Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beechey

If anyone needs a witty reply to a rejection letter.... :p

http://twitpic.com/7q8ayx

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

Beechey wrote: »

Love it. Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 2ndtimer

32minutes wrote: »
    wow mucho congratulations, very fast. They said it could be a week or two to me, although maybe they're trying to account for people not accepting,

Actually do you mind me asking, phone or mail?

Same question..How did they inform you? I done my interview yesterday..were you the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Beechey wrote: »

Lol, that is fab Beechey:D Now all we need are draft pfo in anticipation letters for firms, like BW, that don't seem to send pfos! Hope you got on ok with your interview with BW:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 2ndtimer

So, anyone else get offers from Mc Canns yet or just the one person so far?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariobalotelli

Hi sorry for delay. McCanns rang me yesterday shortly after 6. Have until Friday 16th to accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xx29xx

anyone heard anything good/bad/otherwise about William Fry or Arthur Cox as firms? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

xx29xx wrote: »
    anyone heard anything good/bad/otherwise about William Fry or Arthur Cox as firms? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Got a beautifully written pfo from AC today. They seem very nice even with a rejection letter. Haha

moonbino wrote: »
    Got a beautifully written pfo from AC today. They seem very nice even with a rejection letter. Haha

Sorry to hear about that moonbino:( You came across on here as having a really nice attitude! Make sure you get some feedback though as that will help you next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

exactly same pfo as last year. Not sure if i want to hear the feedback colonel, wht if they just give some odd excuse and i will take it to heart and will make in my own head even a bigger problem out of it.:D mite email them nxt week when i get the courage...

• Advertisement

colonel1 wrote: »

Sorry to hear about that moonbino:( You came across on here as having a really nice attitude! Make sure you get some feedback though as that will help you next time.

Thanks Colonel1. Not giving up though. They'll be begging me next year. Lol. Just like Irkalein I am scared to ask. They are so polite I doubt I would get the full truth anyway.

Thanks Colonel1. Not giving up though. They'll be begging me next year. Lol. Just like Irkalein I am scared to ask. They are so polite I doubt I would get the full truth anyway.

Hopefully they will be begging me too:D I am applying for the summer internship, hence I have asked for feedback so I can craft a more suitable CV and application letter. At least they give feedback, I got nowt from DE, and lets not mention that certain firm begining with B....

Of course, sometimes all you receive is feedback saying that the standard was exceptionally high etc etc, which means one didn't make the cut. Not to worry, 2012 is another year and I am pretty tenacious.

Anyway Moonbino and Irkalein, don't be afraid to ask for feedback, all they can say is no. And at least you will look interested. Of course as ye both reached the 2nd round, then it may have come down to "job fit" in terms of personality etc. There may not be much you can do about that though.

Good luck!

Sigh...everything is beautiful about AC, even the stationery:D

xx29xx wrote: »

Congrats on getting an offer from both:D AC is a gold standard firm, but good luck trying to decide between the two. I would be inclined to go with Cox myself. There is a boardsie called Thirdfox who may be able to give you some information on AC. Send him/her a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Hi sorry for delay. McCanns rang me yesterday shortly after 6. Have until Friday 16th to accept.

congrats,same here, just said to me the official offer will be out in the next few days :) might see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

Hello, huge congrats to great ppl with TC offers and best wishes to those who like me attended several interviews and didn’t get a TC this time around. Every time when I got a call or a letter asking me to come for an interview I felt like holding a winning lotto ticket on the wind...........:confused:

Quick question, did anybody get an email from MHC saying they will get back to us in four weeks? what type of ppl are they looking for? This is my very last hope for this year...... will be grateful for some info !
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Happykid

Anyone heard any word from Dillon Eustace either way re: training contracts?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PearDAR

Havent heard anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Has anyone heard of people on the waiting list being offered the training contract?

with who frustratedTC? or do u mean in general?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

In general, was put on the waiting list with 1 firm and they were my favourites, so I'm wondering what my chances are realistically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishgirl23

In general, was put on the waiting list with 1 firm and they were my favourites, so I'm wondering what my chances are realistically?

Hi frustrated, do you mind me asking if you accepted Eversheds, or if you know of people who didn't? I'm also on a waiting list. I really don't know what to expect..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

ayre a word from DE?

ayre a word from DE?

No, have you 32minutes?! It's been over a week now! Really thought they would contact today!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

Happykid wrote: »
    ayre a word from DE?

No, have you 32minutes?! It's been over a week now! Really thought they would contact today!

No dice as of yet, i expected word sooner aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lola73

Any heard from Byrne Wallace yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

has anyone heard frm mhc yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariobalotelli

birdie89 wrote: »
    has anyone heard frm mhc yet???

Yeah they contacted me about a week ago about interviews in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 lablab

how many trainees will MHC take on?

what about guys who have already indicated their acceptance to other legal firms?
    will all those heads just line up for interview again?

tks all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Lola73

lablab wrote: »
    how many trainees will MHC take on?

what about guys who have already indicated their acceptance to other legal firms?
    will all those heads just line up for interview again?

tks all...

For those with TCs already I would find it a bit unfair to go for the Internship with MHC as it is their sole means of recruiting and so you may be taking a spot from someone else who really wants a TC with MHC!

Advertisement