Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArseBook

Opit wrote: »
    Because orginal Joye 510-T has crappy auto battery (still the same sound sensor!). Believe me this kit passed long tests and quality is really high (the same as Joye or even better). A few other guys from this forum also tested this product before it went on sale.
    The same factory redesigned 510 auto battery for thebestshop and soon you will see for sale new 510 battery with real vaccum sensor (same as 901).

Tell me why they sell also manual ones? http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-329.html

Thanks for that info, I didn't realise that version was a quality one.

I have no idea about your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

ArseBook wrote: »
    Thanks for that info, I didn't realise that version was a quality one.

I have no idea about your question.

Heaven Gifts - they sold first automatic versions. Later realized that this is not the best choice so now sell only manual version. Joye produces really crappy auto batteries.
    Some time ago you could buy Joye eGo auto batteries (still have one) but not anymore because it's crap.
    If you want good auto ecig get 901 or wait until thebestshop releases a new 510 auto battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One cigarette may contain 1.2mg of nicotine, but a smoker does not inhale the entire cigarette - think of the time elapsing between drags. I'd hazard a guess at 50% max.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Tested with a few beers, tough but this is my first go at it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it can take a while to get used to vaping while drinking, but you will in the end.

• Advertisement

^ Try saying 'A gottle of gear' at the same time as well! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Esel wrote: »
    One cigarette may contain 1.2mg of nicotine, but a smoker does not inhale the entire cigarette - think of the time elapsing between drags. I'd hazard a guess at 50% max.

I'm finding I need two or three type B (2 ml) cartridges per day. Any less and I get cravings for a smoke. That's what's suggested on thebestshop site too. I'm a massively heavy smoker.

There'll need to be more research on how the nicotine is absorbed. It's not adding up. I checked a packet of Samson and it said 0.1 1.0 mg per average smoke. Two packs a week (~120 cigarettes) doesn't add up to much nicotine, but obviously they are very strong, stronger than Marlboro for example.

Any links to research studies if they exist please post here.

Agonist wrote: »
    I checked a packet of Samson and it said 0.1 mg per average smoke.
    A typo on your part? I would have thought 1.0mg?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Esel wrote: »
    A typo on your part? I would have thought 1.0mg?

Well spotted. It's 0.8 to 1.3 mg per cig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I would have considered myself a pretty dedicated smoker, averaging 10-15 a day and 20 if playing poker or doing some other potentially stressful activity.
    When I first started vaping 10 days ago, I couldn't put it down using 18mg 100% VG but I found it was too much for me, even for someone who could easily smoke 20 Camel on a given day.

The Joye Tobacco 11mg landed yesterday, loving this stuff and I find that 11mg is more than sufficient for me, I consumed slightly less than two small carts in one day.

Next order I'm going to drop down levels to 6mg and the plan is to gradually reduce my intake to 0.

Now that I have the Joye Tobacco it's the first time I've been able to vape properly the VG was too thick, first morning I haven't had a smoke, I was still getting my staple 3 in these past 10 days due to vaping issues.

Now 100% analog free from here on in.

• Advertisement

Conversion:

4 mg/ml (0,4%) – 0,2 mg/cigarette,
    6 mg/ml (0,6%) – 0,3 mg/cigarette,
    8 mg/ml (0,8%) – 0,4 mg/cigarette,
    11 mg/ml (1,1%) – 0,55 mg/cigarette,
    14 mg/ml (1,4%) – 0,7 mg/cigarette,
    16 mg/ml (1,6%) – 0,8 mg/cigarette,
    18 mg/ml (1,8%) – 0,9 mg/cigarette,
    24 mg/ml (2,4%) – 1,2 mg/cigarette,
    36 mg/ml (3,6%) – 1,8 mg/cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Hey so im REALLY bored in work and have been reading over this thread in my spare time (gonna take weeks... wheres our forum :mad::mad:), just noticed that someone said you shouldn't charge 510 batteries with the ego charger... is this right because I just ordered a 510 battery and guessed it would be fine to charge with my ego charger???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Hey so im REALLY bored in work and have been reading over this thread in my spare time (gonna take weeks... wheres our forum :mad::mad:), just noticed that someone said you shouldn't charge 510 batteries with the ego charger... is this right because I just ordered a 510 battery and guessed it would be fine to charge with my ego charger???

Yep you would need a standard 510 charger.

mewso wrote: »
    Yep you would need a standard 510 charger.

Damn :D:D:D

I emailed thebestshop and they are gonna switch the 510 battery to liquid for me. They replied to me within the hour and had no problems with the change.

They are my main supplier now as I won't go to vaporireland since i paid so much for my first start up kit and was not aware that it was a copy, thebestshop have a great selection and have great customer service especially on a bank holiday!! Thank you Bart :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Right report since I first started vaping last Friday, haven't smoked one analogue bar one on Friday and my chest has improved 100% (it was that bad I was waking myself up coughing). I'm not even vaping as much as I was the first day ans seem to be happy with one tank per day.

So, so far so good it's the best way I've come across to go off the fags..

Thanks all..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hi ya, I got the E-Lites exec thingy via CityDeals. Haven't touched a real fag since 9 a.m. today which is massive for me. However, I got a question for those in the know. My kit came with an USB charger and it says it takes 3-4 hours to fully charge. However, the red light turns green after only 1 hour or so of charging and then the battery is flat again after half an hour.

Is it a fault or do I have to leave it in for the recommended 3-4 hours regardless of what colour the light is on charger?

Hope that makes sense..?

EGAR wrote: »
    Hi ya, I got the E-Lites exec thingy via CityDeals. Haven't touched a real fag since 9 a.m. today which is massive for me. However, I got a question for those in the know. My kit came with an USB charger and it says it takes 3-4 hours to fully charge. However, the red light turns green after only 1 hour or so of charging and then the battery is flat again after half an hour.

Is it a fault or do I have to leave it in for the recommended 3-4 hours regardless of what colour the light is on charger?

Hope that makes sense..?

Starter kit like your one cost about 10$ in china. Here you have tons of them http://s.dealextreme.com/search/electronic+cigarette.html?page=1
    You can throw it into the bin.
    You have two good stores in your area so buy a proper ecig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Hope that makes sense..?

Sounds like a dodgy battery. How much did you pay for it?

Absolutely loving the Joye liquid!

Unfortunately choice is limited and price is pretty high on thevapourstore (compared to what I've seen offered by US sites who don't deliver internationally)

Does anyone know where I might locate another supplier who ships to Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Samba wrote: »

Unfortunately choice is limited and price is pretty high on thevapourstore (compared to what I've seen offered by US sites who don't deliver internationally)

I searched but the only places I could find it were on the vapour store and totally wicked. I would love to find a Chinese seller myself.

I searched but the only places I could find it were on the vapour store and totally wicked. I would love to find a Chinese seller myself.

I might chance the following..

http://www.sklep.e-cigar.pl/p170,joye-e-liquid-30-ml-plyn-do-napelniania-wkladow-w-elektronicznych-papierosach.html

works out about $7 per 30ml bottle, I might take the plunge, worse case scenario I get scammed for $10 but still no RY4 or other flavours available.

I've contacted both .com and .eu domains for Joyetech, no reply yet.

I literally scoured the net for a good 2 hours last night and the above link is the best that came up.

I was directed there directly from www.joyetech.eu if you translate and click on shop so it should be legit.

I'll let you be the guinea pig then :)

Samba wrote: »

I know one shop in Poland which sell Joye liquid (only Marlboro, Camel, Tobacco). They ships to Ireland :D
    http://www.sklep.e-cigar.pl/k28,e-liquid-joyetech.html

7,89 euro + shipping 30ml bottle or 2,63 euro for 10ml :eek:

Cost counted:
    1x 30ml bottle 11,94 euro incl. shipping
    2x 30ml bottles 19,94 euro incl. shipping (9,97 euro one bottle)
    5x 30ml bottles 43,92 euro incl. shipping (8,79 euro one bottle)

I'm Polish so I can help with shopping.

I'll let you be the guinea pig then :)

Hehe, got an order in for 2 bottles, 60ml for an extra €2.

It's a paypal merchant account so worse case scenario I won't be at a loss if it's a failure
    I know one shop in Poland which sell Joye liquid (only Marlboro, Camel, Tobacco). They ships to Ireland :D
    http://www.sklep.e-cigar.pl/k28,e-liquid-joyetech.html

7,89 euro + shipping 30ml bottle or 2,63 euro for 10ml :eek:

Cost counted:
    1x 30ml bottle 11,94 euro incl. shipping
    2x 30ml bottles 19,94 euro incl. shipping (9,97 euro one bottle)
    5x 30ml bottles 43,92 euro incl. shipping (8,79 euro one bottle)

I'm Polish so I can help with shopping.

That's encouraging to read, cheers for the info.

Order in and I'll report back when there's something to report!

Thanks

Edit - been in contact via email - they speak reasonable English, enough so we understand each other, they seem to be really on the ball, great comms so far, looking good.

Starter kit like your one cost about 10$ in china. Here you have tons of them http://s.dealextreme.com/search/electronic+cigarette.html?page=1
    You can throw it into the bin.
    You have two good stores in your area so buy a proper ecig.

I didn't ask for rude replies. I asked for help/advise re a battery. And what I buy and not buy is none of your business.

Jeez.

I didn't ask for rude replies. I asked for help/advise re a battery. And what I buy and not buy is none of your business.

Jeez.

To be fair he gave you good advice, don't be surprised when you get mass cheaply produced equipment and its faulty.

With regards to the battery you could try leaving it plugged in longer but unless there's a problem with the charger it's likely that it's a dud.

Red will always indicate that power is passing through to the battery and green light when none i.e fully charged, as I said possibly a fault with the charger but unlikely.

Samba, thank you for your reply and info re battery/charger.

Re the advice to throw my kit in the bin, I think not. It works for me so far and I have neither the time nor the money to buy even more and different yokes. I will just have to make do with charging the battery ...

Jeez.

It may have come across as rude but it was accurate I'm afraid but in fairness it was working for your needs so there is no dismissing that. Regardless I think it's a fair judgement on the current state of e-cigs that unless you buy from a dedicated online store you are liable to end up with a piece of crap, be it dodgy battery or dodgy some other part and that includes what pharmacies are selling at the moment. These dodgy devices will put people off and keep them on the real thing so even if it works for a few it's not a good thing overall.

• Advertisement

I have neither the time nor the money to buy even more and different yokes

No offence but we all as smokers had the time and money to spend €60+ per week on the real thing. Anyway it works for you which is a good thing just bear in mind that if at some point it stops working for you or doesn't quite hit the spot there are better options out there.

Advertisement