Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Havent posted here in a while but have been reading all the posts I STS this week but don't mind as it was my totm so hopefully will lose next week.

Just made my first batch of the bran muffins and they smell devine can't wait to taste them tomorrow:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Havent posted here in a while but have been reading all the posts I STS this week but don't mind as it was my totm so hopefully will lose next week.

Just made my first batch of the bran muffins and they smell devine can't wait to taste them tomorrow:p.

once there cool keep them in the fridge. they keep better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katmcl

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone, for the advice about the goal. I do need the support of the leader and the incentive of going to meetings to keep going but I think I will see how I get on this week and then decide if I'll keep going to 10stone or just take 10 2.

In other news, I went shopping today to see if I could get a dress for a wedding in August. So fustrating, I went into Monsoon and none of their size 12 dresses fit me and I tried on a size 14 and it fit ok, but the top part was too wide. Then I went across the road to Coast and got this dress to fit me perfectly in a 12! http://www.coast-stores.com/ELVIRA-DRESS/Dresses/coast/fcp-product/2143411509

Why can't shops use the same size guides? :mad::mad:

Fab dress:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Last night was the first Sunday night in AGES where I didn't go nuts on chocolate :D I really want to do well this week and I've decided that it's when I'm tired and sitting on the couch that I find myself reaching for it. So last night, I just took myself off to bed - feel great now! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Gave ReadyBrek a try today, and a bit disappointed to be honest. Really wanted to like it as you all say how fab and filling it is. I think it's just the texture, I don't like sloppy things. Annoyed now, have a whole box of it and nothing else for breakfast for the week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Monife wrote: »
    Gave ReadyBrek a try today, and a bit disappointed to be honest. Really wanted to like it as you all say how fab and filling it is. I think it's just the texture, I don't like sloppy things. Annoyed now, have a whole box of it and nothing else for breakfast for the week :(
    I don't like readybrek at all i would prefer to have porridge in mornings i have tried it a few times but it doesn't keep me as full as the porridge.
    What were you having for breakfast before you tried the readybrek ?

harr wrote: »
    I don't like readybrek at all i would prefer to have porridge in mornings i have tried it a few times but it doesn't keep me as full as the porridge.
    What were you having for breakfast before you tried the readybrek ?

Before WW, toast butter and jam. Joined WW and for ages had WW toast and WW jam. Then changed to special K, realised there was loads of sugar in it so changed to shreaded wheat, because each piece is so big you dont look like you're getting a lot. I eat my breakfast at around 6.45/7am and found I was STARVING by 9 or 10 and ended up making bad choices in work. So I wanted to try readybrek to see if it was more filling. I don't like porridge either and I tried the flahavans oats thing and thought it was horrible.

Have you tried Fruit Salad and Natural Yogurt? I have that in the summer mornings and it fills me right up! In the winter I have porridge or wheatabix. I do notice that when I get to work, my tum starts rumbling around the 8.30am mark, but I just drink some water and it's grand again. I think it is more thirst than hunger!

Oh and when I have porridge, I chop a banana on top of it otherwise, I wouldn't find it filling enough!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Have you tried Fruit Salad and Natural Yogurt? I have that in the summer mornings and it fills me right up! In the winter I have porridge or wheatabix. I do notice that when I get to work, my tum starts rumbling around the 8.30am mark, but I just drink some water and it's grand again. I think it is more thirst than hunger!

Oh and when I have porridge, I chop a banana on top of it otherwise, I wouldn't find it filling enough!

Yeah I always have a half a banana on top of my cereal. Do you think I would like Wheatabix if I don't like readybrek or porridge? Don't want to waste any more money. I have fruit salad and yoghurt on the weeks I am trying to be super good but it can get boring after a while, need some form of carb ha ha and also, sometimes I find it is too much for the morning, you know when your not that hungry but you're forcing yourself to eat because you know you will be hungry later, and I often dont finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Yeah I always have a half a banana on top of my cereal. Do you think I would like Wheatabix if I don't like readybrek or porridge? Don't want to waste any more money. I have fruit salad and yoghurt on the weeks I am trying to be super good but it can get boring after a while, need some form of carb ha ha and also, sometimes I find it is too much for the morning, you know when your not that hungry but you're forcing yourself to eat because you know you will be hungry later, and I often dont finish it.

hiya, I am not a Readybrek fan either, it reminds me of the glue I use when I do crafty stuff with my kids :eek: I love oats and I am a big fan of weetabix.....I know some of the supermarkets like Tesco sell a single portion pack of weetabix (normally where you find the tiny boxes of rice crispies etc) so you could maybe sample it before you buy it?

I try to vary my brekkies as well cause its soooo boring otherwise, I switch between oats, weetabix, rice crispies and corn flakes and then have yougurt and fruit as well.

after fudgegate :o over the weekend I am on the straight and narrow today......brought in my already pointed brekkie and lunch to work and have printed off the C25K workout so I am gonna give that a whirl tonite :cool:

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I <3 that you have the lazy song in there! haha!

its my breather song :D:D:D mid way through my power walk .... somehow it seemed appropriate :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

lol reading all the readybrek posts...while eating a big bowl of it....i love the stuff :P to make it less goopy just use less milk...

40g readybrek + 150ml skimmed milk + dash of cinnemon :) = 5pp

I switched to readybrek cos its much cheaper than the particular flavhans I like. The one in the round tube....dont care what anyone says....its a different texture to flavhans in the bag...the oats are rolled/crushed in a different way.

but its like 3 euro a tube....and i pay 3 euro for the readybrek but it lasts twice as long lol

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Hi Monife, I agree, don't like readybrek. Porridge too, I used to eat but gone off it totally. Weatbix is a better option. 2 biscuits is 3pp and quite filling, I top it with banana, sweetener and a few raisins.
    Toast with an egg is a good option. If you want to try a porridge option , the Aldi harvest morn instant oat sachets ( the orange box with Syrup) is lovely. If I remember correctly it is 3pp per sachet, and very nice!

opheila wrote: »
    Downloaded a podcast for this couch to 5k ...is it achievable?i can't imagine me managing it

i think it is cause it starts you off slow and builds you up to the 'big event' :) I am gonna give it a go and am starting tonite, it gives me a goal to work towards which will motivate me to get up on the old treadmill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Monife, I was the exact same at first. I had a total mental block about ready break/porridge or anything with that kinda consistency.
    But 30g of corn flakes was just too miserable and I was hungry again by 11.
    We had loads of sachets of porridge in work, left over from a promotion so I decided to try it and I'm hooked now. I crave it on the weekends even.
    I use loads of milk and just half a teaspoon of sugar on mine and I find it grand. I can't eat it if it's too dry. I can't add fruit to it, it just doesn't seem right to me, but my sis adds everything under the sun and my mum adds seeds and stuff.

Maybe try a few different combinations this week as you have the box anyway and don't want to waste it.
    lol reading all the readybrek posts...while eating a big bowl of it....i love the stuff :P to make it less goopy just use less milk...
    Me too! haha! Have a boring meeting that will probably go on till lunch time now so needed something that will keep me going.

Happy Monday everyone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

rule of thumb i use....when in doubt.....double portion of a "treat food" add an extra point....ie 1 portion = 1pp 2 portions = 3pp

but i've also found some of the healthier foods...you actually "save" a point when having a double portion...where 1 portion might be 2pp and 2 portions will be 3pp kinda thing...

or when in doubt...and have the weighing scales handy :P weight the portion and point it using the 100g info and work out the exact points for the weight of the item your having.

MAlteasres from multi pack are 3pp for 1 or 5pp for 2.. YUMMY:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Just re the breakfast cereals - have you tried the bran flakes? I use that and now bulk it out with strawberries and raspberries as they are all in season! Yum! (Though bran flakes not for everyone)

Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Went to my first carvery being back on WW yesterday - stuck to the fish and veg and 1 spoon of mash but stuffing seemed to be my downfall. Pretty sure i didn't point correctly yesterday as turned out i had loads left over yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Happy Monday everyone.
    Very nervous about weigh in today, though I have been drinkings LOTS of water on the advice from here so I'll be devasted if I don't see some sorta loss.
    I've realigned my expectations. I'm not even looking for a HUGE loss after the last 2 weeks, I'd settle for a half a pound :o
    Best of luck to everyone for a good week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Treasa good luck today at WI

Ha all this talk about porridge! I thought I be smart and as I was supper hungry this morning, make it in the microwave while jiggling a crying baby on my hip! ruined two bowls of it mad.giftongue.gif so back to the old way in a pot managed to burn the pot as well! oh well but it was worth it! made it with water and normally I add milk and I didn't bother with milk this morning and had it with just a bit or maple syrup and strawberriessmile.gif yummy

does any one use a pedometer thing to count your steps, how many do you aim for! I surprised my self using one this morning Ive clocked up 10,000 this morning alone , had to ring the doc over baby arm his BCG is horrible it burst pus every were and hole in his arm looks worse than it is though! they had a cancellation and I had 22 minutes to get kids dressed and walk the 15 minute walk to doctor! I made it to the surgery in 10 minutes pushing a double buggy and its a 1km walk not bad for me prob crap reallybiggrin.gif I felt fine after it though! even the receptionist said I was very quick!

have a new DVD for Zumba going to give that a go!

Lainy Im so going to try the MAGGI thing! sounds yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Just re the breakfast cereals - have you tried the bran flakes? I use that and now bulk it out with strawberries and raspberries as they are all in season! Yum! (Though bran flakes not for everyone)

I was thinking of trying bran flakes :) I like saltana bran so im sure i would like them if i put chopped banana in with them cos i do that with corn flakes :) yummy and fills me up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Baby75 wrote: »
    Treasa good luck today at WI

Ha all this talk about porridge! I thought I be smart and as I was supper hungry this morning, make it in the microwave while jiggling a crying baby on my hip! ruined two bowls of it mad.giftongue.gif so back to the old way in a pot managed to burn the pot as well! oh well but it was worth it! made it with water and normally I add milk and I didn't bother with milk this morning and had it with just a bit or maple syrup and strawberriessmile.gif yummy

does any one use a pedometer thing to count your steps, how many do you aim for! I surprised my self using one this morning Ive clocked up 10,000 this morning alone , had to ring the doc over baby arm his BCG is horrible it burst pus every were and hole in his arm looks worse than it is though! they had a cancellation and I had 22 minutes to get kids dressed and walk the 15 minute walk to doctor! I made it to the surgery in 10 minutes pushing a double buggy and its a 1km walk not bad for me prob crap reallybiggrin.gif I felt fine after it though! even the receptionist said I was very quick!

have a new DVD for Zumba going to give that a go!

Lainy Im so going to try the MAGGI thing! sounds yummy!

aww hope your little baby is ok :( my little man is 6 months old and its only now that the mark from the BCG looks ok.

jackmax wrote: »
    aww hope your little baby is ok :( my little man is 6 months old and its only now that the mark from the BCG looks ok.
    They do look so sore my daughter got hers in september when was two, she was born in Australia and never got it there, but hers looked horrible and she was well able to tell me it hurt but it stayed dry never burst like my poor little baby it looks hughe on his arm as its so tiny still he is only 11 weeks. it does mean the injection worked though so thats good I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

picked up a few boxes of this yesterday...I like to stock up when I get to aldi.

they used to make this in 2 fillets but both the boxes i got yesterday had 3 fillets. They're the same weight...but instead of two bigger fillets, its three smaller fillets.

The box still says 2 fillets...but as both boxes had 3...maybe this is how they're being made from now on...which would be GREAT!

So if you get a box with 3 fillets this is how to point the new slightly smaller fillets

1 fillet = 3pp
    2 fillets = 5pp
    3 fillets = 8pp

I have been away all weekend so just catching up on all now..I got 3 in these last week..

On another note I now have to buy loads of sunrice when I go as my hubbie and 20 month old daughter (not that she gets too many) absolutely LOVE them...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi all, happy Monday:) I'm feeling a bit miserable today.have a killer of a sore throat and I ache everywhere. I've pointed all this week, like last week.. I used all my dailies and weeklies but last week I put up 2, so I'm worried for tomorrow.. I need to see a loss and even a half will do..I'm off to trabolgan next week with family so I want to stay focussed.... So nervous about Wi..

Just had a nice filling lunch of Fennel & Cauliflower soup, three salt & vinegar Rice Cakes & 35g of Tesco Extra Light Soft Cheese :D Was delish, although the Tesco variety of cheese is not as tasty as the Philadelphia, but what can I expect, it only cost about 80c :p

Have a bran muffin with me for the 3pm slump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Decided to go back to meetings but have changed to a new venue as the leader is very nice and seems to take a lot more effort and interest. My first one back was last Tuesday and was horrified that I had put on 2 lb since I was last there in March! I think I am one that needs the discipline of weighing in! Anyway have been very good all week and even over the weekend have only dipped into the weeklies by a few (9) pp's and hoping to get a good result tomorrow!
    Good luck to all on their weigh in this week!

Sorry meant to ask about the Zumba dvd. Is it just a dvd or is it only for a wii? Is it easy to follow or do you need to have gone to the classes? And lastly... is there any specific Zumba one that is best?? thanks all for all the helpful hints !

SAexpat wrote: »
    Decided to go back to meetings but have changed to a new venue as the leader is very nice and seems to take a lot more effort and interest. My first one back was last Tuesday and was horrified that I had put on 2 lb since I was last there in March! I think I am one that needs the discipline of weighing in! Anyway have been very good all week and even over the weekend have only dipped into the weeklies by a few (9) pp's and hoping to get a good result tomorrow!
    Good luck to all on their weigh in this week!

Sorry meant to ask about the Zumba dvd. Is it just a dvd or is it only for a wii? Is it easy to follow or do you need to have gone to the classes? And lastly... is there any specific Zumba one that is best?? thanks all for all the helpful hints !

I will let you know about the Zumba my Hubby downloaded it for me, it will be my first time doing it today

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Does anyone know the points for the Linwoods mix we got at meetings last week??

LinK3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the points for the Linwoods mix we got at meetings last week??

It's 2pp for the sachet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

If I made a quorn lasagne tonight would it be ok in the fridge for dinner tomoro night (after it's cooled)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement