Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Stunning :rolleyes:

Keep on telling yourself that, you need the self-confidence at your age :pac:

Claralara - dry needling really does work, it's crappy painful while it's happening (and the day after, yargh) but it's the only thing that got me to the DCM startline last year. Hopefully a good week this week for everyone, what are you planning for your long run at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah marathon training and its fun. So whips, hammers, dry needles, brusies, dancefloors:eek:, high heels and the desire to throw up. Sounds to me like thats normal training.

Sports massage is indeed a great thing and would say that your physio seems to know what they're on about which is always good. So whats the plan for the week, is it 18 miles for the lsr at this stage?

I think you need to go easy on the dancefloor for a couple of weeks now or change your name to dancing queen. Remember bruises are a badge of honour and no pain, no gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

chinguetti wrote: »
    Ah marathon training and its fun. So whips, hammers, dry needles, brusies, dancefloors:eek:, high heels and the desire to throw up. Sounds to me like thats normal training.

Sports massage is indeed a great thing and would say that your physio seems to know what they're on about which is always good. So whats the plan for the week, is it 18 miles for the lsr at this stage?

I think you need to go easy on the dancefloor for a couple of weeks now or change your name to dancing queen. Remember bruises are a badge of honour and no pain, no gain.

All together now....Pain is your friend!

Sports massage is indeed a great thing and would say that your physio seems to know what they're on about which is always good. .

+1 but it's always good to work your own muscles regularly with a roller or with Tiger Balm etc to save you from a torturous session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    but it's always good to work your own muscle with Tiger Balm.

wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Hopefully a good week this week for everyone, what are you planning for your long run at the weekend?

18...aaarrrgh!!

If that's not how your training went, I can safely you missed out bigtime... You should follow my programme for Dublin this year - It has all the ingredients necessary for a world record result :cool:

Yep, 18 this weekend....terrifying I tell you. TERRIFYING!!

claralara wrote: »

Yep, 18 this weekend....terrifying I tell you. TERRIFYING!!

18?? Just wait until you're 34 like me ;)

wtf?

Valentine's present to himself. I'd say it stings though...

Valentine's present to himself. I'd say it stings though...

But only a little bit :D

And I get a birthday card from the Queen?! Woohoo :D

Teeny tiny...

• Advertisement

Week 7/14
    Monday Rest
    Tuesday 5miles
    Wednesday 8miles
    Thursday 5miles
    Friday Rest
    Saturday Something...:rolleyes:
    Sunday 18 miles

Monday 14th February
    - 2.41miles - Av pace 8.41
    Wasn't supposed to run today but I felt I needed to stretch out the legs and break in the new runners a bit. Plus my hayfever was acting up from the ten dozen bunches of long stemmed red roses courtesy of all my fans so I thought the fresh air would do me good... Only a short one around the block. Nothing exciting to report!

Teeny tiny...

Only a short one around the block. Nothing exciting to report!

Hmmm.......

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Only a short one around the block. Nothing exciting to report!
    Some awful quick denial there :pac:;)

wtf?

Act your age!

Your real age!
    And I get a birthday card from the Queen?! Woohoo :D

The only card you'll get at this time of year!

Hmmm.......

Jaysus, You can't say anything around here!
    Some awful quick denial there :pac:;)

Jaysus, You can't say anything around here! :pac:

The only card you'll get at this time of year!

Sh*g off you!

Tuesday 15th February
    - 5.73miles - Av Pace 8.51
    Ran into work this morning. It felt tough enough but that makes sense looking at my pace. It was pretty fast for me. No pains thank god. Legs were a little heavy today but nothing out of the ordinary or worrying.
    Glad I got it out of the way early - I was bonding with the snooze button until I remembered I had McDreamy (no, not you Digger) and McSteamy (and no, not you mrslow) to entertain tonight!!

- I was bonding with the snooze button until I remembered I had McDreamy (no, not you Digger) and McSteamy (and no, not you mrslow) to entertain tonight!!

Well, there's us put in our places mrslow......

About time! :p
    Tuesday 15th February
    - 5.73miles - Av Pace 8.51

Just realised the 'average moving pace' was 8.46. What does that mean? Why can't there just be one number? I hate technology!

It's obvious she has no taste, don't fret there Digger there's always Meet Up!;)

It's obvious she has no taste, don't fret there Digger there's always Meet Up!;)

Oh come on! They don't even want you anymore!

• Advertisement

Seeing as my LSR is going to be Sunday this week and I ran Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I decided to change the plan a bit and take yesterday as a rest day, run Thursday and Friday, and rest Saturday in advance of the 18 miles.

So the altered plan is 5miles this eve and 8 tomorrow. One of the girls from work is training for the Connemara Half (following some mild bigging-up of the half marathon distance and a little persuasion on my part) and she’s doing her LSR of 8miles tomorrow so I’m going to join her for that. Two LSR’s in one weekend… I can only presume my medal is in the post?!

I also feel the need to share the fact that I have lost my first full toenail since my running career started. It turned black back in January but when the pain wore off I forgot about it. And then BAM! it came right off in my sock yesterday leaving a perfectly happy brand new nail ready to rock. Awesome! :D

That hurts Claralara, that hurts!1346.gif

I also feel the need to share the fact that I have lost my first full toenail since my running career started. It turned black back in January but when the pain wore off I forgot about it. And then BAM! it came right off in my sock yesterday leaving a perfectly happy brand new nail ready to rock. Awesome! :D

Thanks for sharing. eck06.gif

Anytime! Enjoy your lunch :D

Anytime! Enjoy your lunch :D

The thoughts of your giant hairy ugly deformed toes is enough to make me skip lunch, the thoughts of them falling apart is enough to make me hurl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Seeing as my LSR is going to be Sunday this week and I ran Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I decided to change the plan a bit and take yesterday as a rest day, run Thursday and Friday, and rest Saturday in advance of the 18 miles.

So the altered plan is 5miles this eve and 8 tomorrow. One of the girls from work is training for the Connemara Half (following some mild bigging-up of the half marathon distance and a little persuasion on my part) and she’s doing her LSR of 8miles tomorrow so I’m going to join her for that. Two LSR’s in one weekend… I can only presume my medal is in the post?!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

such a charming log you have clara :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

:eek: That sounds painful but emmm congrats on the new toenail I guess :D

Who don't they want...Him or me?? :eek:....Wait...Is that your toe nail...Pheew, it's only a stale crisp!

• Advertisement

Who don't they want...Him or me?? :eek:

There will always be a special place in a certain Frenchman's heart for you Digger ;)

Advertisement