Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

NTSC Gamecube is also the superior model though. Nintendo took out Component functionality from the PAL Gamecube. It might be moddable but I'm not sure. So if you want to play GC games in 480p which most of the big games supported, you'd need a component cable, the NTSC game and an NTSC console.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    NTSC Gamecube is also the superior model though. Nintendo took out Component functionality from the PAL Gamecube. It might be moddable but I'm not sure. So if you want to play GC games in 480p which most of the big games supported, you'd need a component cable, the NTSC game and an NTSC console.

what about using the Wii and a component cable?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe if you use Gecko to boot up the NTSC game you will get it. If you boot up a PAL games I'm pretty sure you will only get an RGB signal. However it's not all doom and gloom. There's very little difference between 480p and RGBs 480i. RGB has interlaced scan lines and you'd only really notice it if you were a videophile. I'm happy enough with RGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Early PAL Gamecubes have the digital AV out for the component cable.

The problem is that most, if not all, PAL Gamecube games don't support it.

NTSC games that support progressive scan, on an early PAL Gamecube, however, should work with progressive scan over component video cables. Though I haven't tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Picked up King of Fighters NeoWave for PS2 only €5
    No pics as usual due to no camera (Santy please bring me one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up Super Return of the Jedi for the gameboy, along with Dynamite Headdy and Super Fantasy Zone for the MD.

Oh and also Ivy The Kiwi? for the DS - got mixed reviews but I really liked the look of it. 2D game by the creator of sonic is always worth a quick look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love Super Fantasy Zone. It never got a US release. Always wondered why the prices weren't through the roof as it's hard enough to come by.

Ah Yuji Naka. Always taking credit as the creator of Sonic. All he did was program it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah Yuji Naka. Always taking credit as the creator of Sonic. All he did was program it.

Wrong choice of words on my part. Still, if 'all I did' was program it I'd be pretty pleased with myself too :P

Don't worry. It's a common misconception that's been spread by the man himself. Naoto Ohshima is the real genius behind Sonic Team. Just look how their games nose dived after he left after Nights and Yuji Naka replaced him in the designer role. I did hear that Ivy is great though.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's pretty good, looks great, and while the gameplay is pretty basic and the controls slightly frustrating at times, I sat there for an hour and a half last night playing it when my intentions were to just give it a quick spin. Normally a good sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Got this lot on ebay last week, popped in a new 72 pin connector and cleaned the games this evening, good as new! It was €35 posted.

img0438kg.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice!
    Now, get yourself Duckhunt, Wildgunman and a Zapper Gun and you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Star Ocean 3 today so now have all 4 in the series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This turned up today. Staying sealed!

Pyongyang wrote: »
    This turned up today. Staying sealed!

Play it! Great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

ghostchant wrote: »
    Play it! Great game!

Noooooooooo! Sacriledge!

Got this little lot too. Madden 09 is still sealed and was only £2.50. Heard it was a rarity (or at least on it's way to being so).

The 360 stuff (not retro I know!) was all £1.99 or £2.99. Metal Arms was 99p!

Not a bad haul I think. :)

You can't keep it unwrapped and unloved. I don't understand collectors collecting sealed games. I get mine so I can play them. Drill Dozer is such a good game it's a sin not to play it.

Master of the Universe

It's a weird hobby..but seeing as there are already millions of opened copies of classic games already, I really don't see the point of opening sealed ones. Just sell it to someone who would appreciate/collect a sealed copy and get an open one for yourself?

New game smell is part of the fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There's just SOMETHING about the smell of a freshly-unwrapped CD.

I wonder if it's actually toxic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I got Vectorman in Rage today, boxed with manual, woo =]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Vectorman, have fun with it, and when you're bored of the DKC cash in, sell it to me!
    At least it's better than the sequel!

Did RAGE get much in the way of Snes stuff in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Not that I noticed tbh, nothing special really. Some nice NES stuff but I can't remember it all now. Seen Street Fighter Alpha for the Saturn though, is that worthwhile?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Not that I noticed tbh, nothing special really. Some nice NES stuff but I can't remember it all now. Seen Street Fighter Alpha for the Saturn though, is that worthwhile?

PAL version. Although with a 60Hz switch it's back up to the correct speed.

It's far, far superior to the god awful PS1 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I was in there too, thought about picking up Alpha, but decided against it in the end.

Got a copy of Mario 3 for NES to wrap up for myself for Christmas though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got these this morning

8xlfyo.jpg

Oh and this

2nasps8.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice! I think you may have left your camera on the flower setting though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Advertisement

Got my lovely new Master System today, its awesome! Phaser gun as well.
    Going to hit RAGE and pick up some new stuff for It!
    It has built in Hang On and Jungle Hunt though, which is nice....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement