Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

dCorbus wrote: »
    Keep rubbing our faces in your good fortune, why don't ya!?:D;)

Nice one. Some very nice equipment indeed. Jealous, moi? Never.:rolleyes::D

:cool:

Yes your right i'm real lucky .I started buying when I came to the U.S. my first buy was the Lee Enfield , paid About $170 in a gun store in San Leandro. Most of my other buy's have been at gun show's , which I'm sure you would enjoy attending .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

My remmy 22-250........a work in progress, just got the stock the other day:D

047s.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    Most of my other buy's have been at gun show's , which I'm sure you would enjoy attending .

California gun shows are barely worthy of the name.

NTM

California gun shows are barely worthy of the name.

NTM

Depends which one you go to , Cow palace is a joke but a lot of the other one's are o.k. , though not as good as when I first came here . If I want to go to a good show I drive to Nevada ( Reno ) . I think anyone from Ireland who has never seen a gun show would be amazed to see what's available at them , even the bad ones considering there is nothing like them in Europe never mind Ireland . Nowaday's I mostly buy from the Internet or I check out the consingment rack's at gun store's .

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    Yes your right i'm real lucky .I started buying when I came to the U.S. my first buy was the Lee Enfield , paid About $170 in a gun store in San Leandro. Most of my other buy's have been at gun show's , which I'm sure you would enjoy attending .

here's a picture of my latest buy , I got it for $100 because it was pretty rough , some rust and pitting on the barrel but it's starting to clean up pretty good . It's an Enfield p17 that someone sporterised ,it's 30-06 I think haven't checked it yet , the barrell is in good shape with sharp land's and groove's no rust . When I get it cleaned up i'll post some more picture's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

heres my rifle now ready for action after getting fixed with the mod fitted to it
    Photo0081.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

136828.JPG

Heres my remington 700 sps varmint in a choate sniper stock.
    Zeiss 6,5-20x50 scope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

[QUOTE=Norway
    Heres my remington 700 sps varmint in a choate sniper stock.
    Zeiss 6,5-20x50 scope[/QUOTE]

nice rig you got there.
    how much did the stock cost

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    nice rig you got there.
    how much did the stock cost

i got it in Norway for 150 euro,but i know you can get them from the states for less,cause they ship internatinonal.:D
    If you look at actionexport.

http://www.actionexportsusa.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

i got it in Norway for 150 euro,but i know you can get them from the states for less,cause they ship internatinonal.:D
    If you look at actionexport.

http://www.actionexportsusa.com/

Now all you need is a Tactical bolt knob ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=141382&d=1293796651

www.irelandcustomrifle.com

• Advertisement

Thats right Tackle,i was hoping to get it done when i am home around the13 of january.
    Then it should be ready for some target practice.
    Nice rig you got there,how is the new stock treatin you?

Thats right Tackle,i was hoping to get it done when i am home around the13 of january.
    Then it should be ready for some target practice.
    Nice rig you got there,how is the new stock treatin you?

Very well thanks.

Much more comfortable to shoot with now thinks to the German Giant Edi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

My USP 9SD with Brugger and Thomet suppressor, Ambi safety, target sights and hogue pistol grip. Match trigger on the way for her too.

samsung019.jpg

My Enfield G3A3 (sorry about the pic quality).
    23082009.jpg

Shes actually sold now ... but im waiting on a Portuguese FMP (Same gun just manufactured under licence in Portugal)

My shotgun smile.gif shes an animal for eatin clays

24022009004.jpg

When i get the time ill have to make a set of chokes as well as a muzzle break (its a pig for recoil) and possibly a suppressor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

My USP 9SD with Brugger and Thomet suppressor, Ambi safety, target sights and hogue pistol grip. Match trigger on the way for her too.

samsung019.jpg

My Enfield G3A3 (sorry about the pic quality).
    23082009.jpg

Shes actually sold now ... but im waiting on a Portuguese FMP (Same gun just manufactured under licence in Portugal)

My shotgun smile.gif shes an animal for eatin clays

24022009004.jpg

When i get the time ill have to make a set of chokes as well as a muzzle break (its a pig for recoil) and possibly a suppressor.

Very nice little collection you have there, you must be livin in the US also. Lucky git!

MACT1RE wrote: »
    Very nice little collection you have there, you must be livin in the US also. Lucky git!

Not in the US .... in Ireland :)

Also have a new Semi .223 on the way but theres still alot of paperwork to get through since shes commin in from the US.

Also have a new Semi .223 on the way but theres still alot of paperwork to get through since shes commin in from the US.

More power to ya for being able to license that kit here! But to be honest, I’d be keeping it under wraps myself, you know what the begrudgers are like.

Could you explain how you got a Permit for a suppressor on a 9mm?
    As far as I was aware it was hard enough have a restricted licence without having to give a reason why you need a suppressor when any Pistol Range I am aware of does not allow use of same.

More power to ya for being able to license that kit here! But to be honest, I’d be keeping it under wraps myself, you know what the begrudgers are like.

I know all to well what there like. However after giving it much thought Ive decided not to give in to other peoples ignorance and jealousy.
    Could you explain how you got a Permit for a suppressor on a 9mm?
    As far as I was aware it was hard enough have a restricted licence without having to give a reason why you need a suppressor when any Pistol Range I am aware of does not allow use of same.

How did I get a permit...............Not beng funny.... but I applied for it !

Why wouldnt a range allow use of a suppressor ??

The range I use has no problem with what ever I bring as long as I have all the correct paperwork with me.

I know all to well what there like. However after giving it much thought Ive decided not to give in to other peoples ignorance and jealousy.

How did I get a permit...............Not beng funny.... but I applied for it !

Why wouldnt a range allow use of a suppressor ??

The range I use has no problem with what ever I bring as long as I have all the correct paperwork with me.

Same reason Only Target ammo is allowed for Pistols also.

Fairplay if you have a mod on your Pistol.
    What reason did you put on application for moderator for Pistol?

Same reason Only Target ammo is allowed for Pistols also.

Fairplay if you have a mod on your Pistol.
    What reason did you put on application for moderator for Pistol?

Only target ammo ..... why was there a batch of explosive top mini nuclear in circulation that i missed out on :P ??

Reason..... thats my secret ;) but with a Suppressor.... generally health and safety.

• Advertisement

Only target ammo ..... why was there a batch of explosive top mini nuclear in circulation that i missed out on :P ??

Reason..... thats my secret ;) but with a Suppressor.... generally health and safety.

Health and safety is covered by the fact that Hearing protection is standard protocol on all centrefire ranges.

I could see my CS looking long and Hard at me if I asked for a mod for my Glock.
    It would also make the pistol very heavy at the muzzle end would it not?

Unless it is made of Titanium or Aluminium.
    I suppose it would tame down recoil a lot. my .40S&W is mediocre with recoil, but I had a go of a S&W686 before and it was much easier to shoot as it was heavier and absorbed a lot of recoil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭vixdname

Heres a photo of my Remy 700 with the AICS stage 1.5 stock and a NightForce NXS 5.5-22X56 scope with a Lightforce 170 scope mounted lamp attached - Got the lamp as an early xmas pressie from my good wife !!!:D

Gun2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

other peoples ignorance and jealousy.

I don't know whether to hate you or love you.

As an aside, is there actually a range where you just go and shoot and enjoy it without all the politics and opinionated people talking down at you and laying down their law.????

maglite wrote: »

As an aside, is there actually a range where you just go and shoot and enjoy it without all the politics and opinionated people talking down at you and laying down their law.????

It's called a big field full of rabbits and a .223 :D

All ranges in this land are heavily ruled as directed by DOJ.

Your dead right! As a shooting community, hell, as a whole country, we are our own worst enemies. The “anti” and the “big brother” movement in this country have to have the easiest job on the planet. Just sit back and we’ll turn our own spit!

Health and safety is covered by the fact that Hearing protection is standard protocol on all centrefire ranges.

I could see my CS looking long and Hard at me if I asked for a mod for my Glock.
    It would also make the pistol very heavy at the muzzle end would it not?

Unless it is made of Titanium or Aluminium.
    I suppose it would tame down recoil a lot. my .40S&W is mediocre with recoil, but I had a go of a S&W686 before and it was much easier to shoot as it was heavier and absorbed a lot of recoil

Let him give you all the looks he likes, your CS is there to see if you have sufficent reason for such items. If you get the " I dont like the look of that" attitude then there is a process of appeal for such a case.

Weight wise its not bad at all, it actually really balances out the pistol. B&T are only 1 of 2 companies that H&K recommends and doesnt void there warrenty.

Where you REALLY see and feel the difference is with recoil and group sizes are cut in half !

maglite wrote: »

I get that alot :)

Well since Ive posted it previously I may as well say that Im a member of Midlands.

Personally I cant speak highly enough for the range and staff there, as for a small minority of the shooters.... well thats a different story. I dont go to the range for politics, bullsh!te or as some people have put it to me "to show off". Semi Autos have always been an area of particluar interest to me so I go to shoot, chat and relax and if I do meet the opinionated, the artists or the jealous I have no hassle walking away because I dont have to listen to it.
    It's called a big field full of rabbits and a .223 :D

All ranges in this land are heavily ruled as directed by DOJ.

True, However Ive yet to see where they havent allowed suppressors or semi autos of a calibre that they allow in bolt guns
    Your dead right! As a shooting community, hell, as a whole country, we are our own worst enemies. The “anti” and the “big brother” movement in this country have to have the easiest job on the planet. Just sit back and we’ll turn our own spit!

VERY true !

I believe (and its a feeling that others have shared with me too) that pistol shooters were really given the harsh end of the stick by other factions in the shooting communtiy when the new legislation was being pushed in. I feel that faster than pistol shooting could be established it was brushed under the mat in an effort to keep other forums of shooting within the state all because of the Newspaper nightmare that Scum that run through our streets with illegal firearms brought onto the current government.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justashotgun

shaft666 wrote: »
    Thanks, the backdrop is just above my cottage. It's a real bugger having to get up and look at views like that every morning :D

I have a similar problem, When I wake up I struggle to look through the smog of Belfast :D and gaze upon the beauty that is the Cave Hill and Napoleans Nose, but what place you live inmate. :)

(incidently it is said that Jonathon Swift author of Gullivers travels got his idea of the Giant from looking upon the Cave Hill and seeing a sleeping giant)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

hello all,

i'm new enough to hunting/shooting, and have being following this forum for awhile.

although a member of the RDF( fca in my day:D) for 14 years now, i only got my first shot gun about 3 and half years ago, a lamber over and under.

my next buy was about 2 years ago, i went in to get a box of rounds for the shotgun, and came out with a bruno CZ .22.

got it with the scope, and slincer, and have added a bipod since. brother sent it over from the states for me ;)

here they are:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It occurs to me I never stuck up pics of my finished stalking setup, so here it is. Has a new set of low Optilock mounts on it now as of the other night thanks to clivej (Cheers clive!) and feels better than ever. Bore-sighted it today and zeroing tomorrow, stalking sunday. Hopefully she'll get a nice confirmation now.

Image0022.jpg?t=1295630108
    Image0023.jpg?t=1295630133
    Image0024.jpg?t=1295630151
    Image0025.jpg?t=1295630151

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

nice setup you got there IWM. i'm sure she will knockem for you;)

Advertisement