Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OMG! I saw that the other day and I was like 'crap i want it!' but i'd just placed an order.

Do you mean mix up the shake and then carry it around or keep the powder or liquid in the shaker and mix when you need it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

OMG! I saw that the other day and I was like 'crap i want it!' but i'd just placed an order.

Do you mean mix up the shake and then carry it around or keep the powder or liquid in the shaker and mix when you need it?

i mean mix up and shake and carry it around

the muffins were a nice idea but i cant eat them with the choc nut flavour
    maybe ill try them again when i get the plain one im ordering now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolorous wrote: »
    It would be a massive drive for you alright :( Carlow probably isn't much better, there's a Barnardos bridal there too... Just remembered there's a Memories Bridal in Cork which is meant to be brilliant, might be worth considering?

Cork is nearly twice as far from me as Dublin is! :P It's not too long a drive to Dublin1.5-2hrs, but to do it up and down in one day, and tolerating annoying sales staff in between is just a horrible though. And I was just in Dublin last week and am going again next Saturday night, so to face going up again in the next month is just ugh. Sigh, think I'll give up on dress hunt for now, and there goes holiday and the spare money I thought I'd have by buying a cheap one, goddammit.

bluewolf wrote: »
    i mean mix up and shake and carry it around

Personally I wouldn't do that. I mix mine up just before I drink it. I made one up one morning and didn't clean out the shaker properly and when I came home it f'in stunk. Wouldn't like to be drinking that.

I carry my milk in the shaker and I kept some of the sample packets from myprotien and I bring the powder in them.

But you could also get something like this:

http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Smart-Shake/Smart-Shake-550ml

Holds your powder in the bottom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Personally I wouldn't do that. I mix mine up just before I drink it. I made one up one morning and didn't clean out the shaker properly and when I came home it f'in stunk. Wouldn't like to be drinking that.

I carry my milk in the shaker and I kept some of the sample packets from myprotien and I bring the powder in them.

yeah i'd heard before it's not nice to be drinking it after a while, so i wondered if the shaker thing made a difference

that compartment thing is cool :eek:

i usually make mine in the blender
    need to get back to good habits again which broke once i stopped eating the choc nut yokey... i find them perfect as a snack that isn't chicken... or a breakfast if i am not having eggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    It won't even fit over my thighs, and I have pretty thin thighs, so can't even close it, and the shoulder straps are way too short. It was meant to be lace with embroidery and it's just organza, I thought I'd get cheap lace, but not even. It's white and I ordered ivory. It's a mess.

That is so so sh*t! I'm gutted for you. I hope you tear them a new one in your review of their service
    But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)

My friend got married in one of those, she looked stunning! Her bouquet was handmade roses she crocheted herself, so cute.
    Dolorous wrote: »
    I know a few people who got their dream dress in Barnardos Bridal in Dún Laoghaire, all of the dresses are brand new and donated by bridal shops. Great service and most would be under €400. I've also heard great things about Memories Bridal and Oxfam Bridal in Dublin city centre. If I don't find anything there it's VoH for me!

I really want to go to that store just to be nosey :o It's a great idea for old dresses. Though after I get married I wanna do a "wreck the dress" photoshoot with my friends and go paintballing. For that reason alone I'll be wearing a cheap dress (but amazing shoes that will not be involved in paintballing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was wondering if anyone had tried the coconut flavour yet :D I'm waiting til I've gotten through my chocolate supply before getting it.

Yeh I love that shaker... I think I'm gonna buy one as a treat...

I'M SO SAD!! :D

I've to go to Dublin this weekend (I make it sound like a chore). I'm going to clean out my room. I'm just gonna get a black bag and throw all my clothes into it and give them to charity.

If I haven't gone looking for them in the 2 years I've been living away I doubt I'm going to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hiya Loungers, haven't been on in awhile, hope everyone is keeping well :D

can't believe that I only have 7 more days in college left! For the first time this semester I'm actually enjoying it. The pressure is off us in terms of the big, tedious assignments, and I'm really enjoying reading and writing for my current essay. I'm enjoying the reading a little bit too much, I could be in danger of forgetting that I actually have an essay to write for next Wednesday! I'm hoping to have it done by Friday though so I can try to enjoy the long weekend some bit, in between work.

Have some news on the boy in work :D we went to the cinema last week, and we had our first social outing with other people at the weekend. All going really well :D we're not official or anything yet, my mother keeps asking are we boyfriend & girlfriend yet (awww!) but I'm of the mind to take things easy and enjoy the moment and not rush in to the next phase. I've done that too often before, so now I just want to enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ahh, was planning all the lovely things I'd do on my day off tomorrow and then I was asked to work! Couldn't turn it down coz the money will come in handy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Soooooooo tired, actually struggling to keep my eyes open.

Had a lovely day, went for lunch with my boyfriend :) Then strolled around town :)

Decided not to get that dress I was mad over because it's too short and I hate short dresses :(

Scroobius Pip tonight - woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'd keep it separate until you drink it too, wouldn't even drink the milk if I had been carrying it around all day!

Those smart shakes are fantastic (don't have one) but I regularly go into pound shops for plastic containers and found a pack of 6 round screwtop containers with loads of space for protein powder and they don't take up loads of space. Use them for my yogurts too (100g yogurt, 1/2 scoop protein, chopped brazil nuts, chopped chocolate 85%, blueberries, chopped dried apricots, along with my supplements) They're worth checking out pound shops for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think I'm about ready to break down into tears... something has gone wrong with my pc again... I think its the monitor this time, but this is now the 3rd time something has happened with my system. I really wasn't able to afford the upgrade, now I really can't afford to get a new monitor. :(

Why does this keep happening to me!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Links234 wrote: »
    I think I'm about ready to break down into tears... something has gone wrong with my pc again... I think its the monitor this time, but this is now the 3rd time something has happened with my system. I really wasn't able to afford the upgrade, now I really can't afford to get a new monitor. :(

Why does this keep happening to me!?
    As someone who regularly suffered with computer problems, I feel your pain, Links. *hug* New monitors aren't THAT expensive really. You could get a fairly basic one for around €200 to tide you over. Or, if you like big screens, you could hook up a plasma screen tv to your hardrive. Not sure exactly how to it but I hear it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

McChubbin wrote: »
    As someone who regularly suffered with computer problems, I feel your pain, Links. *hug* New monitors aren't THAT expensive really. You could get a fairly basic one for around €200 to tide you over. Or, if you like big screens, you could hook up a plasma screen tv to your hardrive. Not sure exactly how to it but I hear it can be done.

I bought a 20'' LG monitor for €95 in PC World recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Looks like that bit of blue plastic has gone under the couch, it'll resurface in a few months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Almost home from work, woo! Day wasn't as bad as anticipated, and actually got to eat lunch today. :)

Noooo.. Poor Acoshla. Gutted about the dress. Those feckers. :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Blood-letting time again.

Seems I'm on call this weekend, for st. Patrick's day and a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just got the news that Paul's body was found earlier. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

So sad, RIP Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ah god :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no. That's terrible, terrible news. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So sorry to hear of his death. R.I.P Paul :(

He was so young, it's so so sad.

Sympathies to Paul's family and friends :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How awful for his family :( RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Acoshla wrote: »
    The dress came, it's shit.

Aww im sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

That is terribly sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

That is awful news!!

RIP Paul!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It's amazing how much the death of someone I didn't know upsets me :( But Paul was a boardsie and for all its faults boards is like a (big, extended, sometimes dysfunctional but still always there for you) family.

I was *so* hoping that this time it'd be a different ending.

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement