Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

seanhynes wrote: »
    haha they paid out!! they only copped 92nd min!

wont last long, unless you withdrew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

that i did!

seanhynes wrote: »
    that i did!

get ready for the minus account :pac: (unless they are in a good mood)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

nice didnt cop my goal bet came in on the canadian match,waiting on romania +33 to cover the double now!

going with 22.50 for 117 on

man city -1
    leeds v palace over 2.5
    barca-1
    england -4

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

Headshot wrote: »
    wont last long, unless you withdrew
    the asa - goias game??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yardie wrote: »
    3 bets to keep an eye on in the prem tomorrow lads.

1/Spurs Wolves over 3.5 cards @ 5/6 bet365

Peter Walton in charge and he been dishing out cards for fun lately http://www.soccerway.com/referees/peter-walton/56446/

Every one of Wolves games have had over 3.5 cards, with likes of Hunt, Henry, O'Hara, Adebayor on show tomorrow this is likely to continue.

2/ Spurs Wolves over 11.5 corners @10/11

Both sides averaging 14 or over corners per game so far this season.Both sides play with width(Jarvis, Lennon et al) which is key to plenty of corners.

3/ Stoke/Liverpool over 3.5 cards @ 4/5

Mark Clattenburg in charge, generally has high card index. Palacios, Whelan,Adam, Suarez, Shawcross etc. Plenty of players not shy of a card.

Combined odds works out at 5.92/1 on Bet365, few bob on that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Over 2.5 in the Man ****ty and Arse games tomorrow for me in a double.
    Crap odds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Quick question do you need to send any bills or ****e like that when joining betfair or bet 365 like you do with PP??
    Couldnt be arsed the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

Quick question do you need to send any bills or ****e like that when joining betfair or bet 365 like you do with PP??
    Couldnt be arsed the hassle.
    na i didnt- an i used laser card...

I dont understand this

Gamba Osaka v Omiya Ardija -1 @6/5

why such good odds

I know by looking at the stats that Omiya dont let in alot goals but they are up against the best team in Japan at the moment and scoring for fun

I just dont understand the odds, are they injuries or missing players for the home team? Does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I dont understand this

why such good odds

I know by looking at the stats that Omiya dont let in alot goals but they are up against the best team in Japan at the moment and scoring for fun

I just dont understand the odds, are they injuries or missing players for the home team? Does anyone know?

:)

avoid.jpg

lol

tbf ade iv won money on them a few times

I keep looking for previews but nothing so if I cant find anything I wont bother

Na I wont go for it but ill let it sit there and if it comes up Ill hunt you down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

I dont understand this

why such good odds

I noticed a similar looking bet with Tampine Rovers in the Singapore League the other day. Thought the -1 was a cert but they only won 1-0. Think the Asian teams have been on a two week break (Correct me if wrong) as Tampine rovers hadnt played a game in over two weeks before the game the other day and I notice Gamba Osaka haven't played since 24th of August which is a break of over 2 weeks, so this could be the reason for the high odds. Looks very tempting on paper, id nearly lump on it but it's rarely you see the bookies get it wrong. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Yardie wrote: »
    3 bets to keep an eye on in the prem tomorrow lads.

1/Spurs Wolves over 3.5 cards @ 5/6 bet365

Peter Walton in charge and he been dishing out cards for fun lately http://www.soccerway.com/referees/peter-walton/56446/

Every one of Wolves games have had over 3.5 cards, with likes of Hunt, Henry, O'Hara, Adebayor on show tomorrow this is likely to continue.

2/ Spurs Wolves over 11.5 corners @10/11

Both sides averaging 14 or over corners per game so far this season.Both sides play with width(Jarvis, Lennon et al) which is key to plenty of corners.

3/ Stoke/Liverpool over 3.5 cards @ 4/5

Mark Clattenburg in charge, generally has high card index. Palacios, Whelan,Adam, Suarez, Shawcross etc. Plenty of players not shy of a card.

Lastly anyone know of a market for the boy Frimpong to be shown a card?? Back from suspension tomorrow.

