? Crazy stuff.

No, I showed you the non-internet ways of paying. Do they live in Siberia or something?!

You showed me the non internet way....but from the internet.

Eh hello.:rolleyes:

You have also failed to answer me on what I asked you about every senior citizin and person in Ireland.

seamus wrote: »
    1. The state needs money to pay for everyday costs
    2. Property taxes are one of the most stable forms of income you can have, i.e. they do not vary with the strength of the economy

So you reckon that the same little pot of people should be paying for everything.
    Same thinking again. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Ok then, people who are against this are low life now?
    People who ring up the processing centre in order to abuse the staff are low life.
    I'd draw you a venn diagram, but I don't think it would help.

Less than a tenner a month for your services, that's a bargain you should grab right now!

Same ole, same ole rubbish being spouted.

paddy147 wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be done online.

Do you expect to get your services for free? Freeloading is not nice.
    Ah please enlighten me. What services ?

• Advertisement

Pray continue.
    You can stop now.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement