Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I've left and I've just realised that I left an old, fully charged phone turned on in my bedroom that contains quite a lot of messages that I'd rather my family didn't see. Oh no. This is going to be so so so awful. ****.

:( Can you tell a technophobic family member that its broke and needs to be turned off and on to work again? If it has a pin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I've left and I've just realised that I left an old, fully charged phone turned on in my bedroom that contains quite a lot of messages that I'd rather my family didn't see. Oh no. This is going to be so so so awful. ****.

Where in your bedroom did you leave it? Will they deff find it?

What is it with parents and wanting to snoop through phones and facebook..such an invasion of privacy! I had an appointment a few months ago, and my mum dropped me off. I decided I'd leave my phone in the car, so I turned it off and shoved it in the glove compartment.

When I got back in to the car after, I went to turn on my phone, and found that someone (mum:rolleyes:) had already tried to turn it on, but couldn't access it because of my pin code. I mean ffs, I was 18 at the time, a little respect for my privacy wouldn't go astray!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

My match is off, for the second week in a row!

Damn rain! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

My laptop's being really stupid! :(

I think it's since I tried full screen view on the browser... The end of the page is shoved under the taskbar if the window is maximized :( Like this:

12a5a.png

So I can't see any of the notification things like the one in this picture! And I don't know how to fix it :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Crap Birthday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I think it's since I tried full screen view on the browser... The end of the page is shoved under the taskbar if the window is maximized :( Like this:

12a5a.png

So I can't see any of the notification things like the one in this picture! And I don't know how to fix it :'(
    Have you tried closing the browser and opening it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Rightclick the taskbar, click properties, tick the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box, apply.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Have you tried closing the browser and opening it again?

Yeah I tried it there, but no such luck! :(
    Rightclick the taskbar, click properties, tick the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box, apply.

That does help kinda, but ideally it would be back to the browser window ending just at the top of the taskbar when full screen is off and the window is maximized normally, so they don't overlap.

It's not thaaat big a deal, it's just a bit of an inconvenience :P

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

12a5a.png

HAve you tried another browser like Chrome or Opera?
    Or indeed another app? Or does this happen with all apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting a cold. :( The last thing I need!

• Advertisement

HAve you tried another browser like Chrome or Opera?
    Or indeed another app? Or does this happen with all apps?

Nahh, sure internet explorer is the best!! :D

It happened with folders and windows media player too!

Buuuut there's nothing that restarting the computer doesn't solve :cool: Problem solved :)

Nahh, sure internet explorer is the best!! :D
    Firefox FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I feel so sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

4pm: Oh I know what I'll do, I'll do my homework! Gwan Slow Show, making mature choices since 1995.

4.15 pm: Doing English homework dutifully, almost somewhat appreciating Adrienne Rich (almost, most men aren't thaaaaat bad Mrs Rich).

4.20 pm: OMG not all of my personal responses are in my folder, we can't have that, better go hunt for every single one of them and arrange them in chronological order.

4.40 pm: Return to English homework, write two lines, realise I hate everything about the next poem on the agenda, and decide that it's time to do some obair bhaile as Gaeilge.

4.45 pm: Looks at Irish homework that would be difficult enough to do in English, resists the urge to cry, and decides it's time to French it up.

5.00 pm: This is hard, Google Translate would be useful. Nothing could ever go wrong with Google Translate...

Ninety minutes later I'm still here...this wouldn't be such a bad thing if it didn't happen every single Sunday. Skul sux guyz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow Show wrote: »
    4pm: Oh I know what I'll do, I'll do my homework! Gwan Slow Show, making mature choices since 1995.

4.15 pm: Doing English homework dutifully, almost somewhat appreciating Adrienne Rich (almost, most men aren't thaaaaat bad Mrs Rich).

4.20 pm: OMG not all of my personal responses are in my folder, we can't have that, better go hunt for every single one of them and arrange them in chronological order.

4.40 pm: Return to English homework, write two lines, realise I hate everything about the next poem on the agenda, and decide that it's time to do some obair bhaile as Gaeilge.

4.45 pm: Looks at Irish homework that would be difficult enough to do in English, resists the urge to cry, and decides it's time to French it up.

5.00 pm: This is hard, Google Translate would be useful. Nothing could ever go wrong with Google Translate...

Ninety minutes later I'm still here...this wouldn't be such a bad thing if it didn't happen every single Sunday. Skul sux guyz.

Scary how that's almost exactly how I used to "study" for the leaving..... I'll tell you something though, no ones notes were as organised as mine by the time the exam came around....shame I never read half of them. :pac:

I once heard Adrienne Rich's poetry being described as "like putting your testicles in a vice.". And that was by an English teacher who was on the Countdown to 4/06 programme on 2FM every year. :P
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Alas, I've been telling myself the same thing for the past four weeks..... that graphics book I spent 60quid on still lays untouched on my desk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Went out in Dublin last night and I remember ridiculously little of it. Must remember to eat something before I go out next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

MP3 player was put in the wash :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Have to register for Spring semester back at UL tomorrow. Looks like it's back to absolutely dire lectures very, very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh friends :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Excel is the tool of the devil.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Systems Analysis. Load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm so annoyed with the make up industry! My skin does not match your variety of orange and pink shades! Feel like I should just get white facepaint at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I didnt get in till 5 this morning, then had people texting me/ringing me non stop from 7am onwards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed with the make up industry! My skin does not match your variety of orange and pink shades! Feel like I should just get white facepaint at this stage!

Made for pale people :)

http://www.illamasqua.com/

Ugh, all you had to do was say "Thank you", would that really be so hard? Instead of making some stupid sarcastic comment as always. It's called manners. Learn some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I didnt get in till 5 this morning, then had people texting me/ringing me non stop from 7am onwards :mad:

Pffft, That is nothing, try 3am :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

cork*girl wrote: »
    Pffft, That is nothing, try 3am :P

Yea, sorry about that... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Made for pale people :)

http://www.illamasqua.com/
    Where does one purchase such goods in Cork? :o I've never seen the brand in shops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Another looong week and I've so much to do, is a day off to much to ask for?! Ugh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement