Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalking

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

+1 to this.

OP, I had a similar situation with an ex a couple of years ago. Here's my advice, and what I wish I did myself.

Don't wait for it to get worse. Go to the Gardai. Don't wait for him to make a photo of you like this one which I got emailed shortly after we broke up without any explanation. I've removed my face, I value my privacy, but you get the idea.

lol wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

jayteecork wrote: »
    lol wtf?

I understand it about as much as anyone here does, to be honest. I'm not particularly pro or anti religion, neither is he. I do like floral dresses...that's about the only link I can make.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

jayteecork wrote: »
    lol wtf?

I second that... Creepy sh*t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

screw with her head for a lol...when she is peeping in your window dress up in women's clothes and pretend to be her.

I understand it about as much as anyone here does, to be honest. I'm not particularly pro or anti religion, neither is he. I do like floral dresses...that's about the only link I can make.

Oh! I meant to add the floral dresses thing is the only link I can make except for the fact that he may have wanted to crucify me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

+1 to this.

OP, I had a similar situation with an ex a couple of years ago. Here's my advice, and what I wish I did myself.

Don't wait for it to get worse. Go to the Gardai. Don't wait for him to make a photo of you like this one which I got emailed shortly after we broke up without any explanation. I've removed my face, I value my privacy, but you get the idea.

That's a wee bit disturbing :eek: hope you got that nutter sorted!

skeptik wrote: »
    That's a wee bit disturbing :eek: hope you got that nutter sorted!

It is fairly odd, yeah. But he sorted himself in the end, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I met them on a night out, met up for a while, then I decided to leave it at that, explained this to them on 3 separate occasion after being guilt tripped by text messages.
    I got messages asking why I hated them ect ect. I explained myself over and over that I didn't and it's just how I wanted things and they seemed to understand this, but then I start receiving the messages and phone calls again and again.
    To give you an example, I had 14 or 16 missed calls last Friday and a few text messages that I shudder to read.
    I sort of need to keep my phone number is the only thing.

Teddy that sucks but I would say this person is not getting the message, you need to send them one last clear message, whether that is a text/in person w/e next time they contact you that you do not want to hear from them again and to stop contacting you and then just never reply to them again. Hopefully they'll get the message, otherwise you might have to look at changing your number, there's not much else you can do when it's just at this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Yellowroses

She followed you to a club? What happened there, if anything? Is she not entitled to go to any club she wants? Just because you were there you persumed that she followed you there?

Anyways, I registered to remain anon and give my two cents and to pick up on a few bits that some posters posted.

Unfortunately, I displayed similiar behaviour in the past with an ex. It was mentioned here last week about dumping people to be 100% honest or it leads to a head wreck.

My ex was a head wreck who did nothing but lie, lie, lie. I put up with this behaviour for a long time, believing him in the hope things would change and go back to the way things were. There came a time when I realised that would not happened. He kept giving empty promises and never following through. He showed absolutely utter disregard towards me and lied to the very end.

That head wreck was like a disease on the brain. I tried so hard to get over it but eventually it got the better of me, I cracked and displayed similiar behaviour to what you have described. I hated it. It wasn't out of revenge. It wasn't stalking. I didn't even want him back. I wanted to give him a headache like what he caused me. I hated that behaviour in me.

All to often men love playing the 'she's a crazy' card without ever taking a look as to what part they played in the failure of the relationship/friendship.

Of course there would be situations where things are completely innoscent and a partner or ex may never be able to handle any form of rejection and snap.

Please and I urge you and also others who find themselves in such a situation to take a look at their part in things. I see all to often when a partner decides things are finished they/he/she just completely blanks the other individual. Fine, if something dreadful happened but if it is just a change of heart, it is absolutely rude and disrespectful. Don't lie when cutting things off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

She followed you to a club? What happened there, if anything? Is she not entitled to go to any club she wants? Just because you were there you persumed that she followed you there?

Anyways, I registered to remain anon and give my two cents and to pick up on a few bits that some posters posted.

Unfortunately, I displayed similiar behaviour in the past with an ex. It was mentioned here last week about dumping people to be 100% honest or it leads to a head wreck.

My ex was a head wreck who did nothing but lie, lie, lie. I put up with this behaviour for a long time, believing him in the hope things would change and go back to the way things were. There came a time when I realised that would not happened. He kept giving empty promises and never following through. He showed absolutely utter disregard towards me and lied to the very end.

That head wreck was like a disease on the brain. I tried so hard to get over it but eventually it got the better of me, I cracked and displayed similiar behaviour to what you have described. I hated it. It wasn't out of revenge. It wasn't stalking. I didn't even want him back. I wanted to give him a headache like what he caused me. I hated that behaviour in me.

All to often men love playing the 'she's a crazy' card without ever taking a look as to what part they played in the failure of the relationship/friendship.

Of course there would be situations where things are completely innoscent and a partner or ex may never be able to handle any form of rejection and snap.

Please and I urge you and also others who find themselves in such a situation to take a look at their part in things. I see all to often when a partner decides things are finished they/he/she just completely blanks the other individual. Fine, if something dreadful happened but if it is just a change of heart, it is absolutely rude and disrespectful. Don't lie when cutting things off either.

It seems she has found you Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

MBNA trying a different tactic now? Poetry and whatnot...

Yes it is me Ted!

Don't you fcuking he'll dare rat me out to the gardai. I want closure. Give it to me. I will not be ignored.

Oh yeah, get yourself tested for Std's. I'm riddled with them. Probably from you I picked them up from.

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'm riddled with STD's,
    And so are you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Aquila wrote: »
    Oh i know what its like to be stalked,especially an unregistered person who without fail every day keeps a close eye on my account!
    Same. It's fcuking tragic.
    I met them on a night out, met up for a while, then I decided to leave it at that, explained this to them on 3 separate occasion after being guilt tripped by text messages.
    I got messages asking why I hated them ect ect. I explained myself over and over that I didn't and it's just how I wanted things and they seemed to understand this, but then I start receiving the messages and phone calls again and again.
    To give you an example, I had 14 or 16 missed calls last Friday and a few text messages that I shudder to read.
    I sort of need to keep my phone number is the only thing.
    Whoa there horsey. Stage 10 clinger right there. People like that don't like the loss of control over you, and come up with all kinds of dramatic shyte in a bid for your attention. Next step is the 'Im going to kill my myself' gig.

Ignore all calls and texts, and as another poster said - start making a diary of this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

silly wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had, well basically it's beginning to seem like stalking.
    I'm getting constant texts every day. They ring my phone time and time again and then text me asking why I never answer. I've explained to them 3 times now in person. I'm receiving very weird messages of poetry. I've been followed to a nightclub. It's getting beyond obsessive. I was woken up in the middle of the night last night at 4am with phone calls.
    I don't want to have to change my number but I might have to. Luckily they don't know my exact address.
    What can you do in these situations? I'm really getting sick of it.
    Do you know the person or is it completely anonymous?

Why do you say "they"

Edit. Meant for op

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This just got interesting.

*Slips back into shadows*

You are a rude, obnoxious man Ted,
    I'm a clucking hen that needs to wed,
    I want to have your babies,
    No looking at other ladies,
    You love me and that's what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Pity it wasn't someone funny who re-regged...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

That was crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

This just got interesting.

*Slips back into shadows*

You would make a terrible stalker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Has anyone ever had, well basically it's beginning to seem like stalking.
    I'm getting constant texts every day. They ring my phone time and time again and then text me asking why I never answer. I've explained to them 3 times now in person. I'm receiving very weird messages of poetry. I've been followed to a nightclub. It's getting beyond obsessive. I was woken up in the middle of the night last night at 4am with phone calls.
    I don't want to have to change my number but I might have to. Luckily they don't know my exact address.
    What can you do in these situations? I'm really getting sick of it.

Never heard of a pity shag?

I think it's time...

I know it's valentines day but really that's a bit sad. I feel sorry for you. Get a life.

I'm really not Ted's stalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

......or you know, blast them with piss.

+1 to this.

Maybe he was a big fan of Madonna and didnt know how to express it

I'm really not Ted's stalker

We know who you are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

I had a similar situation a few years ago. One drunken fumbling and months of deleting my full inbox daily, missed calls, etc. The main thing is to stop replying! I know it would drive you mad and you just want to yell down the phone at them to feckoff but don't! These types crave attention of any kind. By the way, i still get the occasional message asking how i am. Haven't replied in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Your inbox was filled daily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ted! Still kicking? They haven't gone Sweeney Todd on you have they.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Actually I have been here and it is $hit.

You need to send a message saying "stop contacting me, I will not ask you again. If you continue, I will take all evidence of your harassment to the police".

Keep a log of everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Seriously is this shít really common or are people blowing things out of proportion? e.g. OMG he left another message on my Facebook... STALKER

Advertisement