Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Turns out we ended up in Charlie Chaplins for a while. I felt like a wee lad of 18 again! :pac:

I used to love going there...

The last time I was in there you could smoke in the place. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Does anyone know a good place in town where I can get some really, really, tacky, colourful looking clothes, possible with animal prints as well (zebra preferably)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i'd try some of the charity shops maybe?

oh i know i've walked into even some "modern" shops where some of the clothes would make you want to bathe your eyes in bleach, (my wife never ceases to rip the píss out of me any time we're passing the tiger print tangas for men upstairs in penneys! i've no idea why, honest! :o:D), but there used be a great shop for vintage clothes in limerick, i dont know if it's still around, called Modesty, perhaps one of the other posters could help out with the location, some of the clothes in there alright were a bit suspect, such as the beige flares and matching muscle top i bought for myself back then, (*CAARRRRIIINNNGGGGEEE* :D), but there should be plenty of modern shops anyways that meet your requirements, maybe try Mrs. Quinn's charity shop as a starting point?

Does anyone know a good place in town where I can get some really, really, tacky, colourful looking clothes, possible with animal prints as well (zebra preferably)?

Tacky colourful looking with animal print. Seriously sounds like Pennys to me.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Tacky colourful looking with animal print. Seriously sounds like Pennys to me.

im thinking Busi_Girl is looking for something along the lines of Olivia's taste in Jerseylicious, (bothers me somewhat that i know OF all this stuff, lol), perhaps dare i suggest it for a halloween costume or heading out clubbing? :o

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    im thinking Busi_Girl is looking for something along the lines of Olivia's taste in Jerseylicious, (bothers me somewhat that i know OF all this stuff, lol), perhaps dare i suggest it for a halloween costume or heading out clubbing? :o

Halloween it is.

But Jerseylicious, sweet jesus no. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

not sure if its still there but modesty was in foxes bow....i spent most of my saturdays there way back when :)

cmurph wrote: »
    not sure if its still there but modesty was in foxes bow....i spent most of my saturdays there way back when :)

Sort of.

He opened a Coffee Shop as the clothes end was going down the drains and then he packed up shop altogether. He used to have a separate buildilng out the back for the Denims and Leather and stuff. I haven't been down that lane in a long time. You never know, he could be out there still.

I should add I want something cheap price-wise too :pac:

May take a look around the costume shop in Arthur's Quay, too. I'll see if I can find a good purple/zebra print hat, too.

Possibly a feather too.

Meanwhile, there's a guy from Co. Co. having a whale of a time trying to get the man hole cover outside my house open. :pac:

Meanwhile, there's a guy from Co. Co. having a whale of a time trying to get the man hole cover outside my house open. :pac:

At 16:40 on a Friday. You must be seeing things..............

• Advertisement

At 16:40 on a Friday. You must be seeing things..............

He's wearing a high visibility vest ans has been whacking the cover for the last ten minutes with a sledgehammer. 0_o

He's wearing a high visibility vest ans has been whacking the cover for the last ten minutes with a sledgehammer. 0_o

He must have read the Jeremy Clarkson book that says POWER equals results. Seriously though, how can hitting something in a downwards motion with a sledgehammer suddenly make it come UP. :confused:

He must have read the Jeremy Clarkson book that says POWER equals results. Seriously though, how can hitting something in a downwards motion with a sledgehammer suddenly make it come UP. :confused:

Search me. I think he was banging around the opening bit to know out dirt or something that was keeping it sealed.

Either that or he's just a crazy guy who hi-jacked some Council property and is taking out his misgivings on a humble Castletroy estate.

Maybe he's unhappy about the City and County merges. :confused:

Maybe he has a right to be as you just checked in "At Monaleen" so maybe you need to figure it out yourself as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Beer o clock. Heading to town now, shout if your about

you could try out in TK maxx near the parkway too, i remember i was in tears laughing at a furry white safari hat i tried on out there once, all i was missing then was the purple velvet suit, the white leopard print coat and the cane, but im sure if i had shopped around in there... :D

as for the guy whacking the manhole in a downward motion to "force" it upward, i dunno if it's as ridiculous as it sounds; newton's third law of motion comes to mind, as explained by my 3rd year physics teacher-

"To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions."

so if you imagine a footballer kicking a ball, when his foot makes contact with the ball, the ball initially "squeezes in", and leaves the point of contact with his foot with the same amount of force that was exerted on it.

so, happy mallet guy is forcing the manhole lid down on the lip of the manhole, hoping that the force will make the lid "bounce" back up.

are manholes still made of cast iron or are they steel now? because if it's the former, he'll likely be all day at it and then it'll crack, and fall in on itself, however if it's the latter, it "should" bounce...

but that's more 3rd year chemistry than physics, properties of different metals and all that malarkey... :rolleyes:

zuroph wrote: »

ahh nuts, bathroom here still in a state of disarray after the tilers been here all day, and i've taken it upon myself to paint the bathroom after dinner before he puts in the new toilet and shower on monday, at least he has the bath done and the old lino up, really have to look at getting a handrail installed after i fell getting out of the bath there monday night (hence couldnt go to quiz :().

pulled the showerhead down with me, cracked a bath tile, chipped the lip of the toilet bowl, honestly twas like something you wouldn't see on a bad comedy show! :o

zuroph wrote: »

Beer O'Clock Indeed. 6 Erdinger Oktoberfest in the fridge. Nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I should add I want something cheap price-wise too :pac:

May take a look around the costume shop in Arthur's Quay, too. I'll see if I can find a good purple/zebra print hat, too.

Possibly a feather too.

If you wanna go very colourful, I've aqua colored ostritch feathers at home, you can have one (they are big but look awesome in a sumbraro!)

If you wanna go very colourful, I've aqua colored ostritch feathers at home, you can have one (they are big but look awesome in a sumbraro!)

Hmm.. A little...too big. :pac: I'm hoping for something purple, tbh. Thanks, though, :)

I'll scour TK Maxx and the charity shops tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

Well, I got them in a fashion design supply place out on the ballysimon road, all those kinda places would have em! :)

Ballysimon Road, aaay?

Aye, I've the invoice upstairs, I'll have a look for it tomorrow and get the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Stupid Mini marathon very poorly organised. blocked into my home, cars parked everywhere. absolute joke. cant move @ All

The Google Earth car is back. Spotted on the Newport road heading into town. He did a u-turn and went back out the road.

Dublin registered car this time not the Icelandic car from recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Stupid Mini marathon very poorly organised. blocked into my home, cars parked everywhere. absolute joke. cant move @ All

How bad is it around?I'm finishing work at half 3 out in Plassey Technology Park

traffic is arseways @ 15.00 anyway dont know about now!! go by the anna cotty roundabout into monaleen might be the best option cause it is on till 16.00

I passed a while ago whilst the jog was on. Barely made a difference to traffic even if the traffic cones forced traffic into the lane for oncoming traffic.

I passed a while ago whilst the jog was on. Barely made a difference to traffic even if the traffic cones forced traffic into the lane for oncoming traffic.
    lucky u try getting into the housing estate different story

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

lucky u try getting into the housing estate different story

What if a child had to go to the hospital? Or The Brigade had to get in? You need these fellas...

Not trying to make light of your situation, but it's just what pops into my head every time I hear of something like this :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement