Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I never knew about the crash until I saw it tonight - but I was dissapointed. Not with the effects and stunts which were great but it has ruined the greatest storyline Corrie ever had in all the years I have been watching.

Would have much preferred to have all the current 'difficulties' play out naturally in their own slow agonising ways. What an opportunity lost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Who dies then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I enjoyed watching the credits.."Tram Driver".."Stunt Driver".."Stunt Doubles" etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I never knew about the crash until I saw it tonight - but I was dissapointed. Not with the effects and stunts which were great but it has ruined the greatest storyline Corrie ever had in all the years I have been watching.

Would have much preferred to have all the current 'difficulties' play out naturally in their own slow agonising ways. What an opportunity lost. :(

Which storyline do you mean? I'm curious. If it's Molly/Kev/Tyrone..she was leaving anyway and they're dragged it on for a fair while now. Now I can see a possible baby custody battle with Kev/Sally and Tyrone and before that Sally will have to find out Kev's the dad so the story's not over yet.

Ashley(if he dies that is) and Claire-two boring nonentitites were heading off to France anyway.

Rita..very sad to see her go but she has no major storylines now anyway.

John/Charlotte...it was becoming increasingly difficult for him to handle the situation with the mad woman. What was left to happen, she was either going to squeal or kill him. They had to end it sometime. I hope he does get away with it. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him hit her with the hammer:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What's the story with Steve and Becky...two useless twats keep losing the child..Jebus! He got out the back door already this week..surely they should've put an extra lock on it out of his reach? Becky 'he must've got out some other way'. What other freakin' way you stupid cow..there's one other door besides through the pub and he didn't go that way without passing you two total tits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ann22 wrote: »
    What's the story with Steve and Becky...two useless twats keep losing the child..Jebus! He got out the back door already this week..surely they should've put an extra lock on it out of his reach? Becky 'he must've got out some other way'. What other freakin' way you stupid cow..there's one other door besides through the pub and he didn't go that way without passing you two total tits.

I wonder will it turn out that her sister came back and snatched him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

hmmmmm... or if he was thinking, he could rescue baby Jack and bludgeon Molly to death with a jar of Apple Drops.... win/win situation...

Love your posts Jonathan.

Ann22 - I guess @Alfasudcrazy meant the Leanne, Peter and Nick storyline?

Is Rita really dead? Molly and Ashley are dead I think. Maybe Janice too?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,122 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sally Webster embarks on a steamy revenge affair with young grease monkey Tyrone Dobbs in a Corrie New Year's Eve shocker.
    Sally, played by Sally Dynevor, 47, will find out about hubby Kevin's (Michael Le Vell) secret love trysts this week.

He's been seeing Tyrone's wife Molly (Vicky Binns) and all is revealed in the aftermath of the tram crash.

The pair are heartbroken and plan to spend New Year's Eve together instead of crying alone at home.

Their heartache is compounded by the revelation that Kevin and not Tyrone (Alan Halsall, 28) is the father of Molly's baby Jack.

A source said: "Molly and Kevin were already an unlikely couple but Tyrone and Sally is even more ridiculous. They have nothing in common, but their broken hearts will bond them for a short while."

After downing one too many, they share a tender kiss as Big Ben strikes midnight - paving the way for a full-blown affair in the New Year.

Our source added: "They need each other right now. For Tyrone he just wants some love, but Sally is a little bit more clever than that. She wants to hurt Kevin. It looks like Tyrone will be caught in the crossfire."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did any of you know there was also a train crash in 1967 on Coronation Street..

Unfortunately, because there are no special effects back then, we are only made aware of the crash by somebody running in to the Rovers and saying "Jaysus, I know ye cant see it or anything, but there's a train after crashing outside"..

You will see Bill Roache again credited at the end of the scene.. His longevity really is incredible..

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A source said: "Molly and Kevin were already an unlikely couple but Tyrone and Sally is even more ridiculous. They have nothing in common, but their broken hearts will bond them for a short while."

I thought the source had been a tongue in cheek JP Liz V1, but apparently it's true... :eek:

Corrie set for unlikely New Year affair?

Personally I would have preferred getting back at Kevin by knocking off with the daughter.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,122 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought the source had been a tongue in cheek JP Liz V1, but apparently it's true... :eek:

Corrie set for unlikely New Year affair?

Personally I would have preferred getting back at Kevin by knocking off with the daughter.. ;)

Source

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3263416/Tyrone-to-give-Sal-a-thorough-servicing.html

I think Tyrone also gets back with Maria later on next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I enjoyed watching the credits.."Tram Driver".."Stunt Driver".."Stunt Doubles" etc...

The Tram Driver is a prime candidate for Harry Hill this week

Ann22 wrote: »

John/Charlotte...it was becoming increasingly difficult for him to handle the situation with the mad woman. What was left to happen, she was either going to squeal or kill him. They had to end it sometime. I hope he does get away with it. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him hit her with the hammer:D.

The Stapemeister has gotten away with too much already! Everyone conveniently forgets he kidnapped wwwwwwwwosie Webster after having a full blown (ahem) affair with her - after that we were supposed to feel sorry for poor put-upon John - ah bless him, she's a harlot anyway and he was BORN TO TEACH! I hope he goes to prison although not sure I can take the weeks of Fizzbomb weeping. Did herself and Tyrone go out together at one stage? Perhaps they'll reunite.

Edit: Just read the bit about Ty & Sally - jebus.

optogirl wrote: »
    The Tram Driver is a prime candidate for Harry Hill this week

I thought Harry Hill was finished for the series. Last Saturday it was a "Best of" episode. :confused:

I thought Harry Hill was finished for the series. Last Saturday it was a "Best of" episode. :confused:

oh maybe so - boo hiss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Sally Webster embarks on a steamy revenge affair with young grease monkey Tyrone Dobbs in a Corrie New Year's Eve shocker.
    Sally, played by Sally Dynevor, 47, will find out about hubby Kevin's (Michael Le Vell) secret love trysts this week.

He's been seeing Tyrone's wife Molly (Vicky Binns) and all is revealed in the aftermath of the tram crash.

The pair are heartbroken and plan to spend New Year's Eve together instead of crying alone at home.

Their heartache is compounded by the revelation that Kevin and not Tyrone (Alan Halsall, 28) is the father of Molly's baby Jack.

After downing one too many, they share a tender kiss as Big Ben strikes midnight - paving the way for a full-blown affair in the New Year.

Our source added: "They need each other right now. For Tyrone he just wants some love, but Sally is a little bit more clever than that. She wants to hurt Kevin. It looks like Tyrone will be caught in the crossfire."

Would be an interesting story. Tyrone and Maria also seemed up to the idea on ITV2 last night that the should be back together.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think Tyrone also gets back with Maria later on next year

I'd prefer to see him and Fiz back together when it all comes out about John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I'm friends with alan (Tyrone dobbs) but can't get any info out of him :(

Think Corrie is on UTV at 8 30 tonight but not on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

This is probably bugging me more than it should, but I don't understand the actual physics behind the crash. The tram was approaching from the right and derailed above the Joinery and into the Corner Shop on the left yeah? But then suddenly its back arse decides to go all Godzilla on them and smash into the Kabin, and from the looks of the final shot there's not a hint of a tram going in the Corner Shop in the first place.

Like I said though, I'm more worried by the fact that this bothers me :o

• Advertisement

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/aug2010/5/7/pic-image-2-720903937.jpg

For you Daysha ^^

Edit - that doesn't answer your question at all, sorry

pic-image-2-720903937.jpg

lol

No doubt the papers will have consulted a independent transport expert and established what the likely casualties would have been if this had occurred in real life..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Daysha wrote: »
    This is probably bugging me more than it should, but I don't understand the actual physics behind the crash. The tram was approaching from the right and derailed above the Joinery and into the Corner Shop on the left yeah? But then suddenly its back arse decides to go all Godzilla on them and smash into the Kabin, and from the looks of the final shot there's not a hint of a tram going in the Corner Shop in the first place.

Was thinking the same myself, but read somewhere that there was two carriages which broke apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Daysha wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing this morning when UTV were supposedly reporting from the street LIVE, there was only a tram on the right and another 2 things that bother me I thought these things were filmed 4 or 5 weeks in advance so how come the tram is still hanging there? and what was the cause of the explosion in the new club? I know there is a live show on thursday does that mean they all have to catch up on 4 or 5 weeks work now?

Think Corrie is on UTV at 8 30 tonight but not on TV3.

Ooooh thanks! I wouldn't have known that!! :)

casio4 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing this morning when UTV were supposedly reporting from the street LIVE, there was only a tram on the right and another 2 things that bother me I thought these things were filmed 4 or 5 weeks in advance so how come the tram is still hanging there? and what was the cause of the explosion in the new club? I know there is a live show on thursday does that mean they all have to catch up on 4 or 5 weeks work now?

I think Keiran said something about the gas playing up.

So possibly Owen and Cheryl's ex (who helped renovate the club) could be in trouble. Shoddy work, or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No, it wasn't.

Do you honestly think they would risk screening the most expensive scene in soap history live?

The live episode is later in the week.

Oh yeah, definitely, because I cannot use logic.

I meant the episode before the crash one. There was a lot of shaky camerawork and quick cuts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

casio4 wrote: »

Corrie is filmed 6 weeks in advance and the next 6 weeks have already been filmed. They filmed the funerals for example about a month ago. They have a second set, which is housing the tram crash scene as that all needs to be kept in place for the live episode.

This is a good page for those who want to brush up on the street geography. http://www.corrie.net/start/where.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Itv/utv are showing one ep today (8.30) and one tomorrow. (7.30)

Tv3 are showing a double bill tomorrow(7.00-8.00)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

The emergency services in Weatherfield are very slow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement