Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Replace the latte with a hot chocolate. And crush the oreos up and put them in the hot chocolate. Then give me a spoon. Oh, and some more oreos for dunking. That'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Fair play das kitty, thats brilliant.

I was only thinking about your underwear the other day.

Ok, should prob clarify that! :pac:I'm looking for new underwear for a treat and remembered your post from ages ago looking for recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Tigger99 wrote: »

Ok, should prob clarify that! :pac:I'm looking for new underwear for a treat and remembered your post from ages ago looking for recommendations.

Oh oh oh, do you live in Dublin? There’s an underwear shop in the Pavillion in Swords and the underwear is pretty expensive but really good. They have a great sale on at the mo and you can get 3 bra’s for €25 (matching knickers €15). So that’s 3 really good quality sets for €40. Where the bras alone would usually be about €35-€45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    oreos and lattes anyone???

I've never been a fan of Oreos. More of a chocolate digestive kinda gal myself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My mom's after picking up a dress in Awear for €30 that is a possible runner for her outfit for the wedding, love it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tigger99 wrote: »

People think about my knickers a lot I find. :pac:

I'll never be able to afford my dream undies, but I'm following a line of enquiry on a steampunk style corset.

The dress came, it's shit.

Acoshla wrote: »

Noooooo, what's wrong with it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh no acoshla :(:(

give them hell...

what's wrong with it? did you try it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Awww crap, sorry to hear that. :( Any chance of getting a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've never been a fan of Oreos. More of a chocolate digestive kinda gal myself. :)

I don't get the obsession either - the scouts love them but I find them bland!

Can't beat a good foxes chocolate biscuit :D

I am off chocolate for lent and this thread is making it hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

:(

Kiera wrote: »
    Noooooo, what's wrong with it?
    Awww crap, sorry to hear that. :( Any chance of getting a refund?

It won't even fit over my thighs, and I have pretty thin thighs, so can't even close it, and the shoulder straps are way too short. It was meant to be lace with embroidery and it's just organza, I thought I'd get cheap lace, but not even. It's white and I ordered ivory. It's a mess.

It won't even fit over my thighs, and I have pretty thin thighs, so can't even close it, and the shoulder straps are way too short. It was meant to be lace with embroidery and it's just organza, I thought I'd get cheap lace, but not even. It's white and I ordered ivory. It's a mess.

FFS! Do you reckon there is any chance of getting some/all of your money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is there anyway it can be altered or is just a goner?

Yeh this thread always makes me hungry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

God I would kill for an apple lattice now.. Or anything cakey! Haven't had chocolate in what feels like forever (which in reality has been about 2 weeks)

Also, 1st of two night shifts tonight and I'm not looking forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

is packing to go home after a hol the most depressing thing ever? its definitely up there

FFS! Do you reckon there is any chance of getting some/all of your money back?
    Is there anyway it can be altered or is just a goner?

Yeh this thread always makes me hungry!!

I've applied for a return and refund, and for them to cover shipping. Nothing can be done to save it, and I have 3 dressmakers/alterations people in my close family and they wouldn't be able to save it!

krudler wrote: »
    is packing to go home after a hol the most depressing thing ever? its definitely up there

Yup it's one of the top downers alright. Did you have a good time tho?

I've applied for a return and refund, and for them to cover shipping. Nothing can be done to save it, and I have 3 dressmakers/alterations people in my close family and they wouldn't be able to save it!

Even if you could save it, the colour is wrong which cant be saved :(

They better refund you or i'll be sending nasty emails to them for upsetting you and wasting your time :mad:

• Advertisement

Yup it's one of the top downers alright. Did you have a good time tho?

I did, relaxed, unwound, caught up with the parents, twas good

I did, relaxed, unwound, caught up with the parents, twas good

When you gonna head back over?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

@ Acoshla - Nooooo!

Worse than the dress being sh1t is that you now have to go dress shopping. Urg.

Hope you get your money back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My mom's after picking up a dress in Awear for €30 that is a possible runner for her outfit for the wedding, love it.

Which one did she get? I'm currently obsessed with awear dresses and have my eye on one for 31 that I can't find in any of the shops to try on. :(

Edit: Sorry to hear about your dress. Seemed odd they were so difficult about getting it out to you. At least you have the fun(stress?) of trying on lots of pretty dresses. But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I've been burned one too many times buying apple lattices. It's so hard to find a crunchy, non-soggy one. Is that too much to ask, lattice fairies?!

The ones from the Lidl Bakery are AMAZING!!!!

Aw no :( They better refund you after all the crap they put you through!!

DK, congrats on the Weight Loss, you are now my inspiration :)

When you gonna head back over?

probably during the summer, theres not much to do here off season so its nice to come here and relax then, during the summer its more lively, more bars and stuff open and a lot more people around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

No, unpacking after you get home is!

Acoshla, I know you're probably completely disenchanted with the whole ordering online thing, but I couldn't recommend Light In The Box enough. My dress is amazing quality, I'm chuffed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

@ Acoshla, that's such poo! I'll happily wage war on the fuppers to help you get your monies back. Grr :mad: grr at it not fitting your lovely leggies, jaysus it wouldn't even fit my little toe so!! Baztards. Deffo a money back situation.

Taking a quick break from study for a big interview on Thurs, *eeep* I'm so nervous, it's been years since I did an interview. Anyone else ever get a nervous tummy before big things? My butterflies have turned into pterodactyls methinks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)

I love those dresses!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)
    If I ever end up getting married I'd *love* one of those for my wedding dress :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement