Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

b318isp wrote: »
    Have a look at the guides on the site. There is a fixed monthly cycle (google the graph). Fuel is $50 on the 25th at 11pm Irish time. From time to time there is also random really cheap fuel - I believe there was a $5 or $10 price last week for example.

Thanks for that, there is a Spreadaheet available on the AM forum, on Fuel cycles but cannot seem to get it to open. Will google the graph. Guess in the meantime keep fuel purchases to min, I have only 4 aircraft and cannot expand as the increase will use up what fuel I have lefticon9.gif

Decisions..... Decisions....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Hedge your fuel only when it's cheap - aim to buy only when it is $400 (or less). However, if you need it urgently, buy it at up to $1200.

That said, I think that you will always earn more from a flight than it will cost in fuel (at any price).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I went to bed, forgot completely about it, damn!

Same here, phone was charging and the little fuel window took an age to load. By the time it had, it was too late and it'd jumped to $3000...:rolleyes:

http://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/show_post.php?topicid=15645

Here is a link for the Monthly Table for Fuel prices if anyone is interested. Cheap fuel Sun $400 @ 2pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Griffair starting back up operations later this evening. Flights will commence from our Sydney hub. One trillion in the bank and full fuel ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Hehe, I might start playing this again :) got 100 a380's without asigneed route :D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Just started a few routes out of Sligo with some Saab 340's and a kingair :)

Just started a few routes out of Sligo with some Saab 340's and a kingair

Whats your Airline,will keep a look out for u;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone else ever get 10 pax points in one go? Just happened me there a minute ago, normally only get 5 per time I get them, was a nice surprise!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone else ever get 10 pax points in one go? Just happened me there a minute ago, normally only get 5 per time I get them, was a nice surprise!

There are certain milestones that are worth more than others (e.g. your first 100,000 passengers-250,000 passengers-500,000 passengers-1,000,000 passengers, your first 1000 staff, your 1000th flight etc etc etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Wasn't a milestone at all, was flying ten flights at a time, and got 10 points, where I'd normally ever get 5 as a bonus

Wasn't a milestone at all, was flying ten flights at a time, and got 10 points, where I'd normally ever get 5 as a bonus

You normally get the 5 every x number of passengers (think it could be 1000?) maybe you hit a larger cumulative target as a result of the 10 flights you got off?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Whats your Airline,will keep a look out for u;)

Kilglass Air :)

Heathrow2 Air if anyone wants to invest :D $285.40 atm, up $1.50 today - gonna buy 10 A380s tomorrow, so should go up 5 or 10 $

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Heathrow2 Air if anyone wants to invest :D $285.40 atm, up $1.50 today - gonna buy 10 A380s tomorrow, so should go up 5 or 10 $

Just bought the maximum 200k allowed (I'm Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines btw!) plus a whole lot of small newby airlines. This is my first foray into the stock market part of the game after nearly 4 months playing daily. I do wish they'd offer a finance or leasing option which would make it more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Fuel @ $15!

donvito99 wrote: »
    Fuel @ $15!

Missed it :(

How did I miss that? I was on it this morning at that time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Griffair have taking over the troubled hungarian airline Malav. The deal was completed today for an undisclosed sum. Griffair will inherit some 737-600, 737-800 and two 767 aircraft. The remaining aircraft in the old Malev fleet will be returned off lease. Griffair currently operate a fleet of 103 aircraft all based at their busy Sydney hub. Griffair CEO said today all staff working for malev will keep their jobs and Malev will now be known as Griffair Malev. A new board has been appointed and a new Griffair malev will be created. Griffair said their 10 737-800 aircraft stored since last year in the US, will enter service with the newly formed company.

Meanwhile in a seperate announcement Griffair announced daily profits up 15% to 329 million today. Griffair is fastly becoming Australias most popular airline with over 80 destinations from Sydney. CEO Joe Griffin however warned that rising oil prices and competition from Qantas and Australian Airlines will see a lower profit forcast for the whole year.

Route Network (Including Griffair Malev)

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=100001561982200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Just started Airline manager there on facebook. Can someone give me a quick guide what to do. I am a bit lost

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Just started Airline manager there on facebook. Can someone give me a quick guide what to do. I am a bit lost

Sell your Boeing 737 and buy a few Dassault Mercures, set them on routes close to their maximum 1,700kms range with maximum 99% load demand, fly them as often as possible, rinse repeat, add more mercures until you have around 200, hedge your fuel when it is at $400 and brim the tanks when it is at $50 on the 25th of each month at 11pm Irish Winter time. Once you have enough in your fleet start catering as it adds to your PAX points score which you will need later on for cargo ops and to "buy" additional planes and options.

Anyone else find the servers on it extremely slow the last few days, I often have to reload the screen and click "start routes" several times to get them to go. Happening on the iPhone, PC and laptop so it has to be an AM issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Im based in Dublin, how do I add a new hub?

Stinicker wrote: »
    Anyone else find the servers on it extremely slow the last few days, I often have to reload the screen and click "start routes" several times to get them to go. Happening on the iPhone, PC and laptop so it has to be an AM issue.

Yeah, I thought it was my internet, cos its been throttled down to a crap speed - been annoying alright!

Have a look at the Game guides & Game Help in the 'Boards' section of Airline Manager
    Here is a link to Fast track game guides

http://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/show_post.php?topicid=18848

Lads and ladies, could ye do me a favour - I need someone o invest another 50,000 shares in my airline Heathrow2 Air s that I can get my 800,000 share achievement

$400 fueld atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Lads and ladies, could ye do me a favour - I need someone o invest another 50,000 shares in my airline Heathrow2 Air s that I can get my 800,000 share achievement

50000 shares now bought for ya.

100,000 bought from you. I'm Airlingus by the way :-)

90000 bought :)

• Advertisement

Thanks lads! Got the achievement!

Advertisement