Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Monife wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread. Try and read the posts as often as you can, great source of motivation and help.

Bottle of coors light is 4PP.

Twisters and Loop the Loop's are 2PP.

Velvet crunch, skips (from multipack), snax (from mulitpack) and meanies (from multipack) are 2PP.

Salt and Vinegar snack a jacks (from multipack) are 2PP and the larger singular ones are 3PP.

Don't know the PP in the cans sorry, but I would assume you could work it out based on the PP for the bottles and a bit of mathematical work.

Don't worry about the amount you have to lose, I have lost 3 stone in 6 months (I know not a lot in the amount of time but happy with it) and I still have 5 stone 8lbs to lose to get to goal. Just think of mini goals, which I think all of us on here do. One silver seven at a time or a bigger goal of the first stone and the next one after that.

Good luck.

Thanks a million for the info!

It's good to know that there is a low-point option for those times when you really want something bad. Tangle twisters will get me through! haha :)

Another quick question....bread. Are most WW people avoiding it altogether? Or is there a certain type that is way lower in carbs than others?
    With the old WW program the Pat the Baker bagels were great at just 2.5pts a go. I had a bagel this morning though, and felt it wasn't really worth the whopping 5 pro-points it cost me.

I'll definitely be taking it one smaller goal at the time. I'd love to have 7 lbs gone by the end of my exams at the end of May (5 wks). That is my first mini goal. Obviously I'd love to have 10 or 14 lbs gone by then, but I am saying 7 to be more realistic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    No you don't point your main meals. You just use the healthy filling foods. But you need to make sure that the foods you are using are definitely the healthy filling foods that are highlighted in green in the book.

Then for any snacks or anything else you eat/drink you use your weekly points.

Last night was the first time I heard of this but I think its supposed to have a similar effect to the fast start week on the old plan.

Ah ok, it's like the old core plan. I'm not sure I'd be able to stick to that, you are relying on stopping eating when you are full and having a lot of self control, which I don't! :o Knowing my luck, I'd ended up putting on about 5lbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Hey,

Does anybody have a list of propoints in alcohol? I normally drink Bulmers Light which is 4pp per bottle but i want to change. I just want to see what my options are... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Welcome Flurry,

Here's some stuff that I snack on:

Chocolate Snack-a-jacks (large ones) – 2PP
    Meringue Nests – 1PP (yummy with WW yoghurt for another 1PP)
    Velvet Crunch or Skips (or Tesco do their own version) – 2PP
    Curly Wurly/Chomp – 3PP
    Jaffa Cakes – 1PP each
    Sun Crisp Rice (from Aldi) - 2PP each but as you've seen on here - 1 is NEVER enough!!

Monife - I felt a bit like that a while ago but I managed to get back on track. Just track everything you eat and if you have a bad day then start afresh the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

mcb81 wrote: »
    Lost a ridiculous 10 this week!:eek: was expecting maybe 5 because I'm on holidays this week and have walked every inch of the mountain. Makes me a little scared for next week though, really hope it wasn't too much of a false loss. That brings me to 6.5 stone in 6 months. I just keep repeating "this time I'm losing weight for the last time" to myself, it's like my mantra.

WOW!!! That is absolutly amazing, a massive congrats to you, you must feel so great! Whatever you are doing keep doing it! Thats a huge achievment in 6mths. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Welcome Flurry,

Here's some stuff that I snack on:

Chocolate Snack-a-jacks (large ones) – 2PP
    Meringue Nests – 1PP (yummy with WW yoghurt for another 1PP)
    Velvet Crunch or Skips (or Tesco do their own version) – 2PP
    Curly Wurly/Chomp – 3PP
    Jaffa Cakes – 1PP each
    Sun Crisp Rice (from Aldi) - 2PP each but as you've seen on here - 1 is NEVER enough!!

Monife - I felt a bit like that a while ago but I managed to get back on track. Just track everything you eat and if you have a bad day then start afresh the next day.

isn't only the small meringue nests are 1pp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Micki wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anybody have a list of propoints in alcohol? I normally drink Bulmers Light which is 4pp per bottle but i want to change. I just want to see what my options are... Thanks.

Skinnydoll has a good few pointed on her blog. Link below.

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this thread. Decided to join WW on Tues. I joined it a few years ago and successfully lost about 20lbs to get past goal...but over the years I have regained those 20lbs...plus about 2 stone more. Eeek!
    To get into the healthy BMI range in the ww book I need to lose about 3 stone. Yikes!

Here's to week one!

Hi Flurry and welcome, I was a newbie to the thread too a week ago and I must say I've found it so informative and supportive, even if one doesn't say a lot, reading other people's stories will keep you in line!

The pro points is great, at the weekend I was able to go out and have a few drinks, and on Sunday night at home I had a pack of 2 point crisps and a glass of wine and on top of that managed to polish off the sweets that came with my easter egg and still lose weight today.

Ah when I think back on it when i first went to weigh watchers over 20 odd years ago I was about 3 1/2 stone lighter than I am now and then I thought I was massive!!! :rolleyes: If I could only be that weight again.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Ah ok, it's like the old core plan. I'm not sure I'd be able to stick to that, you are relying on stopping eating when you are full and having a lot of self control, which I don't! :o Knowing my luck, I'd ended up putting on about 5lbs!

The leader said only use it if you really need a change! And the 49 weeklies can be used up very quickly in that situation!

For snacks, time out fingers are only 2pp each but require a lot of self control to stop after one! Also the ww wafer caramel bars are really nice and are 2pp as well.

Micki spirits are 3pp for each 35.5ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this thread. Decided to join WW on Tues. I joined it a few years ago and successfully lost about 20lbs to get past goal...but over the years I have regained those 20lbs...plus about 2 stone more. Eeek!
    To get into the healthy BMI range in the ww book I need to lose about 3 stone. Yikes!

Anyway...I was hoping you might be able to help me point some foods/drinks?
    I am still getting used to the new points system, so am unsure which foods are the best choices at times.

Would anyone be able to point the following for me pretty please:

- 330ml bottle of Coors Light
    - 500ml can of Coors Light
    - what are the lowest pro point crisps and snacks?
    - are tangle twisters still really low, or are there better alternatives?

It probably sounds like I am just worried about junk food, but that isn't the case at all. I find it easy enough to choose low point foods for lunch and dinner etc. It's just when I get to a shop and am peckish and am with friends who want to get an ice-cream, I'd like to be prepared by knowing the best "bad" choices, if that makes sense? :)

Any other "bad" foods that are reasonable enough in ProPoints?

I'm thinking of making the Fritata from the WW book today. Anyone tried it before?

Sorry for all the q's!

I'm hoping to be on here alot, as reading all the posts is great motivation.

Here's to week one!

according to the shopping book 300ml of coors is 4pp

the alcohol is really difficult to point as the labels dont give all the info need but your leader may have a chart with them on I know mine does

Super splits are only 2pp
    twisters are also2
    solero's are3pp
    calippo shots are 1pp

For chrisps i get the satin crunch in Aldi for 2pp or if out and about tayto snax 2pp

Curly wurly is 2 pp and a penguin is 3pp a full crunchie is 5pp the little dairy milk with the cow on it is also 3pp

Welcome aboard and good luck with the programme everyone here is so helpfull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    isn't only the small meringue nests are 1pp?

Nope - the small meringue shells are 2 for 1PP and the nests (from M&S for example) are 1PP each! Yum!! :p

when i'm bold it normally takes a week to show.

so hoping being extra extra good this week will take a sweek to show on the scales. the treadmill can feck off today....my feet are red raw! its flip flops and sun glasses today. going to study out in the garden with cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

:)

its great when u can eat an easter egg and still lose couple of pounds. helped that I'd no nights out over weekend. next weekend may be more of a challenge as out with the girls sat and then inevitable hangover sun, but there'll be no easter egg to divide the weeklies with hopefully can stay on track.

anyone know the points in pint of carlsberg?

think its 6 from skinny doll blog

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Down 10lbs-wow!!congrats!a lot of us seem to have hit the 3 stone loss at the same time!this page really keeps me motivated!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Skinnydoll has a good few pointed on her blog. Link below.

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

Thanks Monife!

Should be able to choose something from that long list in time for the weekend!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

tantipie wrote: »
    lost half a pound today and i'm thrilled..after having a bottle of wine,,garlic chips and curry chips then 1 and half easter egg,,i'm well chuffed:Di'm now 1.5lb UNDER my Goal weight,,really loving mainaining!!! well done to everyone and keep up the good work!!!

Hey Tantipie,

Congratulations on getting to your goal weight.. That must be an amazing feeling!!
    I was wondering if you give some tips on what got you there! So many of us on this thread are in the middle of our journey to get to goal weight, I'd love to hear from someone who has gotten there too :-) Remind us all that it is actually possible lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I might try the boost in a week or so, I lost 3 stone on the core / no count & loved it :D:D Went today and since my last wi (2 Feb) I'm down 1lb... Now I know for a fact I've shrunk size wise so i'll measure myself when I get home!

Mini Wham bars are 2 for 1pp, M&S Nests are 1 pp each or 2 for 3pp. Nakd chocolate bars are 3pp each and very filling and healthy! Wine gums are 3 for 1pp!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Eabhabear wrote: »
    For anyone stuck in a rut or looking to get their weight loss going again, my leader gave us a different option last night. For a week you don't use your daily points at all. Instead for your 3 main meals you just have the healthy filling foods that are marked green in your folder. Then if you want anything else on top of that you use your weekly points for it.

I'm gonna give it a try when my exams are over. Don't have time now to plan meals. It should be only done on a once off basis every so often when you need a kick!

It's actually in the first or second book of the Pro Points plan, it's just an alternative way of working the plan (there was a similar option in the last plan - the name of it has gone out of my head), it doesn't have to be one off. Some people use it all the time rather than counting points and tracking constantly. It's important to have a few essential things though eg. a certain amount of fat / oil a day and milk etc so you should really look it up if you find it useful and you think you might stick to it for more than a week. The thing I would find difficult is that you can only have WW bread (love my brown bread) and you can't have breaded chicken or fish etc which I find handy to have in freezer.

The Core plan = thats it!!

OHMYGOD it's permanent, I think ye've made my day! What book?? I'm not a fan of counting everything and can defo only eat the healthy foods, did it all the time with No Count (will include fats etc)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Pembily wrote: »
    OHMYGOD it's permanent, I think ye've made my day! What book?? I'm not a fan of counting everything and can defo only eat the healthy foods, did it all the time with No Count (will include fats etc)!

I'll find the details in my books at home and post it then. I remember it distinctly because I'm on maintenance and if you use that option you can have 90 weekly points instead of 49 so it's really handy. It would be very boring without the weekly points though, but so very healthy - if you think about it fruit, veg, lean meat, fish, plain potato, brown rice/pasta - you'd never have a bother if you could eat like that all the time.

• Advertisement

kashmir wrote: »
    I'll find the details in my books at home and post it then. I remember it distinctly because I'm on maintenance and if you use that option you can have 90 weekly points instead of 49 so it's really handy. It would be very boring without the weekly points though, but so very healthy - if you think about it fruit, veg, lean meat, fish, plain potato, brown rice/pasta - you'd never have a bother if you could eat like that all the time.

I have my books and I am looking, I can live on that... Can you do it every second week?? I am super intrigued :D:D Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Welcome to the thread. Try and read the posts as often as you can, great source of motivation and help.

Bottle of coors light is 4PP.

Twisters and Loop the Loop's are 2PP.

Velvet crunch, skips (from multipack), snax (from mulitpack) and meanies (from multipack) are 2PP.

Salt and Vinegar snack a jacks (from multipack) are 2PP and the larger singular ones are 3PP.

Don't know the PP in the cans sorry, but I would assume you could work it out based on the PP for the bottles and a bit of mathematical work.

Don't worry about the amount you have to lose, I have lost 3 stone in 6 months (I know not a lot in the amount of time but happy with it) and I still have 5 stone 8lbs to lose to get to goal. Just think of mini goals, which I think all of us on here do. One silver seven at a time or a bigger goal of the first stone and the next one after that.

Good luck.
    a 330mls can of real(can't stand the taste of diet) coke is 4 PP, same as the beer. A 500mls bottle of coke is 6PP so i assume the 500mls of beer is 6PP also

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

its just ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

I'm more stressed about royal mail losing my stuff (yet again) than i am about my exams....i actuallly had 4 slices of toast and cup of coffee for my lunch...me no bread chic! thank god there was only 4 slices left in the loaf cos i would have kept going. and dear god thank the sweet heavens above there is no cheese in the house at moment.

MELT DOWN! I'm not sleeping well at the moment which i'm say is why i'm turning into Dr Jeckel....or is it Dr Hide....which one is the bad guy again?
    I never lose weight when i'm not sleeping well. its amazing how the stress began as soon as my mother got back from holidays....ah yes holidays....how nice for her....

RAAAAAAH!

Stay tuned for the next instalment of "lainy goes to la la land"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

TOTM and I'm in rag order. I just want to eat chocolate and crap. I reckon all my weeklies will be gone today and tomorrow on crap! Good job I wasn't planning on any nights out this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dub12345

Help!!!
    I joined WW a year ago, I lost a stone in about 4 months which was great.
    So then I was on maintenance.
    I still check in at my meetings every week/fortnight............and i'm still the same!
    Now don't get me wrong, i'm happy enough where I am but I do really want to be a bit lighter!!

I eat my daily allowed points, get exercise but still I sts!

Am I not losing anything else because my body has got used to the foods i'm eating or do I need to eat less or exercise even more!
    I just dont know what to do to lose a few more pounds!!
    HELP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

@ Lady Lainey - Hyde is the bad one! Henry Jekyll turns into Edward Hyde. Go see the musical if you ever get the chance. :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

dub12345 wrote: »
    Help!!!
    I joined WW a year ago, I lost a stone in about 4 months which was great.
    So then I was on maintenance.
    I still check in at my meetings every week/fortnight............and i'm still the same!
    Now don't get me wrong, i'm happy enough where I am but I do really want to be a bit lighter!!

I eat my daily allowed points, get exercise but still I sts!

Am I not losing anything else because my body has got used to the foods i'm eating or do I need to eat less or exercise even more!
    I just dont know what to do to lose a few more pounds!!
    HELP!!

Try changing your diet up a bit. For example, if you have cereal/toast in the morning, have an egg and some rasher medallions or fruit salad and yoghurt. For lunch if it is always a salad, try having a wrap or pitta or vice versa with lots of protein. If you always have potatoes with dinner, alternate rice and pasta for a week or vice versa.

I was stuck in a rut and changed my eating up and lost 4lb the following week. Also try to drink over 2L of water a day and if you are exercising a lot, make sure you eat ALL your dailies and even some of the activity PP if you are hungry and don't want to touch the weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Having such a bad week have been eating out all week so far, my dad in hospital so trying to keep my mum occupied and unfortunately this means eating out!!! Have been good so far but today I had a three egg omelette with ham, tomato and mushrooms. How many points should I give the omelette?

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Having such a bad week have been eating out all week so far, my dad in hospital so trying to keep my mum occupied and unfortunately this means eating out!!! Have been good so far but today I had a three egg omelette with ham, tomato and mushrooms. How many points should I give the omelette?

Each egg is 3 - so 9 for the eggs, was it oily? How much ham? Ham as in sliced? That is about 3 pp per 100g!! It could be anywhere between 12 - 20!

• Advertisement

Donegal3 wrote: »

Medium eggs are 2pp each, 3 medium eggs 5pp

Large eggs are 3pp each, 3 large eggs 8pp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement