Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I've been trying to help a guy on another forum to find out what this song is to no avail and now it's starting to bug me. All we know is that it seems to be from the early to mid-90's and it's an American indie-rock band. I've tried Googling whatever song lyrics I can make out and he tried using Shazaam but got no results. If there's any older members here with a good memory of the 90's it would be great if you could help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Can anyone tell me the ad on the current budweiser ad?
    The ad has stuff to do with a festival/concert
    The music is sorta fast indie rock

Cheers,
    Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Cheers,
    Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Right, here's one for you.

I've been trying to track down this song ever since I first heard it on the a tape that my dad had sometime between 1985 and 1995. It was a very upbeat rock n roll song, most likely American, but not 100%.

It contained a line that had the word "highway" in it, and may have mentioned "going along the highway" or something similar.

Have searched high and low for said tape, but it's nowhere to be found. I attribute my road from sh|te through to rock n roll, to hard rock and finally to metal, on that one song :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Trying to think of this song I heard a while back
    Was mainly keyboards, think its a modern enough song.Dont think there was any vocals in it.
    The music video featured a text conversation between a broken up couple where one of them is moving away and the other wants to get back together. In the background it shows a car travelling through a city , like from a google streetview perspective.
    Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

livinsane wrote: »
    Hi, Im looking for the name of a song for somone. Ive never heard it. All I know is that the video is of a naked man and a naked woman beside him. He's facing to the front and she's facing to the back. As he is singing, illustrations are appearing on his body. There are male and female vocals in the song, like they are singing to each other.

Thanks for any help!

Any chance its this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

the_syco wrote: »
    Right, here's one for you.

I've been trying to track down this song ever since I first heard it on the a tape that my dad had sometime between 1985 and 1995. It was a very upbeat rock n roll song, most likely American, but not 100%.

It contained a line that had the word "highway" in it, and may have mentioned "going along the highway" or something similar.

Have searched high and low for said tape, but it's nowhere to be found. I attribute my road from sh|te through to rock n roll, to hard rock and finally to metal, on that one song :D

could it be "Working on the Highway" from Springsteen's Born in The USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

eskimocat wrote: »
    Any chance its this one?
    That's gotta be it, too many similarities. Its for a fella at work so will show him tomorrow. Savage song anyway. Thank you.

...Checked with him today - definitely it.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

matt.finn wrote: »

Cheers,
    Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hope you guys can help, I thought it was a song by the french band Air because it sounds so much like it but it's a new song out, not quite pop but i'd say it's getting radio play. It's a robot voice and the only words i can think of is "How i feel" or "How I'm feeling".

It's kind of going for a transcendent /spacey sound, I don't know much about music terms but it's good and I don't have enough knowledge to apply to a google search. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 acbs

Hi, can anyone tell me the name of a song always played on spin that has the lyrics 'this life is taking up time and energy' 'simple release is what i need' or something to that effect! It has an irish guy rapping in it too... Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Hope you guys can help, I thought it was a song by the french band Air because it sounds so much like it but it's a new song out, not quite pop but i'd say it's getting radio play. It's a robot voice and the only words i can think of is "How i feel" or "How I'm feeling".

It's kind of going for a transcendent /spacey sound, I don't know much about music terms but it's good and I don't have enough knowledge to apply to a google search. Thanks.

I doubt this is it but....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I've been trying to help a guy on another forum to find out what this song is to no avail and now it's starting to bug me. All we know is that it seems to be from the early to mid-90's and it's an American indie-rock band. I've tried Googling whatever song lyrics I can make out and he tried using Shazaam but got no results. If there's any older members here with a good memory of the 90's it would be great if you could help me out.

Flaming lips?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Rud wrote: »
    I doubt this is it but....

Yea that makes sense, but I actually found it last night. After a lot of searching my brain, I realised it was Kavinsky "Nightcall". Class song. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

There a rock song with the lyrics I think that are ''I'll never be'' or maybe ''I'll never do''. Anywho I never is repeated numerous times throughout the chorus.

It sounds fairly modern, maybe past 10 years? It's a rock song if that helps and was played on i102i104 at about one o'clock today.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I can't help but think I've heard this before, and really want to use it for a video I'm doing.

Anyone know what it is? I get a feeling it's famous piano music.

I tried posting in After Hours but was advised that this is the place to put it. I just thought there would be more people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

could it be "Working on the Highway" from Springsteen's Born in The USA?
    About the right time and all, but the music doesn't sound like it. Thanks for posting, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Flaming lips?
    I have most of their albums and I'm nearly certain it's not them. There is a strong vocal similarity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

This one is an old one. Its rock either from 70's or 80's I'd say. Lyrics go like this or similar.
    'take off your shoes you got nothing to lose this whole house start spreading the blues, the house is rockin rollin'. The best I can come up with:(

Anyone?

This one is an old one. Its rock either from 70's or 80's I'd say. Lyrics go like this or similar.
    'take off your shoes you got nothing to lose this whole house start spreading the blues, the house is rockin rollin'. The best I can come up with:(

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plug wrote: »

Anyone?

Stevie Ray Vaughan - 'This House is Rockin''

spurious wrote: »
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - 'This House is Rockin''
    Thats the one, thanks.

35 when he died, jasus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Does anybody know the name of the song in the ad for that "One day" film for HMV that's on the telly at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

Being new to the thread, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but there are websites you can to to sing a portion of the melody of a song, and it can often tell you what song it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I heard this on in a store today in Dublin I've forgotten most of the lyrics but it had some religious imagery. Moses was definately mentioned, there were also "reach" and "teach", could have been about reaching god. It reminded me a little bit of Son of A Peeacher Man with those lyrics but it was a much more modern sounding song.

Any ideas? I really want to hear it again.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I heard this on in a store today in Dublin I've forgotten most of the lyrics but it had some religious imagery. Moses was definately mentioned, there were also "reach" and "teach", could have been about reaching god. It reminded me a little bit of Son of A Peeacher Man with those lyrics but it was a much more modern sounding song.

Any ideas? I really want to hear it again.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks, I'm wondering if you can help me. I don't listen to much of what's in the charts so I'm kinda snookered in trying to figure out who and what this song is.

I've caught some of a chorus lately and it sounds catchy. The singer sounds like Kylie Minogue (the shame I know) but I'm not sure if it is her. Anywhoo all I know of the chorus is the lady is singing something that sounds And Iiiiiiiiiii love you-ou-ou-ou-OU............ it's dragged out a bit and raises in pitch towards the end.

Does that make sense to anyone? Do you have any idea which song I'm talking about? I think it's a fairly recent release.

Edit: I think I remember part of the chorus. It might be something like:

'I believe in love, I believe in love, I believe in love, I believe in you'.

Oh the shame of it, it is Kylie:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I need a song. Its from last year. An Irish group, the video takes place in Dublin on the streets. Really upbeat, electronic beats...some words are "no i won't worry". Think its in an ad now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the song off the new Vodafone ad to do with their broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

what the name of the song that sound like MGMT"KIDS" skipping at the start?

Advertisement