Despite the 4000 other bets made available, I can't find anything for corners of cards on PP. Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Also have Florida International +4.5 spread in the American Football (on ESPN at the minute)
    Nice one, saw that not only they covered the spread, but they won as well. Will have to look for more your NCAAF picks. Useless Galaxy won only 1:0, was choosing between them and Philly in MLB, oh well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Powerplay tomorrow is Pool, Chelsea and Rangers @ 5/1 for anyone interested

Small bet on all 3 to draw.
    I think that will have a better chance than 3 away wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Cottbus - Eintracht Frankfurt: Frankfurt
    (so far this season, Frankfurt have drawn all their home matches and won all their away matches...hope the trend continues today)
    Fortuna Dusseldorf - Karlsruhe : Fortuna Dusseldorf
    (conversely, Dusseldorf have drawn all their away matches and won all their home matches)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just heading to work now for the day so did a quick accumulator of;

Arsenal -1
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Man City -1
    Barca
    Real Madrid -1

€20 @ about 9/1 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Some accums. I've made for today:

1: Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, West Ham, over 2.5 in the Real Madrid game @3.38

2: Llanelli, Bala Town or draw, Chernomorets (Bulgaria), Aktobe or draw, Lucerne or draw (Switzerland) @4.40

3: Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea, over 2.5 Real Madrid-Getafe, Man City, Rooney anytime, Aktobe-Astana=draw @15.37

4: Eintracht Frankfurt, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Arsenal, Man City to score over 1.5, Llanelli, Chelsea @5.93

5: CSKA Moscow, Zenith, Rangers, Celtic, Man City, Dacia, Zimbru (last 2 = Moldovan league) @19.56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Gone with Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea today. €10 returns €93.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Little bit of my thoughts for this weekends Dutch Eredivisie:

10 september 2011 Roda JC FC Twente
    Should be a Twente win, also over 2,5

10 september 2011 De Graafschap NEC
    Hard one to call Graafschap DNB or BTS

10 september 2011 ADO Den Haag RKC Waalwijk
    Waalwijk has a great start but a home win is what i think will happen

10 september 2011 AZ Vitesse
    AZ and likely to go over 2,5

10 september 2011 Heracles Almelo Ajax
    Ajax have been scoring for fun. Ajax win. Not too sure about over 2,5. Plastic pitch and all that.

11 september 2011 SC Heerenveen FC Groningen
    Derby of the north, hard to call a result but over 2,5 is likely

11 september 2011 NAC Breda Feyenoord
    Draw here. Maybe Feyenoord DNB and both teams to score.

11 september 2011 VVV Venlo PSV
    PSV will win this. Ajax might have lost point there but cant see that happening to PSV. PSV also bought Matavz this week from Groningen. A guy to keep your eye on for goals. Over 2,5 is a good bet too

11 september 2011 Excelsior FC Utrecht
    Stay away. Cant call this one. Excelsior has been rubbish but Utrecht not much better. Utrecht also having more injuries than fit players atm.
    If you really need to bet this one, under 2,5.

I base my thoughts about over 2,5 on whether or not the supposedly weaker team is capable of scoring. Unless of course there is a huge difference in strength. The weaker team scoring then is only a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Man City -1
    Arsenal -1
    Southampton
    Charlton
    Shrewsbury
    Gillingham
    Real Madrid -3
    Bayern Munich
    Werder Bremen
    AZ Alkmaar
    Standard Liege

275/1

Any opinions?:D Think Madrid -3 is a bit ambitious but PP don't have -2.

PP have -2 and -1 in the All Other Markets > Alternative Handicap section.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Leeds V Crystal Palace,

This game has overs written all over it! Grayson loves to play an attack minded style of play getting loads of goals last season, Leeds lost a couple of players over the summer, but also picked some goal scorers in Clayton and Nunez, also very leaky in defense!

Doubling this with over in the Arsenal game for a combined 1.8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going with a €30 longshot for starters

Brighton
    MK Dons
    Man City -2
    Chelsea
    West Ham

Pays €1212

Also going €50 on todays 7 prem games going over 1.5 paying €140 pp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

going to put 300 on man city beating wigan today at 1-5, the 60 quid should pay for my night out tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

**** it iv been thinkin about it all week. going huge on arsenal -1 today..
    swansea manager has family bereavement so he wont be at emirates today, hopefully the new signings 4 arsenal hit the ground running.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Brendan Rogers won't be at the game in the Emirates due to a family death, for those looking at the Arsenal game. How influential this will be in the grand context, who knows.
    Not going near Arsenal myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Arsenal -2 @5/2

Man City -2 @7/5

Everton v Aston Villa; under 2.5 goals @4/6

Stoke/Stoke (half time/full time) @9/2

€10 pays €770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Shane St. wrote: »
    **** it iv been thinkin about it all week. going huge on arsenal -1 today..
    swansea manager has family bereavement so he wont be at emirates today, hopefully the new signings 4 arsenal hit the ground running.

Could mean the Swansea players playing out of their skin as a tribute to their manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement