Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Out of curiosity, I was having a nose on the Unislim website.

Eh, a lot of their recipes sound VERY similar, almost identical, to a lot of WW ones. Wonder who is the sneaky begger there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

home from the party.....didnt know anyone there....and when i reached for my third slice of bread and kerrygold...i knew i was eating out of boredom....so took my self home....handy that the party was on next....i hadn't seen most the people there in about 15 years LOL was trying not to drink too much...which i didnt...about 4 drinks over 4 hrs....but god drank so much diet 7up...feel sick as a dog....fizzydrink hangover tomorrow!

prob going to have the head eaten off me tomorrow...but feck it....i know i wouldnt stop eating if i didnt leave...was eating for the sake of doing something....so i wasnt standing there like a spa....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

numbernerd wrote: »
    Morning all,

Just had my first weigh in on my shiny new salter scales!

Anyways I STS! I'm kinda peeved cos I pointed absolutely religiously for the week! BUT (and i know this is an ongoing debate..) It's the first time ever I've eaten all 49 weeklies?!!

Did you WI on the old scales too?

Monife wrote: »

Eh, a lot of their recipes sound VERY similar, almost identical, to a lot of WW ones. Wonder who is the sneaky begger there :confused:

i always use unislim recipes :) just pp them my self :)

Caros wrote: »
    I've been meaning to tell ye, I have type 2 diabetes, diagnosed a few years ago, blood levels went thru the roof after Xmas, was feeling crappo etc, GP upped my tablets and put me in for a call to see the endicrinologist with a view to being put on insulin. Have the appointment for May 24th. Tried healthy eating on my own with varying degrees of success re my blood sugar levels and zero weight loss. However since starting WW my bloods are consistently within the "normal" range, and the bonus losing weight too! Don't think I'll be a candidate for insulin shots now!

That is absolutely fantastic. Well done. Brings home why we are all doing this....healthier happier people. Wonderful.

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    there are loads of different types of flahvans...mine never turns out gloopy...i think my microwave is pretty high so cooks it a bit more. lol i load mine up with splenda and cinnemon to sweet it. i find the ready brek runnier than the flahvans but its nice. i'm sure there are mini packs you could try. its all trial and error.. the readybrek comes in chocolate and honey flavour too.

I've got 4 dogs booked in for next week for my new grooming thing i'm doing at home...not even the scales can put me in a bad mood today!

4 dogs...thats like 1/2 my rent for the month! I'll actually be able to afford to have a life again

Ah, that is great. The bookings will come in fast and furious now for the summer...just you wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Did you WI on the old scales too?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the old one was the one at WW class!
    Decided to do it at home last week because I can't make the classes anymore. bought the scales last Sat and weighed in and then yest I was the same as per that weight :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Got the Flahavan's Organic JUMBO oats pack of porridge yesterday, just had it this a.m. and it's gorgeous!

Also blueberries punnets are only 99c in Lidl this week, I'm addicted to blueberries! :)

*LAINY* - that's fab news re the dog grooming! Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Decided to do it at home last week because I can't make the classes anymore. bought the scales last Sat and weighed in and then yest I was the same as per that weight :-/[/QUOTE]

Ah sur by next week's WI it will hopefully be showing a downward spike. Don't get disheartened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Decided to do it at home last week because I can't make the classes anymore. bought the scales last Sat and weighed in and then yest I was the same as per that weight :-/

It's probably due to the potatoes. Today my mum is cooking a roast chicken and I'm gonna have it because I have too much study to do. This will be my third lot of potatoes this week. I wouldn't normally have potatoes and it's definitely affecting my weight this week. Focus on your exams and once their over you can get back on track :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Eabhabear wrote: »
    It's probably due to the potatoes. Today my mum is cooking a roast chicken and I'm gonna have it because I have too much study to do. This will be my third lot of potatoes this week. I wouldn't normally have potatoes and it's definitely affecting my weight this week. Focus on your exams and once their over you can get back on track :)

probably down to the protion size of the spudz too. I tend to have 2 little spudz if its potato dinner and pack the plate with veg:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

mmmm wheat bran banana muffins in the oven and smell lovely thanks for the recipe lainy

thats first thing on my to do list next weekend! Bran muffins! Throwing my self back into ww full hearted from next weekend! exams will be over and done with...and have the summer to focus on me again :D and get two and half stone off by christmas!

My mum is in absolute bits this morning ate all round her, and is kicking her self. Like she's 60 and still doing "diets" Low Carb High Protien, Tony Quinn ect...i dont want to be still worrying about my weight in 30 years time!

I did eat what ever i wanted last night....just took a small portions of it it was all self service, so instead of a dinner plate, i used a side plate to eat off of.

I even had my cake...and ate it too.... :P tho its very hard to eat quickly while standing up balancing drink and food...which helped me to not wolf it down...the slice of cake took about 2 hours to eat...

I knew no one at the party last night....so when I felt my self reaching for more food out of boredom i took my ass home! might sound rude...but hey...i wasnt drinking much...and when you dont drink at a party...you eat at a party...and i didnt want to be over eating. plus the party was on next door...if i was missed they could have come found me haha!

Definately another reason i want to lose weight......to be able to wear high heels without crippling my feet! my toes turned blue last night cos all my weight was being put on them in the shoes...most women have makeup in there bag going to a party....me.....i had a pair of runners....and thank christ i did....

actually my bran muffin recipe is from unislim hehe :P just tweaked here and there slightly as i got better at baking!

Eabhabear wrote: »

thats what i find this week....just dont even want to think about cooking....mentally dont have the energy for it...thats why i got a load of pizza and just bang 1/2 pizza in the oven with some ww chips or home made wedges...my mum cooks potatoes 7 nights a week for my brother....so last two weeks its just been so easy to say mum can u peel me some spuds....

Decided to do it at home last week because I can't make the classes anymore. bought the scales last Sat and weighed in and then yest I was the same as per that weight :-/[/QUOTE]

Ok, so u stayed the same weight from the WW scales? Just to let you know I am always half stone lighter on my scales at home. The loss level or otherwise is always the same though, important thing is you made the transition now, make sure you leave the scales in the same situation each time you weigh going forward. I notice my scales is different on a wooden floor compared to tiles, compared to rug etc.

Sorry, my initial point got sidetracked.... You might have lost, there could be s discrepancy between the two different scales.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    probably down to the protion size of the spudz too. I tend to have 2 little spudz if its potato dinner and pack the plate with veg:cool:

I couldn't live without my spuds. 6 little potatoes are only 4pp. For me that's much better value than rice or pasta. Everyone's different, I suppose. Bread and potatoes in properly controlled portions and as part of the overall balance have never hindered my weight loss or maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

You might have lost, there could be s discrepancy between the two different scales.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) I'm using the weight I weighed in at on my own scales as my new starting point. Same day,same clothes same place every week!

Hopefully the double loss will show this week lol...I always found when I had a great week when I was going to the class it never showed until the following week despite maybe not having such a good week then when the result didn't initially show...

thats what i find this week....just dont even want to think about cooking....mentally dont have the energy for it...thats why i got a load of pizza and just bang 1/2 pizza in the oven with some ww chips or home made wedges...my mum cooks potatoes 7 nights a week for my brother....so last two weeks its just been so easy to say mum can u peel me some spuds....

Where do you get the WW chips Lainy? Are they nice and how much to you get for how many PP? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Hi,

Just wondering.....since fruits are all 0 pp's now....does that mean a glass of Innocent smoothie would be 0pp too?

I have exams coming up this week too and am finding it hard to stick to my points :(

• Advertisement

Yeah it is. I'm a sucker for creamy mash potatoes. Can't say no to them. Since I started WW I haven't had them that much at all and I don't really miss them. Its when I get a taste of them then its downhill :rolleyes:

My mum cooks them nearly every night as well so its just been handy this week to have them. I'm looking forward to my roast dinner today. Can smell the chicken now :D

Oooohhh might get a ristorante pizza for tomorrow. Handy and will put me in a good mood!

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering.....since fruits are all 0 pp's now....does that mean a glass of Innocent smoothie would be 0pp too?

I have exams coming up this week too and am finding it hard to stick to my points :(

No fruit is only 0 pps in its naturall form. Juices and smoothies have to be pointed but they are normally only 1/2 pp. If you make your own smoothies you can make them at 0 pp. If you search the last few pages of this thread I know some of the girls have put up how they make them.

I have exams atm and the last 2 days have been dreadful food wise. I just binged on snacks. I would try and stock up on low pp treats so then if you are snacking then at least it's low points. And try and track everything you eat. While the last 2 days have been bad, I have pointed everything and I'm still within your weeklies. Use all your weeklies during exams if you have to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Very proud of myself! Went to a friends house last night for a few drinks. I've started drinking Coors light because it's easy to keep track of how many I've had but I decided last night to have wine. I brought a bottle of dry white (18pp), 2 West Coast Cooler 250ml bottles (10pp) and a bottle of Diet 7up (0pp). I didnt leave my friends house til 5am and the drink lasted me the whole night. And best of all, no hangover this morning! Usually I lose the run of myself when it comes to drinking and end up way over my points.

Hopefully I'll managed to be down on Tuesday. I'm still waiting for the last few weeks to catch up with me! :o

crap! party left overs .....roast pork (which i turned into sandwiches) and chocolate birthday cake :O

now i just feel so full gross and sluggish :( blaaaaaah! Just want to fall asleep!

food hangover! blah!

Feeling extremely lazy today. Guilty I didn't get out for a walk and don't even feel like cooking the dinner...

Thinking of going to Zaytoon... Does anyone know the approx PP in their bread that comes with the (chicken) kebabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Feeling extremely lazy today. Guilty I didn't get out for a walk and don't even feel like cooking the dinner...

Thinking of going to Zaytoon... Does anyone know the approx PP in their bread that comes with the (chicken) kebabs?

I think someone pointed it a few weeks back, i'm not sure how to search the thread yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I can't stop eating.

Think this week is well and truly out the window, just want to get these f***ing exams out of the way, really getting me down now. I'm eating to procrastinate!

Satay stir fry for dinner which I'm really looking forward to if I'm not too full of junk to enjoy...

misslt wrote: »
    I can't stop eating.

Think this week is well and truly out the window, just want to get these f***ing exams out of the way, really getting me down now. I'm eating to procrastinate!

Satay stir fry for dinner which I'm really looking forward to if I'm not too full of junk to enjoy...

your not alone! I'm in EXACTLY the same boat....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just finished making/packing my salad, tuna and egg mix and crackers for tomorrow lunch.

I've been getting some funny looks in the last week or so(brought diced, boiled, smoked bacon and diced beef salads) in work. I used to buy my lunch in work, but the salad bar is a) pricey(a nice big salad could end up costing €5/6) and b) not that healthy(everything is draped in mayo or salad dressing) so bringing my own is a much better option all round ... and let them munch on their oversided portions of roast dinners or pies or chips and ????? while they snigger at my homemade food :cool:

• Advertisement

Just finished making/packing my salad, tuna and egg mix and crackers for tomorrow lunch.

I've been getting some funny looks in the last week or so(brought diced, boiled, smoked bacon and diced beef salads) in work. I used to buy my lunch in work, but the salad bar is a) pricey(a nice big salad could end up costing €5/6) and b) not that healthy(everything is draped in mayo or salad dressing) so bringing my own is a much better option all round ... and let them munch on their oversided portions of roast dinners or pies or chips and ????? while they snigger at my homemade food :cool:

Good stuff. Economical for your pocket and your waistline :) I usually always bring my own lunch unless I am lazy or there is no food in the house. Tomorrow is a BLT consisting of WW Pitta (3PP), Lettuce, Tomatoe and 3 Tesco Medallions (3PP) and small bit of lighter than light Mayo (not enough to PP) so a total of 6PP, plus a packet of snax (2PP).

Well back from Zaytoon and instead of getting my usual kids meal, I went for the WHOLE HOG. Chicken Shish Kebab, sauce, their homemade bread (which is like a naan the size of a dinner plate :eek:) and chips!! Written off the rest of my dailies and weeklies for it. Was really going to be good this week and only eat half the weeklies but that has gone out the window... think it might be because TOTM is due in a few days.

Us poor women ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement