Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

My dog chewed through three pairs of my glasses and my recorder, but the boldest thing she did was just after she got a bath, went outside, somehow found cow s**t and rolled gleefully in it. eugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

That mass story has got me thinking and reminiscing about that dog, I'm smiling here remembering the time our next door neighbour popped in to our house for a chat and while she was sitting with my mother, in walked our dog with a full freshly cooked ham the neighbour had left on her kitchen table to cool.
    We got that dog when I was 5 and I took him for his last visit to the vet when I was 21 and in those years he made an enemy of every adult in the village with his antics (the kids loved him though) :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ppink wrote: »
    Another thread made me remember this.
    When I was a kid our dog followed us to mass quite a few times, on one occasion he peed on the pulpit as the priest was giving a reading, the priest then asked an altar boy to remove him and our lovely untrained and quite feisty fella started barking at him and running amok around the altar.

Eventually the man who looked after the church came out and managed to catch him and carry him out by the collar.
    All through this my mother was too embarassed to do anything, she whispered at us to pretend he wasn't ours and sat tutting and shaking her head with the rest of the congregation.
    Oh how I loved that dog. :)

:D :Dthats brilliant

That's SO oirish!!!! Real Father Ted stuff!! Terrible, but Brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Woke up to this a few weeks ago, all I could do was laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ABEasy wrote: »
    Woke up to this a few weeks ago, all I could do was laugh!

aaaaaWW; she must have have got locked in; poor dog : ) she looks joke she knows she's in trouble!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

got dolly a lovely new bed recently. first night i tried it there was a bit of crying but eventually it stopped so i thought everything was ok... i got up the next morning to dolly sleeping on the floor in the hallway and the biggest smelliest poop on the middle of the cushion in the brand new bed!

to look at her you would thing butter wouldnt melt but she's a smelly messy staffie monster :D

178138.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

let me think. my yorkie cross is 9 now. her antics include: shredding holes in the bottom of TWO doors with her teeth. whole chunks off the doors. ripping up lino in the hall. eating anything she can get her hands on, she will pull bins down, go into bags, climb on furniture to try and get to stuff. she has stuck her head in my teacup on many an occasion. and once she managed to get to a plastic pot of pills, chewed it to bits and ended up in the vet.

my collie cross is 11. she isn't too bad anymore, although sometimes when she comes in she is hyper and grabs a shoe thinking its her toy and starts flinging it around the room. lots of shoes with teeth marks. she also likes tissues (they both like nailfiles!) when she was younger it snowed and stupid me left my good new school shoes in the hall overnight cos they were snowlogged. got up the next morning to find them chewed to bits. she also used to love robbing knickers and running into the garden with them. lately she has peed on my bed and crapped on the floor a couple times, not sure if this is down to her age or what, cos she was always very good.

have 3 cats now. monsters. one of them used to take crap out of the litterbox and play with it (they are provided with ample toys), she has stopped now but the young one does it instead. all my door frames have been demolished. the boy cat we had had him a week when he decided to eat mams plant. little did we know that lilys are toxic to cats and the poor chap ended up at the vet.

and my old cat tiny (rip) when he was a kitten he was a monster. got into the piano, legged it into nettles so i got stung trying to get him back, and went behind and into the back of the fridge. when mam lifted the fridge his tail (curled round the side) came too so mam thought he had got in where the motor was and fried himself, nope he got into a cavity at the side!!!

pets eh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

This is what I came home to today, having left them on their own for a whole hour!!! :eek: Buddy went straight to the cage(he didnt actually do it), Izzy stood there wanting a rub as if to say oh look at the nice hole I made for you!

So I began to give out to her and she then cried, dogs, ya gotta love em!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

JJ the cat pissed in my handbag :rolleyes:

What a pet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

garkane wrote: »
    This is what I came home to today, having left them on their own for a whole hour!!! :eek: Buddy went straight to the cage(he didnt actually do it), Izzy stood there wanting a rub as if to say oh look at the nice hole I made for you!

So I began to give out to her and she then cried,
    dogs, ya gotta love em!!

My destructo-pup does the same. She KNOWS when she's been bold, jumps/runs into her bed with the tail doing a passable impression of a drum machine (thump thump thump) they whines when i start giving out followed by jumping up to try to lick my hand/face....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ruana

My friend's mum and dad recently got a retired guide dog, an absolute beauty of a lab. My friend called round soon after they got him and his mum went to make tea and sandwiches. Sparky had followed her into the kitchen and she left him for less than a minute to ask the boys in the other room if they wanted sugar in their tea, when she came back Sparky had his paws up on the bench and was quietly thieving the sandwiches off the plate. She scolded him and said she had never seen such a shocked looking dog in her life. Obviously he had been getting away with it for years the sneaky devil! :D Apparently he's gorgeous though and a real intelligent oul fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

My dog peed in the kitchen last night,right beside the couch he sleeps on. Funny thing is didn't even notice when I got up as he had knocked my favourite silk cushion off the couch onto the floor to cleverly disguise the puddle of pee! Ahhhh! So cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have the oddest feeling that the worst is yet to come...

We had the landlord leave an old settee he was going to chuck out; stacked the cushions separately to avoid damage and now the bones of the couch are laid bare..

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

I inherited Bella from my Dad when he died and she was agreat dog, no problems but she did like to eat things out of bins in the house, especially tissues. Anyway, one weekend I had my (ex) mother in law to stay. She was in the bedroom right next door and so after we'd been really quiet and finished the old 'who began it' we wrapped the condom in a tissue and put it in the bedroom bin, rather than risk waking her up by flushing it down the loo as was normal practice. Woke up the next morning, mother in law already up and about. I walked out onto the landing to see last night's condom on the floor, slap bang in the middle of the carpet. I was mortified and realised that Bella had wandered into the bedroom during the night, grabbed the tissue and eaten it on the landing, leaving the condom behind. God knows what the mother in law thought we were up to. She might have slipped on it and gone headlong down the stairs :D Nothing was ever said.

My Buddy boy (RIP) got hold of a tube of acrylic paint - panicked at first and thought he'd cut his mouth open on something but then couldn't stop laughing. Luckily no damage done to himself.

Another time i spent ages making gingercake stuffing for the turkey one Christmas. Boyfriend didn't think much of it and neither did Stan and Buddy when on Christmas day night they undid the oven door, removed the turkey, broke the antique platter it was on and ate everything except the stuffing. Woke up on St. Stephen's morning to find a pile of stuffing and turkey bones on their blankets on the kitchen floor.

Stan is adept at finding greenish coloured cow afterbirths and bringing them home to eat in front of me. Never seems to bother him. He also used to cross the fields to the next house and steal all the footballs from the little fella there. He used to pop them so I could never return them. Luckily we moved before he was caught.

One of the cats brought home a baby hare once. It made an awful crying/screaming noise when she had it. Rushed it to the vet but it was grand, just a bit shocked and I took it home and released it again.

Mary, our oldest cat can open cupboard doors and sometimes she sits half opening the door and letting it bang closed again. She also enjoys scratching on the back door to come in and then running off when you go to open it. Repaeat process ad infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

One day i drove my wifes car in to get diesel, took the dog with me, anyway after filling the tank i decided to check the tyre pressure, i went around from tyre to tyre and when finished tried to get back into the car but the little sh1t had stood on the central locking button !!!!!!!!

Couldnt get through on the phone to my wife so there i stood for over half an hour like a fool tapping at the window trying to get her to stand on that darned button again.........

Golden rule, always remove keys from ignition when dog is left in car..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My cat Beau has just got back from the vets after a three day stay and under vets orders he has to be kept inside for the next 5 days which he's absolutely hating! Our little 6 month old kitten Vogue is being kept separated from him until he is better so that she doesn't accidentally hurt him, hes in the kitchen, shes in the garage. The kitten hasn't been allowed outside yet so it wasn't an option to leave her out. I'm always nervous letting my cats outside for the first time :(

At 2am this morning, just a few minutes ago, as I was heading to bed I heard some banging and scratching noises. I thought it was just Beau protesting to get outside so I ignored it, then I went back to the sitting room to get something and I heard the noises again but louder. I turned on the front door light outside and saw something dark moving on the step through the glass so I opened the door and in waltzes my kitten! She just made her little chirping noise and walked casually into the house! Thankfully she is perfectly fine, god only knows how long she was wondering around outside, the little brat :mad::D need to figure out now how she opened the garage door, I've got a feeling my Labrador Frankie had something to do with it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My mum's Golden Lab goes all 'blinky' when he's done something wrong. And he always knows! The tail starts wagging in small short bursts and he can't look at you properly.

He tore apart a shopping freezer bag in the kitchen last week and when my mum found it she said in a mock shocked voice, "Oh! Oh, Billy!....WHO did that?" Cue the wagging, and the blinking...and then the poor dog actually pissed himself :o

He reminds me a bit of Denver! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Private Piles

About 4 years ago this dog chewed his way through the front side panel of a Toyota Avensis.

Garage said they had never seen anything like it.

He was chasing rats and mice up under the wheels and then trying to chew his way through the metal to get at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

the friends rabbit!
    They took out the rabbit to introduce it to the dog and YOMP! no more bugsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

My "darling" of a cat is a real handful, kitchen counter is his promenade and he won't be stopped, he climbs the curtains and has shredded the wallpaper all over the house. The worst thing of all though.........so far, was my shopping bags. I fold them up when I've unpacked, and put them all in the biggest bag until I'm going shopping again. I didn't realise until the next time I was packing up at the window in Aldi's that yer man had been doing a bit more than jumping in and out of the bags in play. I had no choice but to use them but OMG, did those either side at the window actually think that smell was me?!!! I love the big rip but if I could have got my hands on him at that moment he'd have been renamed "meteor cat" 'cos he was "going to the moon"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    the friends rabbit!

That's funny in a way, was it a poor child that owned the rabbitt?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    the friends rabbit!

By contrast, when my brother introduced his Jack Russell pup to his rabbits, the dog was afraid of the rabbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Oh Dexter has chewed many things in his one and a half years;
    a pair of wellies,
    computer leads and chargers,
    his own water bowl,
    two front door mats,
    socks,
    runners,
    flower pots and every flower I have every planted has been dug up,
    he also has come back to the house with hot water bottles, bird houses, dolls, Christmas hats, big bows....
    We like in the middle of nowhere so I don't know where he gets them.
    He's a Golden Retriever and I love him to bits and one look at his little face melts my heart :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 home from home pets

pooped in my husbands shoe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My new dog within a week of having her chewed my fiancees passport was that of way saying try nd leave me now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

RubyGirl wrote: »
    That's funny in a way, was it a poor child that owned the rabbitt?

Ya, it happened so quick and the dog was gone with what was left she didn't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Russ is always pulling clothes off the line if he's outside alone, normally brings them around the garden and they have to be washed again. No problem. Until he decided to eat a corner of a jersey that was special to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

My dog kenny ate the ham I had cooked to have with cabbage I sliced it up and thought it was safe then one of the kids asked me to do something and then got back and he had eating everything he took one look at me and ran in to the kids room and got in to his hiding spot under the 6 yr olds bed
    Mittens our cat decided to pee on my bed, noticed at 4 in the morning after the Super Bowl striped the bed and had a crummy little single duvet to sleep under

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I will forget some, Herman our 10 year old boxer has done the following,
    Emptied the fridge, and ate and drank everything, Licked the butter tub clean, smashed a bottle of wine and licked it off he floor, burst several cans of beer and cleaned them up to. This was in one day when he was a pup and we where in work.
    Left him in the kitchen while we when food shopping, came home to see his little head looking out the sitting room window, he had disconnected the cables from the back of the tv and DVD player.
    Removed paint from doors, chewed skirting boards (removed them first).
    Ate mouse poison...
    All above in his first year.
    Can home the other week to find the recycle bin knocked over and emptied, took me over an hour to clean it all up.

TBH we could have been mad as hell with him, but one look into his little face and all gets forgiven, strange that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

My dog ate the christmas cake two days before christmas.
    I came down in the morning to find him cowering to get out the back door.
    Just aswell i don't like it....

Advertisement