Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Explain to me how this is a dogdy online shop?

http://www.e-lites.co.uk/

??

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Opit,
    I had a look at your link but in fairness my Polish isnt really up to scratch :rolleyes: any chance you could translate or tell us what buttons to press ;)??

Mezamo.

mewso wrote: »
    No offence but we all as smokers had the time and money to spend €60+ per week on the real thing. Anyway it works for you which is a good thing just bear in mind that if at some point it stops working for you or doesn't quite hit the spot there are better options out there.

I do not have a credit card so I have to bug a friend of mine to get it for me etc pp. And why do you think I am stopping, BECAUSE I haven't got the money.

Jeez...:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you're a friendly guy. You've a good way of dealing with people who are trying to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

EGAR wrote: »
    I didn't ask for rude replies. I asked for help/advise re a battery. And what I buy and not buy is none of your business.

Jeez.
    Don't take me wrong, that was my honest advice. I bought two ecigs like your one long time ago. Battery works for 30-40 minutes, atomizer last for 2-5 days, cartridge can hold only 2-3 drops of eliquid (some of them bit more) and last thing - no spare parts (you have to buy another kit).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

??

Well I'm not sure where I said anything about that site. There are certain patterns in the e-cig world at the moment. The huge amount of online stores that stock various models and generally try to keep abreast of the latest stuff and get it in and then there are sites like that one you posted where they are simply trying to sell one device that they either made themselves or got cheap from China. They market only that one but they push it to Chemists and Deal sites like DealExtreme etc. All I'm saying is that so far these kinds of sellers are not selling a good product. Now if it works for you then great but seriously I'm not saying these things to get at you or denigrate your chosen e-cig. It's nothing personal. It's an attempt at advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Think you need to chill out EGAR, nobody made such an implication. As Sir Digby said, these people are only trying to help and maybe point you in the right direction. Ultimately its everyones personal decision what they buy and how it performs

I leave you to it so, thanks for the advise. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Mezamo wrote: »
    Opit,
    I had a look at your link but in fairness my Polish isnt really up to scratch :rolleyes: any chance you could translate or tell us what buttons to press ;)??

Mezamo.

Scroll down to the bottom right hand corner, click on the GB flag and Euro ;)

The input boxes for your address are a little weird on the address line you put your street name then the your house number on the first box of the two on the right hand side of the address line.

Took me a while to get to grips with it :p

Ordered this morning and I've been informed my order will be shipped today, make sure you select the right shipping, I think it's the one at 3.94 Internation al post or something to that effect.

Oh and beside the product, to order select the amount and then click on the shopping cart icon. It takes some getting used to to navigate, if all else fails, click like a mad man and you'll get there! :D

Mezamo wrote: »
    Opit,

Mezamo.

Sorry for small delay.
    Like our friend above said switch language to english and currency to euro (bottom right of website).
    - go to e-liquid/joyetech
    - take what you need: "aromat" flavour, "zawartość nikotyny" nicotine level
    - go to checkout ;)
    - Choose delivery form "Zagraniczna przesyłka pocztowa" (international) Foreign postal
    - click Choose pay form Paypal
    - rest is in english
    Hope that help

That's very popular store in Poland so I'm sure there will be no problems. Delivery takes about 3-5 business days.

• Advertisement

Fantastic service from those guys so far Opit.

Delivery confirmation received with track and trace #

Just a quickie on the atty, started getting a very foul taste today and had been getting it intermittently, a few pulls with no battery power and one gentle blow in seemed to remedy the problem.

Today no more, still the same harsh burnt taste, even after a clean in boiling water and baking soda and all dried out.

I take it she's toast or at least it's the beginning of the end for her?

18 days ain't bad I suppose. I might try and remove the wick seeming as it's probably on its way out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

??
    I don't think anyone mentioned a dodgy shop - the only mention was of dodgy devices.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Hey all. I'm off smokes now two weeks and it's no bother at all so long as I have my ecig. I ran out of juice though last Friday and told myself I'd see how I go without the ecig becauase I wouldn't be able to get anymore over the bank holiday weekend. It was horrific :pac: and I was very nearly tempted to buy some smokes as more juice wasn't an option. I managed to get through it though and got some more liquid.

Back on it now and not even thinking about smoking cigarettes but I do want to eventually come off the ecig so was just wondering about nicotine levels in juices. I've only tried 18mg nicotine tobacco flavour liquid because I've been a bit strapped for cash. I'm hoping to taper down the nicotine so was just wondering if the throat hit scales down with the nicotine levels. I'm using an ego-T.

Say I get 0mg nicotine juice, will it be like smoking Silk Cut Ultra or something or will it be exactly the same but just with no nicotine? Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Back on it now and not even thinking about smoking cigarettes but I do want to eventually come off the ecig so was just wondering about nicotine levels in juices. I've only tried 18mg nicotine tobacco flavour liquid because I've been a bit strapped for cash. I'm hoping to taper down the nicotine so was just wondering if the throat hit scales down with the nicotine levels. I'm using an ego-T.

Say I get 0mg nicotine juice, will it be like smoking Silk Cut Ultra or something or will it be exactly the same but just with no nicotine? Cheers.

Yeah less nicotine less throat hit in general. You can try Low Resistance attys with lower nicotine if it doesn't do the job on a standard as the hotter an atty runs the better the throat hit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I bought Premium Vanilla eLiquid 24mg from thebestshop. I can't get any taste or aroma from it at all. I know some of you here are fans of vanilla. Which shop/brand do you recommend?

I'm thinking of getting the standard eliquid from thevapourstore. Anybody tried this? Why don't the shops show the PG/VG ratio of the juice?? :confused:
    I need mostly PG from the Ego-T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Agonist wrote: »
    I bought Premium Vanilla eLiquid 24mg from thebestshop. I can't get any taste or aroma from it at all. I know some of you here are fans of vanilla. Which shop/brand do you recommend?

I'm thinking of getting the standard eliquid from thevapourstore. Anybody tried this? Why don't the shops show the PG/VG ratio of the juice?? :confused:

The standard liquid from vapourireland or the vapourstore are my favourite, they're both the dekang brand.Vapourireland sell 50ml for €15 which is very good value.

Agonist wrote: »
    Why don't the shops show the PG/VG ratio of the juice?? :confused:

Safe assumption if they don't say is 100% PG.

Just a heads up on an offer from www.irishvapers.ie. 10% off for all boards folk using the code BOARDS. I have no association with them just passing on the offer should anyone wish to avail of it.

you know how long the offer will last? wont have money for a purchase until the week after next

you know how long the offer will last? wont have money for a purchase until the week after next

He didn't say but I suspect you will be ok for a few weeks. I've been talking to Alberto from the site and sorting things out with the powers that be so he can post here himself although he probably could anyway but he wants to be sure it's ok to do so. In any case I expect he can answer questions soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How do the irishvapers e-cigs compare with the Joye ones? Anyone any experiences / recommendations?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

mewso wrote: »
    Just a heads up on an offer from www.irishvapers.ie. 10% off for all boards folk using the code BOARDS. I have no association with them just passing on the offer should anyone wish to avail of it.

Their logo is great! It'd make a deadly shirt.

Got some HG liquids from Heaven-Gifts today. Chocolate, Roasted Coffee and Virginia.

Liquid is high quality, taste wise, I've only tried chocolate so far, the best description I can give, tastes like a knock off of yazoo :)

It's pleasant, just ordered a small 10ml bottle, probably wouldn't order choco again though.

Looking forward to trying roasted coffee, smells delicious.

Samba wrote: »
    Got some HG liquids from Heaven-Gifts today. Chocolate, Roasted Coffee and Virginia.

Liquid is high quality, taste wise, I've only tried chocolate so far, the best description I can give, tastes like a knock off of yazoo :)

It's pleasant, just ordered a small 10ml bottle, probably wouldn't order choco again though.

Looking forward to trying roasted coffee, smells delicious.

Roasted Coffee is really good (Cappuccino as well)! I love it. However every eliquid from Heaven Gifts is very dark in color and clogging 510 atomizers very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Opit wrote: »
    Roasted Coffee is really good (Cappuccino as well)! I love it. However every eliquid from Heaven Gifts is very dark in color and clogging 510 atomizers very fast.

I found the same problem with Totally Wicked

Yeah, had read that alright, so went with the mega atty to try and alleviate that problem, so far so good 1 cart vaped.

So far the mega atty has produced far more consistent results than the standard one, seems to run much cooler and in 4 days use it's been nothing but 100%, no burn taste detected so far, whereas with the standard one, it produced a random burn taste after the 2nd day of use.

Could be luck of the draw, but i'm switching between two mega attys and i'm delighted to date. Edit - Type B I bought.

hrm, no laser on that irishvapers site :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

Having recently become frustrated with going through so many EGOT attys because I am a heavy vapour user - I remembered that the original ego had a very dependable atty - so here goes - the best of both worlds - use every part of your egot except instead of the egot atty use an old ego atty and replace the cap at the bottom of the egot tank with a wick from the old style ego ( which you cut to at least half it's original length - 3/4 fill the tank - put the wick at the bottom push it down on the big ego atty and hey presto - you have the best of both worlds.
    if anyone wants more instructions or photos let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Where do you get the wick?

• Advertisement

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Where do you get the wick?

Clearomizer ;)

Advertisement