Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Big test on Monday. *oh, I'll just do like 6 hours study on Sunday!*
    Sunday afternoon. *no point in starting now, I'll never get it all done, I'll just enjoy my evening!*

Am I the only one?

Yes.

Lolz, I iz just kidding. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

A joy most of you will never experience is the orgastic experience of getting out an impossibru applied maths question.:cool:
    I pity thee.:pac:

Nah, but this was my mini-victory post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

What would you all think of someone who got a Harry Potter tattoo? A "friend" (:rolleyes:) has been considering it for a few months now and wants to get it! It's very small and quite subtle, and HP has been an important part of this "friend"'s life for about ten years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'd love to get a Harry Potter tattoo, maybe something small like a snitch! It's a whole pile better than chinese/arabic writing anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Why not? I love me some Potter! :D

At least this person has been influenced (however so small) by these books and they actually mean something to them. One of the Skivvy's in my school got the exact same tattoo as that Tulisa one on X-Factor on her arm, talk about cheap like! :L

• Advertisement

Ally7 wrote: »
    I'd love to get a Harry Potter tattoo, maybe something small like a snitch! It's a whole pile better than chinese/arabic writing anyway :p
    Agreed, and your like 'do you even speak Chinese or anything?' these Chinese tattoos have always reminded me of some Cheap take-away in town somewhere :/ not good for placing forever on your body like! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Mad to get English Paper II back soon to see how the examiner took to the answers from the people in my class. Some have said they wrote very strange things about Plath in their answers (not killing her kids as the 2 of them couldn't fit in the oven with her and that sort of offensive stuff :rolleyes:) our Teacher will go ballistic. She's quite old, and very 'old-school' with her teaching methods, but my God does she know the course! She can recite any poem from our Prescribed poets without even thinking about them :eek:

It's mental like!

Oh dear god, your teacher would hate my paper 2. I just ripped the píss out of Hamlet. Oh god and I'm getting it back tomorrow. It was a good idea at the time, slightly worried now. Whyyy do I have to be so sarcastic?? :(

On another note, I want ye all to make a life decision for me. Nursing or animal science?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I can barely make my own life decisions. :o

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh dear god, your teacher would hate my paper 2. I just ripped the píss out of Hamlet. Oh god and I'm getting it back tomorrow. It was a good idea at the time, slightly worried now. Whyyy do I have to be so sarcastic?? :(

On another note, I want ye all to make a life decision for me. Nursing or animal science?
    Do you like Humans or Animals Better? :P

Was your English Mock sent away?

My sisters in 2nd year Nursing I can ask her a question if you like?

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Is it bad that I LOL'd at that?! :o
    We all did in class, the teacher ate us.

• Advertisement

Do you like Humans or Animals Better? :P

Was your English Mock sent away?

My sisters in 2nd year Nursing I can ask her a question if you like?

I'm going to be really smart here... Humans ARE animals :P heheheh ;) sorry, i had to! :P

Yeah it was! We had our mocks the week before midterm, its the last one I need back, so happy days :)

Ah thanks :) If I think if any I'll let you know! :) Where does she go if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to be really smart here... Humans ARE animals :P heheheh ;) sorry, i had to! :P

Yeah it was! We had our mocks the week before midterm, its the last one I need back, so happy days :)

Ah thanks :) If I think if any I'll let you know! :) Where does she go if you don't mind me asking?
    We had our Mocks 2 weeks before Midterm and we haven't got one paper back! :O.. Did you have DEB?

Yep no problem she goes to Trinity!

I'm aching to get English back, it's just that one exam I have no idea how it went and I'm wondering what the examiner thought of my work.

We had our Mocks 2 weeks before Midterm and we haven't got one paper back! :O.. Did you have DEB?

Yep no problem she goes to Trinity!

You're not serious?? Well we had a mixed bunch, but I'm pretty sure English was a DEB paper, it was the one with
    inspiration
    as the theme (sorry, I'm aware some are still doing their mocks!!) Now I don't think our papers were sent away to DEB correctors, I think our teachers knew people/ friends etc :)

Cool! I was thinking either TCD or UCD but I can't decide :(

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm aching to get English back, it's just that one exam I have no idea how it went and I'm wondering what the examiner thought of my work.
    Me too! I don't know what's up with our Examiners, started on the 31st of Janurary and no sign of any papers back at all! I need to calculate points ffs! :(

I know mocks don't count for anything but I might feel better if i'm within 20/30 points of what I need in August!

Ally7 wrote: »
    Why not? I love me some Potter! :D

At least this person has been influenced (however so small) by these books and they actually mean something to them. One of the Skivvy's in my school got the exact same tattoo as that Tulisa one on X-Factor on her arm, talk about cheap like! :L
    Togepi wrote: »
    I think it's cool if it means something to them.

Personally, I'd love to get a Lion King one.
    Cool! :D Lemme let you in on a little secret, that 'friend' was me! Shock, horror!
    I want to get this:

tumblr_lxgwcbonhZ1qhobgeo1_500.jpg

It's small, easily recognisable by fans and just looks random to non-fans, slightly cliché, and I like how the thickness of the lines isn't consistent so it looks as if it were drawn with a quill.

I'd also love to get a quote from Dumbledore, such an inspirational man!

Cool! :D Lemme let you in on a little secret, that 'friend' was me! Shock, horror!
    I want to get this:

It's small, easily recognisable by fans and just looks random to non-fans, slightly cliché, and I like how the thickness of the lines isn't consistent so it looks as if it were drawn with a quill.

Cool! I had this mental image of a big Harry potter tattoo with wand, broomstick and all! :D

That's class though! Agree with everything you said about fans recognising it etc. And it looks cool aswell like!

You're not serious?? Well we had a mixed bunch, but I'm pretty sure English was a DEB paper, it was the one with
    inspiration
    as the theme (sorry, I'm aware some are still doing their mocks!!) Now I don't think our papers were sent away to DEB correctors, I think our teachers knew people/ friends etc :)

Cool! I was thinking either TCD or UCD but I can't decide :(
    Yep, we started 2 weeks before like! We had mainly all DEB (Irish, English, Maths, French, Music, Geography, Economics) but had Examcraft Business and LCVP.. I hope there'll be some for us tomorrow, do you think there will? So bored of waiting for them like! :/ we need something to motivate us!!

I want to get this:

Clearly I'm not a fan then:D Victory

But yes, that is tonnes better than what I was envisaging. Voldemort's mark thingy...or Harry's glasses permanently on your face:pac:

Yep, we started 2 weeks before like! We had mainly all DEB (Irish, English, Maths, French, Music, Geography, Economics) but had Examcraft Business and LCVP.. I hope there'll be some for us tomorrow, do you think there will? So bored of waiting for them like! :/ we need something to motivate us!!

I know! We started ours on the 30th January and there's no sign of them!

• Advertisement

I really couldn't tell you, sorry :( But I'll have everything crossed for you tomorrow!

If anything, the mocks have shown me how it's really not hard to get a decent Leaving Cert under your belt, so it's making me work harder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I want to get this:

Coeur I love that :) its really cool :)
    Long live harry potter :) :P
    that tattoo makes me want to read it again :) :pac:

I really couldn't tell you, sorry :( But I'll have everything crossed for you tomorrow!

If anything, the mocks have shown me how it's really not hard to get a decent Leaving Cert under your belt, so it's making me work harder :)
    I hope that's what the mocks show me too! Really want 520, need 460 but 520 is just a goal i've set for myself!

Will have to get these grades to get that though: :/

• English: B1
    • Geography: A2
    • Business: A2
    • Economics: B1
    • Music: A2
    • French : B2

Surprisingly, i'd be most worried about getting the B2 in French :/

I hope that's what the mocks show me too! Really want 520, need 460 but 520 is just a goal i've set for myself!

Will have to get these grades to get that though: :/

• English: B1
    • Geography: A2
    • Business: A2
    • Economics: B1
    • Music: A2
    • French : B2

Surprisingly, i'd be most worried about getting the B2 in French :/

Ah I'd love that too :( not going to happen though! :P I'd be happy out with 450 :) (well I'd get the results, say noooooooooo, then realise it ain't too bad :P)

At the start of 6th year I was aiming for around 480. As I started to realise "****, I'm not doign any study", that slowly but surely dropped to my current goal of 420. That hopefully shouldn't be too difficult, the grades I'm aiming for are:
    French: A1
    English: B2
    Irish: C3
    Business: C1
    Biology: C1
    Chemistry: D3

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

At the start of 6th year I was aiming for around 480. As I started to realise "****, I'm not doign any study", that slowly but surely dropped to my current goal of 420. That hopefully shouldn't be too difficult, the grades I'm aiming for are:
    French: A1
    English: B2
    Irish: C3
    Business: C1
    Biology: C1
    Chemistry: D3
    Surely you can do better in Gaeilge?? :eek:

Surely you can do better in Gaeilge?? :eek:
    Dunno, my Irish is quite bad!

Chemistry used to be my favourite subject, but you can see how the tables have turned!

Dunno, my Irish is quite bad!

Chemistry used to be my favourite subject, but you can see how the tables have turned!
    Ahh yeah, heard that the mock was impossible haha :)

Ahh yeah, heard that the mock was impossible haha :)

Oh no, they're the grades I want for the LC haha!

My grades for the mocks should be something like NG, NG, NG, NG, NG, NG and NG.

• Advertisement

Oh no, they're the grades I want for the LC haha!

My grades for the mocks should be something like NG, NG, NG, NG, NG, NG and NG.
    Haha right :pac: You should take Religion, that can't be too hard to pass :P
    I mean look, theres 3 questions! :rolleyes:
    http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2005/LC223ALPO00EV.pdf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement