Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-xl-starter-kit/prod_174.html

thats the best one to get starting off with, still the one I have and use mostly. For throat hit, afaik the higher the nicotine content of the juice the stronger the throat hit.. so for your first order maybe get a 24mg juice in whatever flavour you want. I quite like the ry4 juice, it's tobacco flavoured but with a kinda hint of something.. caramel or something sweet.

Jaysus the more I look the more my head hurts, I was looking at this instead because its €20 cheaper, do they work on the same principle?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-manual-starter-kit/prod_2.html

Sorry for the silly questions..

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

bryaner wrote: »
    Jaysus the more I look the more my head hurts, I was looking at this instead because its €20 cheaper, do they work on the same principle?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-manual-starter-kit/prod_2.html

Sorry for the silly questions..

Do yourself a favour and just order this, most people who are starting now start out with this. You cant go wrong...when you start getting bored with it the you can start trying other variations (cartos, clearos etc.).

http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/new-ego-t-650-starter-kit/prod_186.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Samba wrote: »
    That's strange alright, I got Camal and Mocha VG dekang, wouldn't describe them as horrible in anyway shape or form, when the juice vapes properly (tough with 100% VG) it tastes good but nothing like what they are supposed to.

Camal is like apple light and the Mocha has a tinge of coffee but tastes more like sweet wine/candy.

I got three bottles and as I'll only need it to top off my PG when it gets here, I'd be happy to pop one in the post for you, a little thank you for all the great advice given, fire me a pm if you want to test it out.

Cheers Samba but I'm overloaded in liquid at the moment so it would be wasted on me.

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and just order this, most people who are starting now start out with this. You cant go wrong...when you start getting bored with it the you can start trying other variations (cartos, clearos etc.).

http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/new-ego-t-650-starter-kit/prod_186.html

Right I'm going for the plunge soon will I go with the juice Sir Digby Chicken Caesar recommends the ry4?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Right I'm going for the plunge soon will I go with the juice Sir Digby Chicken Caesar recommends the ry4?

I started with ry4 and its still my favourite

• Advertisement

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I started with ry4 and its still my favourite

Sound, order going in I have enough tobacco to do me till friday, then hopefully see ya dirty smokes.

Cheers for the help all.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I would also advise that anyone starting up should get some menthol.

Its my all day vape and my sister tried it, didn't like the menthol flavour so ordered a starter kit with ry4 and apple, anyway she ordered some menthol a few days ago and now she loves it and uses the ry4 only for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Elevelyn wrote: »
    I would also advise that anyone starting up should get some menthol.

Its my all day vape and my sister tried it, didn't like the menthol flavour so ordered a starter kit with ry4 and apple, anyway she ordered some menthol a few days ago and now she loves it and uses the ry4 only for a change.

I've been vaping Green Mint from thebestshop.eu and it's great. A clear mint flavour with a yummy sweetness. I may stick to this as my preferred juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Agonist wrote: »
    I've been vaping Green Mint from thebestshop.eu and it's great. A clear mint flavour with a yummy sweetness. I may stick to this as my preferred juice.

I'm a Dekang Menthol myself ,50ml for €15 @ vapourireland

A quick question:

I've been vaping for about three days without supplementing it with cigarettes. I was a very very heavy smoker, chain smoking Gitanes when I could get them. So I've been vaping 24mg juice, about 3ml per day (2 Ego-T B cartridges) and I've started feeling like sh*t with headaches and irritability.

Question is: Is this caused by too much nicotine or too little? What's your experience with balancing nicotine intake?

• Advertisement

Opit wrote: »

Also next week I'll get to test a new babe :D (full eGo or battery only - I don't know)
    88da4e6873b658af.jpg

Hey Opit, what's the story with this battery with the LCD display. Is it going to be stocked by thebestshop? It looks like it will fit an Ego-T atty? Will it come in 900mAh?

It looks cool as f*ck :cool:

Sorry for the multiple posts but they're on very different topics. Someone please start a social group so we can get the info without trawling 1500 posts
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

A quick question:

I've been vaping for about three days without supplementing it with cigarettes. I was a very very heavy smoker, chain smoking Gitanes when I could get them. So I've been vaping 24mg juice, about 3ml per day (2 Ego-T B cartridges) and I've started feeling like sh*t with headaches and irritability.

Question is: Is this caused by too much nicotine or too little? What's your experience with balancing nicotine intake?

Short answer ,YES, too much nicotine. I had the same problem myself until I dropped down to 18mg.

Right my eGO has landed putting it trough the coffee test atm, only problem is I don't seem to be getting a good plume seems a bit weak compared to the father in laws intellicig, battery is fully charged.

Edit: Just pushed the mouth piece in a bit and the next vape nearly went to me toes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

Right my eGO has landed putting it trough the coffee test atm, only problem is I don't seem to be getting a good plume seems a bit weak compared to the father in laws intellicig, battery is fully charged.
    Probably you need LR atomizer
    thebestshop has one genuine and cheaper one from other manufacturer

Jaysus I think this is gona work, thanks to all for the advice especially to mewso for starting such a helpful thread. :D

Does anyone have any idea how to convert vaping nicotine dose into the equivalent analogue dose?

Here's my back of an envelope calculations. Looks like I'm getting less nicotine now :confused:

Analogues
    20 cigarettes per day
    10 mg nicotine per cig
    200mg nicotine per day

E-cigarettes
    2 cartridges per day.
    1.5 ml per cartridge
    3 ml per day
    24 mg nicotine per ml
    72 mg nicotine per day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

Does anyone have any idea how to convert vaping nicotine dose into the equivalent analogue dose?

Here's my back of an envelope calculations. Looks like I'm getting less nicotine now :confused:

Analogues
    20 cigarettes per day
    10 mg nicotine per cig 1.2 mg nicotine per cig
    200mg nicotine per day 24 mg nicotine per day

E-cigarettes
    2 cartridges per day.
    1.5 ml per cartridge
    3 ml per day
    24 mg nicotine per ml
    72 mg nicotine per day
    Corrected

Corrected

I better go handy on this thing I'm on me 2nd tank already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I better go handy on this thing I'm on me 2nd tank already..

If you look on the side, or the back of whatever brand of cigs you used to smoke, you'll find a table giving the tar and nicotine content per cigarette.
    (I think Silk Cut is 0.6mg nicotine, and B+H are either 1.2, or 1.4 Mg)
    Just do the math to calculate your daily nicotine intake.

I have a theory (and it is purely my own opinion), that nicotine is not the only addictive substance in fags... reason being, the OH was very edgy when he changed over to the eGo first.
    No matter how much he smoked the eGo, he still felt he wanted "something", without knowing what he wanted.

His solution was to smoke the eGo as a normal fag, until the craving for a fag hit - then smoke a normal fag.
    As the days went on, he smoked fewer analogue cigs., and gradually switched to all e-cigs.

After that, he started gradually reducing the nicotine strength, by adding one drop of 0 nicotine juice to the tank, then two, etc.

He's now adding 4 drops of 18mg strength e-juice per tank, the rest is 0 nicotine.
    So far, it's working for him - I don't know how it would work for anyone else, but it might be worth a try for anyone who's struggling.

Good luck!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You've got bear in mind the one factor not included in these kind of calculations. You are comparing the most efficient nicotine delivery system known to man (i.e. the combustion of a cigarette) to a completely new delivery system whose efficiency remains to be determined from proper testing. If I need a toke, vape, puff whatever you want to call it I take one simple as that. I'll worry about everything else when we have more information. In the strictest sense we have no proof that this is safer but it is very likely so that'll do me for now.

• Advertisement

Noreen1 wrote: »
    If you look on the side, or the back of whatever brand of cigs you used to smoke, you'll find a table giving the tar and nicotine content per cigarette.
    (I think Silk Cut is 0.6mg nicotine, and B+H are either 1.2, or 1.4 Mg)
    Just do the math to calculate your daily nicotine intake.

I have a theory (and it is purely my own opinion), that nicotine is not the only addictive substance in fags... reason being, the OH was very edgy when he changed over to the eGo first.
    No matter how much he smoked the eGo, he still felt he wanted "something", without knowing what he wanted.

His solution was to smoke the eGo as a normal fag, until the craving for a fag hit - then smoke a normal fag.
    As the days went on, he smoked fewer analogue cigs., and gradually switched to all e-cigs.

After that, he started gradually reducing the nicotine strength, by adding one drop of 0 nicotine juice to the tank, then two, etc.

He's now adding 4 drops of 18mg strength e-juice per tank, the rest is 0 nicotine.
    So far, it's working for him - I don't know how it would work for anyone else, but it might be worth a try for anyone who's struggling.

Good luck!

Thanks sounds like a good formula, so far today I've managed to smoke only one fag and vape the rest, it seems pretty good at repelling the demons.

I'm gona take it to the max later and go for a pint, that will be the ultimate test.

Cheers again.

mewso wrote: »
    You've got bear in mind the one factor not included in these kind of calculations. You are comparing the most efficient nicotine delivery system known to man (i.e. the combustion of a cigarette) to a completely new delivery system whose efficiency remains to be determined from proper testing. *If I need a toke, vape, puff whatever you want to call it* I take one simple as that. I'll worry about everything else when we have more information. In the strictest sense we have no proof that this is safer but it is very likely so that'll do me for now.
    I love that guy on youtube who calls it a "toot" :pac:

I love that guy on youtube who calls it a "toot" :pac:

Yeah the guys in the US seem to have adopted that one. Is it good enough for us Europeans though?

mewso wrote: »
    Yeah the guys in the US seem to have adopted that one. Is it good enough for us Europeans though?

It has vaguely Irish roots though.
    Bing Crosby in 1945 sang McNamara's Band.

"Hennessy Tennesy tootles his flute
    Oh, sure tis something grand"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McNamara's_Band

Maybe I'm older than you think ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

ovale wrote: »
    You can get your original 510-T and the original Ovale e-liquid from ovaleireland.com

Is this the same company as ecirettesolutions.com?

Overpriced is what it is no matter what company it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

but you get free delivery when you spend over €65:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

ovale wrote: »
    You can get your original 510-T and the original Ovale e-liquid from ovaleireland.com
    55euro for 510-T and 70euro for eGo-T !! Crazy !! It must be made of gold?!
    Ovale pouch looks cool but again toooo expensive.
    Someone there forget about recession :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArseBook

Why are the Thebestshop.eu just selling generic 510-t starter kits? I can't find any Irish site to buy the genuine Joye one from other than VapourIreland which I don't want to use due to past experience. The past experience being that I've gotten generic product from them which packed in very quickly so I am also hesitant to buy more knockoffs.

Will they be getting the JoyE one soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

ArseBook wrote: »
    Why are the Thebestshop.eu just selling generic 510-t starter kits? I can't find any Irish site to buy the genuine Joye one from other than VapourIreland which I don't want to use due to past experience. The past experience being that I've gotten generic product from them which packed in very quickly so I am also hesitant to buy more knockoffs.

Will they be getting the JoyE one soon?

Because orginal Joye 510-T has crappy auto battery (still the same sound sensor!). Believe me this kit passed long tests and quality is really high (the same as Joye or even better). A few other guys from this forum also tested this product before it went on sale.
    The same factory redesigned 510 auto battery for thebestshop and soon you will see for sale new 510 battery with real vaccum sensor (same as 901).

Tell me why they sell also manual ones? http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-329.html

Advertisement