Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

ireland down to 14/1 to win outright , was 50/1 after usa game:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

duckysauce wrote: »
    ireland down to 14/1 to win outright , was 50/1 after usa game:cool:

OK so at this stage you might think I'm working for Betfair but:

Ireland matched at 120/1 after the USA
    Ireland now at 27/1

Actually think the 27/1 is an ok bet considering who we get in the quarters and maybe England in the semi

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

175226.JPG

Liking the look of Romania +45 and maybe South Africa -60.

I definitely fancy the Argies if Dr. Phil is fit.

I like USA on the + vs Aus

I think England might destroy Romania though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

the aussies will be out for blood after last week , if conditions are good say they will blow the yanks away, went for the japs tomorrow should be a good match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Parra at outhalf and Traille at fullback for France does not look too healthy. The All Blacks will be keen to put in a big performance. I have steamed into NZ -16 @ evens on Victor Chandler..I can see the line around 21-22 points come kickoff

Weather depending i will be on Australia to smash the USA too..they will be looking to put in a big performance..

South Africa will also have to be looked at on the handicap..Hougarrd looks class at scrumhalf so may be worth a punt for a hattrick at 14/1

Any fancies for Japan/tonga game? Handicap has come in from 9 points to 4 points for Japan. The Japan win @ 7/4 looks decent.

I like USA on the + vs Aus

I think England might destroy Romania though

Oz will be looking for a big performance though and I'd imagine Deans will put out a strong enough team.

I think seeing Russia today puts the Americans into context. Dry day and Australia could come close to the 100 point mark.

England to beat Romania out the gate alright

I've stuck a few cents on France at 7/1, on the basis of you can't predict how the French will do, with any lineup!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I've stuck a few cents on France at 7/1, on the basis of you can't predict how the French will do, with any lineup!

It's hard to know. Other than Parra and having Servat on the bench it's still a pretty strong team. The Kiwi media has wrote them off already. Will the All Blacks?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Oz will be looking for a big performance though and I'd imagine Deans will put out a strong enough team.

Australia team named and it's strong. Cooper, Genia, Beale, Mitchell, Alexander, Elsom all included. Still missing Pocock and Moore only fit for the bench with one or two others being rested due to knocks (Horwill and JOC) but nearly all the others are in. Palu back in the side for Samo who was ineffective. I think their back three and halfbacks will slice the USA open.

EDIT: USA have made 14 changes to the side that beat Russia. Clever, Emerick, Ngwenya, Paterson are all gone. EOS clearly seeing this one as a foregone conclusion.

• Advertisement

Just went for Oz -60 after seeing the teams.

(could have got -46 last night, dang)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Drew Mitchell starts on the wing for Oz on friday.

With them having to play Usa and Russia in the group they could score about 20 tries in those 2 games.

Yet he's 60/1 on betfair for top try scorer.

Is he unlikely to play further on in the comp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Went for USA +60. As I keep saying, God loves a tryer. :D

Went for USA +60. As I keep saying, God loves a tryer. :D

Don't do it JD. If its a dry day Oz could put a 100 on them.

Remember how the American B team did against the Saxons in the Churchill Cup ?

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Drew Mitchell starts on the wing for Oz on friday.

With them having to play Usa and Russia in the group they could score about 20 tries in those 2 games.

Yet he's 60/1 on betfair for top try scorer.

Is he unlikely to play further on in the comp?

He's into 22/1 now on betfair but still available @ 50/1 on skybet..Def worth a shot..he could run in 5 against US

Yardie wrote: »
    He's into 22/1 now on betfair but still available @ 50/1 on skybet..Def worth a shot..he could run in 5 against US

Yea seen that.
    I tried to place my bet but it would'nt place it.
    I did'nt know about this australian wallet thing and having to transfare money into it.
    By the time I got off the phoneto customer services the 60.0 was all gone .:(
    I dont have a sky bet account either.

Yea seen that.
    I tried to place my bet but it would'nt place it.
    I did'nt know about this australian wallet thing and having to transfare money into it.
    By the time I got off the phoneto customer services the 60.0 was all gone .:(
    I dont have a sky bet account either.

worth your while opening one, some great odds on there plus $50 free bet.

Given the team news Australia -60 is gonna have to be smashed into.treble Aus/ SA/Eng all to beat handicaps @ 7/1--well worth a punt.

Looking at the top Irish tryscorer market there could be a bit of value in it if Bowe does'nt start against Russia.

O'Driscoll is 20/1 :eek:
    O'Brien is 25/1
    Trimble is also 20/1 and I'd say he will start.

They are the ones I was looking at .
    Bowe at 8/15 is awlful value considering he has only got 2.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/world-cup-2011?ev_oc_grp_ids=491615

Anyone catch the eye ?

Edit I just backed Earls 9/1 and Trimble 20/1.
    O'Driscoll prob wont be risked and hoping now Bowe is rested aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Currently got a treble on

Tonga this morning (-12) - Was the dodgy part!
    New Zealand over France
    Scotland over Argentine (-2)

Coming in at about 10/1

Was just in a Paddy Powers shop and they have Australia to score 100pts against USA at 14/1.
    Its a shop special.

I think its worth a few quid.

• Advertisement

Was just in a Paddy Powers shop and they have Australia to score 100pts against USA at 14/1.
    Its a shop special.

I think its worth a few quid.[/QUOTE

Is that an in store only bet?

[/QUOTE

Is that an in store only bet?[/QUOTE]

Yea I think so it was one of those power plays they do in shop.
    100pts is a lot but at 14/1 worth the risk.

[/QUOTE

100pts is a lot but at 14/1 worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as the handicap is 62 @ 10/11 I think 14/1 is a cracking bet. Thanks for highlighting it.

[/QUOTE

100pts is a lot but at 14/1 worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind telling me what store you got it in?

I'm going to go down to my local PP and if its not on display I'm going to say my mate robbie got it in such and such ;)

PP usually have great customer service but you get the odd donk who 'knows nuthin about nuthin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Interestingly, PP seem to have stopped offering the adjusted handicap market top 10 sides versus minnows matches. That's where I was making my money in the WC doing 3 or 4 of them in accumulators and playing it safe for odds of about 3/1. Still offering it for stuff like NZ vs France, Fiji vs Samoa and Argentina vs Scotland but not for anything that's a one sided affair. Disappointing.

.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go down to my local PP and if its not on display I'm going to say my mate robbie got it in such and such ;)

PP usually have great customer service but you get the odd donk who 'knows nuthin about nuthin'[/QUOTE]

Sorry only seen this now l got it in Drogheda but it was on the screens
    it was a power play called " Aussie Rules "

ask them to check for the power plays if you cant see it on the screen

PP usually have great customer service but you get the odd donk who 'knows nuthin about nuthin'[/QUOTE]

Sorry only seen this now l got it in Drogheda but it was on the screens
    it was a power play called " Aussie Rules "

ask them to check for the power plays if you cant see it on the screen[/QUOTE]

No worries the guy in the local PP was well clued in. Thought it was a cracking bet himself. Spent ten minutes talking rugby with him, can't beat knowledgeable staff.

Did you get it on then yea ?

Tommy Bowe is a injury concern for sundays match
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/worldcup/2011/0922/rwc_ireland.html

PP still have the odds up for top Irish tryscorer.
    Someone is bound to score 2 tries against Russia.
    Presuming he isnt going to play there is value there.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/world-cup-2011?ev_oc_grp_ids=491615

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

No worries the guy in the local PP was well clued in. Thought it was a cracking bet himself. Spent ten minutes talking rugby with him, can't beat knowledgeable staff.

I'm on the bet aswell lads. It's a cracking bet.

You can't beat those moments when you walk up to collect your docket and the GUY behind the counter goes....

"Jesus you where lucky there"

Then ye have a nice old talk about the match and you leave with a bigger grin ha

• Advertisement

Just looked on oddschecker and other bookies are offering 14/1 for them to win by 101 or more but our bet we dont have to worry about if USA because its only for Oz to score a 100 not win by 100.

Advertisement