Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Kaching wrote: »
    He clearly hasnt a notion

Oh, he's on an anti-med rant now. Really why is this man being given a bloody platform, reasoned argument against overprescription is badly needed not ill-informed anecdotal nonsense like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well done on getting your walk in nesf, what a thing to achieve and all :)

maybe the discussion on what's being said on the frontline should be copied over to AH's thread - just so people can see what ye think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dundalk

Thanks to all a few the replys a few page back.

Some really good advice. Thanks

Kaching wrote: »
    People who dont suffer with anything think they know it all I remember clicking on something to do with suicides today and it said "less focus should be given to the mentally ill and the junkies and more focus on the normal young lads" people and their ignorance makes me sick

Yeah cause it's ok if us crazies kill ourselves, it's it happening to people with debt problems that's the real tragedy. (And no, I'm not making the latter out to be less of a problem than the former)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

really is belittling as a person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not in a good place here at all :/ Not good. I feel like I'm being swallowed by despair.

I've gotten to the point where I just dont care anymore.i dont have any hoping left in me

I've gotten to the point where I just dont care anymore.i dont have any hoping left in me

You have to hope. You do have hope in you, you just have to find it. I know that sounds like bull****, but you do. Where's there's life, there's hope.

I'm sorry if that upset you cloud

That doesn't make you pathetic. It makes you lonely. Which is nothing to br ashamed of. Life is full of people who aren't going to care about you. They're going to **** you over and use you(your older than me I think so I don't need to tell you this) but you will the good people, that want you, and who appreciate you, and you them. And when you do, you will hang onto them for dear life.

Like I do with my lovely, lovely girlfriend. She is one in a million. And I thank the lord every day that in the midst of my ****ty life, so many defeats and Hurt and dissapointments, by the ****ing age of 18. That we found each other.

And you will find someone too. People. Your feeling like this now. But better days are coming.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry for making this about me

It won't be as hard as this forever.

This morning is bad, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've slowly been slipping back into a dark place.

I was doing really well and felt really good about myself then the smallest misunderstanding set me off and it sent me spiralling down once again.

It's getting harder and harder to get out of bed every day. I've found myself sleeping a lot more than I have been lately and getting tired a lot quicker, my mind just regurgitates bad thoughts all day long. Work is a temporary relief but when I go home, I go straight to bed and have no interest in doing anything else. I just feel so tired.

Today has improved somewhat. Still can't enjoy anything but mood is no longer as crap as it was this morning. I'm kind of expecting another drop in mood sometime later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

There's always hope. I know you don't feel that at the moment and I know we don't know each other, but I have hope for you. I genuinely mean that,x

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I can relate . I really can

Please don't lose hope, any of you. Your all fantastic people. And hope is so valuable, you have to cling to any of it you can it. The future will be bright. The darkness never lasts forever. Just hold on.

Going to get this book by the way: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindful-Way-Through-Depression-Unhappiness/dp/1593851286/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326821749&sr=8-1

I'm hoping for tips on how to meditate when I'm having a very bad day as I'm finding that really hard at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

**** day,going to crawl into bed and stare at the ceiling until I hopefully fall asleep.Don't much feel like going into work tomorrow either really.

Fed up with life,and with being lonely and sad all the time.

• Advertisement

**** day,going to crawl into bed and stare at the ceiling until I hopefully fall asleep.Don't much feel like going into work tomorrow either really.

Fed up with life,and with being lonely and sad all the time.

It passes, that's the best I can say to you. It's also the only thing that keeps me sane.

god i feel like the biggest whinger. ye all have it so much worse than me.

i'm sorry for weighing ye all down if I have done. over the course of the day i've gotten gradually better than last night. but for no reason. everything is still the same as it was yesterday, so why does my mood change. I hate it. I think it makes people take my moods less seriously.

nesf, did you manage to leave the house today? starview, are you having trouble sleeping again? I got about 4 hours sleep last night...stupid insignificant problems keeping me awake.

god i feel like the biggest whinger. ye all have it so much worse than me.

No. We all have our own burdens to bear and a mild depression can be a deeply unpleasant thing. That's where I am at the moment, really I'm not that bad, I just cannot get any joy out of life and it's soul destroying. You can actually tell when I'm not too bad because I'm whinging a lot. During my worst depressions you won't get even that much out of me, I'll just sit there mute trapped in a spiral of negative thinking in my head.

So yeah, whinge away, we've all been there and have all whinged away to our heart's content!
    nesf, did you manage to leave the house today?

No, but I meditated for an hour so I'm happy enough with my day today. The goal is 30 minutes to an hour of walking 3-4 times a week. I'm allowing myself to skip days now and then.

The kind of meditation is described here: http://ianellis-jones.blogspot.com/2011/01/listening-to-music-mindfully.html

And here under mindful listening to music: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/practising-daytoday-informal-mindfulness.html

In all honesty, I've never thought 'oh will he/she ever shut up' about anyone in here. I don't view it as whinging. If I don't reply to something it's because I know there's nothing I can say that will help.

nesf you're doing well by the sound of it. wow, that sounds patronising. I just mean I actually felt a little lighter yesterday when you said you managed to get out for a walk, knowing how hard it is to get out and do exercise. of course you should allow yourself break-days. it makes facing the next day a little easier some times.

starview, it's been a while since you mentioned having to call in sick, hopefully it's cause you haven't had to. but then maybe you could do with a day or two now?

Your not whinging stupidusername, its good you can say how you feel :)

Eh, I don't take it as patronising within the context of this thread. :)

awh group hug everyone! :D

awh group hug everyone! :D

Nah, I don't deserve one yet, I'm still being too repressed. I should have shared that I should have rung the Samaritans for a chat yesterday but couldn't bring myself to do it. Trying to ignore suicidal thoughts is bad, repressing your emotions so as you don't get upset by them is worse.

would you do it now?

• Advertisement

I can't say I'd ever call the samaritans. Bad as I feel now. But I know its good stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement