Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

So is there any point in playing this if you haven't played ME & ME2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Umm, no. Is there any point in reading/watching the 3rd instalment of a movie or book without knowing the previous two entries?

At the start of the endgame now, but I have to give into my OCD and get my Readiness to 100% - At 87% now so about 4 more MP games should do it. The MP is actually fun, but I don't see it holding up long term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yes, you just wont get the full story experience. you'll still get to shoot things.

--edit
    if you're worried about the story, it wont be hard to find out what the plot of games 1 and 2 was. probably in more detail than you'd notice yourself from playing the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

chrislad wrote: »
    Umm, no. Is there any point in reading/watching the 3rd instalment of a movie or book without knowing the previous two entries?

Well if you asked me is it worth playing COD7 without playing the others I would say yes. Ditto for Halo and many others. They are enjoyable in and of themselves. How am I supposed to know the degree of arc story progression from game to game if I haven't played them before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

20 Hours in....

Its good, not totally blown away I must admit, but 20hrs in and I only got it Friday evening, that's saying something good anyways.

The galactic readiness is pissing me off, it hasn't moved off 50% since the start of the game, and I have tonnes of War Assets got. Whats the story with the Galactic Readiness rating, does it not go up until the crucible is built?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    20 Hours in....

Its good, not totally blown away I must admit, but 20hrs in and I only got it Friday evening, that's saying something good anyways.

The galactic readiness is pissing me off, it hasn't moved off 50% since the start of the game, and I have tonnes of War Assets got. Whats the story with the Galactic Readiness rating, does it not go up until the crucible is built?

Need to play multiplayer to move that up, joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A bugged Citadel side quest - Hanar Diplomat. I'm supposed to activate a terminal but nothing is happening. Googled it and turns out the quest is bugged if you don't complete it as soon as you get it. Happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

sheehy83 wrote: »
    A bugged Citadel side quest - Hanar Diplomat. I'm supposed to activate a terminal but nothing is happening. Googled it and turns out the quest is bugged if you don't complete it as soon as you get it. Happen to anyone else?
    Have you done any of the terminals yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

That "calibrations" line from Primarch dude was LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Same here, I
    used the spectre terminal to buy his dog tags to prove he was KIA. But I left the citadel first and did a few missions. When i came back Cerberus were attacking and the diplomat was nowhere to be seen afterwards

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    Have you done any of the terminals yet?

Sorry? The terminal is just like a computer on a wall that you can only interact with during this mission.

Just finished From Ashes and even though it wasn't worth a tenner, it was class to see the background of the Protheans and Javik is a class character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Playing this at the moment on the pc and I find it all cringeworthy and I find myself skipping the cutscenes as often as possible.

I loved the first game, found the second one to be weaker than the first one and this is just painful in some parts, even moreso than I'd expected. Pity, I had high hopes for the series after the first one but I feel it's gone downhill.

I hope everyone else finds it enjoyable though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just finished it, around 34 hours of pure win!

Loved it from start to end, totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

*SPOILER ALERT*
    Below vid contains images of the DLC character (you know who/what I mean)

But interesting point raised about the whole DLC/Bioware argument
    Because essentially I DONT have to buy the DLC, as it's already on the disk.....
    DLC now stands for DISK LOCKED CONTENT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm really enjoying the game but am I the only one who finds all the squadmates you can have pretty dull storywise? Especially compared to Mass effect 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

SeantheMan wrote: »
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    Below vid contains images of the DLC character (you know who/what I mean)

But interesting point raised about the whole DLC/Bioware argument
    Because essentially I DONT have to buy the DLC, as it's already on the disk.....
    DLC now stands for DISK LOCKED CONTENT

Oh for gods sake people if you dont want the damn DLC, DONT BUY IT. I am SO tired of people whining about this DLC. You are not missing much by not buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have been asked by 2 people to move content about how the game ends to a new thread, and use this one for general game discussion only. Seems like a good idea.

If you want to talk about the game's endings, please use the other thread.

Bioware have announced 'From Ashes NOT on disk'

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9792158
    Hi,

There has a been a lot of discussion this weekend about our DLC, and i just wanted to say a few things...

From Ashes is a 600 MB+ download with all new content, including the mission on Eden Prime, new dialogue options and conversations with Javik, new cinematics, the Prothean weapon, and new appearances for all squad members. All of the above content was completed while the main game was in certification and are not available on the disc.

As stated previously, in order to seamlessly integrate Javik into the core campaign, certain framework elements and character models needed to be put on disc. We did something similar with Zaeed and Kasumi in Mass Effect 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

The character is on the disk, a whole lot of work would of been set in place if the character was completed, you don't make a character before doing the story and settings. This was definitely worked on while the main game was being made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I didn't enjoy this game so I uninstalled it.

I loved ME1 and thought ME2 was ok.

kQStY.jpg

• Advertisement

Man I'm mad to have a look at that Mass Effect 3 Ending thread!!

What weapon(s) is everyone using? I'm mostly using a level 5 M8 AR. I heard you have to play through the game a 2nd time to get it to level 10. Would love a Widow 1 but 250,000 is a bit out of my budget at the moment.. I'm finding it a bit easy on 'Normal' although i'm sure there will be enough of a challenge when I attempt my Insanity run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Man I'm mad to have a look at that Mass Effect 3 Ending thread!!

Yes, mad as a hatter!
    What weapon(s) is everyone using? I'm mostly using a level 5 M8 AR. I heard you have to play through the game a 2nd time to get it to level 10. Would love a Widow 1 but 250,000 is a bit out of my budget at the moment..

Using the Widow III at the moment, it plus Adrenaline power = 3 shots of pure destruction. Recoil is tough though, the slow mo counters it a bit, giving me time to line up the following shots.

Can't remember what assault rifle I am using. Its a single shot one anyways.

Using armour piercing on each gun too all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nearly finished ME2..spent about 18 hours on it over the weekend to get my character right...hopefully get an hour or two of ME3 and see if it lives upto the hype..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

From Ashes downloading. It's taking what feels like ages. I could write a novel! Didn't get much in yesterday but looking at achievements and the like I could be getting pretty close to the end. Can't wait to start my Insanity playthrough either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Once I finish ME3, I'm going to do an Insanity playthrough from 1 to 3. Feck the side missions, feck the loyalty, feck the war assets. Do the bare minimum, shoot sh!t up, slap reporters, renegade all the way etc.

This Shepard doesn't give much of a rats ass what happens in the end! I want to see the worst endings in all games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What weapon(s) is everyone using? I'm mostly using a level 5 M8 AR. I heard you have to play through the game a 2nd time to get it to level 10. Would love a Widow 1 but 250,000 is a bit out of my budget at the moment.. I'm finding it a bit easy on 'Normal' although i'm sure there will be enough of a challenge when I attempt my Insanity run.
    I'm playing through on Insanity difficulty as an Adept with just my (rank 5) starting pistol, though tbh even that I don't use all that much as the cooldown on powers is so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Level 5 m8 ar with a bounes of 200% on power cooldown. My throw recharges in less then a second would love to map it to my fire button

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Bioware have announced 'From Ashes NOT on disk'

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9792158

The missions are not on disk, but the squadmate is, you can unlock him through changing a single line.

Either way, day 1 DLC is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

fact is the from ashes download is around 600meg
    Without that 600mb of data you cant play the "dlc"
    I'm a bit miffed about it being day 1 additional content myself and its a poor excuse from bioware/ea but there ye have it.

I'm just curious how they're gonna add new content if
    the end of the game is how i ended it - sacrificed for synthesis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Jester252 wrote: »
    Level 5 m8 ar with a bounes of 200% on power cooldown. My throw recharges in less then a second would love to map it to my fire button

Haven't played the game yet but can you not map powers? Annoying if they've removed that

Advertisement