Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

My first go with shatter effect polish today - Barry M on top of Maybelline Silver Speed, with a topcoat to shiny it up a bit:

6B325DFE44BE44ACAC0E6ADF3EF63D46-0000346855-0002567247-00640L-3A191DC4E0ED482B964E1ECCD5F9EAEE.jpg

edit: the pink is a bit deeper/pinker than that in reality, the flash on my camera has washed it out a bit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I think you always need a bit of top coat over shatters because they aint the nicest texture and can pick off! Now that i have seche vite I'm now like top coat the sh*t out of everything as the shine is something that requires sunglasses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

musical.x wrote: »
    catrice Jade is not my name :
    UPDATE: lasted about 4 days with no top coat without chips. chips werent even noticeable until i decided to turn them into a crater :rolleyes: but its a lovely polish! i'll wear it again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Mini haul at the Professional Beauty Show in the RDS today

Just topped 100 polishes ... Whoops :o

IMAG0659.jpg
    Nubar Rosso, Nubar Bronzo, NfuOh 53, Orly Basket Case, Misa Baby I Love you, Essie Peach Daiquiri, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
    And another Nubar my sister robbed on me - didn't even manage to get it home!

Also got CND Solar Speed Spray and one of thsoe nail polish pumps after seeing the one sunshine rose got :)

No longer a hobby - definately an obsession!!!

Oooooh I want that nfu oh 51. Can you swatch it and post pics and tell us how it is?

• Advertisement

Ooops, freudian slip! Wanted 51 but it was out of stock, got 53 instead. Still lovely though.

IMAG0670.jpg
    the first 2 nails are 2 coats of 53 over No7 vivid violet, 3rd is just the vivid violet and 4th is 3 coats of 53 on it's own

IMAG0671.jpg
    No matter how may photos I take - I'll never really capture how pretty it is!!! Might be better in natural light...

oh I like it very very much and that vivid violet too what a great choice to layer it over! they're both on my list now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Girlies, €1.29 dupe for Deborah Lippmann's 'Across the Universe' - Essence Colour & Go 'Blue Addicted' (apologies for size of pic!):

essenceblueaddicted.jpg

Girlies, €1.29 dupe for Deborah Lippmann's 'Across the Universe' - Essence Colour & Go 'Blue Addicted' (apologies for size of pic!):
    how many coats is that? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

First trip to Sallys :D

SBS-133525?wid=225&hei=225&fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.9,1.0,4,0&iccEmbed=0

gn_daisy_delight_2.jpg
    Trendy Nail Wraps... not sure how to use them though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Yay! I found Facets of Fuscia today after a long search in shops... Can't wait to try it out :)

And I thought this was really pretty, too... I'm pre-planning my New Years' Eve outfit and this matches my headband. Now all I need is a dress :pac:

Revlon's Copper Penny
    tumblr_lpscpnX3JB1r189cto1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Wow, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

musical.x wrote: »
    how many coats is that? :)

I used Calypso Blue by China Glaze as a base coat (you could use any blue or navy) and two coats of the Essence on top. Hadn't the time to wait to see if it built up on its own, delighted with how it turned out though!

Got Facets of Fushia a while back and just put it on tonight. I was so disappointed when I put on the first coat - quite watery!

BUT - when I put on the second WOW!!! Love it :D:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-t8H1vUY63xBwBKXZ36qEMI4Kx-Dura-D5a6BDj3l-znbyb9Aeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yeah I need to buy that tomorrow.

Twee. wrote: »
    Yeah I need to buy that tomorrow.

You do - you need this in your life :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wearing Nails Inc Copacabana today. I was in Boots and the cashier asked me if I wanted a free nail varnish and I said yes! I think it was a promotion which had ended. It's a tomatoish red, or a bright coral. Thought it would be good for the slightly warmer weather we've been having. (not my photo)

5929959493_ce294c7aba.jpg

In other nail related news, removed Facets of Fuchsia the other day. Ugh, takes so much effort!

Pythia wrote: »
    Wearing Nails Inc Copacabana today. I was in Boots and the cashier asked me if I wanted a free nail varnish and I said yes! I think it was a promotion which had ended. It's a tomatoish red, or a bright coral. Thought it would be good for the slightly warmer weather we've been having. (not my photo)

In other nail related news, removed Facets of Fuchsia the other day. Ugh, takes so much effort!

Hmmm... not looking forward to that, will wait for an evening where I have plenty of time so!:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Pythia wrote: »

I took mine off last night, I find if you let the nail varnish soak into each nail for a couple of seconds it comes off much easier.

Still think it's my favourite nail polish ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Been wearing OPI Vodka and Caviar since Saturday, forgot to put a top coat on and about an hour after applying it I noticed a few chips on the tips of my nails. I have two coats on.

OPI-Vodka-Caviar-Swatches-smaller.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Been wearing OPI Vodka and Caviar since Saturday, forgot to put a top coat on and about an hour after applying it I noticed a few chips on the tips of my nails. I have two coats on.

Gorgeous colour.

I got Facets of Fuchsia yesterday and did a pedicure with it. I thought it was a bit watery and the glitter didn't pick up in each stroke so had to put on a few coats to get the packed glittery look. It's a lovely colour though, very festive!

Has anyone ever tried putting gel over ordinary polish? I put gel over Facets of Fuschia in the hopes of making it last longer and get rid of that gritty feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

myxi wrote: »
    I took mine off last night, I find if you let the nail varnish soak into each nail for a couple of seconds it comes off much easier.

Still think it's my favourite nail polish ever!!

Yeah I took mine off the other day and let the cotton wool pad just sit on each nail for a minute or so before taking it off, it came off fairly easily that way but I still had to scrape some of the bigger glitter bits off.

Putting this on now: NARS Purple Rain

nars_purplerain003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

That is gorgeous Purple Bobbin, is the colour that intense with one coat? I love that deep Cadbury type of purple....

shinikins wrote: »
    That is gorgeous Purple Bobbin, is the colour that intense with one coat? I love that deep Cadbury type of purple....
    With one coat the colour is quite good, I wouldn't say it is as intense as in the photo, but it's not far off it.

I'm wearing two coats, as I do with most polishes, but you would get away with just one coat.

It's not cheap though :(http://www.asos.com/Nars/NARS-Nail-Polish/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1569180&SearchRedirect=true&SearchQuery=nars%20purple%20rain

I got the NARS mini nail set and this was one of the colours in it. It cost me around £15 on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭zoby

Has anyone bought the Nails Inc magnetic polish - looks interesting but not sure its worth the €17.50 price tag :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

zoby wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the Nails Inc magnetic polish - looks interesting but not sure its worth the €17.50 price tag :rolleyes:

They look really cool but no way am I paying €17.50 for them.

I'm sure some of the more affordable brands will have magnetic polishes out before long so I'm going to wait for them.

They look really cool but no way am I paying €17.50 for them.

I'm sure some of the more affordable brands will have magnetic polishes out before long so I'm going to wait for them.
    boots 17 have one out. its 6 pound so i'd say about €8.
    essence have one too. get it on ebay for around 6-7€

• Advertisement

got myself the Seche Vite quick dry top coat - been lusting after it forever but now that I have it I'm a little scared! It works really well but on the side it says

"This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm"

That can't be good!

Advertisement