Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

bluewolf wrote: »
    those are pretty nice, i tried them once

still, cant beat normal pancakes with some golden syrup...

if we had any id make some right now :pac:

Pssshhh golden syrup. Real Canadian Maple is the only way to go :p

I got this from wikipedia and I'm feeling hopeful
    In Canada, among Anglicans, Lutherans, some other Protestant denominations, including ethnic British communities, as well as Catholics, this day is also known as Pancake Tuesday, as it is customary to eat pancakes.
    In Newfoundland and Labrador small tokens are frequently cooked in the pancakes. Children take delight in discovering the objects, which are intended to be divinatory. For example, the person who receives a coin will be wealthy; a nail that they will be (or marry) a carpenter, and such.

Waiting on campus for my group to arrive to work on an assignment, someone better bring donuts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

no syrup but we do have honey

hm :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

@ almostnever - that is so true!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Heh, my friend just sent me this. So true! :p

409055_10151279592465534_567605533_23096230_141544876_n.jpg

Hah, shared with my whole law class!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm going to make oat pancakes this year.

They're nommy. My little dude loves whole-wheat pancakes...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i found syrup and eated all the pancakes :o:cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    i found syrup and eated all the pancakes :o:cool:

racherbunny-albums-some-pictures-picture5398-pancake-bunny.jpg

suppose i should do some cello and then more study
    sigh!

my ear hurts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

krudler wrote: »
    is Ireland the only country where eating pancakes on any other day than pancake tuesday met with "sure you cant eat them its not pancake tuesday!" pancakes are just normal breakfast food everywhere else lol not the once a year delicacy they're seen as here. If you want pancakes, eat pancakes!

I dont think I've ever typed the word pancakes so many times in one paragraph..
    I think we are one of the few places where pancakes are a delicacy. It's what makes Ireland special! :o
    I try not to have pancakes from the new year until Pancake Tuesday because by the time it's Pancake Tuesday the pancakes taste amazing because I haven't had them for ages!! I love making pancakes and more importantly EATING pancakes. Nom nom.

(ones from Lemon don't count though because they're crepes.. OKAY.) :p

I like making small American style pancakes and cutting a wedge out of the side to make 'pac-cakes'. :pac: :pac:

Hahahahaha :pac::pac::pac:

6a00d83452456569e20133ed22db85970b-800wi

Lads I really need to study. Currently I'm going through all 4500 posts in the post your pet thread and thanking them all. I'm also PMing a guy about how to get a pet snail.

Disaster of a student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hmmm...I like how this version has taken the cake obsession and added a pancake obsession...soooo on that note, here's one I found on the net. It's a pancake cake!

pancake_cake_9673%5B2%5D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Lads I really need to study. Currently I'm going through all 4500 posts in the post your pet thread and thanking them all. I'm also PMing a guy about how to get a pet snail.

Disaster of a student.

I am now looking through that thread. From the beginning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Disaster of a student.

just like Spongebob, awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Hate when you run a bath, and it's too hot to get into but you brave it, get comfortable and all of a sudden it's cold. :(

Also Kian Egan is a jerk -- too bad he wasn't such a big man in his little sissy band

Hate when you run a bath, and it's too hot to get into but you brave it, get comfortable and all of a sudden it's cold. :(
    That always happens me! :rolleyes:
    Now I try and make sure I have some hot water left before I get into the bath and not to run the hot tap until it's cold! Having to get out of a nice bath because it's gone cold sucks! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Also Kian Egan is a jerk -- too bad he wasn't such a big man in his little sissy band

I am usually a shower girl, but on the odd occasion when I have a bath, I do find it difficult to get the temperature just right. Too hot and I want to hop straight back out, cause I get overheated, too cold and I also want to hop straight back out and into my beloved shower. By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else think that the bath bombs in Lush are just way off the clock price wise? 4 or 5 Euro for one bath? They have to be joking. I'll stick to my bottle of Radox or epsom salts thank you!

I love my baths. Chilling out with my candles and radox :) then into a nice shower afterwards because the idea of washing in water I was lying in is kinda ikkky.... Emmersion is on so am waiting for the hot water to hurry up and come back

Also lush sucks. Anytime I use lush I break out in hives

aristocat wrote: »
    By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else think that the bath bombs in Lush are just way off the clock price wise? 4 or 5 Euro for one bath? They have to be joking. I'll stick to my bottle of Radox or epsom salts thank you!
    Also lush sucks. Anytime I use lush I break out in hives
    Not just the bath bombs. EVERYTHING in Lush is a ludicrous price. I was looking at gift sets there before and it was €20 for a shower gel and a soap. Unreal!! :eek:
    They seem very heavily perfumed so would be very strong, especially if you have any way sensitive skin, Storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

My internet connection is so funky today. Really annoying. Love the pancake photos!

• Advertisement

My skin is ridiculously sensitive, but back in the days I thought lush was supposed to be soooo good for your skin.. Nah.

Walking past lush shops with morning sickness is the worst ever. I used to cross the street for fear of puking

I don't mind 'Lush' in small doses. But the smell out if the Lush shop on Grafton Street always turns my stomach. Waaaay to strong, especially in the morning- I can't imagine what getting a lungful of that when you have morning sickness would be like! *puke*

My skin is ridiculously sensitive, but back in the days I thought lush was supposed to be soooo good for your skin.. Nah.

Walking past lush shops with morning sickness is the worst ever. I used to cross the street for fear of puking

I just wonder how the assistants work there....do they not end up with a splitting headache every evening? The smell is quite overpowering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Myself and my OH have a long running joke that the reason the Lush sales people are so chirpy is coz they are totally out of it on the fumes :p

I like some of their products, especially their exfoliating bar (can't remember the name) but their soaps leave my skin kinda dry.

Just made a lovely roast dinner, was delishhh! :D

Ima gonna sound like a complete cheap skate but I love soap and glory for body products!!

Ima gonna sound like a complete cheap skate but I love soap and glory for body products!!

Soap and Glory are great! Totaly love them. Good price point too. Am really into body butters at the moment because of central heating drying my skin. The body butter in the S & G range is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

aristocat wrote: »
    I just wonder how the assistants work there....do they not end up with a splitting headache every evening? The smell is quite overpowering.
    I worked in a shop similar to Lush once and the first few days were painful. It smelled nice but it felt like you weren't getting enough air or something. Got used to it after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Going to chance a shower. I feel like once I stand up my knees will fold and I'll pass out or something but I feel absolutely disgusting and need to shower anyway. Wish I could take tomorrow off, it's going to be hellish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yay it's the weekend! Pj's and tv with my mom, the kitten, the dog and the boyfriend tonight, then feck about a few shops tomorrow and then going for a rosemantic dinner tomorrow night, I love my out of sync with the world weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Just had my now weekly "hell on earth" dinner. I timed the dinner wrong meaning that one of my "guests" was able to neck more wine before food and ended up drunkenly ranting for the last hour.:(

So tired now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement