Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

First let me say JC, I admire your ability to continue to post
    J C wrote: »
    ... are you having a bad hair day ... or something???

... while the Fall accounts for all of the bad things in the World ... there are still many amazing and good things here also ... directly as a result of God's Creation.

But all the bad things?

A result of "the fall"? interesting that you never mentioned this until someone else posted about it, much like the use of the sun in your theory, really its like you are simply looking at previous posts and picking what to add to your theory...

BTW what is your scientific theory of the fall? break it down for us please.
    ... this is due to an accumulated mutation load combined with inbreeding exposure of recessive alleles.

Great... any chance you might answer the question?, Inbreeding... according to the bible there were about ten people on the ark... we are all inbred...

no need to answer that (also I fear the mangled logic) just pretend to reply with the usual fluff... " but the plan of the mighty! ... he of the wind shall blow the truth!!!... a light in the dark makes the doubters feels the cold!!!!!...
    ... it is survival of the fittest ... but then this is a bit of a circular concept ... because only thee 'fittest' survive and anything that survives is 'fittest' ... and it is therefore a somewhat useless and meaningless idea!!!

Only the sky has clouds... and I only see clouds in the sky... circular concept!!! Really J.C. is that all there is?

This is when you broke the fourth wall.. survival of the fittest is only the the fittest things surviving... running out of steam are we?. its a bit weak to not even try to obscure things...

If god existed he would laugh at this, as I am created in his image then he would find this as funny/tragic as I do, ... note to mods... (i understand if this results in a ban, however I feel that JC needs to hear it) I am about 80% sure you are a troll or 20% that you are ...other. either way please read these words... life exists beyond the keyboard.

Keeping up this post after post nonsense betters nobody, if you are real and want to tribute your god... go outside... meet people... relax... live life...

Your response could be that defeating unbelivers and praising the creator is all the truth and glory you need. Cool.

Honestly if you are for real keep posting, however if you want to see a way beyond were I think you are... please send me a pm or talk to a friend, ask a trusted neighbour, do anything that you need to... but consider that if your life is posting this (true or not) stuff then maybe you could be happier?

As I said I might be banned for this but having read this thread I fell I need to say it.

No offence intended to anyone. best wishes to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Creation Scientists say that Materialistic processes alone cannot produce novel genetic information ... but intelligently designed systems can do so.
    Surely any random jumbling of DNA is novel genetic information?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Forget it lads, you won't get a coherent answer to any of your questions. JC is incapable of direct answers 'coz all he has is bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

... while the Fall accounts for all of the bad things in the World ... there are still many amazing and good things here also ... directly as a result of God's Creation.

Which was basically what I just said.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

May have already been posted, but meh.

0501creation.jpg
    Creation Scientists ... use the scientific method for their research ... it is the Evolutionists that are running away from repeatably observable evidence ... and mathematical proof that Materialistic Evolution is a nonesense!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Wow, this is still going.

tadah.jpg
    God Created Mankind ... and gave us the free will to love or to reject Him. The first Man and Woman chose to reject God ... and to listen to Satan's lies ... thereby choosing sin and death over God's gift of eternal life.
    God's perfect justice demanded a perfect atonement for Mankind's sins ... and His love demanded total mercy to anybody who asked for it.
    These two apparently irreconcilable issues ... were reconciled in the perfect atoning death of the perfect Man-God Jesus Christ.

Each person today also has the free will to love God and ask for his Salvation ... or to reject God and not be Saved.
    Wow, this is still going.
    It sure is!!!
    ... but I suspect that the truth is beginning to dawn ... that God exists ... and wants to Save you all ... even Robin is beginning to believe ...
    robindch wrote:
    God did it™
    ... said in jest ... meant in earnest!!!:)
    Surely any random jumbling of DNA is novel genetic information?
    ... it may be 'novel' ... but it certainly won't be functional !!!

First let me say JC, I admire your ability to continue to post

But all the bad things?

A result of "the fall"? interesting that you never mentioned this until someone else posted about it, much like the use of the sun in your theory, really its like you are simply looking at previous posts and picking what to add to your theory...

BTW what is your scientific theory of the fall? break it down for us please.

Great... any chance you might answer the question?, Inbreeding... according to the bible there were about ten people on the ark... we are all inbred...

no need to answer that (also I fear the mangled logic) just pretend to reply with the usual fluff... " but the plan of the mighty! ... he of the wind shall blow the truth!!!... a light in the dark makes the doubters feels the cold!!!!!...

Only the sky has clouds... and I only see clouds in the sky... circular concept!!! Really J.C. is that all there is?

This is when you broke the fourth wall.. survival of the fittest is only the the fittest things surviving... running out of steam are we?. its a bit weak to not even try to obscure things...

If god existed he would laugh at this, as I am created in his image then he would find this as funny/tragic as I do, ... note to mods... (i understand if this results in a ban, however I feel that JC needs to hear it) I am about 80% sure you are a troll or 20% that you are ...other. either way please read these words... life exists beyond the keyboard.

Keeping up this post after post nonsense betters nobody, if you are real and want to tribute your god... go outside... meet people... relax... live life...

Your response could be that defeating unbelivers and praising the creator is all the truth and glory you need. Cool.

Honestly if you are for real keep posting, however if you want to see a way beyond were I think you are... please send me a pm or talk to a friend, ask a trusted neighbour, do anything that you need to... but consider that if your life is posting this (true or not) stuff then maybe you could be happier?

As I said I might be banned for this but having read this thread I fell I need to say it.

No offence intended to anyone. best wishes to all.
    No offence taken.

I don't see anything in your post that would merit any censure ... you are expressing your opinions honestly and a little robustly ... and long may free speech reign!!!!

I live a very full life ... I work in a high-pressure senior position ... I have a young family and I am happily married, to a beautiful loving woman, thank God ... and I have a wide circle of friends!!!!

Christians can have it all ... the very best that this life has to offer ... and the best that the next life has to offer as well!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I work in a high-pressure senior position ...
    Hmmm, perhaps that is what has caused the psychotic break...?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

MrPudding wrote: »
    Hmmm, perhaps that is what has caused the psychotic break...?

MrP

I'm just wondering what high-pressure senior position allows for as much free time as J C evidently has.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm just wondering what high-pressure senior position allows for as much free time as J C evidently has.

president of makey uppy land

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Master of the Cookie Jar?

... what 'free time'??

... do you mean a few minutes/hours in the evening after work ... as I 'unwind' by helping to straighten out your thinking on a few fundamental issues of life!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Maybe all JC's ellipses are some kind of morse code telling us who he really is

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Scarab80

0501creation.jpg

My favourite example of this has to be the RATE project. A "research project" set up by the Institute of Creation Research in an attempt to reconcile radioisotope dating evidence to a literal biblical interpretation. For any of you that haven't read their conclusions before, behold!
    The key points of the book can be summarized as follows:
    1. There is overwhelming evidence of more than 500 million years worth of radioactive decay.
    2. Biblical interpretation and some scientific studies indicate a young earth.
    3. Therefore, radioactive decay must have been accelerated by approximately a factor of one billion during the first three days of creation and during the Flood.
    4. The concept of accelerated decay leads to two unresolved scientific problems, the heat problem and the radiation problem, though there is confidence that these will be solved in the future.
    5. Therefore, the RATE project provides encouragement regarding the reliability of the Bible.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/rate-ri.htm

How someone can actually write those words without their heads exploding in some kind of cognitive dissonance mushroom cloud is beyond me.

EDIT: By the way as to the heat problem referred to they acknowledge - "Thermal energy from radioactive processes is a major source of heat in the earth. If those processes were accelerated by many orders of magnitude, the earth would have quickly evaporated from the heat..."

Their confidence in resolving this problem.... "the authors acknowledge that accelerated decay requires a most unusual heat removal mechanism that is outside the known laws of thermodynamics."

Scarab80 wrote: »
    My favourite example of this has to be the RATE project. A "research project" set up by the Institute of Creation Research in an attempt to reconcile radioisotope dating evidence to a literal biblical interpretation. For any of you that haven't read their conclusions before, behold!

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/rate-ri.htm

How someone can actually write those words without their heads exploding in some kind of cognitive dissonance mushroom cloud is beyond me.

EDIT: By the way as to the heat problem referred to they acknowledge - "Thermal energy from radioactive processes is a major source of heat in the earth. If those processes were accelerated by many orders of magnitude, the earth would have quickly evaporated from the heat..."

Their confidence in resolving this problem.... "the authors acknowledge that accelerated decay requires a most unusual heat removal mechanism that is outside the known laws of thermodynamics."
    All of the above is contained in a review of the book "Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth, vol. II" by Dr Randy Isaac, executive director of the American Scientific Affiliation.
    The quotes that you have cited are not direct quotes from the book, as you are indicating ... they are Dr Isaac's opinion of what is being said in the book ... and others accuse me of 'quote mining' when I use direct accurate and fully attributed quotes!!!

You may have made a genuine error ... so I would ask you to make it clear that these quotes are Dr Isaacs opinion of the book ... and they not direct quotes from the authors of the book; Dr. Larry Vardiman, Dr Andrew Snelling and Dr Eugen Chaffin.

... and here are the career and academic facts about these three eminent, conventionally qualified Creation Scientists

http://creationwiki.org/Larry_Vardiman
    http://creationwiki.org/Andrew_Snelling
    http://creationwiki.org/Eugene_Chaffin

As for cognitive dissonance, you guys have 'cornered the market' on this one ... don't tempt me to start direct accurate quotes from evolutionists accepting facts that are completely at odds with Materialistic Evolution !!!!

... don't tempt me to start

Ok, we won't.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ok, we won't.
    Good!!:)

Do you have anything to say about Scarab80's misquotation of Doctors Vardiman, Snelling and Chaffin ... when the quotes are actually from Dr Isaacs???

... Robin and Malty T have thanked him for it ... or did they simply not read what Scarab80 was saying ... before they thanked him ... or does it matter whether anybody accurately quotes anybody else on the A & A???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That was me! :(

(Link)

Sorry :o
    or does it matter whether anybody accurately quotes anybody else on the A & A???

Look at your sig!!!!!!!!!

Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg?m=1272644241

Galvasean wrote: »
    Look at your sig!!!!!!!!!

Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg?m=1272644241

My signature is an accurate directly attributed quote correctly ascribed to the cited author ... and it is therefore perfectly legitimate.

Scarab80 is saying that the cited quotes are from a book by Doctors Vardiman, Snelling and Chaffin ... when the quotes are actually Dr Isaacs words!!!

Like I have said, you guys go into fits of 'moral indignation' when I legitimately and accurately make direct fully attributed quotes by leading evolutionists that highlight serious issues for Materialistic Evolution ... yet you justify these erroneously ascribed quotes by Scarab80.

Are you guys so 'committed to the cause' of Evolution that you are now justifying misquotation to prop up your crumbling case????

... and what will ye do if and when Scarab80 admits his error, as I'm sure he will do, when he realises his mistake?

Ye are certainly not covering yourselves in glory on this one!!!!!

... and the first rule when you are in a hole ... is to stop digging!!!

• Advertisement

Good!!:)

Do you have anything to say about Scarab80's misquotation of Doctors Vardiman, Snelling and Chaffin ... when the quotes are actually from Dr Isaacs???

No, cos I don't really care

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

bluewolf
    No, cos I don't really care
    An interesting admission about your standards ...
    ... which raises the important question as to whether these standards are also shared by the rest of the people on this thread???

An interesting admission about your standards ...
    ... which raises the important question as to whether these standards are also shared by the rest of the people on this thread???

Considering I rarely post in here and only came in again to go "wtf, are they still on about this", no it doesnt

bluewolf wrote: »
    Considering I rarely post in here and only came in again to go "wtf, are they still on about this", no it doesnt
    I haven't seen anybody else distance themselves from Scarab80's misquotation ... thanks all round ... and justification seems to be the 'order of the day' ... so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

quoteThe RATE researchers concede that there is evidence for “more than 500 million years worth (at today’s rates) of nuclear and radioisotope decay” (p. 284). This is a key departure from previous creationist claims that radioactive decay is much less than reported. quote

quote The authors state:
    The removal of heat was so rapid that it likely involved a process other than conduction, convection, or radiation … We believe it may be possible to discover how [God] did it (p. 763).quote

Seems to me that the reviewer quoted directly from the book before dissecting it. where's the problem?

I take it that the wiki article about Dr Vardiman was written by Vardiman himself:D
    quote Dr. Vardiman’s ability to converse in technical terms about creation science and also being able to communicate with the lay person has allowed God to use him in many ways — from the classroom to the great outdoors as a tour guide, to the radio waves on ICR’s radio program, Science, Scripture and Salvation quote

Like i said before JC, Misdirection is your forte.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Scarab80

All of the above is contained in a review of the book "Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth, vol. II" by Dr Randy Isaac, executive director of the American Scientific Affiliation.
    The quotes that you have cited are not direct quotes from the book, as you are indicating ... they are Dr Isaac's opinion of what is being said in the book ... and others accuse me of 'quote mining' when I use direct accurate and fully attributed quotes!!!

You may have made a genuine error ... so I would ask you to make it clear that these quotes are Dr Isaacs opinion of the book ... and they not direct quotes from the authors of the book; Dr. Larry Vardiman, Dr Andrew Snelling and Dr Eugen Chaffin.

... and here are the career and academic facts about these three eminent, conventionally qualified Creation Scientists

http://creationwiki.org/Larry_Vardiman
    http://creationwiki.org/Andrew_Snelling
    http://creationwiki.org/Eugene_Chaffin

As for cognitive dissonance, you guys have 'cornered the market' on this one ... don't tempt me to start direct accurate quotes from leading evolutionists showing the acceptance of facts that completely invalidates Materialistic Evolution ... while simultaneously engaging in a 'jaw dropping' 'handwaving' dismissal of the implications of these fact!!!!

The fact that the quoted text is a summary of the RATE project conclusions by someone critiquing their "paper" does not mean that the summary is incorrect.

1. Do you disagree that the RATE project found evidence for millions of years or radioactive decay at constant rates?
    2. Do you disagree that the purpose of the paper was an attempt to find radioisotope evidence for a 6,000 year old earth? (The whole reason this was posted, starting with the conclusion and trying to fit the evidence in)
    3. Do you disagree that the authors proposed non-constant rates of decay to fit their millions of years of evidence into the YEC timeframe?
    4. Do you disagree that the authors failed to come up with a credible hypothesis for how or why this accelerated decay could have happened?
    (Hint: [DIRECT QUOTE] "For example, the cooling of granite plutons would have taken thousands of years by conventional thermal diffusion. Of course, God was directly involved in all of these events, so it is possible that He employed some supernatural process which does not occur today or cannot be detected.")
    5. Do you disagree that the authors claimed evidence for a 6,000 year old earth despite these unresolved problems.

Quote mining is a problem where out of context quotes are used to try and infer a position on someone who does not actually hold that position. In this case that criticism is clearly not valid.

Regardless the post was intended as a humourous example of starting with your conclusion and trying to fit in evidence to match it (even if that means melting the earth!). I will not be getting into a discussion about it with you lest some impressionable youngster might read it and think that there is actually a discussion to be had instead of recognising that someone has devoted a not insignificant portion of their life to trolling the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

3000!
    I win the thread.

Edit: ****.
    Stupid difference between reply count and post count.

housetypeb wrote: »
    quote The RATE researchers concede that there is evidence for “more than 500 million years worth (at today’s rates) of nuclear and radioisotope decay” (p. 284). This is a key departure from previous creationist claims that radioactive decay is much less than reported.quote

quote The authors state:
    The removal of heat was so rapid that it likely involved a process other than conduction, convection, or radiation … We believe it may be possible to discover how [God] did it (p. 763).quote

Seems to me that the reviewer quoted directly from the book before dissecting it. where's the problem?

I take it that the wiki article about Dr Vardiman was written by Vardiman himself:D
    quote Dr. Vardiman’s ability to converse in technical terms about creation science and also being able to communicate with the lay person has allowed God to use him in many ways — from the classroom to the great outdoors as a tour guide, to the radio waves on ICR’s radio program, Science, Scripture and Salvation quote

Like i said before JC, Misdirection is your forte.
    The misquotation by Scarab80 that is at issue is the following:-
    wrote:
    Scarab80
    By the way as to the heat problem referred to they acknowledge - "Thermal energy from radioactive processes is a major source of heat in the earth. If those processes were accelerated by many orders of magnitude, the earth would have quickly evaporated from the heat..."

Scarab80 is clearly indicating that these are quotes from Doctors Vardiman, Snelling and Chaffin ... when the quotes are actually Dr Isaacs words from a review of Doctors Vardiman, Snelling and Chaffin's book !!!

This shouldn't be an issue at all ... Scarab80 should simply admit his mistake ... and you guys should be helping him by pointing out his error.

Instead ye are trying to justify/ignore/thank him for his error!!!
    ... and I see that Mark Hamill has now joined the thanks up on post #2987 ... which is all the more bizzarre, given that he now definitely knows that the quotes are erroneous!!!

... this indicates that ye are not at all objective when it comes to anything to do with your blind faith in Evolution ... ye even accept and justify obvious errors once you think they will help bolster the case for your worldview!!!

King Mob wrote: »
    3000!
    I win the thread.

Edit: ****.
    Stupid difference between reply count and post count.
    It is about the only thing that an evolutionist is going to 'win' on this thread ... and you didn't even get the 3000th post ... I did that !!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

It is about the only thing that an evolutionist is going to 'win' on this thread ... and you didn't even get the 3000th post ... I did that !!!:D

Actually I think Scarab did, then a couple of posts seemed to get moved/deleted.
    So if you did win, it was through mod divine intervention :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement