Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

18 N64 carts for €40, include CFD which usually goes for €50+ on ebay..

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/n64-games-18/1419473

• Registered Users Posts: 34,439 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That's around the right money. Though closer to €250 would be more reasonable.

Low serial means nothing. Adds no value unless the seller will let you inspect the board.

I'd still say €250 is overpriced.

My AES console cost €120 delivered from Japan. You can get them for that price easily enough if you keep an eye out.

The controller in the picture is only worth about €25.

The games aren't rare or expensive ones at all. Probably €70 or so for all them at a push.

Give or take a few quid, that lot is probably worth about €200.

I know nothing about low serials though as I've never been interested in it. I know some people go ape **** for low serial AES stuff. So maybe that bumps up the price, I dunno.

Even at €66 postage, this is cheaper

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SNK-NEO-GEO-AES-Console-System-Joy-Stick-Samurai-Spirits-/160752144659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256d931113

Look how much this Earthbound poster sold for!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=120868440639&nma=true&rt=nc&si=ok0oEyl350ywyCDNUFx3%252Fc6rFjQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Holy smokes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah when I saw the earthbound poster I start googleing for high res images of earthbound :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

how about this for the game sniffers amongst us:D

I'm sure some Earthbound freak will buy it soon enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd still say €250 is overpriced.

True, but it's factoring in convenience too. Your price breakdown is about right though.

With regards to low serials, it's the belief that AES systems that were manufactured early on in the consoles life had a better time producing a decent video display. Later systems had revised boards and video output was not as good.

That said, later consoles can be easily modified to clean up the display. Some higher serials even had a good display output anyway so the serials issue is a bit of a non-starter really and shouldn't affect the value of a console by much, if at all.

The bean stick is alright, but the original is better. I use mine with my supergun. Lovely thing it is too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

At those sorts of prices, especially for the games, I don't know why you wouldn't go for a Supergun + MVS setup. Much cheaper in the long run and opens up the world of Jamma to you.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    At those sorts of prices, especially for the games, I don't know why you wouldn't go for a Supergun + MVS setup. Much cheaper in the long run and opens up the world of Jamma to you.

Yep. Much more affordable. AES is very nice but I bought a Unibios, installed that to my MVS board and now I get the best of both AES and MVS worlds and can switch the regions.

An AES system would be nice though wouldn't it? C'mon Andrew76, admit it. ;)

Pyongyang wrote: »
    An AES system would be nice though wouldn't it? C'mon Andrew76, admit it. ;)

I guess it comes down to what a system means to each individual - I imagine AES owners value it as much as I would my PCBs or whatever. I always remember seeing pics of it in old games mags and reading reviews thinking it was cool, but when I saw one in the flesh I was quite disappointed to tell the truth. Actually what surprised me most was how light the console and stick were, for some reason I had always imagined they would weight a ton.

MVS 1-slot and some carts and a multi-cart do me fine I guess (the 1-slot can also be hooked up to a cab for some proper arcade Neo Geo fun if you have the means).

• Advertisement

I always remember seeing pics of it in old games mags and reading reviews thinking it was cool.

You mean the old Sheffield Space Centre ad's etc in the back of Super Play and Manga Mania? :D I know, they always looked so enticing. £600 for a game though, or thereabouts. Ridiculous!
    Actually what surprised me most was how light the console and stick were, for some reason I had always imagined they would weight a ton.

That threw me too. They are really light, I love the throw of the stick though. Much better than the revised sticks that came later.

I'm happy out with an MVS setup. More important things to be doing anyway..........like laughing at ondafly's Ketsui scores. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I picked up a fancy walnut consolized mvs last year and its great. But I really do want an AES and plan to pick one up before the summer.

It's just something a collector should really have in my opinion. I mean its cheaper to get the AES than my CMVS but the cost of the games can be a bit high on the AES side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I guess it comes down to what a system means to each individual - I imagine AES owners value it as much as I would my PCBs or whatever. I always remember seeing pics of it in old games mags and reading reviews thinking it was cool, but when I saw one in the flesh I was quite disappointed to tell the truth. Actually what surprised me most was how light the console and stick were, for some reason I had always imagined they would weight a ton.

MVS 1-slot and some carts and a multi-cart do me fine I guess (the 1-slot can also be hooked up to a cab for some proper arcade Neo Geo fun if you have the means).

I'd say these lads are heavy http://www.analogueinteractive.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'd say these lads are heavy http://www.analogueinteractive.com/

Ehh, not as heavy as they look :)
    I think about 2 or 3 KG at most.

Edit:
    And the walnut colour is actually a little lighter when you get it.

Master of the Universe

The weight factor really let me down too. Why do we automatically expect expensive things to be heavy? :pac:

There's one up side to that though, it should help on postage.

I don't like the power switch on it either.

That aside, it's a beautiful looking machine and based purely on aesthetics, one of my favourites.

I've had both an MVS with a supergun and an AES with an MVS adapter simultaniously beside my tv and the AES does look a million times better.

I guess it boils down to how much you're willing to spend on aesthetics. Getting an AES and an MVS adapter is stupidly expensive (I still can't believe I did that when I already had an MVS mobo!) - but sitting alongside two original sticks, it's a sight to behold..especially with a big ugly assed MVS cart sticking out of it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Dunno is someone posted this already, 3DO for 70 on donedeal.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/3019081

Master of the Universe

Factory sealed NES Wild Gunman in Ireland if anyone is interested. It's not worth millions (I'd have bought it now if it was) but definitely worth more than the Buy it Now €40

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NES-WILD-GUNMAN-/220954627929?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3371ec0f59

thats on there a few weeks now, am i right iin saying that its in spanish? I seem to remember seeing that, if not it was another CIB nes game i seen in ireland on there.

Master of the Universe

It's a Spanish one alright. I think a box of sealed Spanish carts must have been found in a factory somewhere as I've seen more of them on ebay.

I'm not too up on Snes PAL rare titles, but this copy of Wild Guns look like it's going to sell for a nice sum -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/wild-guns-/170796560809

And here is one of the ugliest custom spray jobs I've ever seen. (Andrew76, avert your eyes!!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=280837856620&nma=true&rt=nc&si=BgigOGn%252BZ5Z2VbGsRVIWg9m599I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

o1s1n wrote: »

Each to their own and all that but wtf. "Custom Paint" and retro consoles do not go together in my book. That yoke looks like it was left in a kindergarten art class for too long. This chap needs to take that shotgun to it! :pac:

arnold_schwarzenegger_in_kindergarten_cop.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I don't know, in the case of the commodore 64 a respray is sometimes a huge improvement....

specadore05.jpg

850345806_ee76d45c66.jpg

Black sure would go well with the 1541 ultimate...
    hmmm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Specadore???

FFS!
    that's blasphemy!

You cant be messing with Retro Consoles like that!

On the subject of different colours, going to be sending my candy cab off for a winner paint job soon enough. Friend of mine who sprays cars is going to give her a go.

Sticking with the white, but im wondering should I get a little silver fleck going though it?

I think it could give it a lovely little shimmer or would it be a bit gaudy?

I think it could give it a lovely little shimmer or would it be a bit gaudy?

hate_chav_car.jpg
    Jack Burton (Source: Getty Images)

I do love my horizontal striped clothing...I wont lie

Battle Garegga PCB £150 ex shipping over on AO here, knocked down price because there's some wear on the jamma edge he says. Tempted but DX more my cup of tea.

Battle Garegga PCB £150 ex shipping over on AO

YOINK!

;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Nice one Pyong, glad you bought it as if not that'd be an extra €200 making its way to my credit card right now. And I have absolutely no bloody way of playing the thing at the moment!

Any idea which revision it is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement