Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm suffering from that First World problem you mentioned recently which is stopping me from even looking at Skyrim. And it's Demon's Souls, not exactly something you can just fly through.

Although to be honest, it's not something I WANT to just fly through. 50 hours in and lots more to go. I've never loved dying so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hate dying, still love the game though.

Still on the roof gargoyle though, the fecking ambush on the way up to him and his brother is a pig though, just irritating...

Got caught in the back by the Knight as well, vicious sod.

Master of the Universe

Is that the ambush by those ghoul type creatures? That was a pain. Best thing to do there is to kill the Knight and then just leg it passed the ghoul things, through the fog onto the double gargoyle battle.

Here's something worth noting for later actually if you want to avoid something nasty and possibly game breaking -
    Later, you'll end up in a sewer with these big eyed frogs. They're easy to kill, but have a horrible attack - curse. This halves your HP. Then if you get cursed again, it halves that, etc. It can ruin your game as you could end up stuck somewhere with very little health.

There's a dude in the bell tower just after your gargoyle fight who sells you this item that gets rid of curse. It costs 4000 souls, but definitely buy one before heading near those sewers. I had to trek all the way back to him twice while cursed. Not fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I humaned up, summoned the knight, then killed one of the backstards before getting nailed by the other one!
    Now I'm hollow again, can't summon your man, Arse!!!

So, anyone know of a quick way to gain some humanity?

This is a tough one, by Jingo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The rats just under the bridge with the dragon on top drop lots of humanity.

Have you tried using an item that puts lightning on you weapon? You should have at least one or maybe can buy them off the merchant, it makes short work of that boss. It's what I used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Does the new HSA logo remind anyone of something?

http://hsa.ie/eng/

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this heavy lifting leaflet with you!

Master of the Universe

Heh, I'm over 50 hours in and I've never really bothered with the humanity/human thing other than to kindle bonfires. I'm not really arsed spending ages trying to harvest them from rats.

Melee/Pyromancies all the way! What my sword can reach my level 10 fire orbs obliterate. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I feel like I'm doing crap in Dark Souls but I'm making steady progress each night. Really is my game of the year, zelda is never going to top it.

Also the humanity drop rate with the new patch is supposedly through the roof now.

I never thought of that amber stuff!
    I will apply it to my +2 Big Feck Off Axe and see if I can't deliver some smackdown to those two...

Anyone else think they are like bad-ass Hammer Bros?
    Up on high?
    Armored?
    There's two of them?
    They look the same?
    They can be a real pain in the backside?

Hmm, I can see it now,
    Dark Souls Karting Championship!

Lets see how you deal with a red shell Black Knight!!!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I feel like I'm doing crap in Dark Souls but I'm making steady progress each night. Really is my game of the year, zelda is never going to top it.

Also the humanity drop rate with the new patch is supposedly through the roof now.

I've heard the new patch makes the game considerably easier. Not that I'm on live to get it or anything, but I'd have no interest if I was. It's perfect the way it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've heard the new patch makes the game considerably easier. Not that I'm on live to get it or anything, but I'd have no interest if I was. It's perfect the way it is.

You meant to say that I've had an O1S1N from Ireland on my XBL friends list and it's not you?!:eek:

Master of the Universe

:eek:

Nope that's not me. Damn wannabe imposter!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    :eek:

Nope that's not me. Damn wannabe imposter!

Shocked so I am! He even plays a lot of the arcade titles!

I hope you weren't sharing any intimate information to this nega-o1s1n...

Could get awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is there anyone on the face of this planet that can credit their proficiency in a language to those shovelware, language-coach games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm putting off getting skyrim until I move out becuase I'm getting a load done the past while. Like tonight I made my coffee table and covered it with comics, hope its nice in the morning when its dry. But I know as soon as i start playing that game I'll be addicted

But 1 question, PC or console? I'm thinking PC but is there anything I should know before I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

tonight I made my coffee table and covered it with comics, hope its nice in the morning when its dry. But I know as soon as i start playing that game I'll be addicted

Sounds cool, please put a picture up tomorrow if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Sera wrote: »

I don't think I've encountered anything this disturbing since that one time I got lost in a game of Diddy Kong Racing.

• Advertisement

But 1 question, PC or console? I'm thinking PC but is there anything I should know before I get it?

IF you've a PC to run it then it looks like the format to go for. The modding community is huge for it. Within two days there was a nude hack for it.

But most importantly modding means you can do something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/MYZsS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Pc it is then I think

I'm running a fairly decent spec so should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Here's another fun mod:

http://i.imgur.com/C2LUQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Missed this PSN mini last week and whilst not actually retro definitely retro in spirit.

Where Is My Heart

Puzzle platformer, with nice sprites and lovely backrounds.

getting some good reviews, and for a fiver will certainly give it a DL this weekend.

If you kill the first gargoyle ciderdude then get behind the second one and he can't do **** to you.

As for the patch, I didn't notice much difference last night compared to before. Seems like subtle changes.

Oh... currently downloading season 4 of Gamesmaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I love how watching Gamesmaster now makes it a super awesome retro video game show...

Watching Frank Skinner play Super Sidekicks 2 on the Neo Geo right now.

• Advertisement

Think I'll stick on some resident evil. I'm wide awake, can't sleep and have to be up for work in 4 hours but shure feck it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement