Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Sorted out the misfire on my Uncles recently acquired 1.0 Ibiza. Whoever changed the plugs last didn't put the little screw tops on so the spark had an extra gap to jump :rolleyes:

New plugs, leads, cap etc fitted now anyway. He'd already been to 3 garages inc a Seat dealer and none of them spotted the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not generally a major achievment but fitted new sidelights for the dark oul days, Tis more of an achievement when trying to fit shovel hands into a match box to find the fecker.

What car is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

What car is that?

I'm thinking Mk 2 Renault Laguna... :)

166man wrote: »
    I'm thinking Mk 2 Renault Laguna... :)

Ah yes, I see it now. Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Car was fogging up badly recently but I put it down to the damp weather.. Was concerned yesterday though as it was out of order.. Checked the cabin filter today :eek:

Manky isn't the word I would use.. Filthy...Full of leaves and bits of other stuff like fluff and grit.. was on the Pi$$ tonight so cannot check if it sorted anything until Monday.
    Hopefully sorted it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

And wheres the 'it' place in fermoy veccy? :D

And wheres the 'it' place in fermoy veccy? :D

Currently only 2 very busy spots.. Maybe 3

I was at a house session
    Feeling a bit :o right now, nursing a big mug of coffee

Oh it was a gaf party so was it? Cant imagine myself going to them when im aged ** :D

Oh it was a gaf party so was it? Cant imagine myself going to them when im aged ** :D

Relatives come in handy for places to go for booze LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Cleaned my car inside and out after weeks of neglect, looked fairly rough, wheels were the same colour as the tyres and had many varieties of bird poop on it. Its most likely wont stay clean for long with the damp roads and already my interior mats are covered in crap. Ah well :P

Pics:

100_1979.jpg
    100_1977.jpg
    100_1980.jpg

And then into the garage with its buddy!

100_1983.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

vectra wrote: »
    Car was fogging up badly recently but I put it down to the damp weather.. Was concerned yesterday though as it was out of order.. Checked the cabin filter today :eek:

Manky isn't the word I would use.. Filthy...Full of leaves and bits of other stuff like fluff and grit.. was on the Pi$$ tonight so cannot check if it sorted anything until Monday.
    Hopefully sorted it..

Was this on the VRS? Is it not less than a year old?

I washed mine, my god it looks soooo much better, I'd kinda resided to the fact it was crap looking and given up, but since washing it it's got a bit of a shine to it. Gave the wheels a good clean too. It must be 2-3 months since washed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its about 14 months old. I took mine out one day and it was the same only thing was I forgot to put in the new one because I was dying..:o I only noticed it about a month later..

Lets home you can find the feckin thing in the snow LM

P6 V8 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I cleaned my daily today. I brought the gog out in it this morning and my car ended up looking like a labrador

Yes,
    14 months as Corkie said
    Apparently it should be changed annually or 20k which I had both done. €16 for the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thanks to vectra mentioning his cabin filter, I took mine out to have a look. It was filthy.

I hoovered and bet the **** out of it to get out all the dirt. It's kind of clean now but could do with being replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

RoverJames wrote: »
    P6 V8 :eek:

Tis indeed! Thirsty but the sound makes up for it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

vectra wrote: »
    Yes,
    14 months as Corkie said
    Apparently it should be changed annually or 20k which I had both done. €16 for the new one.

Not bad at all. I've been meaning to do both of mine also, been about 18 months since I changed them last, about €40 a pop, robbing gits.

My windows are steaming up a lot, even with the aircon on so must have a look at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

^^ Nice motors/work Shakes-Beer.

Started adding sound deadening to the Estima.

DeadeningStart.jpg

Thought I'd get it all done in one day. Not a chance, didn't get much further than this pic after stripping it out.

Should make a huge difference - engine is almost mid mounted and the old diesel IP is very noisy.

EDIT: - I used this stuff. Free delivery and goes on very easy. I used an oil filled radiator in the car while working to keep the pads/mats malleable. Sat them on top before using.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/silent-coat-mat-bulk-pack.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Out with the old and in with the new...shouldn't have to do it again for another 60k miles! Not sure if its the placebo effect..but the car is turning over quicker now.

Was going to tackle the fogs but was too hungover.

img0163large.jpg

img0164large.jpg

img0165large.jpg

img0172large.jpg

img0173large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Should definitely help - looks like a bit of build up on the old ones.

Nice one.

E39MSport wrote: »
    Should definitely help - looks like a bit of build up on the old ones.

Nice one.

Cheers man...the last owner was a pure clown the more I think about it..

* Wrong size tyres on the rear
    * Copper sparkplugs
    * wrong size battery
    * coolant ancient
    * driving around without a speedo
    * drove over the Tbar glass and put in the wrong colour glass
    * bent the metal on the T bar roof to stop the leaks

...I could go on all day, I've rectified most the issues.

Free plug (excuse the pun) to www.carsparkplugs.com, plugs were half the price of what the local motorfactors were charging.

E39MSport wrote: »
    ^^ Nice motors/work Shakes-Beer.

Started adding sound deadening to the Estima.

DeadeningStart.jpg

Thought I'd get it all done in one day. Not a chance, didn't get much further than this pic after stripping it out.

Should make a huge difference - engine is almost mid mounted and the old diesel IP is very noisy.

EDIT: - I used this stuff. Free delivery and goes on very easy. I used an oil filled radiator in the car while working to keep the pads/mats malleable. Sat them on top before using.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/silent-coat-mat-bulk-pack.html

Nice: I might look at doing this to the 2 in the summer - it car get noisey on bad roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Drove 50 miles, gearbox went dry. Met up with dgt and filled up the gearbox with oil. Drove 50 miles home no problems. Hopefully it will make it to belfast and back tomorrow. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

barura wrote: »
    Drove 50 miles, gearbox went dry. Met up with dgt and filled up the gearbox with oil. Drove 50 miles home no problems. Hopefully it will make it to belfast and back tomorrow. :o

Yaaay you made it back with no more issues! Just needs more topping up :)

75W90.jpg

What did I do? I took an engine out of a car with a gas cutting torch, consaw and a tractor :pac:

Must get daylight pics... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Epic car time :D.

img0165large.jpg............

I reckon the 3SGE is one of the best engines Toyota made (for mainstream cars)

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    I reckon the 3SGE is one of the best engines Toyota made (for mainstream cars)

Thanks man I'm very happy with it..doesn't burn a drop of oil either...I've given up checking every week :)

In other news - I decided to hardwire my roadhawk dashcam..its pissing me off looking at the wire dangling out of the cig ligher, I searched for a hardwire kit and they don't exist and I don't want to cut the wire as I'm thinking of getting a HD one at some stage and selling this one, I done the prep work this evening...

This was my solution :D, I'm going to wire this into my aux ignition switched fuse box.

img0175large2.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

img0176large.jpg

img0178large.jpg

img0179large.jpg

img0181large.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement