Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I assume the guy narratoring the trailer is the guy you play if Shepard was killed at the end of ME2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Azza wrote: »
    I assume the guy narratoring the trailer is the guy you play if Shepard was killed at the end of ME2.

Nope, if Shepard dies at the end of ME2, you won't be able to transfer that save over.

Did Shepard die in one of the ME2 endings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, my friend was describing the cutscene that plays afterwards.
    Joker is left on his own in the Normandy talking to the Illusive Man. He sees Reapers swarming past the ship. Probably somewhere on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Did Shepard die in one of the ME2 endings?
    :pac:

NOOB.

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    :pac:

NOOB.

Or you could answer me properly without being an immature twerp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Or you could answer me properly without being an immature twerp :)
    OR you could play Mass Effect 2 :)

OR you could play Mass Effect 2 :)

God you're so witty. I bet you get all the girls with that wit, huh? Good for you. Good for you.

God you're so witty. I bet you get all the girls with that wit, huh? Good for you. Good for you.
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite insult on the Citadel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The bad ending was pretty bad alright, but you have to be either awful at the game, or intentionally trying to get the bad ending to see it. The canon ending will be the 'save everyone' ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

co-op seems like a great idea until the conversations start (i know ive had some pretty long dialog scenes in me1 + me2) where your friend is just going to get sick of it and quit which is why im saying they will have to change that whole system for it (for me that is an integral part of mass effect).
    i have played on insanity and if two or more people where using some thing like charge or cloak it would be way too unfair and easy (they could up the difficulty but who wants to shoot something a 100 times to kill it).
    The mp team they hired is currently working on The Old Republic so they cant help unless the game comes out in like three years so it would have to be the main bioware team working on it which will harm the sp

No, again you seem to be insisting coop has to be fully integrated or not at all. It's going down a completely different path when you talk about coop for the dialogue scenes , having friends choose conversation options for your teammates etc. Thats not going to happen in this game.

I'm simply talking about your friend having control of GARRUS or whatever, during the combat parts of the game , noting bringing THEIR shepard into your game, with full abilities. If you remember, your team mates only have 2 guns and limited abilities compared to shep.

Is the old republic a unreal engine game? Odd of them to only hire people for multiplayer coding for an MMO a few months ago.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sisko wrote: »
    There's a massive demand for earth to be in the game from the ME community so I guess thats part of the reason. What screen shot are you talking about though?

Its the one with the Modern Warfare reject with a Sniper Rifle that just looked like BioWare trying to appeal to the wrong crowd.Earth should of been left aswell unless they plan on destroying it.Can't believe the ME Community wants that its as annoying as UK sites wanting every sequel to be set in London.Gta London,Assassins Creed 3 in London, Uncharted 3 set in London whats next Pokèmon London.

Yeah I saw that screen shot, didnt think it was really going to be ME3 thought it was gonna be a different game. But now seeing the trailer, your right.

I dunno the reapers are meant to be this galaxy ending force of awfulness, if its such a big deal for them to take one single planet (earth) what about the rest of the galaxy.

I'm a little less hyped and more worried for ME3 now after seeing that trailer.

But I'm sure it'll be good, Hales performace ups the games enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you watch the video of the bad ending above, Harbinger says "Your species has the attention of those infinetly your greater". Due to Shepards actions, the Reapers are targetting humanity as they view them as a bigger threat, best to wipe them out first to prevent another Soverign calamity.

Kiith wrote: »
    The bad ending was pretty bad alright, but you have to be either awful at the game, or intentionally trying to get the bad ending to see it. The canon ending will be the 'save everyone' ending.
    :eek: Did you just say the "C" word?!

Nothing is canon in Mass Effect. If you die in Mass Effect 2, then you won't be playing as Shepard in Mass Effect 3, and there'll be a whole host of other differences than if you had survived that final mission

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I really shouldn't be reading this thread, I haven't gotten the Reaper IFF in Mass Effect 2! Still doing loyalty missions.

:eek: Did you just say the "C" word?!

Nothing is canon in Mass Effect. If you die in Mass Effect 2, then you won't be playing as Shepard in Mass Effect 3, and there'll be a whole host of other differences than if you had survived that final mission

See, this is a problem for me. The whole story of Mass Effect is about Sheppard, and how he is the only one able to stop the Reapers. I don't see how they can give the option of not playing as Sheppard in the next game. I understand they want to have consequences for sucking, but to give the option of having Sheppard be killed at the end of the 2nd just doesnt work for me.

I know that you can just say that he survived in my game, but there would have to be massive changes to the game if Sheppard is alive or dead. It's too big a change tbh.

Remember that Shepard did die at the beginning of ME2. If he died at the end of ME2, I can see them having a similar story in ME3 - Project Lazarus coming back and re-animating him. I assume the technology is still there from before, unless I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Remember that Shepard did die at the beginning of ME2. If he died at the end of ME2, I can see them having a similar story in ME3 - Project Lazarus coming back and re-animating him. I assume the technology is still there from before, unless I missed something?

I suspect the body may have been lost beyond recovery, so to speak, in the death ending to ME2 posted above, and the fact that the station where the Lazarus stuff was done before was captured at the start of ME2 would both make it a bit of a stretch, and also a cop out to just do this.

Also, interviews in the past with development team members have all but assured that death in ME2 will be final where ME3 is concerned, and you'll have to start with a new Shepard.

Lads there is some basic cannon in the game, and as cython said if you some how got your shep killed in ME2 it means you can't carry over your save to ME3 and you just start ME3 the way you do if you start ME2 without ever playing ME 1.

Get me? :p

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    If you watch the video of the bad ending above, Harbinger says "Your species has the attention of those infinetly your greater". Due to Shepards actions, the Reapers are targetting humanity as they view them as a bigger threat, best to wipe them out first to prevent another Soverign calamity.

Oh I know all this, I'm talking about how it appears to be such a big effort for them, I pictured them wiping out planets in a day kinda thing if they're doing it across the entire galaxy , not just concentrating on earth, floating over landmark cities for an entire game. I know they have interest in humanity , ( Me2 spoilers: ) they wanna use humanity the way they used the protheans , to be their new slave race.

Its just a teaser trailer though. I suppose what disappoints me about it is how it looks like a trailer for a totally different game, not mass effect.

Plus they put the wrong Shepard in there. Needs femshep. The proper shep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Sisko wrote: »
    Lads there is some basic cannon in the game, and as cython said if you some how got your shep killed in ME2 it means you can't carry over your save to ME3 and you just start ME3 the way you do if you start ME2 without ever playing ME 1.

Get me? :p

Oh I know all this, I'm talking about how it appears to be such a big effort for them, I pictured them wiping out planets in a day kinda thing if they're doing it across the entire galaxy , not just concentrating on earth, floating over landmark cities for an entire game. I know they have interest in humanity , ( Me2 spoilers: ) they wanna use humanity the way they used the protheans , to be their new slave race.

Its just a teaser trailer though. I suppose what disappoints me about it is how it looks like a trailer for a totally different game, not mass effect.

Plus they put the wrong Shepard in there. Needs femshep. The proper shep.

bit strange alright seeing as one reaper nearly took out the citadel by itself whereas there is like 3-4 reapers in London alone ?? shouldnt even be a fight tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Its funny how all the landmarks are intact yet everything else is in rubble. That big wheel thingy is even standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,034 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would say there is a strong possibility multiplayer could be treated exactly like Uncharted 2. Single player game as the single player game should be. Multiplayer is a seperate game mode.

I think it could work, ME death matches with mates could be fun, if they could get a few of the biotic attacks in there along with guns.

Wouldn't be something I would be that interested in, but wouldn't bother me if it was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Stev_o wrote: »
    Tbh im getting a bit sick of the whole mass effect plot line. The premisses hasn't changed at all. Go put together a crew. Get alien weapons. Win the day. It's going to be a pure action game with dialogue . They are playing this far too safely in terms of plot because it's so predictable. The council will be saying "We don't want to help Earth" and then we have to go convince them. Would of been much more interesting to see a bit of betrayal in the council as Repear sleepers gain control and ensue a civil war of sorts.

My god, you can tell all that from a 1 minute trailer a year before the games release, it must be no fun for you to actually play these games once they are actually released.

On to the MP
    Mass Effect 2 was one of the best games I've played, and a lot of this was down to getting you to empathise with the other people in the game, I lost all of the Normandy crew except for Dr. Chakwas, but I sent her to her death instead of jeopardising the mission for a single survivor, after that I managed to get my whole squad through the ending unharmed and boy was I a happy camper, my heart was in my mouth all the way through that sequence.
    If Bioware could guarantee a sequel worthy of the series but with added MP that did not in any way pull any resources or affect any game-play feature from the SP, then I'd be all for it. But, as we all know, and another poster here has mentioned, building a MP for this game from the ground up would take millions of dollars and possibly up to half the crew to implement.

For that reason Mass Effect MP, you're fired. (I hope)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

thebhoy wrote: »
    My god, you can tell all that from a 1 minute trailer a year before the games release, it must be no fun for you to actually play these games once they are actually released.

Mass Effect 1 is one of, if not, one of my favourite games of all times. I find however myself agreeing with Steve_o on this matter. The trailer is very reminiscent of the whole "go gather a crew and fight the collectors beyond the omega relay" theme, just this time it's "go gather a crew and fight the reapers on Earth".

I found Mass Effect so brilliant because you never knew what was going in the plot line next. It was never clear how the game was going to end and then when it did in an epic fight in the citadel my mind was simply blown. I never could have expected an ending as simple awesome as that.

Unfortunately in Mass Effect 2 the ending was very clear from the start of the game. You'd gather your crew and go to The Collectors and beat them. Mass Effect 3 seems to be following this same predictability (and this is echoed in the trailer by the "Shepard must bring help soon or else..." line).

Maybe I'm wrong (and I hope I am) but gathering a crew (or uniting the races or whatever) and then finally going to Earth to battle the reapers is all just a little clichéd and not half as cool as I'd expect the final game in the trilogy to be like.

Keep multiplayer the **** away from the 3rd as far as i'm concerned. Not every game needs multiplayer. Mass Effect is a single player game, and should remain that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I knew there was a game I haven't finished yet, ME2. I'll get around to that during Christmas. I wish I never the thread, silly spoilers :mad:

The game looks great nevertheless.

The one thing I can't wait to see is how your actions in the ME1 and ME2 (I really hope it'll be the two, rather than just ME2) will impact the world in ME3. I went back and replayed ME1, just so I could do most things differently and see how this changed ME2. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

thebhoy wrote: »
    On to the MP
    Mass Effect 2 was one of the best games I've played, and a lot of this was down to getting you to empathise with the other people in the game, I lost all of the Normandy crew except for Dr. Chakwas, but I sent her to her death instead of jeopardising the mission for a single survivor, after that I managed to get my whole squad through the ending unharmed and boy was I a happy camper, my heart was in my mouth all the way through that sequence.

Please use the spoiler text thing, I've been following this thread, curious as to what people think of adding multiplayer. I'm still playing through ME2. Yes, it doesn't surprise me that I need to go through the Omega relay and that it's a suicide mission. The achievement for surviving it gave that away.

But spoiler:
    The fact that I can choose to send the Doctor to her death to save the mission is a pretty big spoiler.
    Come on!

It's not quite up there with Homer ruining the Empire Strikes Back for everyone in the queue for the movie, but it's a spoiler nonetheless.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing MP added once it doesn't detract from the single player game.

Mass Effect 3: Elder Scrolls :P

• Advertisement

The anti MP people sound like conspiracy theory nut jobs "impossible to add mp without it affecting the sp" "With cost trillions of dollar" bla bla bla

I guess half-life 2 is such a failure of a single player game, they added deathmatch to that after all.

ME is a singleplayer game, adding mutliplayer wont change that. Just something fun to do once you've beaten the game.

As for people complaining about spoilers of ME2 in a thread about ME3. You should really beat me2 1st before reading a thread on the 3rd game.

I mean I was pretty late to getting around to beating it myself, only beat it 2 months ago. But for the entire 6+months the game was out where I wasnt playing it, I avoided every youtube video and internet thread about the game. Its very easy to do.

I certianly wont be using any spoiler tags if I must talk about anything ME2 during this thread, or ME1 for that matter.

I'll say this though Jayd0g, that wasnt as big a spoiler as you seem to think it was , the way thebhoy phrased that makes it sounds like more of a spoiler then it is. Has little to do with the success of the mission for example, I'll spare you the details, you'll understand when you get to that part. But trust me your assuming more then whats actually there.

Advertisement