Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Im looking at Derby away to Coventry and Portsmouth away to West Ham and Southampton at home to Nottingham Forest.

Derby have made impressive start (4-0-1) but lost last game (Burnley) they will want to get back to winning ways and have got perfect chance here against relegation fav Coventry. Other play could be unders Coventry 4 out of there 5 games have been under were Derby 2 out of five and two coming in away games ending 0-1.

There could be a play on the + HC for Portsmouth. All of West Ham form has been away from home i watched the first game (Cardiff) they were really poor although didnt desevre to lose. Portsmouth love to keep things tight away from home try nick 1 nils and draws while relying on home for wins they have had 3 draws 2 away from home. Also unders could come in here too or BTS because Portsmouth have brought in much needed fire power Benjani coming back and Huseklepp from Bari dont know much about him.

Southampton they've taken to Championship like ducks to water scoring loads of goals and playing great football. As with Derby lost last time out and have a great chance against a very weakened Forest side from last year. They have only got one win (Doncaster) who have been missing 7-8-9 first team players. They are alot weaker from last and they werent that great away from either last year from a stronger position home win and over here maybe a - HC on Southampton here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Overs in the Santos game tonight is 2/5 , worst overs odds i've possibly ever seen

edit, misread it, 3/5 still shocking!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

One single for this afternoon, Debrecen (-1.0) @ 11/8

In action in the league cup, so could be dodgy yes. Top of Hungarian League with 8 wins on the bounce now and have scored 19 goals in those matches. Only 2 of those matches have they failed to score more than 1 goal.

Vasas, the team they are facing are near the relegation spot, only a few points above it. 16 points below Debrecen.

As said, tis in the league cup so starting XI might be weakened but anywhere near full strength, and Debrecen should win and beat the handicap.

Small stake in this one.

Will look at Seria A games later on. 3 home wins look good on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Leyton orient are evens at home to Dag and Red this evening. Seems good value to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

One single for this afternoon, Debrecen (-1.0) @ 11/8

In action in the league cup, so could be dodgy yes. Top of Hungarian League with 8 wins on the bounce now and have scored 19 goals in those matches. Only 2 of those matches have they failed to score more than 1 goal.

Vasas, the team they are facing are near the relegation spot, only a few points above it. 16 points below Debrecen.

As said, tis in the league cup so starting XI might be weakened but anywhere near full strength, and Debrecen should win and beat the handicap.

Small stake in this one.
    Is this one game or they will have a 2nd game as well in Debrecen? Edit: Checked by myself, it's a group competition, 2nd game out of 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Anymore good tips??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Headshot wrote: »
    Thinking of repeating my bet from the other day
    Galway v Dundalk

Dundalk to win and 5 or more total goals in the match

5 goals to much to ask for ya?
    It shouldn't be Headshot, we will have one defender back from suspension but that wont make much difference. The thing with our games is once a team gets 2or3 in front they tend to sit off and relax. It happened with Rovers, Bohs, Pats already this season, i wait for the in-play and get on the handicap big if we start badly usually, i go to the home games so its easy to tell once we concede and how early it is whether we will die a death or compete a bit. Sligo paid off handsomely a couple of moths back, backed them -4 at 2 nil and did 8-0 and 9-0 at ht ,it finished 8-0. Depends on Dundalks attitude but if they are up for it it could be another profitable evening in Terryland for me, small mercies :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

It shouldn't be Headshot, we will have one defender back from suspension but that wont make much difference. The thing with our games is once a team gets 2or3 in front they tend to sit off and relax. It happened with Rovers, Bohs, Pats already this season, i wait for the in-play and get on the handicap big if we start badly usually, i go to the home games so its easy to tell once we concede and how early it is whether we will die a death or compete a bit. Sligo paid off handsomely a couple of moths back, backed them -4 at 2 nil and did 8-0 and 9-0 at ht ,it finished 8-0. Depends on Dundalks attitude but if they are up for it it could be another profitable evening in Terryland for me, small mercies :).

And they say never to back against your own team ;) Or did they? Ah well backing against Galway always makes money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Samich wrote: »
    Anymore good tips??

CSKA Sofia have a club friendly kickin off at 4, might be one to keep an eye on if an early goal or too go in it might give good overs. hoping 365 will have an in play market

Gotta lovehate league cups, no matter the league. Too tempting today though.

Hopefully if anyone followed, they had small stakes at most. I did try and make note of small stakes in my original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Could anyone find me the Portuguese U19 league table?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Gotta lovehate league cups, no matter the league. Too tempting today though.

Hopefully if anyone followed, they had small stakes at most. I did try and make note of small stakes in my original post.
    Goals looks like the order of the day (25 in the opening 3, of the next 3 - 2 are over by half time, the other is at 2 goals with an hour gone), often happens when teams start fielding weaker sides. Odds are 4.50 for both of the later kick off games to go over 3.5 goals, odds on over 2.5 are quite low, 1.30 in one of the games. Might slab a few quid on that in a moment for some interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 more small bets on the Welsh league:

Bala Town - Port Tablot : Bala Town
    Carmarthen - Llanelli : draw

Airbus UK - Bangor City : Airbus UK

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bala Town - Port Tablot : Bala Town
    Carmarthen - Llanelli : draw

Airbus UK - Bangor City : Airbus UK

Im shocked, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Premier League Matches Bolton v Man Utd Money-Back Special
    10-09-2011 17:30
    Insurebet First Goalscorer
    W Rooney @ 2/1

Premier League Matches Man City v Wigan Athletic
    10-09-2011 15:00
    E Dzeko @ 6/4
    Your Bets

Double
    1 line at €34.97 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €34.97
    Potential returns: €262.27

picking this one early

2 players that are on fire at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

My tip for the weekend is Robbie Brady Insured Goalscorer this weekend for Hull City against Peterbrough. He got a goal for Hull in their last match and for the Ireland U21's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double 2nite

Linfield 1/2
    Crusaders 1/2

Single
    Linfield Ht Linfield Ft 6/5

Im shocked, why?

Yea I know it's a long shot but:

-Airbus got 3 draws this season against Llanelli, Prestatyn and Port Talbot who are decent teams in that league, so they're no pushovers.

-Bangor only won 2 of their 4 games this season and lost 1 game away.

From what I've gathered Airbus are a tough team to beat and Bangor might be missing one of their centre backs, and they have a big game this weekend against TNS so they might not be 100% focused for tonight's game.

There's good value for an Airbus win so I have a small bet on it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

What time do the bookies close at now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

W Rooney @ 2/1

E Dzeko @ 6/4

On this too, let's hope it comes in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I've went with;

Glentoran
    Cadiz
    Hercules
    Linfield
    Deportivo

Was considering a double, treble or a rare sight for me, an accum but just gone for two singles in the same match.

Just after comparing teams past matches, home and away form, goals scored and league position I've gone for these singles

Botafogo -1 @ 5/4 and -2 @ 16/5

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Gone for this accum over the weekend:

Utd v Bolton,
    City v Wigan,
    Everton/Villa under 2.5 (Neither team have score more than 2 goals so far and rarely do between one another, and with Bent out for Villa this looks decent.)

Liverpool 6/5 (I think Liverpool squad is really good and they're going to have a great season under Dalgish. Stoke are hard to beat at home but I think this liverpool side has too much)

and Arsenal v swansea( hopefully new boys coming in can shine, Arsenal need 3 points to get the campaign going)

15e @ 7.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Töpher wrote: »
    Goals looks like the order of the day (25 in the opening 3, of the next 3 - 2 are over by half time, the other is at 2 goals with an hour gone), often happens when teams start fielding weaker sides. Odds are 4.50 for both of the later kick off games to go over 3.5 goals, odds on over 2.5 are quite low, 1.30 in one of the games. Might slab a few quid on that in a moment for some interest.
    Got distracted by something shiny and forgot to put this bet on. First game finished 4-2, second is 1-3 at half time. D'oh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Are the Nordy teams not playing tonight?

Thinking of doing this bet for tomorrow (Welsh league):

Bala Town - Port Talbot : Bala Town:)
    Newtown - Prestatyn: Prestatyn:)
    @4.62

Pick won!

Bala Town - Port Tablot : Bala Town:)
    Carmarthen - Llanelli : draw:(

Airbus UK - Bangor City : Airbus UK:mad:

Airbus were in front TWICE and also missed a penalty, too bad they've never heard of the word "defending" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Airbus were in front TWICE and also missed a penalty, too bad they've never heard of the word "defending" :mad:
    I think Bangors equaliser before half time was the killer for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Botafogo -2 @ 16/5

took your advice on this one- looking good at 3-0 with 77mins gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I've went with;

Glentoran
    Cadiz
    Hercules
    Linfield
    Deportivo

All in so far. Hercules 0-0 at HT!