Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

missbelle wrote: »
    Message received earlier...
    "kitchen table, kitchen counter, up against the wall or the shower? pick one!! >:)"
    :rolleyes: :p

On the plus side, think I may have me a coffee date this weekend with a nice guy I've been chatting to the last week or so Yay
    :D

WOuld like to say they usually balance out.. but that wouldn't be true... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Ive been chatting to a guy back and forth who first contacted me last night. Seems nice, interesting and can form a full sentence no txt spk :D Anyway so he asked me out for a drink/coffee and we agreed maybe this weekend....but Im not really attracted to his photos :o but since we are getting on in our messages I just thought why not meet him :confused: but cant help but feeling Id be wasting both our times since im not really into his photos......ugh I feel like a horrible person!

Also somebody else mentioned the coffee date earlier, must admit their not my favourite much prefer a few alcoholic drinks just feels much more relaxed. The plus side on the coffee date is if its going pear shaped you can leave after the one drink :P

Worth giving a coffee date a go, Ammsy.
    The last date I went on was with a guy I had good banter with in the messages, but wasn't sure if I was madly attracted to his photos. It turned out that the photos didn't do him justice, he was v cute, and had a lovely personality :)
    Unfortunately, only had two dates, and then nothing, so mustn't have been reciprocated on his part! but still glad I met him ;)

Larianne wrote: »
    WOuld like to say they usually balance out.. but that wouldn't be true... :pac:

Yes, Larianne.
    I haven't been on a date in a few months :o yet had a lot of strange messages in the meantime.. held on to the chance that there must be a few nice 'uns out there :cool:
    Ooh I can't believe I've a date, excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmm, I just got an answer from Mr Modelling. Apparently the job is handing out drinks at private parties in a bra and hotpants....

Modelling, eh? :pac:

I hate that people call being a trolley dolly 'modelling' these days. Where's teh pride in their art? :@(

Someone just sent me a message on POF telling me that my photo is giving him an erection.

Shudder.

My suit photo backfired :-(

Do you not have your message settings that only girls can contact you :cool:
    (POF, right?) :P

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    When she loses the mobile and the broadband goes on the fritz I think it's time to take the hint :pac:

Or perhaps not!
    The skeptometer was too high apparently..

Or perhaps not!
    The skeptometer was too high apparently..

Bloody headwreck this dating lark! :pac:

missbelle wrote: »
    Someone just sent me a message on POF telling me that my photo is giving him an erection.

Shudder.

My suit photo backfired :-(

Do you not have your message settings that only girls can contact you :cool:
    (POF, right?) :P

Yes! but he had himself set to female.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

You got it goin' on :D

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Are you not flattered that you gave him an erection?

Not really. Why would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

You know, if things continue the way they are for me, I might be more than a little flattered by a pretty man with an erection.

:D

Not really. Why would it?
    Well, a guy thinks you're so hot that he gets so turned on he has an erection. :pac:

When I said that he wasn't my sexual preference and that I wasn't interested, he replied, "not even for a cam ****?"

He's blocked now.

A 48 year old man on connectingsingles once asked me if I was homophobic (because he heard that Ireland was a very homophobic country). I said no and that I had several homosexual friends and a couple of relatives.
    He then proceeded to ask if I enjoyed masturbating.

I left it at that.

When I said that he wasn't my sexual preference and that I wasn't interested, he replied, "not even for a cam ****?"

He's blocked now.
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

Genuine laugh out loud moment there.

I know, right? I was being polite and kind, even telling him I was blocking him. Some people :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I hate that people call being a trolley dolly 'modelling' these days. Where's teh pride in their art? :@(

I know, right? There should be a pride march or something. Like the slutwalk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Samich wrote: »
    Got chatting to a girl on OKC last night, guessed her name on the first attempt because she looked liked a Clare :P Awwwwhhhhhh yeeaaaahhhhhhhhh :cool:

I'm off to talk you up to her on FB now :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Talking. to. this. girl. is. like. pulling. teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Dentists don't find pulling teeth too hard, so ye'r getting on well then? :P

Mailing or on chat??

You don't have to chat to her yano?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Date #2 went really well.Nice food,good chat and laughs,decent movie.This girl is seriously on the same wavelength as me which is rare plus I find her ridiculously attractive.
    Seeing her again this weekend.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

congrats otis, hope shes being rubbing your beard for good luck.

not hadm uch responses on the POF, think i need get natural photo of me taken for profile, have lost the glasses recently so bit of a different look.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a 34 year old male that has been single for nearly 4 years. I'm sick to death of the pub scene and most of my mates are in relationships so I decided to bite the bullet and do something about my situation.

I recently joined match.com as it was recommended to me by a co-worker. They said that the paying sites had a much better success rate as the clientèle were serious about wanting to meet someone and are not just looking for an ego boost or a cheap thrill that is allegedly quite common on free sites.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've been a member for 3 weeks now and have 120 profile views, 10 winks and 0 messages. My plan was to sign up for free to feel it out then pay the monthly subscription after a month but I'm not so sure now. I've put up a load of pictures and wrote a positive yet honest description of myself but nobody seems bothered to message me.

It is a case where guys do all the chasing like it is 'in real life' or what? I'm just abit concerned and don't want to sign up for this if it's going to be a complete waste of time. Plus some of the profiles on it are very off putting and have a list of demands that need to be met ie: must be over 6 foot tall (this from a girl who was 5'2), will ignore message with no photos, must make x amount of money, etc, etc.

Lastly, is match.com actually any good or are there better dating sites out there?

Hey! I posted this in the wrong section earlier and now that it's moved it's seem to have gotten lost a few pages back.

Anyway any advice that anyone can pass on to me would be very much appreciated as I'm a total novice to online dating and in all honestly I'm feeling abit delusional about it already.

Thanks!

I hope too many of us aren't doing too well at this dating thing...
    That means less people to hop in the mating ball at the Beers! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Getting royally sick of mailing women on OKC and getting no replies. A profile view if I'm lucky, and the odd initial message from someone who's profile I've viewed and decided not to message. I had my profile reviewed twice, and both of you (thanks btw) said it was excellent. Good photos, properly composed, relevant messages, and still nada. I think it's the fact that I'm honest about being separated, everyone "loooves" the honesty, when it comes down to it, will choose someone with no visible baggage. It's totally depressing. :(
    Won't go on POF, I was there a couple of years ago and the constant textspeak and general vacancy got to me there. From people's posts, it ain't got better.

I'm wondering - like another poster, are we all just shooting at people out of our "league" ?

I generally don't agree with the concept of leagues determining who we date, evidenced by personal experience of dating women I figured were waay hotter and smarter than me, but I wonder if in RL, our own individual charisma allows us to jump up a few levels sometimes, while in photos and messages, the lack of being able to project this is the true leveller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Getting no messages on POF whatsoever.

Spoke to a friend of mine last night (who's also a wheelchair user), and he said that once they (women) hear that we use a wheelchair or have any kind of disability, they run a mile(so to speak!). He also said that he preferred to meet women face to face, as it didn't them a chance to run away.

IMO, if women don't like you purely because you're disabled, they're just shallow.

EDIT: Scrap that, I've just seen an email notification to tell me that I have a new private message!!! Will check that later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement