Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"no Irish " ad in Oz

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Jeez - what a total geebag.
    I'd put on an auzzie accent just to land that job.

2 days later I'd whip out my Irish accent.

How ya like that kunt ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

All those GAA jersey wearing mucksavages runnin' a muck over there has undoubtedly caused some resentment.

The add itself is racist but Ozzies, as a nation, score highly in the racist stakes.

No big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

booboo88 wrote: »
    Surely thats illegal? I thought this was 21st century, Irish people got the same attitude in England aswell

Some Irish people have the same attitude to foreigners in this country, they just don't advertise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

IngazZagni wrote: »
    And I'm sure your comments will make him change his opinion of us... Wrong way to go about it maybe?
    You're not going to change the opinion of someone stupid enough to post up an advert like that. What might be fun would be to email the advert to lots of news agencies and let them track him down for public pillory. Actually yeah that's the next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

"Put an Irishman on the spit and you can always get another Irishman to turn him"

-George Bernard Shaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Can't blame them really after the mess we have made of our own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Its a well known fact that no Australians ever drink, puke fight or act the flamin' gallah. Never. Never ever. Fact.

The amount of people on this here thread who seem to think anti Irish racism is ok is a bit shockin to be honest

You dont get 50000 of them doing it over here though do ya?

And is it racism? Really? Isnt racism being biased against a person of a different colour?

Its not right, but i can sort of understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Some Irish people have the same attitude to foreigners in this country, they just don't advertise it.

That doesn't make it any better, its bad form no matter who it's coming from.

I dont have a problem with foreigners, just spongers, and plenty irish people are spongers

And is it racism? Really? Isnt racism being biased against a person of a different colour?
    No, its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Someones posted his address and phone number on other sites all over the net based on his other ad for the UTE.
    Ah the internet............;)

• Advertisement

"Put an Irishman on the spit and you can always get another Irishman to turn him"

-George Bernard Shaw
    "Problem with the internet is you've no idea who's Irish and who's not."

-Doc Ruby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Reading some of these replies...oh boards.ie, you're so predictable!

Racism against anyone but the Irish - NONONO those racist b*stards how dare they! Kill them, equality for all! Who do I write to?!

Racism against the Irish - serves them right those drunken fools, I agree with this apartheid! Bloody horrible race of people so we are. Anti-irish ads are a-ok with me!

So, in summary: anti-irish OK. Anti-anyone else NOT OK. :pac:

Sense of humour wouldnt go amiss ;)

I thought it was funny, but thats not to say ALL irish people are like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

uh oooooh....you in troubleeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

booboo88 wrote: »
    Sense of humour wouldnt go amiss ;)

Yeah, being so drunk you can't stand and running around naked in front of kids is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What a bunch of insecure, spineless people we have in this nation.

If a sign like that was in Ireland saying No Polish, or No Blacks - You'd all be quick to condemn it. I don't care what a group of youths do - they do not condemn all Irish people to the same faith, any anyone who believes that such a sign is acceptable - believes that discrimination is acceptable.

Shame on all of you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dlofnep wrote: »
    What a bunch of insecure, spineless people we have in this nation.

If a sign like that was in Ireland saying No Polish, or No Blacks - You'd all be quick to condemn it. I don't care what a group of youths do - they do not condemn all Irish people to the same faith, any anyone who believes that such a sign is acceptable - believes that discrimination is acceptable.

Shame on all of you.

discrimination is acceptable, it's just not legal. if he doesnt want to hire irish, english, blacks, jews, christians it's his business and he oughta have the final say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Fair play to him. I dont buy this politically correct nonsense, never did. If he doesnt want Irish on his site, fair dinkim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

discrimination is acceptable, it's just not legal. if he doesnt want to hire irish, english, blacks, jews, christians it's his business and he oughta have the final say.

No sorry there, long lost son of Ron Paul - He doesn't 'oughta' have the final say. That is why we have laws prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.

• Advertisement

discrimination is acceptable, it's just not legal
    If it was acceptable there lad would it not be legal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

This is just incitement/attempted justification of racism.
    Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Also without wishing to stereotype or generalise in anyway whatsoever, the Australians are a nation of racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fair enough if he doesnt want irish people there, but to advertise specifically telling them not to apply is outright discrimination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

dlofnep wrote: »
    No sorry there, long lost son of Ron Paul - He doesn't 'oughta' have the final say. That is why we have laws prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.

He has the final say no matter what.

The smart move would be bin all irish CVs as soon as they arrived.

I've a feeling he is gonna regret having his number up on net, once word gets around there'll be plenty of nuisance phone calls coming his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I live in the area of Perth mentioned in the ad and it probably has the highest Irish population in WA, a lot of skangers have infiltrated lately as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Nice, for those on phones:

What are you hoping to achieve? It's five minutes from my house, want me to knock up and deliver some Paddy justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

guitarzero wrote: »
    Fair play to him. I dont buy this politically correct nonsense, never did. If he doesnt want Irish on his site, fair dinkim.

I agree with you. He should have the right to hire who he wants for whatever reason. However he is a bit of an eejit for publicly stating this online. He should have just discreetly rejected an offer after seeing their nationality on the CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I live in the area of Perth mentioned in the ad and it probably has the highest Irish population in WA, a lot of Dubliners have infiltrated lately as well.

fixed that for you;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Cos they have a habit of going on the piss every night, starting fights, and generally giving the rest of us a bad rep.

Unlike the yanks.

Or the Australians who go to their version of Shagaloof (Bali)

Kuta is awash with hammered skanger Aussies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement