Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,367 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

den87 wrote: »
    One thing i don't get about dating sites is how there are people aged 18-20 on it, these people have parties to go to where they can shift all around them, they shouldnt be interested in dates at that age!!

What if you don't drink and don't feel hot and never chance your arm with these girls who are sometimes ignorant. Thought online would be a good chance to get to know someone before meeting them, as I'm shy in front of strangers and first impressions probably make me come across as boring, which I'm not, I don't think. :)

Hasn't gone to plan though, pof account is deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Samich wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be interested in friends too, where else can people meet new friends, without joining clubs.

try getting involved in couchsurfing groups in your area, have met some awesome people through there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

zuroph wrote: »
    try getting involved in couchsurfing groups in your area, have met some awesome people through there.

I thought that was just if you were going travelling? :P

Also I doubt too many early 20 somethings would be putting their house up on it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

awec wrote: »
    That was nice of you! :pac:

What else are friends for? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Samich wrote: »
    I thought that was just if you were going travelling? :P

Also I doubt too many early 20 somethings would be putting their house up on it? :pac:

there's communities on the groups forums on there, many foreigners living in an area for a long time, mingling and making friends with locals, its not just for travelling, they arrange outings and meet ups, I've been for beers with a few people in limerick who are here for a year or two, and they even organise to have dinner parties at each others houses and go for day trips to sightseeing places and the like. Pretty cool way to meet new people and make interesting friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    What's wrong with people wanting to make friends off the site? I haven't done it, don't see the need to really, but
    I don't see the problem once they've mentioned they're only looking for friends

There is nothing wrong with it however they are dating sites not make new friends sites so the majority of people are not looking for friends therefore can be more difficult. I have seen plenty of profiles of married men looking for friends only for chat and there has always been an ulterior motive behind it!

If there's one thing that does annoy me it's people that are on dating sites looking for just friends. I mean the clue is in the title "DATING site". If you want friends, go somewhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

den87 wrote: »
    One thing i don't get about dating sites is how there are people aged 18-20 on it, these people have parties to go to where they can shift all around them, they shouldnt be interested in dates at that age!!

That's quite harsh now in fairness. Not all 18/20 year olds are interested in quick casual lays, or find it easy to be able to do that stuff in such an environment.

All a dating website is, is another venue. No more no less.

You might as well say the same thing about anyone on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Finding all the dislike for people looking for friends on those sites fairly surprising to be honest. Aslong as its clearly stated on their profile and they're not stringing anyone along leave them off I say.

Although the people just looking for just email and chat I find a bit surprising - I thought that was what the likes of facebook was for :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,367 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Received this message this morning.

Subject title: Hee hee

Body: Wats rong wit ur eye?

---

Nice.

:rolleyes:

That_Guy wrote: »

---

Nice.

Have you only got one?? :D:rolleyes:

Dovies wrote: »
    Have you only got one?? :D:rolleyes:

To an extent. Well one working one anyway.

I got a message the other day:

'Can I sniff em?' :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

---

Nice.

"Too many stupid people writing in txt speak is what"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

---

Nice.

"What's wrong with your grasp of the English language?"

"Meet Me" function

Get notification that girl wants to meet me.

Look at profile. Seems nice.

Send message.

No repsonse.

T'fúck?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

"Meet Me" function

Get notification that girl wants to meet me.

Look at profile. Seems nice.

Send message.

No repsonse.

T'fúck?

Something similar happened to myself but in this order:
    1. Look at profile. Seems nice.
    2. Send message.
    3. No repsonse.
    4. *tumbleweed*
    5. Get notification that girl wants to meet me.

Happened twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

come on, post it, we'll decipher it :D

hah, it was nothing too excitin, somethin like hi hows you? yeah i like that sane :) how are you tonite?

wtf does i like that sane mean? it doesnt fit with anythin i asked him?

also he didnt answer anythin i asked?

• Advertisement

hah, it was nothing too excitin, somethin like hi hows you? yeah i like that sane :) how are you tonite?

He could have been typing on his mobile and the curse of predictive text struck.

o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Using my amazing powers of TxTSpK I deduce that sane actually means saying - Do you have a saying or quote listed on your profile maybe ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

how are people with 'coffee' dates?

i thought the usual was a few light drinks somewhere to relax, bit of music on in the background and chat? Was on a coffee date a while ago and felt like i was being grilled to death. question after question. she was like one of those toys dolls with a string out the back....yak yak yak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Well I had that date with the French girl last night. Lovely girl, very interesting and she had a fantastic accent!

duke916 wrote: »
    how are people with 'coffee' dates?

i thought the usual was a few light drinks somewhere to relax, bit of music on in the background and chat? Was on a coffee date a while ago and felt like i was being grilled to death. question after question. she was like one of those toys dolls with a string out the back....yak yak yak!

I find that being able to talk, face to face, whilst sober, is a good indication of whether the relationship has any chance of success.

Well I had that date with the French girl last night. Lovely girl, very interesting and she had a fantastic accent!

What kind of accent did she have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

If there's one thing that does annoy me it's people that are on dating sites looking for just friends. I mean the clue is in the title "DATING site". If you want friends, go somewhere else.

If it was such an outlandish idea, the friend and hangout options would be missing from the intent sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Couldn't possibly be a French one, now could it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

:-) Ummm... a french one I would imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement